Quantcast

Ariana Grande's Fans Start A Petition To Discard Of Rolling Stone 3 Star Ratings

QueenOfWallets

AKA CaribbeanQueenB & Silk Press Sister of Kamala
Reaction score
Reactions
168,210 6,339 2,317
Alleybux
Rolling Stones gave Ariana's new album, Dangerous Woman (which was released at midnight yesterday/today) 3 stars and her fans threw a fit, going as far as starting a petition.

Rolling Stone said they still don't know who she wants to be with the new album, non-cohesive and her talent was wasted on meaningful-sounding but ultimately trite lyrics like "How do I feel you on me/When you're not on my skin" and "We're collecting moments/Tattoos on my mind." However, her phrasing remains unique and powerful and pyrotechnic, going at unexpected angles – check out how the word "boy" in "Side to Side" explodes in six notes.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/a...ande-dangerous-woman-20160520#ixzz49G7O6F Lk

A few comments under the article
This is one of the most unprofessional/unfair reviews I've read. It is clear that the person who "reviewed" this album is not capable of providing fair commentary. The album has received universal acclaim and for someone to give a bad rating for having "bad" title tracks or for coming from a teen TV show is outrageous.

This review is clearly biased and completely inaccurate. I think that everyone who actually has listened to the album will agree: it's Ariana's best record to date. Different genres are combined to create a perfect mix of emotions and feelings, you will never get tired of this album. If you still can't get over "donutgate" it's ok, that's your opinion, but don't dare review a Grammy-worthy masterpiece with these miserable 3 stars. Really disappointed in Rolling Stone this time...

So you implying that she should've done ALL of the songs similar or with the same style? or with a sequence on the title of the songs? Thanks, but no. This album is a well done masterpiece because of what it is a whole. Each song is different from the other ones, you can find different beats, tempos, vocal arrangements, lyrics, even genre in this album. Put em together, and it becomes a BOMB. The uniqueness of each song is what makes this album a PERFECT POP album. All together. This album explores sounds, explores music in each song in a different way. You will not get bored with this album because of its dynamism and energy. Not as other artists that get stucked with the same beat not only in every song, but in every record they make as well... Dissapointed on this low, closed minded review. This is by far her best work yet.

The petition currently has 709 signatures, I'm sure all under 16.
https://www.change.org/p/metacritic...ts_act ion_panel_wrapper&utm_medium=copylink

[video=twitter;733826202083811328]https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/733826202083811328[/video]
=======

I haven't listened to the album or have any intention of doing so as I don't understand a word she says but if anybody out here has, thoughts?

Stanemy

Feel These Hands
Reaction score
Reactions
21,759 522 245
Alleybux
I don't know how you can give an album any kind of rating mere hours or even days after its released.

Shivasafai

Spoiled
Reaction score
Reactions
324 7 5
Alleybux
Arianators??? Why?? I'd call my fans grandes. That's what killed me more than the lyrics.

lavenderwave

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
45 4 2
Alleybux
lmfao. the funniest part is that 3 out of 5 stars from rolling stone is pretty good to begin with. Lemonade getting a 5-star review was touted as a huge deal.

AlexaBrin

Scheming to avenge Lucerys Velaryon
Reaction score
Reactions
223,640 3,454 1,650
Alleybux
They kinda not lyin though. I like AG and her voice is nice. DW has some bops but I'm sure exactly sure I'm getting how she's grown as an artist since "The Way" and "Right There". She has the same type of Pop/RnB type sound. I still like the album but I'm thinking I'll be over it but the end of the month.

cosmiclatte

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
296,598 13,129 4,050
Alleybux
They kinda not lyin though. I like AG and her voice is nice. DW has some bops but I'm sure exactly sure I'm getting how she's grown as an artist since "The Way" and "Right There". She has the same type of Pop/RnB type sound. I still like the album but I'm thinking I'll be over it but the end of the month.
Most of it sounds like a continuation of her last album and the first track sounds like a leftover from her first album.

KrazyAngel

GATEKEEPER
Reaction score
Reactions
306,595 6,561 3,791
Alleybux
3/5 isn't too bad. The album was good btw for those who cares.
This was the first Ariana album that I actually was ready to give a chance, but I really was unimpressed with how generic/repetitive it sounded. I haven't heard her other two albums, but based on all the singles she's put out, I just don't really see any growth in her as an artist.

LaughOutLoud

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
22,757 803 456
Alleybux
The album is pretty good. I liked two of the singles so decided to give the whole thing a listen. Would I buy it? No. Would I stream and bop to it in my car? Absolutely

Stanemy

Feel These Hands
Reaction score
Reactions
21,759 522 245
Alleybux
I liked the album but this petition is embarrassing.

Don't music publications sometimes get the album early.

It's possible, but with leaks I think artist try to keep the music out of as many hands as possible prior to release.

Shivasafai

Spoiled
Reaction score
Reactions
324 7 5
Alleybux
These stanbases names be killing me. Arianators, Lovatics, Barbz,Selenators, Baconators. I mean the sh!t is crazy like I don't get it.

Because cheesy ass Gag me with a spoon (as I so unlovingly call the hideous Italian gaga) did the monsters thing.

Flamboyant

subtle.
Reaction score
Reactions
93,889 1,285 385
Alleybux
This was the first Ariana album that I actually was ready to give a chance, but I really was unimpressed with how generic/repetitive it sounded. I haven't heard her other two albums, but based on all the singles she's put out, I just don't really see any growth in her as an artist.

Her last album is my favorite so far...but you are right, there hasn't been any change really with her music, but then again i can't see her transitioning to something different. Some songs on this album are bops though.

RussellGrande

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,074 230 248
Alleybux
I kind of agree with them. Her lyrics are very mediocre sometimes. She sings How do you feel me breathe, when I'm not really breathing on one of the songs. WTF does that even mean? They need to fix that

Reaction score
Reactions
2,236 84 16
Alleybux
I thought she was joking about the burger from Burger King :dead:

lol! That makes much more sense. I was over here like :sidefrown:eek:ne of these things is not like the other....

As an aside: Leave me lonely live>>>>>>>>the album version which is a damn shame because that was the song I was most excited about. They completely bled all the personality out of her voice.

KelsieDefens

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
237,502 8,635 8,507
Alleybux
She's trying to step it up but she's still so new. Shes sustaining better than her peers in their early 20s though.

Right now it's all about drawing inspiration from divas in an effort to cultivate her own lane in pop. Baby Mariah with Beyonce sass on stage needs more.

Latoya Jackson

"hoe/creative"
Reaction score
Reactions
101,057 1,873 490
Alleybux
Deserved Rating.

From the 3-4 songs I have heard, it sounds like rip-off of other hit songs. Be Alright sounds like a Whitney Houston House Mix. Let Me Love/The song with Wayne sounds like the Jeremih song.

HauteMuva

Life in plastic, It’s fantastic
Reaction score
Reactions
9,447 191 23
Alleybux
I was dancing and enjoying the album in rush hour today. The Macy gray song would be everything with a mature voice, Ari's voice is cute for certain songs but that one was too grown for her. Actually let me see the live version since it was mentioned

DeadlyMidget

TheOnlyKylieThatMatters
Reaction score
Reactions
65,009 904 340
Alleybux
3/5 is a good rating but either way, why do they put so much stock into what trolling stone magazine has to say??

avannaftw20

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,109 9 6
Alleybux
I thoroughly enjoyed her first two albums but I'm not here for this era. Focus sounds like a continuation of problems and dw sound like a Xtina reject. She needs to revamp her sound and look before ppl get bored of her. Toss that pony and get a shoulder length, layered bob & take some risk with your sound ari.

Macaron Lover

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
24,252 1,364 269
Alleybux
3 star is dam good!. Not here for this era because a lot of the lyrics don't make sense. That's what happens when you have more than two writers on a basic song. She had no new artwork after telling everyone that the bunny thing really wasn't gonna be it (after everyone was pulling their hairs out seeing that) what videos have we seen? Her twirling around on a bed, singing in the latex bunny outfit... Zero creativity, but she gets those views! Supposedly there's some new visuals coming but whatever. I'm over it...who's next? lol

Pinklifesaver

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
867 11 2
Alleybux
lol! That makes much more sense. I was over here like :sidefrown:eek:ne of these things is not like the other....

As an aside: Leave me lonely live>>>>>>>>the album version which is a damn shame because that was the song I was most excited about. They completely bled all the personality out of her voice.

That was the song I was most excited to hear from the album because I watched the live performance - I couldn't really understand some of what she was saying but it was nice. The album version sounds like amateur youtube/kidz bop cover.

Pinklifesaver

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
867 11 2
Alleybux
I thoroughly enjoyed her first two albums but I'm not here for this era. Focus sounds like a continuation of problems and dw sound like a Xtina reject. She needs to revamp her sound and look before ppl get bored of her. Toss that pony and get a shoulder length, layered bob & take some risk with your sound ari.
As much as I would love for that to happen, I don't think it will. She just opened up a store in japan and I think her management is trying to appeal to that market and aesthetic. She could have worked that wannabe pin-up look and evolved into a more appealing image that's age appropriate. If she doesn't evolve, I don't see her lasting for more than three more years.