Quantcast

Are so called Liberal/Forward Thinking Cities and States becoming more racist/passive aggressive

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,613 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
There was a time where more liberal cities used to be a bastion for black people to find freedom and a sense of peace away from the Jim Crow South. Great Migration happened Black Americans moved to cities in the more industrial forward thinking states up North and some parts of the midwest. Black people were able to find jobs, build businesses and live a better life without feeling threatened and harassed. Liberal cities are busier and therefore people mind their business more than living in a slow town.

Fast forward to 21st century and it seems to me that liberal so called forward leaning cities are becoming more passive aggressive and not as friendly in terms of economics and mindset. There was a time you can be able to live middle class in the big cities and find a way to move up. Nowadays, big cities seem to be very elitist/cold and fool of themselves.Every big city nowadays is starting to look the same, no eclectic neighborhoods more hipster with same similarities of vegan shops, Soul Cycles, Whole Foods etc.

What do you think, an example of forward leaning cities that are suppose to be tolerant is Seattle, Boston, NYC, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc

Kat13

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
106,112 5,301 463
Alleybux
Becoming? They’ve always been like that.

Liberal and progressive doesn’t mean they’re going to be a racial utopia.

Portland is a prime example of passive liberal racism.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,613 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Becoming? They’ve always been like that.

Liberal and progressive doesn’t mean they’re going to be a racial utopia.

Portland is a prime example of passive liberal racism.

Yes but their branding as been that they are liberal. Portland is way more liberal than the rest of Oregon which is red and full of white militias.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,613 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
People who don’t live there have a lot of misconceptions about ny. Or they went there for a week once and they know all there is to know

NYC has always been considered a culture hub of America, if you were of different culture, origins you can easily blend in NYC without fear of being judged and in fact it has been embraced that is why you have so many ethnic enclaves in NYC. You need to check out 70's NYC, that was a liberal bastion where they had pδrn and xes shops in Times Square.

Today NYC is very corporate, it got corporate around late 90's but Bloomber opened up NYC to foreign investors/China.

spoiledwater

Proud Elder Millennial
Reaction score
Reactions
539,569 16,179 6,462
Alleybux
I think it's always been that way.

Anyone talking about how "diverse" and "progressive" they are, is the most racist. Why are they constantly counting what race everyone is, versus just living and let living?

I low key hate that certain jobs are mostly clustered in only a few parts of the country, because those really aren't where I'd prefer to live.

Don't prefer to live around "liberal" racist whites, but that tends to be where the jobs are.

Areas with a good amount of jobs plus different types of people, that aren't obsessed with being "progressive" and "inclusive" are getting harder to find.

Remy Newport

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
298,636 6,108 4,257
Alleybux
NYC has always been considered a culture hub of America, if you were of different culture, origins you can easily blend in NYC without fear of being judged and in fact it has been embraced that is why you have so many ethnic enclaves in NYC. You need to check out 70's NYC, that was a liberal bastion where they had pδrn and xes shops in Times Square.

Today NYC is very corporate, it got corporate around late 90's but Bloomber opened up NYC to foreign investors/China.
sigh, I’m a born and bred nyer. I don’t have to check out 70’s New York. God, you’re not even black for chrissakes, go away..

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,613 10,514 8,098
Alleybux

Anyone talking about how "diverse" and "progressive" they are, is the most racist. Why are they constantly counting what race everyone is, versus just living and let living?

I low key hate that certain jobs are mostly clustered in only a few parts of the country, because those really aren't where I'd prefer to live. Don't prefer to live around "liberal" racist whites, but that tends to be where the jobs are.

I think more black people are opening up and realizing that so called progressives are the most racists. I think black people always knew but they had to learn how to work with them.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,613 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
sigh, I’m a born and bred nyer. I don’t have to check out 70’s New York. God, you’re not even black for chrissakes, go away..

That is very progressive, assuming something about someone that you don't know to be true. Assuming I am not black is racist, don't fall into that trap.

PerpetuallyExhausted

***** H.N.I.C*****
Reaction score
Reactions
102,154 5,403 2,149
Alleybux

I low key hate that certain jobs are mostly clustered in only a few parts of the country, because those really aren't where I'd prefer to live.

Don't prefer to live around "liberal" racist whites, but that tends to be where the jobs are.

Areas with a good amount of jobs plus different types of people, that aren't obsessed with being "progressive" and "inclusive" are getting harder to find.
Yes I see this at work all the time. The .most "worst progressive " Nabisco will put you through all kinds of passive aggressive racism.

LeoBarbie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
35,519 633 356
Alleybux
I think more black people are opening up and realizing that so called progressives are the most racists. I think black people always knew but they had to learn how to work with them.

Those two sentences contradict. Black people have been living in this country for over 400 years. My foremothers and fathers knew a racist when they saw one....whether they voted blue or red. Nothing is new under the sun. But you should've known that though

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,613 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Those two sentences contradict. Black people have been living in this country for over 400 years. My foremothers and fathers knew a racist when they saw one....whether they voted blue or red. Nothing is new under the sun. But you should've known that though

I've known but I know Christian Black people who were willing to open their hearts to white people. They assumed that if they were civil they can be better to establishing a rappaort. No need to be hostile.

HotDamn

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
214,793 7,909 741
Alleybux
This isn't new. Liberal cities have some of the worst racists I have ever encountered. They are passive and slick about it.

Nandoux

MVP
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
7,519 122 28
Alleybux
Well I can't speak for the other places but being born & raised in Chicago....sis, we (black folks) been knew they are racist. They have never changed. This liberal, forward leaning city has always been hostile to us. Yes, many were able to move up and/or had our own middle class areas but that was only because the sheer number of black folks and white flight, not that they were being supportive or fair. And maybe some of the younger ones are passive aggressive, but the rest are regular-degular aggressive lol.

When they say liberal, they are really just talking about women/Lgbtq communities, maybe immigrants...but black folks stay on the bottom of that list all day, every day.

LeoBarbie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
35,519 633 356
Alleybux
I've known but I know Christian Black people who were willing to open their hearts to white people. They assumed that if they were civil they can be better to establishing a rappaort. No need to be hostile.

Smiling in white people faces has been a survival tactic for some black people for one reason or the other. However, I don't think many black people have been fooled or just realizing something new. It's just not spoken. The elders in black families who either moved into these cities or their parents that moved into these cities were not sleep behind the wheel. Northern cities have always been racist and used to have extremely segregated neighborhoods. I'm sure there are still some segregated neighborhoods in these cities, if it hasn't been gentrified already.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,613 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Smiling in white people faces has been a survival tactic for some black people for one reason or the other. However, I don't think many black people have been fooled or just realizing something new. It's just not spoken. The elders in black families who either moved into these cities or their parents that moved into these cities were not sleep behind the wheel. Northern cities have always been racist and used to have extremely segregated neighborhoods. I'm sure there are still some segregated neighborhoods in these cities, if it hasn't been gentrified already.

Look at a interview that the great Claud Anderson did on the Breakfast Club and he explains the sunken place mentality some of his generation had post intergration. He explains that black people had their own businesses and had their own bus system with 500 buses post intergration has brainwashed black folks to believe that white establishments were better and they stopped patronizing their own. That behavior lead to them moving out of their communities and moving to more white suburban communities.

BobbeeJonsun

I'm always confused
Reaction score
Reactions
23,212 1,760 1,530
Alleybux
These "liberal" and "progressive" cities have a large number of homeless folks, housing crises that get worse every year, and passive-aggressive racism. They try to be so slick with their racism it's insulting that they think we are dumb enough to not notice it.

Aems

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,081 3,911 1,715
Alleybux
Yes but their branding as been that they are liberal. Portland is way more liberal than the rest of Oregon which is red and full of white militias.

They are liberal. When Portland or any of these other cities call themselves "liberal", they mean WHITE liberal.

That's why I can't with the way so many black folks stay tucked up under white liberals as if they care. I wish I remember the font who said "When it comes to everyday people, when conservatives are in charge, nobody gets anything. When liberals are in charge, everybody gets something EXCEPT black people."

They don't even bother to hide their disdain for black people anymore. That's why as soon as they got control of the country, they turned around and made black folks the new face of racism in America. Y'all better hope Kamala doesn't become POTUS because she really has a bone to pick with Black Americans in particular. But that's a whole other topic and I don't want to derail.

Anyway, it is what it is. They're only doing what they've been enabled to do.

Ernada

High IQ-ER KO's Kangaroo
Reaction score
Reactions
237,446 21,162 10,193
Alleybux
There was a time where more liberal cities used to be a bastion for black people to find freedom and a sense of peace away from the Jim Crow South. Great Migration happened Black Americans moved to cities in the more industrial forward thinking states up North and some parts of the midwest. Black people were able to find jobs, build businesses and live a better life without feeling threatened and harassed. Liberal cities are busier and therefore people mind their business more than living in a slow town.

Fast forward to 21st century and it seems to me that liberal so called forward leaning cities are becoming more passive aggressive and not as friendly in terms of economics and mindset. There was a time you can be able to live middle class in the big cities and find a way to move up. Nowadays, big cities seem to be very elitist/cold and fool of themselves.Every big city nowadays is starting to look the same, no eclectic neighborhoods more hipster with same similarities of vegan shops, Soul Cycles, Whole Foods etc.

What do you think, an example of forward leaning cities that are suppose to be tolerant is Seattle, Boston, NYC, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc
Global and business investors have jumped on the real estate bandwagon, pushing up living cost in large American cities, they are all going to become unlivable pricewise.

Many of the forward thinking artsy types have been gentrified out and I think ultimately they are going to wind up spread out in 2nd and 3rd tier cities/suburbs like Tacoma. To me communities like that are what the big cities use to be.

LeoBarbie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
35,519 633 356
Alleybux
Look at a interview that the great Claud Anderson did on the Breakfast Club and he explains the sunken place mentality some of his generation had post intergration. He explains that black people had their own businesses and had their own bus system with 500 buses post intergration has brainwashed black folks to believe that white establishments were better and they stopped patronizing their own. That behavior lead to them moving out of their communities and moving to more white suburban communities.

I see. Ok...so I guess he would be considered an elder. I'm talking about his parents generation as the elders. I have elders who are in their late 90s. Claud Anderson digresses into another topic imo because that leads to the another topic about the division of upper-middle black families and lower class black families. Who made it vs. who did not. His generation I believe, had higher hopes things would be better post segregation. However, I still think they endured all kinds of racism through their achievement and they knew who the racists were. Economically, the country has changed drastically since the Great Migration. Factories in many of these Democratic industrial cities have now closed.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,613 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
I see. Ok...so I guess he would be considered an elder. I'm talking about his parents generation as the elders. I have elders who are in their late 90s. Claud Anderson digresses into another topic imo because that leads to the another topic about the division of upper-middle black families and lower class black families. Who made it vs. who did not. His generation I believe, had higher hopes things would be better post segregation. However, I still think they endured all kinds of racism through their achievement and they knew who the racists were. Economically, the country has changed drastically since the Great Migration. Factories in many of these Democratic industrial cities have now closed.

Claud Anderson is very real and cares about the welfare of Black Americans then these charlatans like Al Sharpon, Rev.Jesse Jackson etc. Claud is an economist and he believes black people can get more stability and power by being economically based then wanting to intergrate totally. He was never given much acclaim cause he never brought the kool aid. Intergration was need for business/tax and country purposes. USA had to deal with the Soviet Union it was costing to much energy and time dealing with segreation. It cost too much money. Intergration was good for the social aspect and for helping businesses make more money.=

=

DivaLasVegas82

Georgia Peach
Reaction score
Reactions
674,901 21,167 21,873
Alleybux
New York City is one of the most segregated cities in America. All races and ethnicities have their own little enclaves. It may vote Democratic, but it is hardly progressive in terms of race. Same with Chicago, which is also heavily segregated.

perseph0ne

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
221,426 11,778 9,971
Alleybux
I personally believe liberal cities are the most racist places on earth. I stand by that.

Liberals and progressives are invested in, thus uphold, negative racial tropes and stereotypes that black people are less than and can't help themselves. It is the liberal agenda to promote these values of black inferiority by acknowledging their inherent white privilege and self-imposed superiority to help the helpless, lost, inherently disadvantaged others.

fake do-gooder nonsense that is less about connecting and supporting people but more about people wanting to appear benevolent and externally open-minded. They just want to appear to be a "good person" who cares about the little people. Makes them feel better about themselves. self-applauding narcissism white elitism at it's finest.

not buying it. don't even try to sell it to me. no thanks. If liberals were so genuine in assisting others than why are these populations still in a worse situation than they were before liberals starting "helping" them? it's bµllsh!t. all for show.

white savior complex. the end

LeoBarbie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
35,519 633 356
Alleybux
Claud Anderson is very real and cares about the welfare of Black Americans then these charlatans like Al Sharpon, Rev.Jesse Jackson etc. Claud is an economist and he believes black people can get more stability and power by being economically based then wanting to intergrate totally. He was never given much acclaim cause he never brought the kool aid. Intergration was need for business/tax and country purposes. USA had to deal with the Soviet Union it was costing to much energy and time dealing with segreation. It cost too much money. Intergration was good for the social aspect and for helping businesses make more money.=

=

Another contradiction....Integration did allow businesses to make more money. However, integration wasn't needed for business/tax purposes for this country lol. If so, there would be more black homeowners. There would be more black wealth. The crack epidemic would not have been created. Why would black unemployment continually stay higher than any other minority group over the decades. That's crazy. Within integration, there is still racism....which has been costly for this country if you think about it.

Back to Claud Anderson, who said he was not real? His sunken place philosophy derails from the thread you've created. I do agree with his sentiment, however that has nothing to do to with liberal cities and the racism black people have endured since the beginning of time. His philosophy would be a whole other topic.

Are you using Claud's philosophy to explain why black people are just opening up and realizing that so called progressives are the most racists. Isn't that victim-blaming?

Aems

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,081 3,911 1,715
Alleybux
I personally believe liberal cities are the most racist places on earth. I stand by that.

Liberals and progressives are invested in, thus uphold, negative racial tropes and stereotypes that black people are less than and can't help themselves. It is the liberal agenda to promote these values of black inferiority by acknowledging their inherent white privilege and self-imposed superiority to help the helpless, lost, inherently disadvantaged others.

fake do-gooder nonsense that is less about connecting and supporting people but more about people wanting to appear benevolent and externally open-minded. They just want to appear to be a "good person" who cares about the little people. Makes them feel better about themselves. self-applauding narcissism white elitism at it's finest.

not buying it. don't even try to sell it to me. no thanks. If liberals were so genuine in assisting others than why are these populations still in a worse situation than they were before liberals starting "helping" them? it's bµllsh!t. all for show.

white savior complex. the end

Couldn't have said it better. They remind me of the 'Glenda, the Good Witch' character from the Wizard of OZ spinoff, Wicked: "Whenever I see someone less fortunate than I (and let's face it, who isn't less fortunate than I?), my tender heart tends to start to bleed..."

They get off on seeing us all as inferior, hapless little monkeys who don't know how to take care of ourselves and therefore NEED them and their pity in order to survive. I've experienced this line of thinking and type of behavior from too many of them to not know that this is the case. fµck that and fµck them.

talking2much

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
227,895 5,300 768
Alleybux
What's wrong with vegan shops?
1618738113325.png

Krafty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,053 7,013 9,249
Alleybux
Well I can't speak for the other places but being born & raised in Chicago....sis, we (black folks) been knew they are racist. They have never changed. This liberal, forward leaning city has always been hostile to us. Yes, many were able to move up and/or had our own middle class areas but that was only because the sheer number of black folks and white flight, not that they were being supportive or fair. And maybe some of the younger ones are passive aggressive, but the rest are regular-degular aggressive lol.

When they say liberal, they are really just talking about women/Lgbtq communities, maybe immigrants...but black folks stay on the bottom of that list all day, every day.
Ummm aren’t there women that are black???

It’s so scary how black people normalize women with being white. Wtf??

Last edited:

Krafty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,053 7,013 9,249
Alleybux
New York City is one of the most segregated cities in America. All races and ethnicities have their own little enclaves. It may vote Democratic, but it is hardly progressive in terms of race. Same with Chicago, which is also heavily segregated.
To be fair... nyc is a city of immigrants. It’s the first step a disproportionate of immigrants go to begin to move up the ladder for the American dream.

NYC’s segregation needs to be contextualized...

shishifufu

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,787 2,483 2,246
Alleybux
That's why I always preferred good ol' Southern racism. You know how those folks are and you know how they operate. But with liberals they are always so sneaky and slick with it, it really wears on you. I'm really adapt at navigating the world of two faced, stealthy fauxgressive yts but man did it make me a cynical ass person

Hortavie

General Manager
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
13,594 6,051 685
Alleybux
Sorry but southern cities always been a great opportunity for black peoples. Charlotte is poppin right now.

beatrixkiddo1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
111,410 2,302 906
Alleybux
I actually like living in my ~progressive city. I’m also generally unbothered so I don’t really analyze “types” of racism I encounter. And I certainly don’t prefer violent kkk style racism to passive aggressive racism. Ppl who’ve said that always seemed slow to me.

all I know is I’m finacially well off and live my best life.

I’ve only been to Virginia, Atlanta and Austin so I don’t really know the south like that but I didn’t find the experience overly different from northern cities.

FemmeKween

ooooh, caresha, why they laughing?
Reaction score
Reactions
16,731 146 55
Alleybux
I'll never forget that one thread on here a little while ago where people were debating/discussing how much better the North was in terms of racism and how the Deep South was just oh so horrible. Certain people on here swore up and down that the North/Northeast (or even West Coast) was this utopia of racial diversity and kumbaya moments, but we all know that to be B.S. The answer is no; these cities have always been racist. Some people were simply under the impression that they could convince everyone else that these places were better for race relations for Black people when they're just as bad, if not worse, because the racism is more covert and less in your face. It's the racial microaggressions for me!

I'm not saying that the South doesn't have its fair share of racism because it definitely does, but it's naïve to think that racism is only concentrated in the South and only in conservative cities/areas. As long as you're Black, you're going to run into some form of racism. You can't get away from it, and moving to a liberal/progressive city believing that's going to be the answer to all of your problems will only land you in a world of hurt. Plus, I'd imagine that these cities thrive off of gaslighting Black people. Something tells me these cities will also swear racism doesn't happen there, which means they'll probably spend most of their time trying to convince you, a Black person, that what they (or someone else) said or did isn't racist because 'they don't see color' or some crap like that. Also, the racism that occurs in the South isn't some 'Birth of a Nation' type of racism either. No, that kind of racism stayed behind in the 20th century.

Fun Fact: did you guys know there are more KKK chapters in California than there are in Florida (or even Georgia)?

MsBIGChoc

Megan's Hennessey Bottle
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
275,539 33,082 27,391
Alleybux
Glad I live down south where I can see the racism when it happens. I never been fond of living in the north or Midwest. The south has always been a utopia for black people in my opinion because we have the largest population of ADOS and black people have their business and everyone patronize who they know.

Angel Salvadore

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
124,413 1,672 294
Alleybux

Or maybe Black people just live where they want and vote for who they want.

You and that font with the Phylicia Rashad avi are always trying to shade Black people living up north or in “liberal” spaces. We know where we live. Do you???