Quantcast

Are You Making Money With A Blog?

PrincessNeice

Essence on Chanel No. 5
Reaction score
Reactions
48,983 611 163
Alleybux
I had a blog a few years ago that brought in money from Google Adsense but I was able to make even more money by providing niche services to visitors of the blog. Over the 6 years that I had the blog I was able to hit 1,000,000 in total visitors. But I posted everyday with some breaks and used twitter at the time for social media.

I also worked 12 hour days on the blog. It took a lot of hard work and dedication. I’m trying to reboot it after some absence. But thankfully I still have some loyal readers and customers.

What was your niche? 12 is a lot! What part took up so much time?

SnowFlower

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,000 1,448 459
Alleybux
I created a blog yesterday. I am shocked that Google has already indexed it. That's a plus I guess.

couldabeen

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,342 40 10
Alleybux
I thought it took six months? How many posts did you have on blog on launch day?
Sis, it doesn't take six months to index. If you go to to GSC, there's a button you can hit to tell it to index. Sometimes, Google beats me to it. I submit a post and by the time I tell it to index, it comes back and says it already has it. Bots are constantly sniffing websites so indexing is immediate. A #1 ranking is not. Y'all keep confusing the two.

Teigh

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
54,493 909 240
Alleybux
Sis, it doesn't take six months to index. If you go to to GSC, there's a button you can hit to tell it to index. Sometimes, Google beats me to it. I submit a post and by the time I tell it to index, it comes back and says it already has it. Bots are constantly sniffing websites so indexing is immediate. A #1 ranking is not. Y'all keep confusing the two.
Oops... yes, that was a newbie alert. So GSC = Google ???? LMAO.. :confused:

SnowFlower

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,000 1,448 459
Alleybux
I thought it took six months? How many posts did you have on blog on launch day?

No posts are on the blog as yet. I posted links to the privacy pages I have created and it got indexed in a matter of hours. This shocked me.

UtuNoranti

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,538 749 46
Alleybux
I do plan to pursue this this year. Whenever I start a blog, it doesn’t take long for spammers to find it. I’m curious how they find it.

Blogging is how I discovered that there is a lot of money to be made out there. It doesn’t matter if the market is saturated.

I had one blog that I was about to delete until I checked the Adsense for it. It was making about $1k a month. It was a low quality blog that I wasn’t paying attention to and I have no clue how anyone other than bots found it. The reason why I was making so much was because people were linking to the images on my website. They were using them on forums, blogs, and articles. Some of the back links still exist.

Unfortunately, this was during the time where certain companies and individuals did not like other people using their images even with credit. Even Google got hit hard with this. I often got letters that threaten to sue me and my hosting was frequently suspended. I’m very surprised that LSA is able to get away with so many images and full articles posted from other sources. I know there are a few sites we can’t post content from, but I’m surprised there isn’t more. The situation I was in must not be that bad anymore.

SnowFlower

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,000 1,448 459
Alleybux
I do plan to pursue this this year. Whenever I start a blog, it doesn’t take long for spammers to find it. I’m curious how they find it.

Blogging is how I discovered that there is a lot of money to be made out there. It doesn’t matter if the market is saturated.

I had one blog that I was about to delete until I checked the Adsense for it. It was making about $1k a month. It was a low quality blog that I wasn’t paying attention to and I have no clue how anyone other than bots found it. The reason why I was making so much was because people were linking to the images on my website. They were using them on forums, blogs, and articles. Some of the back links still exist.

Unfortunately, this was during the time where certain companies and individuals did not like other people using their images even with credit. Even Google got hit hard with this. I often got letters that threaten to sue me and my hosting was frequently suspended. I’m very surprised that LSA is able to get away with so many images and full articles posted from other sources. I know there are a few sites we can’t post content from, but I’m surprised there isn’t more. The situation I was in must not be that bad anymore.

That is so cool. How often did you post? How long were your blog posts on average? Do you mind saying what you niche is? You don't have to. Did you do anything to promote your bog like posting links on social media or making YouTube videos, or pay for ads?

UtuNoranti

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,538 749 46
Alleybux
That is so cool. How often did you post? How long were your blog posts on average? Do you mind saying what you niche is? You don't have to. Did you do anything to promote your bog like posting links on social media or making YouTube videos, or pay for ads?
I didn’t use YouTube and Twitter at the time because I didn’t know much about them. I might have used a back link builder, but the links weren’t high quality. My niche was Gossip and the blog just reposted content everyday from other sites. It was a very low quality site. To this day I don’t understand how it was making that amount of money and where were people finding the site in the first place. I tried observing where some of the traffic was coming from, but couldn’t figure out how the traffic was getting to my site to increase my Adsense earnings. Most of the traffic seemed to either be viewing a hot link image or going directly to the image.

I should have eventually made the content unique, but life got in the way and I didn’t know a way around the copyright issue of the images.

Just from my experience with my blog I learned that there is plenty of money to be made and that LSA must make the big bucks.

SnowFlower

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,000 1,448 459
Alleybux
I didn’t use YouTube and Twitter at the time because I didn’t know much about them. I might have used a back link builder, but the links weren’t high quality. My niche was Gossip and the blog just reposted content everyday from other sites. It was a very low quality site. To this day I don’t understand how it was making that amount of money and where were people finding the site in the first place. I tried observing where some of the traffic was coming from, but couldn’t figure out how the traffic was getting to my site to increase my Adsense earnings. Most of the traffic seemed to either be viewing a hot link image or going directly to the image.

I should have eventually made the content unique, but life got in the way and I didn’t know a way around the copyright issue of the images.

Just from my experience with my blog I learned that there is plenty of money to be made and that LSA must make the big bucks.

Was it celebrity gossip news?

UtuNoranti

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,538 749 46
Alleybux
Were you getting your news from LSA? LOL!!!
lol. At the time I didn’t know of LSA and I only grabbed data from other blogs. I’m not sure if I restarted the blog the same way today that I would get similar results. Google ranks differently now and I would probably have to implement something with social media. Also, it’s harder to get ads approved with Adsense. I haven’t earned money in years with it. They always state they want more high quality content. Other networks want like 50,000+ views a month.

Last edited:

Teigh

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
54,493 909 240
Alleybux
lol. At the time I didn’t know of LSA and I only grabbed data from other blogs. I’m not sure if I restarted the blog the same way today that I would get similar results. Google ranks differently now and I would probably have to implement something with social media. Also, it’s harder to get ads approved with Adsense. I haven’t earned money in years with it. They always state they want more high quality content. Other networks want like 50,000+ views a month.
How many views per month do u get? Ezoic has a min of 10k.

UtuNoranti

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,538 749 46
Alleybux
How many views per month do u get? Ezoic has a min of 10k.
Only a few. I haven’t attempted to get more views yet for any of my current blogs. Seems like gone are the days where I can test ads out on new blogs.