Quantcast

Arkansas woman confesses to the FBI that her husband killed and incinerated missing woman and her little son 20 years ago

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
659,147 274,742 8,222
Alleybux

Arkansas woman confesses to the FBI that her husband killed and incinerated missing woman and her little son 20 years ago​

• Barbara Krusen told police the murders took place on her farm in Alton, Missouri
  • She said her husband Clarence Krusen had disposed of the bodies in a furnace
  • Krusen said she had not come forward before because she feared for her life
  • Clarence was killed in a shooting at a tractor-tailor terminal in 2012
Police in Missouri have solved a 20-year-old cold case after a woman told officers her husband had murdered both victims and burned their bodies.

Barbara Krusen told the FBI her late husband Clarence Krusen had killed Angela Mack Cox and her four-year-old son Thomas Michael Rettew (Mikey) and disposed of their bodies in a furnace attached to their farmhouse.

She told authorities she had not come forward with the shocking information before because she feared for her life.

The grisly murders are believed to have taken place at the Krusen's farm in Alton, Missouri, in December 2002.

Police in Missouri have solved a 20-year-old cold case after a woman told officers her husband had murdered Angela Mack Cox and her four-year-old son Thomas Michael Rettew (Mikey) and burned their bodies

Police in Missouri have solved a 20-year-old cold case after a woman told officers her husband had murdered Angela Mack Cox and her four-year-old son Thomas Michael Rettew (Mikey) and burned their bodies

Barbara Krusen initially spoke to police in October 2020, telling them she met Angela in fall 2002 because she was working on their farm.

The couple then looked after Mikey while Angela was away in California.

Barbara said she and her husband had wanted to adopt the child, but that Angela had changed her mind before signing any papers.

The decision angered Clarence, according to Barbara's statement, and the couple told Angela she had to return to Missouri and pick up her son because they 'didn't want to just be a babysitter.'

Clarence then allegedly murdered the pair in December 2002 when Mack returned to collect Mikey.

Mikey was reported missing by his father on September 1, 2002. Mack was reported missing in Poteau, Oklahoma, on May 25, 2004, by her mother. At the time she said the latest contact he had with her daughter was on December 11, 2002

Mikey was reported missing by his father on September 1, 2002. Mack was reported missing in Poteau, Oklahoma, on May 25, 2004, by her mother. At the time she said the latest contact he had with her daughter was on December 11, 2002

Barbara Krusen and her husband Clarence were looking after Angela while she was away in California. They had wanted to adopt Mikey, and when Angela refused to give him up, they asked her to collect him because they did not want to be 'babysitters'

Barbara Krusen and her husband Clarence were looking after Angela while she was away in California. They had wanted to adopt Mikey, and when Angela refused to give him up, they asked her to collect him because they did not want to be 'babysitters'

Mikey was reported missing by his father on September 1, 2002.

Mack was reported missing in Poteau, Oklahoma, on May 25, 2004, by her mother, Lorna Pool. At the time she said the latest contact he had with her daughter was on December 11, 2002.

The 2004 report said at the time of her last conversation with her mother Mack 'seemed herself, she was happy, and had a sense of humor.'

'She told her [mother] she was going to be leaving (Chowchilla, California) to go pick up Mickey from Clarence Krusen in Alton.'

Fulton County Sheriff Al Roork announced the case had been solved on Friday and said Mrs Krusen 'stated when they moved from the farmhouse [her husband] told her the furnace had to go because of what it had been used for.'

Barbara said she had picked Mack up from the bus station in Springfield and brought her back to the farm, where she spent the night, in December 2002.

Both visitors were gone by the morning, without explanation. Clarence said they had been picked up by someone.

Roork said: 'It is my hopes that this will being some closure to the friends and family of Angela and Mickey, 'My thanks to Investigator Dale Weaver and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, who gave us two of their best agents to help resolve this case.'

Police, he said, were unable to find anyone with information on Mack or Mikey's whereabouts after they arrived back at the Krusen's farm in 2002.

But FBI agents focused on Barbara, believing she was key to cracking the case.

Agents first interviewed Barbara, who now lives in Portsmouth, Virginia, on April 2, in which she failed a polygraph exam in reference to knowing what had happened to Mack and Mikey.

After the polygraph, Barbara told authorities the whole story. She later repeated the information for lead investigator Dale Weaver on April 7, leading the case to be closed.

The 2004  missing persons report said at the time of her last conversation with her mother Mack 'seemed herself, she was happy, and had a sense of humor'

The 2004 missing persons report said at the time of her last conversation with her mother Mack 'seemed herself, she was happy, and had a sense of humor'

Roork said: 'This case could have never been solved without Dale Weaver and the Federal Bureau of Investigation as it was very technical and there were so many stories being told that had to be filtered to get what really happened,

'The Fulton County Sheriff's Department spent thousands of dollars on this case and I am glad that we were able to close this case as of April 7, 2021.'

Clarence was indicted on firearms charges in 2004 and was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

He was let out on parole after eight and shot dead on February 17, 2012 by William Henry Johnson.

He was killed while working a shift at an ATC trucking tractor-tailor terminal.

Johnson entered the terminal holding a gun and demanded he be paid for his services, court documents show.

Employee Robert Rodriguez tried to calm Johnson down. Johnson then shot Rodriquez in the chest.

Johnson then chased and fatally shot Clarence Krusen.

saucinonyou

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
334,120 11,148 3,204
Alleybux
Karma taking out the trash, his life was shortened just as he shortened theirs... RIP to that mother and her sweet son. I'm on the fence about the wife but at least she finally spoke up I guess.

Covfefe

In the end, we win.
Reaction score
Reactions
373,926 25,005 3,031
Alleybux
Karma taking out the trash, his life was shortened just as he shortened theirs... RIP to that mother and her sweet son. I'm on the fence about the wife but at least she finally spoke up I guess.

She spoke up 9 years after the death of her husband. If she really was scared of him she would have started singing like a canary as soon as he died. This woman is just as evil as her husband.

goldynbrown

We puff & pass while the haters stay mad
Reaction score
Reactions
141,616 11,046 2,601
Alleybux
Clarence died in 2012 why the 8-9 year silence? And in all those years she needs to be imprisoned too. You mean to tell me over 20 years not once did you spend time apart from clarence? 5 minutes to call 911 and give details. Even more online feds tip?

She played a part.

First Thyme Caller

DMX's Voice
Reaction score
Reactions
126,603 2,098 484
Alleybux
That wife was in on it I can't picture a man killing a woman over an adoption, but I can picture his wife putting him up to it.

Also how did the mother go 2 years before reported her daughter missing? She hadn't spoken to her or her grandchild in 2 years.

When the boy's father reported him missing that should've sent a red-flag for the girl's mother to do the same. Smh

Maelin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
122,052 20,791 366
Alleybux
I wonder why the mother took 18 months to report her daughter as missing?

Also the mother knew the daughter was on her way to pick up the child from the killer. It doesn’t sound like anyone followed up on that until years later.

Sorry but the wife was definitely in on it. That’s why she remained silent for 8 years after their husband died. If the FBI never pushed then she would’ve taken the secret to the grave and not given the victims’ families closure.

MsDriven

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
47,687 1,624 279
Alleybux
It warms my heart to know he was jailed for most of his life after the murder and then killed shortly after release. Karma in a sick way.

Poor baby boy didn't deserve to die. Mom didn't either.

ApolloniaSix

You Can Never Be Too Thin or Too Rich
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
33,530 2,921 2,345
Alleybux
This b!tch needs to be locked up too. These white women will take a serial killers secrets to the grave. They're more evil than the men.

ShadyPhaePhae

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
227,395 6,040 2,425
Alleybux
The couple is trash and the wife should’ve been charged with something. Crszy her mom reported her missing two whole years later and the BD reported her missing before she actually was.

PlumpRump

Sacred.
Reaction score
Reactions
53,660 2,477 2,371
Alleybux
yeah she could have said something when the husband was sentenced to prison for those 8-10 years.

Maelin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
122,052 20,791 366
Alleybux
The couple is trash and the wife should’ve been charged with something. Crszy her mom reported her missing two whole years later and the BD reported her missing before she actually was.

The child’s father reported him as missing as it seemed like the mother was moving from place to place without informing him where the child was. And she wasn’t always with her child.

It is a shame that the father’s report wasn’t taken seriously as the child could’ve been saved. The child was living with the killer and his wife during the period he was reported as missing. Both were strangers to the child but the mother preferred for them to have temporary custody rather than his actual father.

The mother and the grandmother both knew where the child was. Sadly they kept that information to themselves and the child was murdered 2 months after he was reported as missing.

Last edited:

LoveSupreme

01/06/21 - Planet of the Apes Day -
Reaction score
Reactions
134,305 8,452 7,808
Alleybux
What?!!!

De white folken again?

Where’s that font that said it was better living amongst de white folken?

I see why she loves it so much! I see how ya’ll get down, burying bodies in the backyard, attics, and basements. You get away with it for quite some time!

Beneatha

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
33,434 318 29
Alleybux
There is so much to unpack here! Why did she wait so long after he was killed to admit this? Why did he kill the little boy if he wanted to adopt him? What the hell is a tractor trailer terminal? Why are they trash? Why did the mom wait so long to report her daughter missing?

90DayBeyonce

"Shameika said I had potential"
Reaction score
Reactions
195,685 5,543 508
Alleybux
She told authorities she had not come forward with the shocking information before because she feared for her life.
She could have collected as much evidence as possible, marched her ass to the police station, and then kept on driving.

MochaTwist

Not today, Satan
Reaction score
Reactions
90,651 970 122
Alleybux
She spoke up 9 years after the death of her husband. If she really was scared of him she would have started singing like a canary as soon as he died. This woman is just as evil as her husband.
hell, she probably helped.

and i find it strange that if they allegedly wanted the boy so badly, they wouldn't just kill the mother and keep the kid.

BestFwends

Rent free. Nuke Islamic states & ban Islam.
Reaction score
Reactions
16,548 1,197 2,154
Alleybux
They wanted to steal her child, and killed her when she refused. She should have been freaked out when they said they wanted to "adopt" her child. Why in God's name would babysitters be talking about adoption? A lot of people want to steal children from their mothers, even from the womb. All those cases of murdered pregnant women and the baby has been cut from her womb.
Stealing children "to be a parent" is primarily a female crime. I wouldn't surprised if it was Babara who put the thought in her husband's head and encouraged him to kill both victims. Both are to blame make no mistake about that.

Last edited:

Whimsy Wise

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,722 460 606
Alleybux
She should be locked up as an accessory to murder. I bet she is going to one those women that write a book about being the wife of a murder.

No Comment

Support Black Artist!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
44,590 1,047 620
Alleybux
I don’t buy the wife’s story. If you feared for your life, why did you wait 9 years after the man you were afraid of die? It makes no sense to me.

KeyPie

i’m hot 100 degrees
Reaction score
Reactions
3,347 44 42
Alleybux
I wouldn't surprised if it was Babara who put the thought in her husband's head and encouraged him to kill both victims. Both are to blame make no mistake about that.
Yep, I thought the same thing.

It’s hard to believe that a man who is irresponsible enough to get sentenced to 10 years in jail also wanted to be a parent so badly. I feel like Barbara is the one who wanted the baby & then let her husband kill them both when the mother refused

D E L E T E

DELETE ACCOUNT
Reaction score
Reactions
86,235 6,032 1,872
Alleybux
I don't know why she waited that long but domestic abuse is a horrible situation to live under for decades.

I am happy she brought closure to the family and friends.

We think these cold cases are mostly "resolved" emotionally but some people never stop looking.

I was in a psychic group on Facebook and people would post pictures hoping to get a reading on their loved ones who went missing as far back as the 70s.

AfroGoddess

excessively black
Reaction score
Reactions
22,173 749 185
Alleybux
this story has a lot of holes. why did the mom wait so long to report her daughter missing? why did the wife wait so long to tell the 'truth'? if they killed her because she changed her mind about the adoption, why did they also kill the child? if they had only killed her they could have claimed she disappeared and left the child with them. the wife is full of it and needs to be jailed herself.

TDOT20

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,437 5,295 298
Alleybux
If they wanted the child why kill him? I guess they wouldn't have gotten away with it? It seems when the father reported the son missing they were both still alive. Just maybe she had him with those killers..I dont think the mom waited that long, it's only in 2004 daughter went missing.

Well that's how I interpreted it anyways .

FortunaPlus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
228,535 10,248 4,921
Alleybux
Did the police investigate this at all?? She went to one place and never left. Why didn't the families press the police or the murdering babysitters. They didn't love that little boy if they could kill him, smh.

AmesD

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
63,393 2,153 1,439
Alleybux
She didn't even "wait" 9 years to tell a version of the truth...she came up with this after the FBI started focusing on her and she failed their polygraph. If it weren't for that she would've died knowing this. I hope she receives some type of punishment for being an accomplice.

Last edited:

Riley Yo

#BFLM
Reaction score
Reactions
46,296 2,709 71
Alleybux
The wife is full of it. She could’ve said something when he went to prison in 2004. Can’t believe the police bought her dumbass explanation.

BitterBeGone

I rarely read my replies/DMs, apologies in advance
Reaction score
Reactions
5,833 460 357
Alleybux
The grisly murders are believed to have taken place at the Krusen's farm in Alton, Missouri, in December 2002

she met Angela in fall 2002 because she was working on their farm.

The couple then looked after Mikey while Angela was away in California.

Huh, so a white mother leaves her son in a whole other state to be babysat by people she met a couple months before and she and her child ends up killed. She gets the sympathy she deserves because nobody expects people to want to kill an innocent child. A black woman leaves her child with her seemingly sane boyfriend she's known for several months, the man snaps and kills the child and fonts always put more blame on the mother than the murderer. Things that make you go hmm...

Y'all know if we were presented with the exact same story but the only thing changed was the mother's race from white to black, at least 20 fonts would be questioning why she left her child with strangers and blaming her for her and her child's deaths. Fonts are always calling for the imprisonment of a black woman that just lost her child when her only crime was being too trusting and woefully uninformed. But y'all supposedly love and support black women.

The truth is, LSA fonts are more anti-black women than the black celebrities y'all love to accuse of misogynoir. These celebrities don't expect perfection from black women the way most of y'all do.

Drosera

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,941 54 16
Alleybux
I read about this story a couple of nights back and honestly I had to read it 3 times ,because it was just all over the place. I'm not sure if the person writing the article was at fault or this "story" is not adding up.

There was ALOT of things that make me raise my eyebrows with the victim. Apparently, this all started from a car accident that involved the husband leaving the wife and child to themselves.

-the husband's brother came and got them only to be arrested for a warrent for a stolen vehicle. (They were in Missouri at the time)

-The husband did not receive a call from his wife until two week laters. Bizarrely, the wife and child were in California this time and not Missouri (No information on how they got there)

-The child was from a previous marriage with the victim's ex-husband(I don't think they were legally divorced. She just remarried and dipped)

There's alot more, But I don't wanna waste up the page with all this. I'm glad this case is solved and justice being brought. But I feel like the mother was being irresponsible, I mean at one point she's in cali by herself with no kid and husband, BUT then decides to go back to the couple and get her kid back. This story is soo weird

luckygirl93

Caramel Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
407,683 21,357 16,214
Alleybux
If they wanted to keep the child. Then why did they kill him after killing her? Like I don’t understand, I was just looking at this case not to long ago on thecharleyproject. It’s good that their family now knows what happened to them. The wife needs to go to prison because she clearly helped murder them.

Queena

Queena.
Reaction score
Reactions
26,823 1,032 1,423
Alleybux
I read about this story a couple of nights back and honestly I had to read it 3 times ,because it was just all over the place. I'm not sure if the person writing the article was at fault or this "story" is not adding up.

There was ALOT of things that make me raise my eyebrows with the victim. Apparently, this all started from a car accident that involved the husband leaving the wife and child to themselves.

-the husband's brother came and got them only to be arrested for a warrent for a stolen vehicle. (They were in Missouri at the time)

-The husband did not receive a call from his wife until two week laters. Bizarrely, the wife and child were in California this time and not Missouri (No information on how they got there)

-The child was from a previous marriage with the victim's ex-husband(I don't think they were legally divorced. She just remarried and dipped)

There's alot more, But I don't wanna waste up the page with all this. I'm glad this case is solved and justice being brought. But I feel like the mother was being irresponsible, I mean at one point she's in cali by herself with no kid and husband, BUT then decides to go back to the couple and get her kid back. This story is soo weird
Where can I read this info?