Quantcast

Are Most Black Men Really Colorist?

Dream86

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,421 911 339
Alleybux
i know im late to this post, but chris brown is a singer/rapper, its hes OWN music video he can decide to put who ever he wants in hes videos. I didn't know black women own chris browns music or video rights. Since chris brown is black, you latch on to him and say since hes black, its black womens spaces or apportunities. This isnt some 9-5 job or company, artist and singers have control over their craft and who gets put in their music videos. Opportunties given are up to said rapper/singer.
If he doesn’t owe Black women anything why do BM like himself always promote their music specifically to this community expected us to support it... because we are Black! Once again Black men or woman whatever you are, shaming Black women for following the same culture practices that Jewish, White Asian and Middle eastern communities do which is why they are financially better off that we are. We are the only community that gets shamed for asking for the same racial loyalty and RESPECT that BM ask from Black women. Have fun arguing with yourself, because I know that’s what you want to do.

stamaster21

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
439 168 226
Alleybux
If he doesn’t owe Black women anything why do BM like himself always promote their music specifically to this community expected us to support it... because we are Black! Once again Black men or woman whatever you are, shaming Black women for following the same culture practices that Jewish, White Asian and Middle eastern communities do which is why they are financially better off that we are. We are the only community that gets shamed for asking for the same racial loyalty and RESPECT that BM ask from Black women. Have fun arguing with yourself, because I know that’s what you want to do.
If you dont like cris browns music or music videos don't support it, don't watch it dont,buy hes music. what loyalty , you don't know chris brown personally. Hes a artist all he does is offer a service/product in terms of music/music videos if you don't like the protect fine, but he doesnt owe anybody anything.

stamaster21

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
439 168 226
Alleybux
I dont think she is knocking that he has choice in the matter, merely remarking upon a phenomenon that only exists on this scale with black male artists. I always say, show me the bollywood males who star predominantly non indian women in their movies and songs. Show me the white male music stars who predominantly feature non white women on their platforms and in their art. You wont see it. You dont see it. Or the kpop industry. They understand to put their own first every time. Its not up for debate, and everyone adheres to the code. The black community is backwards, so we (ie black males) uplift others most of the time.
And to that i say if you think you can do it better, then said person should go be singer/rapper and make the music and put who ever black person they want in their videos.

Millennial91

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
657 109 385
Alleybux
This is my first time hearing this. You really think this is true? I just dont see this around me, and i grew up in atl. I think black women respond to whomever approaches us. So if the light skinned guy comes on stronger than the dark skinned guy then thats who we are gonna pick. I dont think color matters.
I'm in the north east. Could be different, but up here dark toned women usually are with light, mixed, white or Hispanic men. Often fawning and going through drama just to obtain one. I've heard them say some crazy things also.