Quantcast

Are we not going to talk about seeing green? Megan and record labels were dragged

FakeBirkin

有料できれい
Reaction score
Reactions
1,162 50 52
Alleybux
She has steadily been falling off for years. This is why she’s a flop.

Please stop using this term loosely. A flop is not just anybody who can’t crack a certain number of sales. If that’s the case then a lot of popular artists out right now are “flops”.

Baguette

Resident Nice Person
Reaction score
Reactions
276,541 13,983 21,368
Alleybux
Caping for a rapist wife with hateful tendencies instead?

Oop.

giphy.gif

FakeBirkin

有料できれい
Reaction score
Reactions
1,162 50 52
Alleybux
Caping for a rapist wife with hateful tendencies instead?
Who Nicki rape?
Also you’re literally on this website every single day spewing the same vitriol towards her. Almost nonstop. I think that makes you the hateful one.
Besides, there’s only one person who y’all cape for that was actually on Epstein’s flight log but that’s neither here nor there.

Baguette

Resident Nice Person
Reaction score
Reactions
276,541 13,983 21,368
Alleybux
Please stop using this term loosely. A flop is not just anybody who can’t crack a certain number of sales. If that’s the case then a lot of popular artists out right now are “flops”.

A flop is someone who doesn’t see return on investment. Nicholas is not performing how an artist with her billing is expected to perform. She’s a flop.

apples

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
228,653 6,475 5,265
Alleybux

That’s why I said it’s relative. You are moving the goalpost. A flop is a flop is a FLOP.

Where is the disconnect here?

NiNi2015

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
8,072 172 80
Alleybux

“Earlier this summer, Minaj collected her second No. 1 hit alongside fellow hip-hop talent 6ix9ine with “Trollz,” which started off its time on the Hot 100 in the peak spot thanks to a sizable stream count and a massive sales figure. In fact, “Trollz” didn’t just break the record for the farthest fall from the peak spot, it doubled it, as The Weeknd’s “Heartless,” which owned that piece of history before Minaj and 6ix9ine came along.

Minaj returned to the chart once again alongside A$AP Ferg and MadeinTYO on “Move Ya Hips,” which was another big hit for all involved. The tune opened at No. 19, but it didn’t fare very well in its second spin on the list.

In week two, “Move Ya Hips” cratered, falling from No. 19 to No. 99, just barely remaining on the ranking at all.” - Forbes

giphy.gif

Baguette

Resident Nice Person
Reaction score
Reactions
276,541 13,983 21,368
Alleybux
“Earlier this summer, Minaj collected her second No. 1 hit alongside fellow hip-hop talent 6ix9ine with “Trollz,” which started off its time on the Hot 100 in the peak spot thanks to a sizable stream count and a massive sales figure. In fact, “Trollz” didn’t just break the record for the farthest fall from the peak spot, it doubled it, as The Weeknd’s “Heartless,” which owned that piece of history before Minaj and 6ix9ine came along.

Minaj returned to the chart once again alongside A$AP Ferg and MadeinTYO on “Move Ya Hips,” which was another big hit for all involved. The tune opened at No. 19, but it didn’t fare very well in its second spin on the list.

In week two, “Move Ya Hips” cratered, falling from No. 19 to No. 99, just barely remaining on the ranking at all.” - Forbes

giphy.gif

When I tell you the chart manipulation is STRONG. None of the other girls have to do this. Nicholas is a sad individual both in her music and personal life.

honesty95

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,585 3,977 7,454
Alleybux
It’s all relative.
J. Cole, who is #1, sold almost 300k. He had taken a three year break. His two prior albums all sold in the 300k’s the first week. It shows that he’s consistent. Here we are in 2021 during a time where people are not buying albums and this man has been able to still pull in numbers.

Now let’s compare to Nicki.

Nicki Minaj’s so called highly anticipated return is set to be #2 with 70k. Nicki’s last album Queen debuted with 180k. The album before that, Pinkprint, sold 244k the first week. Pink Friday debuted with 375k.

She has steadily been falling off for years. This is why she’s a flop.
You can’t be the queen of rap pulling in Moneybag numbers.
Lmao money bagg doing more than that tbh..she has a terrible spirit and think someone should bow down to her..shes pressed and a 40 year old mom now

Her coming for Megan wont stop her from winning and Nicki clearly dont have too much pull behind the scenes so shes starting rumors to ruin her rep herself smh shes sad

honesty95

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,585 3,977 7,454
Alleybux
That line was low idc what anybody says. How do we know that she wasn’t drinking because of the passing of her mom and grandma? N is foul for that IF it was directed toward M. Now if Ms. Tina Snow said something about N low self esteem (marrying a $ex offender) people would be up in arms!
And how you talking about Megan fµck!ng pardi and she allowed pedo Dick in her..also she admitted to pill popping and surely was lying about no coke..her hubby has court ..she needs to focus..shes lame

honesty95

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,585 3,977 7,454
Alleybux
Y’all cry about her allegedly “throwing shots” at the newer acts but I’ve seen nothing but love from those very same targets on the night of the release.

Also, learn the difference between talking your sh*t rightfully and dissing.
The one talking sh!t is laid up with a bum pedo after spending years rapping about only the top notchest ****** lmaoo all that cape in the world...tea is pardi seems like a way better choice..sh!t

texastoast

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,725 1,050 299
Alleybux
And how you talking about Megan fµck!ng pardi and she allowed pedo Dick in her..also she admitted to pill popping and surely was lying about no coke..her hubby has court ..she needs to focus..shes lame
Lame and a hater IMO. Too old and established for this nonsense. Every year it’s something new with her.

lavender100

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,799 764 1,296
Alleybux
Nicki dont even matter...all that hype to sell 73k yikes
She doesn’t matter but is pulling average album numbers with a 12 year old project. Y’all be so mad LOL. Highest debut for a female mixtape? Yes, she sure is having a bad year.

honesty95

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,585 3,977 7,454
Alleybux
She doesn’t matter but is pulling average album numbers with a 12 year old project. Y’all be so mad LOL. Highest debut for a female mixtape? Yes, she sure is having a bad year.
Barbs said she would outsell my faves Chile what happened?now its "12 year old mixtape did that" barbs talk too much to not have this at least 100k..no award for "highest debut for a re released mixtape" lol i promise yall just making up sh!t now

Lipy105

Sagittarius
Reaction score
Reactions
588 20 9
Alleybux
And I ain’t talkin Jigga 1-2-or-3
Speakin on Lil Kim OG Queen Bee!

Always yappin bout sons but let’s talk about these daughters,
Why the fµck you and ya goons keep ya man’s victim bothered?

Linkin up with 69, claimin they can’t tell me bout mine,
Anotha pig, you always round here rollin round wit swine!

Claimin queen sh!t but you movin like a jester,
Always a molester, that’s rite I’m talkin Chester!

Tryna claim most awarded, ‘my sons can’t do it like me’,
But I see you still lackin thee one and only GRAMMY

Three on my ear lemme see if you can hear me,
True queen on the beat, so here’s my decree!”
You’re amazing! Even had to take a screenshot, Lol.

Baguette

Resident Nice Person
Reaction score
Reactions
276,541 13,983 21,368
Alleybux
Barbs said she would outsell my faves Chile what happened?now its "12 year old mixtape did that" barbs talk too much to not have this at least 100k..no award for "highest debut for a re released mixtape" lol i promise yall just making up sh!t now

The project wasn’t even on streaming services before now and not even the new tracks are doing well so their excuse for why it’s doing terribly is just desperate but what’s to be expected for folks stanning a dizzy bird that supports pedophiles but DESPERATION?

giphy.gif

BeccaScorp

PURRING KITTY
Reaction score
Reactions
2,604 119 55
Alleybux
I heard it and I’m glad she did it. Y’all love to do this fake positivity sh!t but the rap girls including Megan (yea, i didn’t stutter), aren’t giving what Nicki gives and none of them are friends. Nicki is “bitter” because she doesn’t play along with it.

If the new rap girls were really delivering quality content like y’all swear they are, there wouldn’t be all this talk about Nicki’s return and real rap being back in the first place. Megan can rap but she has clearly resorted to making easy, no substance, one-note, Tik-Tok songs not showcasing her skill at all just like Cardi and City Girls so I don’t know why y’all try to not include her in that conversation. Nicki gave the girls time whether willingly or not with being on maternity leave to steal her spot and showcase their talent and none of them have. She had a debut album and only talked about her body and xes for all of the songs. She mentioned her mom and the shooting incident ONCE. She doesn’t have to be a big storyteller or exactly like Nicki, but stop getting mad when ppl say Megan isn’t versatile when that’s what she gives y’all to work with. Nicki is “arrogant” because y’all know it’s true and you don’t want to confront the fact that your faves don’t meet the par.
i totally agree. Yall ride for megan so hard but she nots giving what she's suppose to give. Which song, grammy winning, or etc is going to be a generational classic. Her music has no substance and she can rap but im tired of hearing about her pussy. I have listened to her mixtape and album and nothing comes close to the girls before her. (and let me just say there are great female rap artists of this generation but they are not as big media wise) Say what yall want but when cardi b came into the game standards were lowered. City girls is hanging on by a thread honestly Cardi on hiatus and Meg's Good News did nothing. Good News was literally the height of her career. She had drama surrounding her and the Tory incident and that sh!t still made no noise. Every grammy win and nomination she has a artist featured. (WAP, SAVAGE, HOT GIRL SUMMER) And all this girls supporting girls sh!t is wack for real. Yall drag Nicki through the mud but she gave her props to lauryn hill and lil kim when she first entered the game. Nicki hate train has really left y'all in a frenzy let go of the hate for her.

Underworld

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,305 636 662
Alleybux
The haters in this thread, the new girls either can’t write or twerk for a living.

Beam Me Up Scotty > Every Female Rapper Debut since 2015

TheShowoff

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
866 55 210
Alleybux
Whew all three of them did what they had to do. This song is just a vibe to me! Like..."look at the fµck!ng impact we made!" I love it and Nicki put b!tches on notice!

Nersy Hearne

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
752 92 46
Alleybux
You criticized Nicki for over sexualizing the female rap game but can’t see Meg is doing the same thing? I agree with the font who said Meg is too one dimensional and her songs are sounding the same. There was an article about how Tik Tok made Savage a hit. Meg’s team wanted to push captain Hook, but it was the fans who wanted the less graphic Savage instead of Hook and Tik Tok then started to make a hit of the song.

My two favourite songs from GN were What’s New and Shots Fired. I get Meg has gone through a lot of pain in her life and may just want to do fun music for now. But dropping Breonna’s name on a diss track aimed at Tory, and then not even touch on BLM for the rest of the album felt exploitive of the Taylor’s pain.

Meg’s team did a video for Movie instead of What’s New or Circles. She’s out there twerking surrounded by strippers and dollar bills :yawn :yawn:yawn The video has a weak 4 million views in one month on YT because who really needs to see the same sh!t again and again when she was on Pop It just a couple of weeks before. Its getting boring for some fans.
Honestly I was confused about the Movie video, it has actual strippers so it won’t get the recommends on you tube. Don’t know whose ideal Movie video was. I know a lot of her fans asked for it. The choices given in a text to her fans were DIOTT or Circles. Movie was never going to be a cross over or Billboard song. Maybe because Durk was on the song and it was a label decision? Chances are when PV returns it will be featured?
Now let’s talk Tik Tok. I’m not sure why it’s been vilified or something to be ashamed of? It’s another way to expose your music to the masses. Especially at the height of the pandemic. The teens like your music or you as an artist they dance to it. Exactly why is that bad again?

Lipy105

Sagittarius
Reaction score
Reactions
588 20 9
Alleybux
Now let’s talk Tik Tok. I’m not sure why it’s been vilified or something to be ashamed of? It’s another way to expose your music to the masses. Especially at the height of the pandemic. The teens like your music or you as an artist they dance to it. Exactly why is that bad again?
It’s seen as a problem by many people because the music is ‘dumbed’ down so that it can trend on Tik Tok. I do agree that doing this can decrease the quality of music in general overtime, as the focus lies primarily on chasing a trend, rather than longevity.

honesty95

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,585 3,977 7,454
Alleybux
i totally agree. Yall ride for megan so hard but she nots giving what she's suppose to give. Which song, grammy winning, or etc is going to be a generational classic. Her music has no substance and she can rap but im tired of hearing about her pussy. I have listened to her mixtape and album and nothing comes close to the girls before her. (and let me just say there are great female rap artists of this generation but they are not as big media wise) Say what yall want but when cardi b came into the game standards were lowered. City girls is hanging on by a thread honestly Cardi on hiatus and Meg's Good News did nothing. Good News was literally the height of her career. She had drama surrounding her and the Tory incident and that sh!t still made no noise. Every grammy win and nomination she has a artist featured. (WAP, SAVAGE, HOT GIRL SUMMER) And all this girls supporting girls sh!t is wack for real. Yall drag Nicki through the mud but she gave her props to lauryn hill and lil kim when she first entered the game. Nicki hate train has really left y'all in a frenzy let go of the hate for her.
nicki will never be respected like the other legends for many reasons lmao and nickis bars fell off a long time ago ...dissing the new girls wont make her washed ass relevant again..nicki raps about her pussy too pls also raps about being an angry black woman and she brought a lot of it on herself lmao people are sick of hearing that hence the streams decreasing as days go for her little disses

GN is still making moves and top of the charts meanwhile beam me up loser wont be..cant say megan didnt make any noise when yall make threads on her every move and feel triggered...shes that girl nicki still wishes she was but her time for her reign is up. Shes 40 and really insecure and threatened by her

megan and cardi are moving smarter brand wise than nicki ever did tbh...nicki did nothing outside music worthwhile so she has nothing else to turn to and is making up competition with new girls when there isnt any lol she dont run a damn thing

BaeCole

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
273,152 6,668 6,001
Alleybux
It’s seen as a problem by many people because the music is ‘dumbed’ down so that it can trend on Tik Tok. I do agree that doing this can decrease the quality of music in general overtime, as the focus lies primarily on chasing a trend, rather than longevity.

Y'all are just making this up. How do you know this? Because sh!t that was popular YEARS ago has regain popularity on Tik Tok, so all this "making music for Tik Tok" is just some BS people are peddling because their faves haven't been able to use it to their benefit. sh!t, not too long ago the Barbz were bragging about how old Nicki songs were becoming viral on the platform. Now it's a problem?

Lipy105

Sagittarius
Reaction score
Reactions
588 20 9
Alleybux
Y'all are just making this up. How do you know this? Because sh!t that was popular YEARS ago has regain popularity on Tik Tok, so all this "making music for Tik Tok" is just some BS people are peddling because their faves haven't been able to use it to their benefit. sh!t, not too long ago the Barbz were bragging about how old Nicki songs were becoming viral on the platform. Now it's a problem?
I don’t actually care about people using tik tok to promote their music, I simply gave an explanation for why people would not want it to be the main way to promote music.

Flawsy

#onahumanlevel
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
178,276 7,860 5,426
Alleybux
Yes to the bolded. It's just machines promoting machines.

gossiplover4044

I miss you mom
Reaction score
Reactions
171,867 10,518 6,807
Alleybux
I don’t actually care about people using tik tok to promote their music, I simply gave an explanation for why people would not want it to be the main way to promote music.
The real reason people don't want it to be used: They are old and behind the times. They don't know how to use the app and they feel left out.

It makes sense that rap's Grandma is pissed about it.

Human Spell

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
4,217 223 22
Alleybux
Honestly I was confused about the Movie video, it has actual strippers so it won’t get the recommends on you tube. Don’t know whose ideal Movie video was. I know a lot of her fans asked for it. The choices given in a text to her fans were DIOTT or Circles. Movie was never going to be a cross over or Billboard song. Maybe because Durk was on the song and it was a label decision? Chances are when PV returns it will be featured?
I wasn’t criticizing Tik Tok, performers gotta do what they gotta do to get attention and sales. I was agreeing with the font that said Meg’s stuff was too one note and mainly about xes and money. And I was criticizing Meg’s constant pushing this hypersexual image. It’s getting boring. When she first started popping she talked about being a student but now it’s constant twerking and showing her ass. I just pointed out that the fans on tik tok rejected Meg’s choice of the more xesual Captain Hook in favor of Savage. Meg didn’t even do a video of Savage but I am sure if she did she would ruin it by being half naked and gyrating because it’s the only thing she knows how to do now.

“Pete’s record label, 300 Entertainment, was working with TikTok to promote her album Suga early last year, right before the Covid pandemic hit. The label initially picked a focus of its campaign—the song Captain Hook. But TikTok urged the label to put five tracks on the platform to monitor various metrics before committing to a song. Almost immediately, TikTok users took to another track, Savage. The rate at which users were saving snippets of the song to their private “sounds” folders for future use was “growing exponentially,” says Isabel Quinteros Annous, TikTok’s head of music partnerships. Then, she says, TikTok deliberately let the song “simmer” on the app for a number of days before placing it in the all-important playlists and banner ads at the top of its search page and sound library, where users select music for videos. “We held promo levers to just let the sound mature to the right point where then, when we pulled everything we had against it, it just propelled it to No. 1,” she says.”