Quantcast

Article: Why Is LaKeith Stanfield Flirting With Anti-Semitism on Clubhouse?

Mr. Biggs

引きこもり
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
90,932 51,319 713
Alleybux
The actor moderated a Clubhouse room where people spread hateful conspiracy theories about Jewish people. When he was called out, he avoided responsibility for participating.

Cheyenne Roundtree

Entertainment Reporter
Updated May. 07, 2021 3:42PM ET / Published May. 07, 2021 2:42PM ET

Attempting to justify a Louis Farrakhan remark that compared Jews to termites, spreading conspiracy theories about Jewish people controlling the slave trade, and discussing Hitler in a positive light were only a portion of the vile anti-Semitic comments that were made during a bigoted and ignorant discussion on Clubhouse Wednesday night.

Already that evening, a previous room with a similar discussion had turned so inflammatory that a moderator shut down the talk. But instead of closing the app, some of the participants launched a second room to pick up where the first left off, titling it, “Someone Ended the Room About Farrakhan,” accompanied by the nefarious purple devil emoji.

It was during this hours-long unbridled discussion that people would take to the app’s stage to spew what a person described as one of the most disturbing things he had ever heard. “I’m not even Jewish,” Kareem Rifai told The Daily Beast. “I’m an ally to Jewish people and I was there for my Jewish friends who were there because I’m sure it was very traumatic for them. Honestly, I can’t describe it… I felt sick to my stomach for most of it.”

“Some of the things that were said were worse than things that I’ve read or heard about neo-Nazis saying, it was insane.”

So, it came as a huge surprise that among the talk’s moderators was actor LaKeith Stanfield, who was nominated for the Best Supporting Actor Oscar this year for his role as an FBI informant in Judas and the Black Messiah.

Stanfield is no stranger to the audio-based app, participating in a “moan room” in December where women gleefully judge men making sounds of ecstasy. (He ended up winning, although declined to pocket the $300 prize money.) He also used the platform in March for a casting call for his upcoming project in London.

But casually seeing the 29-year-old moderating and periodically engaging in the hateful discussion was upsetting to many, although four people confirmed to The Daily Beast that Stanfield never said anything that would be considered anti-Semitic.

One Jewish woman was so sickened by the things she was hearing that she took the stage to directly ask Stanfield why he was involved in a conversation that was amplifying hate speech, according to three sources. But instead of taking the opportunity to condemn the anti-Semitism that was running rampant in the room, Stanfield reportedly shrugged off the concern and avoided any responsibility for participating.

“He told her, ‘This is probably an emotional kind of room for you, tensions are running high, and I understand this is a very heated room,’” Rifai recalled. “Then he just kind of danced around it not really saying anything.”

“You can’t stay neutral in that type of situation, when there’s so clearly a side that is spewing hate speech and another side that’s trying to just defend themselves,” he added. “The fact he sat in that room for hours on end, making it available to thousands and thousands of people on their Clubhouse feed, it’s irresponsible.”

The Daily Beast reached out to Stanfield for comment.

THE AUTHOR

Cheyenne-Roundtree-author_x7maao.jpg

READ THE REST

Swan

Secular Woman
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
400,070 5,387 939
Alleybux
I told y'all Club House was gonna get some of these folks in trouble. But they just can't stay away.

For what reason would a celebrity need to speak on a public forum with a bunch of strangers about conspiracy theories? Invite some friends over to have that conversation. I know Keith is off-beat But I would never risk my career over this type of tomfoolery.

Connie Flemming

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,804 2,926 1,879
Alleybux
So a BW is really trying to launch a smear campaign against a black actor over discussion about Jewish involvement in the slave trade. She’s also using dog whistle terms such as anti semite. They are so determined to paint BP as anti semites, and they clearly have other BP willing to do their bidding.

Rere84

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
581,025 19,675 2,219
Alleybux
If it's that bad they'll Nick Cannon him......next time we seem him he'll making appearances at all the synagogues and sh!t....

Femme Pop

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
257,631 7,071 3,323
Alleybux
“Some of the things that were said were worse than things that I’ve read or heard about neo-Nazis saying, it was insane.”

...worse than neo nazis? Lol, I doubt that. Ppl say anything when black folk have an opinion tho.

Anyways the thought of Lakeith being the moderator in a room like that is sending meee :cry

SlayK Rowling

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
87,773 3,550 3,335
Alleybux
Similar to Asians, I'm not walking on eggs shells pretending like our communities get along or that black artists haven't been exploited by everyone, including jewish people. That being said, understand jewish people have an extremely complex history of oppression and torment before you speak. I'm pro-palestine but I'm not about to jump crazy talking about jewish people behind Minister Farrakhan or them FOI people. I'm just not.

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,689,467 494,975 222,864
Alleybux
He did something similar when things were hot around ADOS - I was in a room where he was allowing a white man IN THE SAME PHYSICAL ROOM as him to be disrespectful. You could hear them laughing.
He plays a "Both Sides" game but it comes off as actually very clearly on one side.

Akimbo

Cheverly Remembrance Week: April 15-21
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
332,781 20,849 4,111
Alleybux
He is determined to have somebody get him out of here. I know his team is TIRED.

mystic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
162,849 4,589 1,438
Alleybux
He’s on there all day. I always get alerts that he’s in different rooms all through out the day. I don’t know if he doesn’t have any projects lined up or it’s just how he likes to spend his down time. But I remember thinking “damn, he’s always on Clubhouse”. Like go spend some time with your kid or something.

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I was in that room. First of all, their were Rabbis and all kinda Jewish people in there contributing. LaKeith wasn't even saying anything on the topics, he was just a "mod". This chick 'Madeline' was kept coming in, stirring up sh!t, leaving coming back, etc.

Nobody was even worried about him and she came back outta nowhere, admitted she has no idea who he is, but recognized by his follower count that he must be famous, and started threatening his career. "J Twitter is going to come after you" and all this sh!t. She had zero to say to the people actually making the comments, she just kept pushing it all on him and the man was literally just there, listening to everyone. I saw this coming the moment she called him out.

DutchMeisje

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,039 597 182
Alleybux
What this turns into everytime is a "we need to teach Black people....." We don't need to be taught anything as we're smarter than most people, and we are not children. Leave African Americans as a whole out of this conversation, it doesn't concern us

Last edited:

Nubiacoco

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
230,080 6,714 1,067
Alleybux
You never see another group of people making apologies for their racial counterparts or scolding their own publicly when one of them act out. They don't even call out their racist brethren.

I am not sure why some Black celebrities especially the men feel like they can talk about a group as powerful as Jewish people in Hollywood freely.

He will be on an apology tour soon enough if not lack listed.

Connie Flemming

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,804 2,926 1,879
Alleybux
You never see another group of people making apologies for their racial counterparts or scolding their own publicly when one of them act out. They don't even call out their racist brethren.

I am not sure why some Black celebrities especially the men feel like they can talk about a group as powerful as Jewish people in Hollywood freely.

He will be on an apology tour soon enough if not lack listed.
Thank you! But fonts is groaning me because it’s a BW. I agree with you fonts speak about Jewish ppl like at all anything you say will called antisèmitîsm even if you say you have sympathy for the Palestinians.

Zack Bible

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
994 189 412
Alleybux
The actor moderated a Clubhouse room where people spread hateful conspiracy theories about Jewish people. When he was called out, he avoided responsibility for participating.

Cheyenne Roundtree

Entertainment Reporter

Attempting to justify a Louis Farrakhan remark that compared Jews to termites, spreading conspiracy theories about Jewish people controlling the slave trade, and discussing Hitler in a positive light were only a portion of the vile anti-Semitic comments that were made during a bigoted and ignorant discussion on Clubhouse Wednesday night.

Already that evening, a previous room with a similar discussion had turned so inflammatory that a moderator shut down the talk. But instead of closing the app, some of the participants launched a second room to pick up where the first left off, titling it, “Someone Ended the Room About Farrakhan,” accompanied by the nefarious purple devil emoji.

It was during this hours-long unbridled discussion that people would take to the app’s stage to spew what a person described as one of the most disturbing things he had ever heard. “I’m not even Jewish,” Kareem Rifai told The Daily Beast. “I’m an ally to Jewish people and I was there for my Jewish friends who were there because I’m sure it was very traumatic for them. Honestly, I can’t describe it… I felt sick to my stomach for most of it.”

So, it came as a huge surprise that among the talk’s moderators was actor LaKeith Stanfield, who was nominated for the Best Supporting Actor Oscar this year for his role as an FBI informant in Judas and the Black Messiah.

Stanfield is no stranger to the audio-based app, participating in a “moan room” in December where women gleefully judge men making sounds of ecstasy. (He ended up winning, although declined to pocket the $300 prize money.) He also used the platform in March for a casting call for his upcoming project in London.

But casually seeing the 29-year-old moderating and periodically engaging in the hateful discussion was upsetting to many, although four people confirmed to The Daily Beast that Stanfield never said anything that would be considered anti-Semitic.

One Jewish woman was so sickened by the things she was hearing that she took the stage to directly ask Stanfield why he was involved in a conversation that was amplifying hate speech, according to three sources. But instead of taking the opportunity to condemn the anti-Semitism that was running rampant in the room, Stanfield reportedly shrugged off the concern and avoided any responsibility for participating.

“He told her, ‘This is probably an emotional kind of room for you, tensions are running high, and I understand this is a very heated room,’” Rifai recalled. “Then he just kind of danced around it not really saying anything.”

“You can’t stay neutral in that type of situation, when there’s so clearly a side that is spewing hate speech and another side that’s trying to just defend themselves,” he added. “The fact he sat in that room for hours on end, making it available to thousands and thousands of people on their Clubhouse feed, it’s irresponsible.”

THE AUTHOR

READ THE REST
Hoe got that wench face

Vixy76

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
43,479 1,858 1,040
Alleybux
Why when this group of people is attacked ppl have to apologize and their career is threatened......and black ppl are always on the spotlight with this smh.... I really want him to do well but this ain't gonna help.

And why is a black woman running the smear campaign?

NonProphet

Don’t jealous me
Reaction score
Reactions
55,107 1,061 408
Alleybux
He stays embarrassing himself. How hard is it to watch Netflix, read a book, or listen to some music? Does he have to go on Clubhouse? And I thought he was gonna put out actual music, he could be collaborating with artists and adding music to his resume. Clubhouse is a trap.

MichaelMYERS

Stalking Laurie Strode's ass since 1978
Reaction score
Reactions
309,312 4,737 1,693
Alleybux
Lakeith has been on my sh!t list since he claimed black americans don't have a culture but tbh idc about this. If he wanna piss his bosses off in Hollyweird he can do so and they can punish him for it.

But it's so weird seeing black and half black people calling black people out on anti-whateverness yet be mute af when those same black people be anti-black or extra mute when non black folks are anti-black.

Can people ask the Jewish community why, despite being oppress themselves, would wanna oppress & degrade the black community on screen for CENTURIES since the start of Hollyweird? Cause that never gets discussed with think pieces & articles galore.

Coco K. Flo

Being nosy, thanks.
Reaction score
Reactions
85,614 1,066 238
Alleybux
It doesn’t even sound like he did anything, but this is what happens when you allow your name to be in things. Why do Farrakhan convos always turn into “hate speech?” Is it the context or do people just not like/aren’t open to the message?

LibraMoon45

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,928 1,142 1,198
Alleybux
This is bµllsh!t, Lakeith is always on CH but he's usually quiet when he's on stage regardless of the topic. All being a moderator means is that another moderator gave him that status, not that he actually takes charge of the convo or participates in it. They're being extra for nothing. Tbh I did see him in that room and I remember wondering what he was doing in there cuz I figured this bs was gonna happen. Definetly being blown waaaayyyy out of proportion

emptybubbles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,684 461 239
Alleybux
Stanfield is no stranger to the audio-based app, participating in a “moan room” in December where women gleefully judge men making sounds of ecstasy. (He ended up winning, although declined to pocket the $300 prize money.)
91f2bac97dc26c7e8c4709db62bc937f.gif

Tell the girls in the fan club I'm tendering my resignation in the sorority becuz between this, him being addicted to clubhouse, being reckless about his career, and those pictures of him in that jumpsuit...this not working fa me. Y'all can have his weird ass, he's not cute enough to overshadow alladat.

Queen Lili

The One To Destroy It All
Reaction score
Reactions
100,600 4,813 2,396
Alleybux
Wow these people are scared we’ll find out they’re really from the seed of Amalekite. Why they shut down Nick Cannon and yes they did profit from the slave trade.

JaneDoe2030

smokin cigarettes not payin my bills
Reaction score
Reactions
239,212 15,579 2,543
Alleybux
He didn't do anything wrong. I thought the app was for discussions. They always claim hate speech if the topic is even discussed.

Earthenware Kitt

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
318,611 26,424 3,542
Alleybux
He did something similar when things were hot around ADOS - I was in a room where he was allowing a white man IN THE SAME PHYSICAL ROOM as him to be disrespectful. You could hear them laughing.
He plays a "Both Sides" game but it comes off as actually very clearly on one side.

(Not for long from the looks of the article. He better slow his roll down before they slow it down for him.)

Earthenware Kitt

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
318,611 26,424 3,542
Alleybux
Why when this group of people is attacked ppl have to apologize and their career is threatened......and black ppl are always on the spotlight with this smh.... I really want him to do well but this ain't gonna help.

And why is a black woman running the smear campaign?

Obviously the writer takes orders and does what they tell her.

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
244,036 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
Not that I am rushing to defend this fool (he's been on my sh!t list since he disrespected VP Harris), but what is it to this lady whether he or any black person is being "anti-Semitic"? She, and others who feel compelled to cape for non-Black people who have a history of treating us terribly need to learn
71QKQ9mwV7L.jpg

Minding my business while solely focusing on Black men and women throughout the diaspora has been wonders for me, and I suggest that she does the same.

Brenda Chenowith

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
71,032 6,478 8,804
Alleybux
I just dont get why he allows himself to be modded in the room? Why can't he just be on stage? It seems deliberate. Maybe he wants to quit hollywood, or tired of the jews in hollywood bullying him so this is his venting space.

Rebelle Noire

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
104,592 2,307 1,999
Alleybux
Sigh... Lakeith needs to leave social media alone. I understand that he's outspoken and wants to tell his opinion on stuff but clearly, he's not an eloquent person and often looks like a bigoted asshole (and at this point, maybe he is).
He has been caught being homophobic, saying that Black Americans don't have culture, being on some dumb Hotep sh!t, participating in trashing Daniel (who later defended him so made him look like a jerk), being antisemitic, etc.
Stay away from social media!

Last edited:

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
It doesn’t even sound like he did anything, but this is what happens when you allow your name to be in things. Why do Farrakhan convos always turn into “hate speech?” Is it the context or do people just not like/aren’t open to the message?

Cheyenne Roundtree

Entertainment Reporter

THE AUTHOR

READ THE REST
Real Time Update:
Lakeith is dissappointed in Cheyenne, a black woman, came for him even though he's one of the few black male celebrities that uplifts BW and thinks that she should do her job with more integrity. He wishes that she would've contacted him directly before writing the article. Many other reporters reached out to him to know how he feels but Cheyenne never did. Also they're starting a new trend on twitter #IStandWithLakeith He said that he came in the room to "facilitate conversation" and never called Farakkan anti-semitic because he doesnt know him

Lunatic Frank

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,397 1,490 723
Alleybux
He saw what happened to Nick Cannon b!tch ass when he tried to trick that hotep sh!t and talking down on the Jews failing to realize they own his punk ass and when they fired him and pulled his show that ***** folded like a bedsheet and started an ass kissing campaign by saying his great grandfather was a Spanish Rabbi and kissed ass until he got his job back. Negroes in the entertainment industry better wise up you cannot be caught openly berate jews and participate in antisemitism when they own the vast majority of the most powerful media corporations and have the power to break your ass

Serenity7

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,481 142 27
Alleybux
Im always so confused when I see black people going above and beyond to take up for Jews, and Jews wouldn’t spit on us if we were on fire... well actually they would put out the fire and tell us to get back to buying sh!t from them and keeping their communities thriving.