Quantcast

Are Reparations Political Suicide For Democrats

Reaction score
Reactions
1,284 547 440
Alleybux
Agreed. Ppl in the US do not take well to even the mere thought of changing "the system". MILLIONS and MILLIONS of white ppl benefit from the system as it is. They would see us (getting reparations) as a very direct threat to their system and their way of life.

Don't y'all see how white ppl act when you mention "gun control"...just the mention of it brings about extreme backlash. It would be the same reaction but worse if the government decided to pay reparations. A lot of these white ppl paint AA's as lazy, leeching off the govt...aka "welfare queens". This perception is part of why white ppl swear that AA's are less than or the bottom feeders of society. If reparations come, it'll provoke some of those same white ppl to react violently and w/o much remorse.
And I hope we fight back with all we got liberty or death f those bigots we should not live for there mercy

Reaction score
Reactions
1,284 547 440
Alleybux
why do black people always say black and brown and people of color when they are extremely anti black for

SouthernNotCountry

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
223,652 5,511 931
Alleybux
A big part of reparations is so people understand what they did was wrong.

Turning them into a disadvantaged program or a diversity program is not repairing the harm that was caused unjustly.

It’s all or nothing for me. I want racism to be seen as a bad thing.

I didn't suggest turning it into a program, I simply bought up black farmers to highlight the battle faced with anything tagged just for black people.

Isis Diamond

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,564 2,782 2,581
Alleybux
This part is overlooked. I know people like to scream and holler "it needs to say for BLACK people only" but that's not going to work in this current environment. Black farmers can't even get theirs from the current bill simply because it says it's just for black farmers. I feel like reparations were something that should have happened right after the Civil Rights movement when they had momentum in getting things passed in government. I think people as a whole got complacent and content with the rights given at the time and let it sit too long. The ONLY way it will currently happen is if more black people or some super progressive white people are in Washington and approve it and push it through. I don't see it happening until then because it will be tons of roadblocks (like now) and lawsuits. It's easier in cities because it's on a much smaller scale.
Exactly. Reparations can pass, but insisting it blatantly be called reparations for slavery/Jim Crow is political suicide. That's why I don't take ADOS seriously. I don't think they even really want this because they are insisting it be done in the most confrontational and unpopular manner possible. Why? We know you can pass policies to help a specific race without explicitly mentioning that it's to help that race. The New Deal by FDR was a master class on doing exactly that, except they quietly excluded black people and only helped white people. A few black people benefitted, but that wasn't the intent.
Do you have any other suggestions? Billions and trillions of dollars go to other countries every year and the same people scared of white backlash say nothing about that.
"What aboutism" won't work. Foreign nationals are removed from the US, usually in poverty, and other citizens don't see the direct benefit of them getting money, so they don't care.
A big part of reparations is so people understand what they did was wrong.

Turning them into a disadvantaged program or a diversity program is not repairing the harm that was caused unjustly.

It’s all or nothing for me. I want racism to be seen as a bad thing.
Well then you’ll get nothing because reparations is more likely to piss white people off than inspire remorse.

Buffalo Butt

Ultimate Gobbler
Reaction score
Reactions
235,717 14,462 4,447
Alleybux
Exactly. Reparations can pass, but insisting it blatantly be called reparations for slavery/Jim Crow is political suicide. That's why I don't take ADOS seriously. I don't think they even really want this because they are insisting it be done in the most confrontational and unpopular manner possible. Why? We know you can pass policies to help a specific race without explicitly mentioning that it's to help that race. The New Deal by FDR was a master class on doing exactly that, except they quietly excluded black people and only helped white people. A few black people benefitted, but that wasn't the intent.

"What aboutism" won't work. Foreign nationals are removed from the US, usually in poverty, and other citizens don't see the direct benefit of them getting money, so they don't care.

Well then you’ll get nothing because reparations is more likely to piss white people off than inspire remorse.
You have more of a bone to pick with ADOS than anything else. People have been fighting for reparations way before Yvette Carnell and Antonio Moore were born. The existing criteria has been around since at least the 80s and the "research" has always been out there. Local governments are using the term REPARATIONS. It doesn't matter what they label it.

You're telling me a "what aboutism" wouldn't work but I never gave you one. You have yet to come with any clear suggestion on what reparations should look like for us, your posts have told me exactly who you are.

JaninaTheSavage

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,867 4,712 5,303
Alleybux
Reparations aren’t happening, yes white people and others would be extremely pissed if it did happen. Things would get very violent. Idk why reparations keeps being a topic of conversation, it’s not happening ever. Just like forgiving everyone’s student loans isn’t happening either. Politicians just say the right things when it’s election time to get as many votes as they can.
I think liberal whites would get mad because they won't have anyone to save. They want a perpetual state of victimhood so they can give handouts and feel good about themselves. Believe it or not more republicans are for reparations than you think, including Trump. And so are the majority of republican voters. Reducing poverty reduces crime and businesses and the economy grows. Period

YoungBougieBlac

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
180,356 9,436 15,105
Alleybux
I think ppl would be pissed but eventually get over it. For example, I was pissed at the free money via stimulus checks ppl got during the pandemic Bc I didn’t qualify. I’m over it now. Sure I wish I got some free money but like, I didn’t, and life goes on.

Stakesishigh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,850 250 324
Alleybux
I think ppl would be pissed but eventually get over it. For example, I was pissed at the free money via stimulus checks ppl got during the pandemic Bc I didn’t qualify. I’m over it now. Sure I wish I got some free money but like, I didn’t, and life goes on.
Yes I agree. I think there will be a period where people will huff and puff but they will get over it and the country will finally be able to move on

Greenskye

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,533 2,071 846
Alleybux
It isn't meant to be taken seriously. Non-ADOS groups don't understand the dynamics of the cause at all.

Aems

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,081 3,911 1,715
Alleybux
Latinos will get reparations for "KiDz iN cAgEs!!!!" before we see a dime. And the worst part? Most black people in America, including some ADOS, would be perfectly fine with it.

21andover

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
182,984 4,047 1,603
Alleybux

I haven’t gotten anything is centuries. I will not distort what reparations is because people will be pisses.

You mentioned “The New Deal,” a allegedly race-neutral policy that rarely benefited Black people. I refuse to have that done to African Americans this time around.

Either it’s reparations for African Americans whose ancestors were trafficked here or its not reparations.

mrkjsmooth16

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,434 195 254
Alleybux
This is so much the truth. This is why the US government keeps importing poor immigrants, illegal and legal as a means for them to trample all over ADOS and look down on us. Why would you need to import poor immigrants when you have already been oppressing and actively still oppressing a group of people for generations?

I suspect Democrats are hoping to buy more time. If enough ADOS bred with enough poor immigrants then ADOS would stop insisting on reparations. America would just end up like Brazil.
We should never aspire to be like Brazil

Reaction score
Reactions
2,948 1,193 2,374
Alleybux
Yeah, but there is a difference between people getting 1500 and people getting 155k a person. That’s every ADOS 155k extra (which is the estimate worth of reparations today). That’s a lot of money. You can get over someone getting 1500 more easily than someone getting 155k. Even some of our “allies” will probably want to burn our houses down when the jealousy hits

Buffalo Butt

Ultimate Gobbler
Reaction score
Reactions
235,717 14,462 4,447
Alleybux
Yeah, but there is a difference between people getting 1500 and people getting 155k a person. That’s every ADOS 155k extra (which is the estimate worth of reparations today). That’s a lot of money. You can get over someone getting 1500 more easily than someone getting 155k. Even some of our “allies” will probably want to burn our houses down when the jealousy hits
So what is the alternative? Our people should continue to suffer so that white people don't do what they've been doing already for centuries?

Umbra

Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Reaction score
Reactions
7,078 144 77
Alleybux
Only 10% of white voters support it? Really? This proves how fake a lot of democrats are. For what it’s worth, I’m white and I support it.

Sereneone

Independents on Here are MAGA. Don't Be Fooled!
Reaction score
Reactions
140,308 4,131 2,790
Alleybux
I think liberal whites would get mad because they won't have anyone to save. They want a perpetual state of victimhood so they can give handouts and feel good about themselves. Believe it or not more republicans are for reparations than you think, including Trump. And so are the majority of republican voters. Reducing poverty reduces crime and businesses and the economy grows. Period

This entire statement is false. It is quite sickening that these lies from MAGA cultists are placed here on a daily basis.

MAGA GOP would never support reparations or any monetary funds to help black people. Every republican opposed the black farmers debt relief bill that every democrat supported.

Trump would never support this bill.

The racist republican MAGA GOP party is in court to stop these farmers from receiving the aid they are entitled to.

TataNowYall

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
24,299 1,408 974
Alleybux
Unfortunately I think the point is moot because Democrats aren't going to move on reparations beyond giving symbolic lip service

JaninaTheSavage

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,867 4,712 5,303
Alleybux
This entire statement is false. It is quite sickening that these lies from MAGA cultists are placed here on a daily basis.

MAGA GOP would never support reparations or any monetary funds to help black people. Every republican opposed the black farmers debt relief bill that every democrat supported.

Trump would never support this bill.

The racist republican MAGA GOP party is in court to stop these farmers from receiving the aid they are entitled to.

Your world revolves around republicans being racist. Newsflash. It's not 1895 or whenever. Find a new oppressor. Or look no further than your daddy, Biden.

Sereneone

Independents on Here are MAGA. Don't Be Fooled!
Reaction score
Reactions
140,308 4,131 2,790
Alleybux
Your world revolves around republicans being racist. Newsflash. It's not 1895 or whenever. Find a new oppressor. Or look no further than your daddy, Biden.

Interesting you had nothing to support your false statement about republicans supporting reparations. You need to work on making accurate statements on this site and stop spreading false information.

Trump and republicans don't even support affirmative action, but you are on here saying they support reparations. Your comments are nothing but propaganda for MAGA. Shameful!

All you have are personal attacks no substance. That's the whole MAGA philsophy just like Trump...Attack...but offer no substance or truth.
Sick!

LACQUER

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
120,608 5,786 1,518
Alleybux
If there wasn't anything in it for them, then yes, it would be. It would probably radicalize them even further. The trick would be to either not call it reparations and disguise it within a larger bill (but then most people might not even consider it reparations without the actual name) or to have white people benefit somehow, too. There's no other way it's not going to cause an uproar from them.

Yankeeology

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
18,339 8,721 7,768
Alleybux
Yes....

Are you kidding me?

Every white House Democrat would be vulnerable....every one of them