Quantcast

Are We In A Second Civil War? | More of Second Civil rights Movement?

charlestheking

I Run This Town
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
12,061 47 125
Alleybux
I thought this question last night and ran across this video:

It really feels like if we're not in one we're headed towards one (us vs police brutality).

I'll say more when I get all my thoughts together lol

ETA: Okay I don't feel like saying a whole bunch lol, but I'd say more of second Civil Rights Movement than a second civil war. I really don't think we would really go into a second civil war unless tensions were just terribly high on a very consistent basis, over the course of years. The protests and in some cases riots this past week have been very extreme in some cases, but the people would never be able to stand against a police force in riot gear, especially for a full war. I don't think (at least hope) anyone would really put their lives on the line like that. It would take a while to get there. But this second Civil Rights Movement, I feel, is a very good thing. People are really waking up to something we've been dealing with for centuries. I know some of the whites out there are faking it, but a lot of them are really more sympathetic this time. I do feel that it's because of more interracial marriages and relationships and more people see that it could be their kid or their cousin or nephew/niece too. I'm interested to see all that unfolds during and what comes out of this new era and revolution in America, which as always, is led by the people.

Last edited:

LatxLeather

Jan- Dec.
Reaction score
Reactions
109,058 6,824 8,075
Alleybux
No, but I am making plans to buy my gun.
Civil wars are very common in other countries.
We are the more civilzed country, dont you know.
No, we wont go to civil war.
I see the dust falling as more separatism, classism. For peace. You stay in your box. I stay in mine. We come out and be civil. Retreat back to our own worlds.

I see the opposite from happening from all the Kumbaya that is in the protesting.

Are police depths going to be brought up to the standards in other professions?That would be change.

charlestheking

I Run This Town
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
12,061 47 125
Alleybux
I’d say it’s a 2nd Civil Rights Movement more so than an 2nd Civil War.

I thought about this too. I think everyone being so fragile already is throwing us over the edge, but I def believe we are in another Civil Rights Movement. Would it be called that? I know we wouldn't name it until after the era is over, but I'm just wondering how it would play out.

realtalk92

love yourself
Reaction score
Reactions
96,979 3,905 8,045
Alleybux
I’d say it’s a 2nd Civil Rights Movement more so than an 2nd Civil War.

I think its too early to call it a second civil rights movement.

What made the civil rights movement IMO was not only the protesting and demonstrations but the implementation of new laws and policies for Black people.

We have been protesting for over the last 10 years against police brutality and nothing has change. Nothing came out from the demonstrations.

If new policing laws and policies are changed (as a result of these week long demonstrations) then I would call it a movement but I think it is too early to call it that.

If things still stay the same how can it truly be called a "movement" in our culture? but that is just my personal thoughts.

Now do I think there is potential? Yes I do

charlestheking

I Run This Town
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
12,061 47 125
Alleybux
I think its too early to call it a second civil rights movement.

What made the civil rights movement IMO was not only the protesting and demonstrations but the implementation of new laws and policies for Black people.

We have been protesting for over the last 10 years against police brutality and nothing has change. Nothing came out from the demonstrations.

If new policing laws and policies are changed (as a result of these week long demonstrations) then I would call it a movement but I think it is too early to call it that.

If things still stay the same how can it truly be called a "movement" in our culture? but that is just my personal thoughts.

Now do I think there is potential? Yes I do

Excellent point. The reason the Civil Rights Movement was a movement was because things changed. We've been protesting for the last decade and nothing had changed. No new regulations or laws, at least major, that have changed anything. So do you think we could enter one? Or there's just a bunch of chaos for nothing to change? I believe one day things will change, I just want it to be now. We shouldn't even be in a position to need things to change tbh. This all should've been fixed centuries ago. We're just seeing the results of a very broken system IMO

maryjanexoxo

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,819 16
Alleybux
It’s too early to tell if it’s a civil rights movement but we’re definitely not gonna be in a civil war

ceecee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,577 1,100 613
Alleybux
No and No.

We're in the midst of a genocide, not a war. White race soldiers in the police departments have picked up the pace of murdering African American citizens. In the past decade they've reverted back to the Jim Crow era pace of killing us. The government is sitting by watching, as usual.

Definitely not a civil rights movement. The current black congressional leadership would make any new civil rights legislation about illegals and "others" while using black people as the face of the movement.

realtalk92

love yourself
Reaction score
Reactions
96,979 3,905 8,045
Alleybux
Excellent point. The reason the Civil Rights Movement was a movement was because things changed. We've been protesting for the last decade and nothing had changed. No new regulations or laws, at least major, that have changed anything. So do you think we could enter one? Or there's just a bunch of chaos for nothing to change? I believe one day things will change, I just want it to be now. We shouldn't even be in a position to need things to change tbh. This all should've been fixed centuries ago. We're just seeing the results of a very broken system IMO

Its hard to say because back then we had MLK that could really articulate and lobby to the politicians and they actually valued what he had to say. JFK implemented those laws because he believed in MLK's vision.

There was an opportunity when Obama was in office to push for these laws and policies but it wasn't a priority for him.

Its hard to say because most of Whites out there protesting IMO are just doing performative protesting and don't genuinely care about the issue.

There is a lot of political grasswork that needs to be done on our part as Black people that we don't do like they did back then. Also, it would be helpful if we had one spokesperson or leader speaking on our behalf instead of many different people saying different things. We need to organize and meet more and discuss what things we want to see change and we need to also be able to articulate it in a way that is convincing to White politicians so they can make the change.

We are more educated and advanced then our previous generations that went through the same thing. There is no reason why we can't also tackle this issue but I also feel we are not as strong, determined and courageous as previous generations. JFK, Malcolm X, MLK were pivotal in our progression and they all were killed. There needs to be more Blacks and a few whites (the ones that have control over laws and policies) that are willing to go above and beyond to make that change regardless of the consequences.

charlestheking

I Run This Town
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
12,061 47 125
Alleybux
No and No.

We're in the midst of a genocide, not a war. White race soldiers in the police departments have picked up the pace of murdering African American citizens. In the past decade they've reverted back to the Jim Crow era pace of killing us. The government is sitting by watching, as usual.

Definitely not a civil rights movement. The current black congressional leadership would make any new civil rights legislation about illegals and "others" while using black people as the face of the movement.

That first paragraph is just too sad. I wanna speak more on it, but I just can't. It's honestly scary how the police are getting bolder and bolder as there are more cameras on phones and voice recorders and more ways to easily record their wrongdoings. It shows that they really don't care. Smh

Reaction score
Reactions
2,948 1,193 2,374
Alleybux
If the military follows through with the orders from Trump to start shooting people, then it’s a real possibility. Any terrible thing that you can imagine is possible in the Trump era