Are we still pretending.....

VIBRATO.
Reactions
11,193 243 26
Alleybux
Leave auntie alone, lol.

I was just watching Lady Sings The Blues the other day....

I need a movie made about her and her old triflin', but fabulous ways, lol.

LMAO! I am 10000% here for that. She was so damn extra but in the best of ways.

I always get the feeling they'd just hire Tracee to play her though.

Reactions
705 60 95
Alleybux
I‘m not ruling it out but the lyrics... idk it just doesn‘t make sense in a way?
Especially the whole second verse (she likes the boys in the band...) and later the line „I‘ll be your everything if you make me a star“. Diana already was a star if not an icon.
There are other songs that most definitly are about her (leave me alone, who is it, remember the time) but I always felt this song really is about an obsessed fan/ groupie and he just named the chick Diana to mock Ms. Ross.

I love to tour.
Reactions
17,978 300 198
Alleybux
I‘m not ruling it out but the lyrics... idk it just doesn‘t make sense in a way?
Especially the whole second verse (she likes the boys in the band...) and later the line „I‘ll be your everything if you make me a star“. Diana already was a star if not an icon.
There are other songs that most definitly are about her (leave me alone, who is it, remember the time) but I always felt this song really is about an obsessed fan/ groupie and he just named the chick Diana to mock Ms. Ross.
I think that verse was added so it wasn't so painfully obvious...

A Drunken Mistake
Reactions
37,489 427 258
Alleybux
If you wanted to be as petty as fuck you could take the line as meaning Diana wanting to sleep with guys that will keep getting her hit singles.

200.gif

No Corona formed against me shall prosper
Reactions
41,941 459 620
Alleybux
If you wanted to be as petty as fuck you could take the line as meaning Diana wanting to sleep with guys that will keep getting her hit singles.

200.gif

Speaking of Ross, she once got a beatdown in front of “just everybody,” including Betty LaVette and Martha Reeves, at the 20 Grand. She had been having an affair with Brian Holland, of the legendary Holland-Dozier-Holland team that wrote nearly all of the Supremes’ hits, and his wife, Sharon, wasn’t having it.

btw I know the official lyrics say "make me a star" but it always sounded to me like he actually sings "make me your star"

Berry Gordy

Reactions
3,046 46 17
Alleybux
Especially the whole second verse (she likes the boys in the band...) and later the line „I‘ll be your everything if you make me a star“.

Boys in the band, make me a star: Gene Simmons, who helped get her a record deal with RCA
Also make me a star: Berry Gordy & maybe others

I stan Diane but I don't pretend there weren't shady doings. I love her tho.

No Corona formed against me shall prosper
Reactions
41,941 459 620
Alleybux
Boys in the band, make me a star: Gene Simmons, who helped get her a record deal with RCA

I stan Diane but I don't pretend there weren't shady doings. I love her tho.

I respect stans like yourself

All I know is Michael low key put her on blast with this song. He held nothing back and was evidently mad af.

Reactions
705 60 95
Alleybux

Majority of the song fits I admit so yeah it probably is about her.
But that line still doesn‘t make sense as she‘s talking to Michael and says to him she‘ll be his everything if HE makes her a star. I really wonder now what Michael could‘ve meant by „star“.

Reactions
3,046 46 17
Alleybux
Majority of the song fits I admit so yeah it probably is about her.
But that line still doesn‘t make sense as she‘s talking to Michael and says to him she‘ll be his everything if HE makes her a star. I really wonder now what Michael could‘ve meant by „star“.

I assume she's saying it to the man/men she's messing around with, not necessarily to Michael. Lyrics are like poetry, they're not always meant to be taken literally and they can be read in many ways.

Michael Jackson’s Housewife
Reactions
20,042 576 453
Alleybux
I think that verse was added so it wasn't so painfully obvious...
Or he was talking about her waiting around backstage at Kiss for the man that sticks his tongue out. That man she used to help her leave Motown and get with RCA. I read this not that long ago. Someone say he's a good businessman.

FOCUSSING ON BRIGHT THINGS
Reactions
18,401 259 150
Alleybux
Even if the lyrics do not make sense in a context to Diana Ross:

The fact alone that Michael was able to scream out "Dirty Diana" multiple times during the song, maybe was a relief of his anger at DR.

:unsure::sneaky:

Michael Jackson’s Housewife
Reactions
20,042 576 453
Alleybux
I respect stans like yourself

All I know is Michael low key put her on blast with this song. He held nothing back and was evidently mad af.

I will never forget this look AMA 1986, like threatening her to go up there and expose everything. Lol.

maxresdefault.jpg

She was scared as shit too! Saying silent prayers to Jesus.

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions
3,870 66 41
Alleybux
Let me throw this into the mix. Diana real name is Diane Ross. MJ can be heard saying diane diane diane in Dirty Diana.

Reactions
36,168 508 153
Alleybux
Speaking of Ross, she once got a beatdown in front of “just everybody,” including Betty LaVette and Martha Reeves, at the 20 Grand. She had been having an affair with Brian Holland, of the legendary Holland-Dozier-Holland team that wrote nearly all of the Supremes’ hits, and his wife, Sharon, wasn’t having it.

giphy.gif

did you get this from a book?, if so, what's it called?

Reactions
29,291 273 227
Alleybux
I thought everyone knew this was about her. I will say, watching him perform it live was an amazing sight. He was practically having breakup sex with her on stage, and him screaming "Diana momma! Diane! Diane! Shamone!!!" Is the closest we will ever get to that damn sex tape.

The Culture

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

This is why Black Men want wives...
God took my slab of ribs drenched with Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ sauce and made you not the other way around.
Do I unblock him to let him know that he should get tested
Is it something that will clear up on it's own? If it's not anything he's going to need to see a doctor about I'd leave it and him alone.
SWV vs. XSCAPE VERZUZ BATTLE | May 8th, 2021
Gotta go with SWV. Here for the showdown. This hairstyle was the $hit back in those days. The way I was wearing this style as a high schooler...
Anyone else have a weird turn off that made you say no to dating someone you otherwise be with
Too much talking! Men who talk too much especially about nothing. Men who interrupt you to talk. Ramblings about junk. Turned down a few guys...
Twitter Outrage Backfires Again: Them Is Amazon’s Biggest Series Launch This Year
I haven't heard much about Thunder Force and Blacks are obviously not watching it like, “Them” Amazon dropped the entire first season of the...
Moneybag Yo says his girl is looking rough, calls for Tae to help
The way HIS looks are set up... he's got a lot of nerve It's always the ugly ones. But it's pretty sad yet expected that some on this thread...
UPDATE Brittany Byrd addresses JT with some love and light type shade; JT responds again
I dont follow these people to know the details of the dysfunction, so all i got is her and uzi have a similar aesthetic... At this point, JT...
Why are bw told to get hobbies to be interesting and therapy to be solid for dating, but bm dont...
Stop confusing LSA with real life. I’ve only heard people say this on here. Women are encouraged to be in relationships in the real world.
Top Bottom