Quantcast

Are you experiencing difficult times? Jobless? Homeless? Penniless?

MsGlitter

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,020 1,325 567
Alleybux
I’ll check those out. However cybersecurity is very competitive and I think that’s why I’m having issues.

MsGlitter

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,020 1,325 567
Alleybux
What do you guys think of self-employment? Has anyone in this thread tried it and eventually became successful?

herehere

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,968 372 319
Alleybux
Criminology and cybersecurity.
What type of jobs are you applying to? I know people in these fields and they tend to work for state and local governments. I'd try to reach out to local police departments, schools, colleges, hospitals etc. These tend to be less competitive.

Also look for apprenticeship programs. The pay is usually below market but if the issue is a lack of experience it's a good way to get your foot in t he door with big companies then work your way up or out.

OzzyOzz

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
588 195 121
Alleybux
Meh I'm homeless. I graduated with a BA in Philosophy and technically I'm a current MBA student, I've put in 10 years of work, topped out at like 70k/yr and realized it wasn't enough and it'd be a waste of my time to continue working..

So, I just stopped going to work.

At first I wondered what would happen, like I wouldn't die, right?..turns out, nothing happens lol. Life moves forward regardless and you just find a way with it..

It's interesting seeing people react to me and my homelessness with pity, the same people I see stuck at the same place for 40+ hrs every week making like half of what I used to, feeling sorry for me. I don't understand them and I guess they don't understand me. I don't know if they blissfully unaware, unhappy but dealing with it, or too afraid to make a move. I just stopped being any of those things..

But anyway I feel sorry for the world more than I do myself. Idk 70k won't do it. I need about 2mil per year and I'm not going to use 70k to forget the fact that I am not 100x less deserving than anyone of a decent life. Not on my expense at least. And if they are indeed more worthy, they will live that life without my contribution towards it. That remains in my control and at least I can respect myself even with $0 in the meantime. For me, 70k is a lie.

Anyway, so I took the plunge into homelessness and hey, it what it is. Whatever society y'all are propping up, well yeah, I'm not a part of it. Hopefully it all burns to the ground, war if necessary..I'm homeless, I don't have anything to lose, war seems like it might do us some good..I'm basically already out here as a foot soldier recruiting..

I guess I'm on the side of economic reform or economic destruction. I'm working to either change or destroy things, I am not interested in maintaining what is broken and I find it too self disrespecting to participate in injustices even if the personal incentives are more appetizing..

like right now, I want to organize nationwide economic protests for spring 2024..so, I guess thats what my job is. My salary is $0 though lol and there isn't even a discounted stock price purchasing plan in all this or a retirement plan...so yeah don't go down this path unless you're at peace with the very real possibility that you might get shot dead..

But if you can accept that as worth the risk then it becomes liberating.

Last edited:

ReineRose

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,211 714 172
Alleybux
Meh I'm homeless. I graduated with a BA in Philosophy and technically I'm a current MBA student, I've put in 10 years of work, topped out at like 70k/yr and realized it wasn't enough and it'd be a waste of my time to continue working..

So, I just stopped going into work.

At first I wondered what would happen, like I wouldn't die, right?..turns out, nothing happens lol. Life moves forward regardless and you just find a way with it..

It's interesting seeing people react to me and my homelessness with pity, the same people I see stuck at the same place for 40+ hrs every week making like half of what I used to, feeling sorry for me.

But anyway I feel sorry for the world more than I do myself. Idk 70k won't do it. I need about 2mil per year and I'm not going to use 70k to forget the fact that I am not 100x less valuable than any human being and less deserving than them of all that life has to offer. Not on my expense at least. If they are more worthy, they will live that life without my contribution towards it. And at least I can respect myself even with $0 in the meantime. 70k is a lie.

Anyway, so I took the plunge into homelessness and hey, it what it is. Whatever society y'all are propping up, well yeah, I'm not a part of it. Hopefully it all burns to the ground, war if necessary..I'm homeless, I don't have anything to lose, war seems like it might do us some good..I'm already out here as a foot soldier recruiting so you, it's not just talk. I'm doing it.

I guess I'm on the side of economic reform or economic destruction. I'm working to either change or destroy things, I am not interested in maintaining what is broken and I find it too self disrespecting to participate in injustices even if the personal incentives are more appetizing..

like right now, I want to organize nationwide economic protests for spring 2024..so, I guess thats what my job is. My salary is $0 though lol and there isn't even a discounted stock price purchasing plan in all this or a retirement plan...so yeah don't go down this path unless you're at peace with the very real possibility that you might get shot dead..

But if you accept that as worth the risk it becomes liberating. I know for a fact that self respect will take you a lot further in this world than 70k will lol..

Are you in a shelter? How do you get food?

OzzyOzz

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
588 195 121
Alleybux
Are you in a shelter? How do you get food?
Food stamps. They aren't stupid, food is a life or death proposition and they know it..it keeps people complacent..also food banks, missions, random events..

In and out of shelters, sleep outside or inside where you're not supposed to..it all depends on the situation but eventually you start knowing the ins and outs of being homeless...

Idk...

i gave it an honest shot..got their degrees n certs, got their jobs, got their salary..

wasn't worth it..idk..id rather work for free to get rid of all this than to get paid to work for it..

..and so, I do..

ReineRose

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,211 714 172
Alleybux
Food stamps. They aren't stupid, food is a life or death proposition and they know it..it keeps people complacent..also food banks, missions, random events..

In and out of shelters, sleep outside or inside where you're not supposed to..it all depends on the situation but eventually you start knowing the ins and outs of being homeless...

Idk...

i gave it an honest shot..got their degrees n certs, got their jobs, got their salary..

wasn't worth it..idk..id rather work for free to get rid of all this than to get paid to work for it..

..and so, I do..
I understand hopefully the state you’re in can help you get housing. I really wish you well and safety.

Rei Hino

Mars Finest
Reaction score
Reactions
16,503 3,679 95
Alleybux

Last edited:

ByeSecktual

Pimp Mami
Reaction score
Reactions
12,158 735 953
Alleybux
Hi, is there anyone able to loan $100 thru cash app or PayPal until the 16th? You'll be paid via your preferred method no later than 10pm on the night of the 16th (or earlier). I can provide information about myself and whatever else you need to feel secure in helping me out. Please respond via dm.

Diamond Sky

Sempiternal SHINee Stan
Reaction score
Reactions
8,773 278 28
Alleybux
Hello.

I have been going through a rough time due to mental issues and physical issues that have created financial issues that caused me to lose everything. I have been very candid about my struggles in multiple threads here on LSA.

Thankfully, I am still employed, however I am unable to work (remote) until I secure stable housing. I am not allowed to work in a shelter (shelters are full anyway) or hotel environment.

I am the type of person that goes out of her way to help others but feels like I don't deserve to ask for help when I need it. I was recently hospitalized and ended up loitering the hospital for a couple of days because I had nowhere else to go.

I have been hotel hopping with my brother's friend (a female) and sleeping in a car when we are unable to find a hotel. It's hard to line up the ducks when you don't even know when your next meal will be or if you'll have a place to sleep.

I am hesitant to ask this but figured why the hell not. Any little bit will help and once I am settled and stable again, I am more than willing to pay back whatever is given. I have cash app and if you are willing to send something, please DM me for that information or anything else you would like to know.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. ♡ And please spare me any harsh words or criticisms if you can. I already feel low and don't want to exist any more as it is. So please, if you can, spare my fragile mind. Thanks again.

GenByeBish

an actual BW and pro-BW font. on a hiatus.
Reaction score
Reactions
33,825 1,855 90
Alleybux
So I mentioned that I finally secured a full-time (temp and remote) job a week and a half ago, after over a year of unemployment b/c layoff. The thing is that I don't get my first paycheck until next month, and I need funds for my phone and my wifi bills until then, as my phone is shut off and my wifi's about to disconnect in a couple days.

I posted an affiliate link on here a few times but haven't received any purchases nor commissions at all, so I set up a burner CashApp, with none of my personal info, for direct giving. Anyone who's able to help, please DM me ASAP. Thanks!

GenByeBish

an actual BW and pro-BW font. on a hiatus.
Reaction score
Reactions
33,825 1,855 90
Alleybux
UPDATE: Thank you LSA! (y)
So I mentioned that I finally secured a full-time (temp and remote) job a week and a half ago, after over a year of unemployment b/c layoff. The thing is that I don't get my first paycheck until next month, and I need funds for my phone and my wifi bills until then, as my phone is shut off and my wifi's about to disconnect in a couple days.

I posted an affiliate link on here a few times but haven't received any purchases nor commissions at all, so I set up a burner CashApp, with none of my personal info, for direct giving. Anyone who's able to help, please DM me ASAP. Thanks!

Diamond Sky

Sempiternal SHINee Stan
Reaction score
Reactions
8,773 278 28
Alleybux
I was scammed out of the last 100.00 I had and I need to get into a hotel room for the night. Can any good Samaritan send me some money? I don't get paid until Wednesday and am even willing to double the amount you send (100.00 or under) because I am in a bind with no other option. So if you send 100.00, I'll send back 200.00 if you prefer. I don't mind doing this because I have no other options available but this. I have been a member here for years. I have PayPal, Chime, and CashApp. If you are willing, please DM me and I can provide any information you request. Trust me, with as much as I've been hurt and scammed, I wouldn't dare do it to someone else. Thanks.

EDIT: I have been helped now. Thank you so much!! ♥

Last edited:

La Papesse

M is The 13th Letter.
Reaction score
Reactions
22,276 740 369
Alleybux
I was scammed out of the last 100.00 I had and I need to get into a hotel room for the night. Can any good Samaritan send me some money? I don't get paid until Wednesday and am even willing to double the amount you send (100.00 or under) because I am in a bind with no other option. So if you send 100.00, I'll send back 200.00 if you prefer. I don't mind doing this because I have no other options available but this. I have been a member here for years. I have PayPal, Chime, and CashApp. If you are willing, please DM me and I can provide any information you request. Trust me, with as much as I've been hurt and scammed, I wouldn't dare do it to someone else. Thanks.

OMGeee, I hope someone was able to help you last night! I really hope you're okay!!!

I think it's better if you create your own thread because this thread seems a little dead.

CriDionne

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real." -Tupac
Reaction score
Reactions
8,653 554 70
Alleybux
Were you helped?

Diamond Sky

Sempiternal SHINee Stan
Reaction score
Reactions
8,773 278 28
Alleybux
OMGeee, I hope someone was able to help you last night! I really hope you're okay!!!

I think it's better if you create your own thread because this thread seems a little dead.
No, unfortunately not. That's more on me for being prideful and waiting to post something until the last possible second.

I just hung out in the lobby all night. Luckily, the front desk staff were cool. Thankfully, this morning a pending refund posted to my account so I was able to get a room for tonight. I still need to make it to Wednesday.
Were you helped?
In a way, yes, but only partially. I explained above.

La Papesse

M is The 13th Letter.
Reaction score
Reactions
22,276 740 369
Alleybux

EDIT: I have been helped now. Thank you so much!! ♥

I see that you edited your post at 7:58 pm, saying that you received help, yesterday, so I'm so relieved and happy for youuu!!!

I wish I had money to help you further, unfortunately, I myself am broke, jobless, and have to move so, yeah, not in the best place. :(

May The Universe continuously protect you, watch over you, and bless you abundantly and infinitely!

Diamond Sky

Sempiternal SHINee Stan
Reaction score
Reactions
8,773 278 28
Alleybux
I see that you edited your post at 7:58 pm, saying that you received help, yesterday, so I'm so relieved and happy for youuu!!!

I wish I had money to help you further, unfortunately, I myself am broke, jobless, and have to move so, yeah, not in the best place. :(

May The Universe continuously protect you, watch over you, and bless you abundantly and infinitely!
I understand. It's hard for so many people right now. I hope The Universe shields, watches over and blesses you as well always. Thank you for your kind words.

violet1989

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,285 815 722
Alleybux
2021 was the darkest time for me financially. Ever. I had to move twice sell my car for cash and work two different jobs. I rented a room for 800 a month (yes, you heard that sh!t correctly- cheapest one I could find too). I just bought a car in September for the first time in two years. I also upgraded my skills and got a dental grant for adult braces, joined a gym etc. Many improvements. I didn't think i could survive such a terrible time but I somehow made it to the other side.

It was thr pandemic and me getting sick with Colitis in 2017 and falling behind financially back then that paved the way for the crisis in 2021 to happen.

ReineRose

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,211 714 172
Alleybux
It has truly been brutal trying to find a damn job. I follow YouTube channels that post job leads. I’ll post them here for anyone who is looking for work. They post remote job leads fyi.
Lovelylesean
Thressa Sweat
Money moves with angg
Limitless circle
Deliah Belle work from home

I live with family but my god I feel like such a loser being over 30 no income. I hope things turn around me and all of you for the new year.

uncgirl

xO love yourself xO
Reaction score
Reactions
79,283 2,099 668
Alleybux
2021 was the darkest time for me financially. Ever. I had to move twice sell my car for cash and work two different jobs. I rented a room for 800 a month (yes, you heard that sh!t correctly- cheapest one I could find too). I just bought a car in September for the first time in two years. I also upgraded my skills and got a dental grant for adult braces, joined a gym etc. Many improvements. I didn't think i could survive such a terrible time but I somehow made it to the other side.

It was thr pandemic and me getting sick with Colitis in 2017 and falling behind financially back then that paved the way for the crisis in 2021 to happen.

Kudos, OP! I'm glad you're in a much better place now. I have a quick question for you, please...

What is a dental grant and where do people go to apply for one?

Reaction score
Reactions
852 601 942
Alleybux
It has truly been brutal trying to find a damn job. I follow YouTube channels that post job leads. I’ll post them here for anyone who is looking for work. They post remote job leads fyi.
Lovelylesean
Thressa Sweat
Money moves with angg
Limitless circle
Deliah Belle work from home

I live with family but my god I feel like such a loser being over 30 no income. I hope things turn around me and all of you for the new year.
Have you tried lying on your resume

cinnamundeep

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
23 4
Alleybux
Been dealing with homelessness for over a year now after fleeing my hometown and being stalked by a xesual predator who owned a nonprofit that tried to help me while homeless but only caused more problems for me when I refused his advances and made my life a living hell because of it, no friends and family and I'm jobless with multiple degrees and nothing to show for it, I hate God and feel completely abandoned by Him

CriDionne

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real." -Tupac
Reaction score
Reactions
8,653 554 70
Alleybux
Been dealing with homelessness for over a year now after fleeing my hometown and being stalked by a xesual predator who owned a nonprofit that tried to help me while homeless but only caused more problems for me when I refused his advances and made my life a living hell because of it, no friends and family and I'm jobless with multiple degrees and nothing to show for it, I hate God and feel completely abandoned by Him
I'm so sorry you have had to go through such a nightmare. I know you may not wanna hear this, but He is there and He wants you to cling to His will. He WILL pull you through.

If you don't mind me asking, what degrees did you get?

cinnamundeep

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
23 4
Alleybux
I'm so sorry you have had to go through such a nightmare. I know you may not wanna hear this, but He is there and He wants you to cling to His will. He WILL pull you through.

If you don't mind me asking, what degrees did you get?

Thank you this message, I'm truly losing hope as it's truly been a lonely journey as it's been taking a looong time to recover from the trauma and damage all this mess caused.

I have a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and a Master's degree in PR and Marketing

inthewoods17

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
392 11 1
Alleybux
What do you guys think of self-employment? Has anyone in this thread tried it and eventually became successful?
Hi how are you? Hope you’re well..** :)

That is the goal and what I want to achieve, and as for your question I know a cousin of mine runs her own business from home, and she is successful and happy and is such an inspiration to me..**

I think it’s a human nature for us to wants to be in control of our own life, and for us to hate to be bossed around and controlled by others..**

What stops me from taking the leap, is fear unfortunately, I think I should first acquire a certain qualities, like talent, being really good at something, organising, ambitious and so on, but yeah I’m working on it..**

Wish you well ..**

Whatitwas

“If you didn’t start at 20 start at 30.”
Reaction score
Reactions
15,043 623 452
Alleybux
Living with family isn't an option. They all want me to just move in with my sister but she doesn't have room or want me there. I've applied to childcare facilities but many in my area are covid hotspots bc people hate going to the doctor for some reason. I feel I've exhausted my options. If we don't get bombed to hell I'll have to float until I find a place that will rent to me.

I have a small savings and I just got a bus pass for the month. I haven't given up. I'm just tired ladies. Thanks for your kind words/advice❤️
Hey sis how are you doing?
Extending an olive branch here.
I hope you are hanging in there and have some leverage.

Whatitwas

“If you didn’t start at 20 start at 30.”
Reaction score
Reactions
15,043 623 452
Alleybux
Hi everyone,

I want to move out but am trying to stack money.
Pray for me that I get enough customers the coming months so I can move out and have enough money. I need my own space where I won’t have to worry about the state of the house cleaning a big place.
Basic necessities and more would be so nice.

I hope everyone here is doing alright. Know of any EU resources for some extra dough? That would be nice.