Quantcast

Are Most Black Men Really Colorist?

Taz98

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
33,352 673 277
Alleybux
Yes. Colourstruck BM can and will still be with DS BW, it’s just if they were given an opportunity to marry and procreate with light bright and white, they would

Coco Campbell

Do Not Normalize Mistreatment
Reaction score
Reactions
215,726 12,397 7,403
Alleybux
Oh gawd oh, this was my African co-worker! Treated his African wife and kids like shite, divorce her, married a white women and had 2 biracial children. What a disappointment because I always thought the motherland keeps it real.
Yes. Also just cause black men may have dark skinned wives/girlfriends/babymamas doesn’t mean they’re not still colorist. I see black men who are married to dark skin women and have dark skinned daughters still be colorist cause they couldn’t get the exoticals/lights and whites so they settles for who would take them the dark skinned girl and then resent her the whole time cause he really wanted a light bright.

Lilliup

We’re Not the same Tribe
Reaction score
Reactions
32,004 3,104 2,227
Alleybux
Where do darkskin women come from?

Perhaps a dark skin couple or f buddies. Just because a man gets a dark skin woman pregnant doesn't mean that he's not a colorist it just means that he got horny & opportunity.

Some dark skinned women have a light skinned mothers & dark skinned father. I've seen videos on YouTube of light skinned mothers disappointed that their daughter came out dark & would only darken as she ages. Like the father.

So to answer your question dark skinned women come from dark skinned fathers LoL

But to be totally honest two dark skinned parents have had light skinned children. Believe me I know. The true answer is genetics plain and simple.

Edit: I believe that everyone notices color but not everyone behaves negatively to it. No, I do not believe that the majority of black men are colorists. Or at least those of a certain age. Sadly the under 25 crowd? I'm not so sure.

Dream86

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,421 911 339
Alleybux
Please site your source. But then again I will take that phony paragraph you typed because we can officially stop the blame Black single mother for everything wrong in the Black community. Also, how can you explain the oow rate being at 70% if Black women are married at the same rate as White women?

Last edited:

ORNELLA

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,095 4,147 561
Alleybux
Chile, I use to think the desire for light skinned children and partners would go away once they got older. Boy, I was WRONG!!! As dark skinned men get older they get thirstier for light skinned women. I've had to start telling them I'm married and my hubby is a cop and ex-military who loves to fire his gun. These dark skinned men are just relentless and they swear every single woman wants them.

Cranesinthesky

Sometimes I don't wanna feel those metal clouds
Reaction score
Reactions
415,235 15,602 5,029
Alleybux
Yes. You’re unlikely to ever meet a black man that wouldn’t date a mixed or light skinned woman.

Black men who won’t and don’t date darkskinned women, there are MANY, however.

Even black men that generally prefer darker skinned women, won’t rule out a mixed or light skinned woman. You’ll also often find in relationships where the guy is brown or darkskinned, the woman is lighter.

That is colorism, and sadly that does describe most black men. Most black men are at least open to lighter women and other races, yet many men wouldn’t date even a gorgeous woman of their own skintone and see it as a downgrade.

Cranesinthesky

Sometimes I don't wanna feel those metal clouds
Reaction score
Reactions
415,235 15,602 5,029
Alleybux
A good 85% of them are... how is this up for debate when it’s a lived experience.

The reason why Black men are colorist is because they are at the bottom of the patriarchy hierarchy and they don’t have power in this world. When men don’t have access to power and control they create it by dominating over women. Colorsim is a social hierarchy that they benefit from because they can control who has access to marriage, resources, admiration, protection, quality education and healthcare. These things are needed for survival and this form of control fulfills their masculinity identity and their lack of access to real power exercised by White men.

A word.

KuroiHakucho

The Ebony Swan
Reaction score
Reactions
42,458 534 239
Alleybux
Here's something else I wanted to add. When I was back in Atlanta (you know, where black people and black relationships are "thriving"), I was in a relationship with a dsbm and I'm a dsbw. I can't tell you how many times black people thought we were siblings or related despite us holding hands and kissing. Mind you we looked nothing alike and we even talked about why people think that two black people of the same skin tone- especially dark skinned- couldn't be together.

It's like we're conditioned to only see dsm/lsw or nbw pairings and vice versa unless they're both African I guess.

Last edited:

Divine7

Temptress
Reaction score
Reactions
13,324 1,122 1,489
Alleybux
....because LSA will you believing that damn near all black men are colorist who hate black women.

Now FYI I'm not saying I agree nor disagree. I just want some clarity on what the ladies of LSA really think on this matter.

Aren’t you Nigerian/West African? LOL

What’s your concern with ADOS men? :unsure:

I’ll never understand the obsession y’all foreign (west african) women have with ADOS men... Especially the ones that live in the UK. Those are the ones make up the majority of the Twitter divest movement LOL.

holy water

You need more than love.
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
40,973 3,437 2,103
Alleybux
Most brownskin and darkskin men I see date women lighter than them. Whereas a lot of lightskin guys date women darker than them.

holy water

You need more than love.
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
40,973 3,437 2,103
Alleybux

SeekSolitude

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
135,483 5,283 2,696
Alleybux
Here's something else I wanted to add. When I was back in Atlanta (you know, where black people and black relationships are "thriving"), I was in a relationship with a dsbm and I'm a dsbw. I can't tell you how many times black people thought we were siblings or related despite us holding hands and kissing. Mind we we looked nothing alike and we even talked about why people think that two black people of the same skin tone- especially dark skinned- couldn't be together.

It's like we're conditioned to only see dsm/lsw or nbw pairings and vice versa unless they're both African I guess.

ATL colorstruck like a mug.

Krafty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,056 7,014 9,249
Alleybux
Let's see...

...growing up, attending private schools with less than 5 black boys in HS -- who all openly stated how they weren't attracted to black girls

...attending parties, football and basketball games with black people from outside of my school in middle and high school, and noticing how much vitriol there was from DS black boys to LS black boys, and how every popular "clique" was led by some lightskin girl...

...attending a PWI with less than 10% AfAm and seeing the few black males in prominent positions on campus -- from Kappas to Alphas, student government to leaders of the Black Student Union and other popular orgs -- constantly uplifting, defending and publicly claim the same fair-skinned and/or (usually) mixed girls. It was crazy how, magically, their "hoeness" could easily get deleted the closer their proximity to white

...getting bullied for the first time in my life at 18 by a group of 4 LS and mixed girls that hung together my freshman year, because black boys they liked gave me attention. these same girls even went as far as to ask certain guys "why" they felt I was attractive in screenshots that were eventually shared from Facebook messages

...oh man and being naive to dating black boys until I was 17 made dating hell for me being kind, nice and embracing toxic "love"...can't even tell you how many times I've been told straight up that I'm an exception to a guy's "lightskin" standard because of my features, and in spite of my brown skin.

...defending several of my darker-hued friends when men would tell them they were "cute" or "pretty" for a "dark-skinned girl"

I yearned for black friends growing up, due to my suburban and private school upbringing. By the time I actually got to be around black people in an academic and social setting, from ages 17 to 21, I was honestly saddened and frustrated by colorism, how blatant it is and how our "community" refuses to acknowledge it.

I'll be honest, after the age of 21, I quickly distanced myself from the black community, en masse, in college and solely focused on my major, and my career. I'm a proud black woman, but my decision paid off for me in the long run.

Self-hate in the black community is rampant and I'm so grateful that social media and forums exist today to decimate the gaslighting I've experienced in previous years.

Sorry for stream of consciousness, y'all... this is triggering

this was so beautifully stated. There is no black community for dark skin unambiguous black woman.

And to the bolded- becoming a tribe of one is the smartest thing a black woman can do.
Thank you.

Divine7

Temptress
Reaction score
Reactions
13,324 1,122 1,489
Alleybux
Many dark skinned BW are primarily interested in light skinned or white men. They look down on dark skinned black men and call them ‘dusty’ and ‘broke’

All of this is true. Most dating based research studies back this up as well.

These fonts can never provide rebuttals to disprove them, so they groan and sceptical instead.

29BDC905-812A-4E8C-B472-AF72012E3FD8.jpeg

1D66DE9B-319C-41DD-B69B-B663416ABCFC.jpeg

Proximity to black men and convenience, due to the lack of interest from non-black men since they largely prefer women from their own race, is the only reason black women are with black men. Black men, especially dark skin black men, are not the majority of black women’s main preference.

3am

Sawltie
Reaction score
Reactions
206,120 4,581 2,070
Alleybux
Yes. I think most black men are colorist. Not always on a XXX “death to dark skins” level, but sometimes in more subtle ways as well.

Most men of color are colorist in SOME way imo. We can talk about how colorism ravages every community: West Indian, East Asian, Indian, Caribbean... But when we talk about black men specifically suddenly everyone is deaf, dumb, and blind. Oh well.

Mipsaf

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,689 4,421 2,485
Alleybux
Let's see...

...growing up, attending private schools with less than 5 black boys in HS -- who all openly stated how they weren't attracted to black girls

...attending parties, football and basketball games with black people from outside of my school in middle and high school, and noticing how much vitriol there was from DS black boys to LS black boys, and how every popular "clique" was led by some lightskin girl...

...attending a PWI with less than 10% AfAm and seeing the few black males in prominent positions on campus -- from Kappas to Alphas, student government to leaders of the Black Student Union and other popular orgs -- constantly uplifting, defending and publicly claim the same fair-skinned and/or (usually) mixed girls. It was crazy how, magically, their "hoeness" could easily get deleted the closer their proximity to white

...getting bullied for the first time in my life at 18 by a group of 4 LS and mixed girls that hung together my freshman year, because black boys they liked gave me attention. these same girls even went as far as to ask certain guys "why" they felt I was attractive in screenshots that were eventually shared from Facebook messages

...oh man and being naive to dating black boys until I was 17 made dating hell for me being kind, nice and embracing toxic "love"...can't even tell you how many times I've been told straight up that I'm an exception to a guy's "lightskin" standard because of my features, and in spite of my brown skin.

...defending several of my darker-hued friends when men would tell them they were "cute" or "pretty" for a "dark-skinned girl"

I yearned for black friends growing up, due to my suburban and private school upbringing. By the time I actually got to be around black people in an academic and social setting, from ages 17 to 21, I was honestly saddened and frustrated by colorism, how blatant it is and how our "community" refuses to acknowledge it.

I'll be honest, after the age of 21, I quickly distanced myself from the black community, en masse, in college and solely focused on my major, and my career. I'm a proud black woman, but my decision paid off for me in the long run.

Self-hate in the black community is rampant and I'm so grateful that social media and forums exist today to decimate the gaslighting I've experienced in previous years.

Sorry for stream of consciousness, y'all... this is triggering
OMG. Are you me?

This is literally me.

So strange.

MrMagnificent89

Still Mirin Being Mirin
Reaction score
Reactions
90,236 7,625 11,978
Alleybux
70% of those babies are being born out of wedlock. We can suppose that those men did not deem the black mother of their children worthy of marriage....I wonder why.

70 percent of those babies are born to women who mutually decided to not use condoms and not require marriage before taking that next step. It takes two people to make a babies. Stop solely blaming men. Seems to me like the mother of their children did not want it either.

We have seen many women here come up with millions of excuses as to entertaining certain types of men when we see the end result of it all the time in our community. Look at how many women in here came up with millions of excuses for Zonnique dating a gang banger with two baby mamas. These are the women become a man's third baby mama etc.

Be accountable, stop blaming men when women are also making poor choices themselves.

randommer

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,117 150 127
Alleybux
Let's just do this. Show me a white man with a black woman in his video as a love interest? Like the Weeknd.. not just shaking her butt... I've never seen a white artist like a Weeknd that would put only non-black women in thier videos..you have to love how some black men co sign white men without even knowing it.. it's a little funny..

Maybe Jon B? But show me a recent one.. I literally can't think of any..

Lol Ed Sheeran, Shape of You but I feel your sentiments and also he's from the UK. Different kettle of fish

Bob Bigboy

LSAs favorite boytoy
Reaction score
Reactions
5,159 1,025 1,579
Alleybux
All of this is true. Most dating based research studies back this up as well.

These fonts can never provide rebuttals to disprove them, so they groan and sceptical instead.

View attachment 1824795

View attachment 1824793

Proximity to black men and convenience, due to the lack of interest from non-black men since they largely prefer women from their own race, is the only reason black women are with black men. Black men, especially dark skin black men, are not the majority of black women’s main preference.

Great post. Thanks for posting the underlying evidence. I don’t think I know of any, maybe just one, dark skin black woman who has never been with a white, multi, or biracial man.

I know plenty black men who have never been with a white or multiracial woman.

KKND04232016

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
123,245 4,207 1,948
Alleybux
Lol Ed Sheeran, Shape of You but I feel your sentiments and also he's from the UK. Different kettle of fish

In all his videos or just one? Weeknd literally never has one even mixed girl in his videos. Show me a non-black man that puts exclusively nothing but black women in his videos... I will wait..

It truly is embarrassing how some black men are. Just being honest..

KKND04232016

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
123,245 4,207 1,948
Alleybux
Great post. Thanks for posting the underlying evidence. I don’t think I know of any, maybe just one, dark skin black woman who has never been with a white, multi, or biracial man.

I know plenty black men who have never been with a white or multiracial woman.

You are so lying.. LOL

Goodknees

yep still here
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
96,975 2,762 381
Alleybux
This really needs to be discussed but will be denied as well. There are black men who will fukk darker women all day long, but associate upward mobility and stability with light skin and non-black women. Anything to get closer to whiteness and away from themselves.

This is the crux of it all.

Singulier

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
30,663 2,939 5,666
Alleybux
I would say most black people are colorist. Lighter skin is considered a more attractive feature on women in pretty much every race/ethnic group - even those that haven't had european exposure.

AshBoogie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
74,517 1,929 889
Alleybux
Yall do know that just because a black man wifes up a DS woman that still doesnt mean hes not colorist, right? I've been in whole relationships with men and still heard colorist remarks from them. "I usually dont date dark skinned girls but I made an exception for you," "you're pretty...for a DS girl", etc. So just because yall see a black man with a dark skinned woman that doesnt necessarily mean he's not colorist.

Last edited:

Mipsaf

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,689 4,421 2,485
Alleybux
Yall do know that just because a black man wifes up a DS woman that still doesnt mean he's not colorist, right? I've been in whole relationships with men and still heard colorist remarks from them. "I usually dont date dark skinned girls but I made an exception for you," "you're pretty...for a DS girl", etc. So just because yall see a black man with a dark skinned woman that doesnt necessarily make him not colorist.
I know a chocolate beauty whose chocolate man - after dating for ten years, had a baby with a yt Latina. Then wifed up my friend right after.

Mipsaf

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,689 4,421 2,485
Alleybux
"YT men are racist, yet somehow biracial babies are being born every day." That happened from the the late fifteenth to the late nineteenth century.

You just implied that the willingness to make babies [that they abandon or make a home for] is proof that they are not colorist.

:disdain
Rape is about power, idiot.

Bob Bigboy

LSAs favorite boytoy
Reaction score
Reactions
5,159 1,025 1,579
Alleybux
Yes. And for those saying “well why would a Black man partner with a dark skinned woman if he only wants a light skin woman?” please know this sh!t happens everyday. My ex husband is with a darker woman now and the way he treats her makes me annoyed but I mind my business. He puts in minimal effort (she drives from another state to come and see him) and has had his eyes on lighter skin women but they haven’t given him any play. And even when Black men are married to non Black women they engage in colorism. My brother is unhappily married to a non Black woman and now says things like “get you a dark skin girl” to our younger cousins because he figures light/non Black women are too high maintenance and darker skin BW will work and just be happy to be in a relationship. It’s sick.

I’m married to a beautiful, ivy-school educated, dark-skinned black woman. Honestly it’s like having a drill sergeant. She yells at my as like she’s my mom and then if I talk back is like: “I can get another you in a minute.”

So that’s a myth debunked, at least for me!

lllooo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,576 1,344 487
Alleybux
I came to this exact same conclusion a few months ago.

Retaliation for their resentment is also often in the form of random, public displays of misogynoir (which is basically just psychological abuse).
Some are with Black women at the time of the offense (D.L. Hugely, Nipsey Hussle), others are not (Stephon Clark), but I believe they would rather we didn’t exist. Something else: some of those with Black women could have gotten others, but for whatever reason (optics, having Black sons) they thought they should be with a Black woman. That’s another reason “most Black men marry Black women!” doesn’t impress me.

Mipsaf

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,689 4,421 2,485
Alleybux
I believe they would rather we didn’t exist
I've met so many BM who seem to think this and I don't understand why they are also the ones who spend the most time harassing, chasing, publically humiliating, stalking me.

Why is it hard for them to stay away?

Mipsaf

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,689 4,421 2,485
Alleybux
I agree, its black male culture at this point. They dislike themselves too much to ever truly value their progeny enough to create stable homes and families
For those BW who are surprised that this happened to them (like my DS friend), why the perpetual shock given the stats and looking around? She literally was so shocked when he left her, and he begged her to have a baby with him too and promised marriage.