Quantcast

Artists whose sales don’t match their hype

Reaction score
Reactions
15,357 1,375 2,162
Alleybux
C264701F-6B1F-4B43-A61C-D4AFED496AD7.gif

The hive on lsa trying to be like mama BB, no negative sh!t on BB on LSA or other social media

Sorry BB stans i don’t kiss silicone ass.

UbuTheDog

The Good Pureblood Dog. WOOF!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
37,110 4,938 1,758
Alleybux
You must be smoking crack if you think she is a better artist than The Beatles, MJ, Pink Floyd etc.

Best selling artists of all time:
The Beatles
Michael Jackson
Elvis
Elton John
Madonna
Led Zeppelin
Rihanna
Pink Floyd
Eminem
Mariah Carey
Taylor Swift
Queen
Eagles
Whitney
Celine Dion
AC/DC
The Rolling Stones
Drake
Garth Brooks
Kanye West
Justin Bieber
Ed Sheeran
Billy Joel
U2

Many more and I STILL haven't gotten to Beyoncé yet.

Give up.

*(Disclaimer: Not a Beyonce Stan)*

McDonald's sells more hamburgers than any other restaurant. That doesn't mean they're better hamburgers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BritDolly

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,613 905 788
Alleybux
Dua Lipa and Rita Awful (Orra) have had the entire UK music industry pumping money into them to brake America. They even pay music radios money not to play their rival real black female rnb artists music played on there.
UK underground music stars like this girl are only heard on Spotify

love stoned

baby, my mind fuzzy
Reaction score
Reactions
101,416 4,571 3,154
Alleybux
I'm not trying to start a war but why do Beyoncé fans always mention or add in her Destiny's Child's sales? No one really does that for MJ and the Jackson 5 but mabye it's because his sales actually live up to the h...
Because in any other context y’all have NO ISSUE with crediting her with anything negative pertaining to this group but when it comes to the cold hard facts and stats from her lead group vocalist / solo tenure y’all get bothered.

love stoned

baby, my mind fuzzy
Reaction score
Reactions
101,416 4,571 3,154
Alleybux
You can't go page for page arguing with stans, thinking that calling someone a stan is offensive, while overlooking the fact that you're exhibiting stan behavior yourself. And the nerve to call others delusional.
Exactly they are becoming unglued in here because we don’t worship the ground that their faves of yesteryear walked on. They are way too invested fr. Mad because Bey has fans that actually like her despite what they’re mad about.

County4Life

Somewhere with Remy.
Reaction score
Reactions
492,632 7,537 2,270
Alleybux
Oh, lordt. The Hive who can't keep ha on the charts have arrived to screech. Talk sh!t on forums but not the charts, lol!

This thread was fun! Bye and stream The Gift!

love stoned

baby, my mind fuzzy
Reaction score
Reactions
101,416 4,571 3,154
Alleybux
@CherryTint

I really admire your work in here. You getting the hags riled up in here with one liners and gifs. Iconic :giggle

if Bey fans were fickle and took it personally that safe, white, pop leaning artists and oversaturated radio payola faves are favored over an aging R&B girl in the music market this fanbase wouldn’t even exist.

Yonce PR

Chicks suffering from DC PTSD like it’s 1998
Reaction score
Reactions
196,432 6,203 3,900
Alleybux
Because this comment was moved but the post I was replying to was not I will repost.

This is In response to post#
C64B50B2-C720-481D-B26F-AF3F4F46941E.jpeg

Three paragraphs? Girl.........

Listen, I only committed to the first sentence. But if you dedicated that much power to need to tell me to take my ass somewhere it’s you who’s out of your skin.

Why you so grumpy? I thought we were having fun. Need a snickers?
DemandingClearBedbug-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

KingB18

YOU NEED FONTS LIKE ME! I’m the BAD GUY!
Reaction score
Reactions
10,431 260 65
Alleybux
quick question? did anybody say Justin Bieber?

jackson90

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
65,777 7,520 26,139
Alleybux
Rihanna's fans in this thread are really shameless
they keep lying that their mediocre fave is the 2nd biggest selling female artist of all times
in fact Rihanna barely sold 34millions albums in pure sales
it means that Whitney Houston's Bodyguard (sales over 40millions) outsells Rih's entire discography
like Beyonce Rihanna is just another fraud

Hope this helps

ANTIUSERNAME

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
127,640 11,232 14,342
Alleybux
Lol @Breepo put me on ignore so i won because she didn't want to bring receipt. How are you going to say that the people the music industry know the sales then proceed to claim that the same entity who's in the music industry is throwing numbers as PR when s/he's not even in the building with them and look those sales from the outside of the music industry.

I'm not a person who have bad faith. If i'm wrong, i'm wrong. Matter of facts she was right about ChartMaster. They have the same list as her/him but the only flaw in their list, is that their list isn't really a worldwide one. It only count 60 countries/records music industry out of 193 countries in the world (same for the IFPI). So if you're not in the music industry, you can't really know how much an artist is selling.

And how can you dismiss the other platform that artist of today use to sell their music ?? Like pure sales albums isn't the only thing that count in the overall record sales. You have to take singles, digital sales etc. And Rihanna beat them all in that department.
ooop sorry i will take that L and stan in the corner
spongebob_peeking_around_corner.png
Girl, you can take your W. Rihanna is indeed the 2nd best selling female artist of all time. @Breepo fail to provide and back up her claim.

Last edited:

fais

sweetest taboo
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
6,649 709 759
Alleybux
That album came and went with the wind.
LMFAO it’s funny because they tried to claim “Suga” wasn’t an album because of how damn hard it flopped just for the “actual album” to have the worst results .

fais

sweetest taboo
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
6,649 709 759
Alleybux
they keep lying that their mediocre fave is the 2nd biggest selling female artist of all times
it means that Whitney Houston's Bodyguard (sales over 40millions) outsells Rih's entire discography

Hope this helps
Your comparing artist that came out during different times , where different techniques were use to help the artist sell the music ?Whitney came out during a time where digital downloads and streams were practically non existent while pure sales defined the artists career. Beyonce came out during a similar time while crossing over into the years of downloads and streams . Rihanna also came out during a similar time but didn’t debut as early as the two so more than half of her career depended on streams , downloads , views etc . She has surpassed many classified legends in this department.

If the fans are overhyping her as an artist like your trying to make it seem , then shouldn’t it reflect in her data ? But it seems she’s bigger than the hype she receives . There not just putting her at the top of the lists for fun .The GP wanna listen to Rihanna and it shows in her statistics . They look and scramble for her music , scope out her videos , download rigorously . What is she suppose to do if the people love her that much? There’s certain things we cannot make up .

Beyonce is using the touring method as a way to push her music and she has to do it .There came a point where she had to rely on touring or performing to make a song stick .That is her technique . While you’ll notice the artist that can sell a song without moving a leg muscle on stage have toured the least in their entire careers or put on low registered , mediocre performances knowing people will eat their music up regardless .

love stoned

baby, my mind fuzzy
Reaction score
Reactions
101,416 4,571 3,154
Alleybux
I agree. This mirrors my sentiment on Beyonce Knowles.

There are many other black female artists from Beyonce's era that I can support.

Beyonce being the 'biggest name' means nothing and is not basis to support a black female artist.

Beyonce made the decision to make a decades-long career off of intentionally taking credit for other people's songwriting work for hit songs and should suffer the artistic consequences.
So why don’t you? Their discographies could use the boost on multiple platforms. Viral tbt tweets ain’t cutting it.

Only on lsa is Beyoncé selling less than white acts who were notorious for lifting songs and entire genres created by black people considered “artistic consequence” for her. In your head, dead white artists sales are supposed to prosper while bey is supposed to suffer because your gripes with her are rooted in hearsay and envy.

Y’all disgust me. You must be one of those Mj or britney fonts. It’s giving #fff.

Last edited:

love stoned

baby, my mind fuzzy
Reaction score
Reactions
101,416 4,571 3,154
Alleybux
A lot of y’all faves lack the talent to justify their hype and their sales are inflated by radio, giveaways, bundles and factory produced data but y’all not ready for that convo.

ANTIUSERNAME

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
127,640 11,232 14,342
Alleybux

Hope this helps
You could have tag me. But like the other, you don't have much receipt to prove me wrong.
Also, they don't just count albums in those list and pure sales. They also count Singles and digital sales for the overall list that you seems to dismiss to fit your narrative. You're a shameless illiterate

SarahCameron

no time for logical fallacies
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
100,194 5,797 4,187
Alleybux
So why don’t you? Their discographies could use the boost on multiple platforms. Viral tbt tweets ain’t cutting it.

Only on lsa is Beyoncé selling less than white acts who were notorious for lifting songs and entire genres created by black people considered “artistic consequence” for her. In your head, dead white artists sales are supposed to prosper while bey is supposed to suffer because your gripes with her are rooted in hearsay and envy.

Y’all disgust me. You must be one of those Mj or britney fonts. It’s giving #fff.

that font is a britney fan, it’s always downplaying beyoncé in every thread they post. totally agree that twitter likes/retweets isn’t real support.

jackson90

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
65,777 7,520 26,139
Alleybux
You could have tag me. But like the other, you don't have much receipt to prove me wrong.
Also, they don't just count albums in those list and pure sales. They also count Singles and digital sales for the overall list that you seems to dismiss to fit your narrative. You're a shameless illiterate
Even with digital sales + streaming your mediocre fave is not the 2nd biggest selling female artist of all times
In fact she is not even top 5 or even the biggest selling female artist of this century
Even Taylor Swift outsells your bang mediocre fave

Hope this helps

ncvbn1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,609 602 740
Alleybux

But how would you know what my spotify playlist would look like?

Posting here isn't going to affect anybody's streaming.

Beyonce made the decision to take credit for other people's songwriting for an entire career to boost her artistic reputation.

Songwriting is melody and lyrics and absolutely nothing else. That has nothing to do with heresy or envy. Or are you suggesting that Beyonce really is responsible for lowering expectations of singer-songwriters in the music industry???

The only reason she isn't being disgraced on this fact is because she married a powerful man.

I just don't get why everybody else is scrutinized but there is a problem with scrutinizing her.

UbuTheDog

The Good Pureblood Dog. WOOF!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
37,110 4,938 1,758
Alleybux
Well, that's what you're saying by repeating that McDonald's sh!t
No, it's not.

Just because there are *SOME* talented artists on that list doesn't mean *ALL* of those talented artists are more talented than Beyonce simply because they sold more albums.

After all, Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin appeals to the same demographic who thought unseasoned chicken and frozen waffle sticks deserved a million dollar prize.

ChokeMeIdris

getting strangled
Reaction score
Reactions
27,763 1,563 519
Alleybux
You can tell even Beyonce's haters have high standards of her, which is one of the reasons why they don't like her because she intimidates them. They go easier on Rih because they don't feel there's anything to be threatened by. No one in their right mind would compare Rih to MJ, whereas with Bey, they feel deep down maybe there's some justification there for Bey to be comparable in terms of talent at least. Just an observation from someone who likes both and stans neither.

ANTIUSERNAME

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
127,640 11,232 14,342
Alleybux
No, it's not.

Just because there are *SOME* talented artists on that list doesn't mean *ALL* of those talented artists are more talented than Beyonce simply because they sold more albums.

After all, Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin appeals to the same demographic who thought unseasoned chicken and frozen waffle sticks deserved a million dollar prize.
Beyoncé's music hasn't always been the best. Everybody is talking about how great 4 is, but truly 4 is not that great, it's unfocused, some of these songs are over produce. She stepped her game up with the self title album a lil bit but the song on the album sounded outdated. The best album she has produce was Lemonade but the songs on this album just sounded decent at best. There no huge hit in the album. Same for Black is king.

It's not their fault if her music is just decent. Like, if y'all want to use this "proverb". You need to found a better artist. Even then, this only sound like you hating. How about you put your money where your mouth is ? Y'all Beyoncé's stans are so insecure. If only being able to perform could help you sell a song ... unfortunately for her and y'all, it's not.

Last edited:

ANTIUSERNAME

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
127,640 11,232 14,342
Alleybux
You can tell even Beyonce's haters have high standards of her, which is one of the reasons why they don't like her because she intimidates them. They go easier on Rih because they don't feel there's anything to be threatened by. No one in their right mind would compare Rih to MJ, whereas with Bey, they feel deep down maybe there's some justification there for Bey to be comparable in terms of talent at least. Just an observation from someone who likes both and stans neither.
Several lies was told on this post.

1/ nobody compare Beyoncé to MJ, and even when y'all are doing that, y'all have to diminish his work to compare MJ to your fav because y'all know you can not compare Bey to MJ. MJ was really the total pack, a great studio artist, a perform, could sing live, dance, a fashion Icon with his distinct fashion standing the test of time. Bey is just a good performer at best but all this jumping on stage can not help sale record.

2/ Rihanna has been criticized to the high end, so you lied about that part. Even she improved with her singing, y'all keep downplay and discredit everything she does.

You're just a hater disguised as a "hybrid" fan.

ANTIUSERNAME

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
127,640 11,232 14,342
Alleybux
Even with digital sales + streaming your mediocre fave is not the 2nd biggest selling female artist of all times
In fact she is not even top 5 or even the biggest selling female artist of this century
Even Taylor Swift outsells your bang mediocre fave

Hope this helps
Check a therapist boo. Rihanna without releasing an album took back her crown as the most certified female artist in the US. No where in the world your Taylor swift is outselling Rihanna.

ChokeMeIdris

getting strangled
Reaction score
Reactions
27,763 1,563 519
Alleybux
Several lies was told on this post.

1/ nobody compare Beyoncé to MJ, and even when y'all are doing that, y'all have to diminish his work to compare MJ to your fav because y'all know you can not compare Bey to MJ. MJ was really the total pack, a great studio artist, a perform, could sing live, dance, a fashion Icon with his distinct fashion standing the test of time. Bey is just a good performer at best but all this jumping on stage can not help sale record.

2/ Rihanna has been criticized to the high end, so you lied about that part. Even she improved with her singing, y'all keep downplay and discredit everything she does.

You're just a hater disguised as a "hybrid" fan.

See. This is why I just stay out of stan stuff. Some of y'all are crazy with no critical thinking. I don't hate Bey or Rih. They both are doing their thing and make dope music, but I'm just calling it like I see it. People put Beyonce on a pedestal, both antis and fans alike because they expect a lot from her.

Reaction score
Reactions
5,327 209 136
Alleybux
Rihanna stans are not delusional. She surpassed MJ in #1 hits and the stans will never say she is a threat to his legacy. People like to downplay Rihanna’s talent but she doesn’t give the illusion that she is more than what she is (songwriter, plays instruments). She always says “all I can do is be ME” when she gets compared to other artists. People love that about her and therefore accept her for who she is. And it explains why “Love on the Brain” a bluesy BALLAD reached top 5 on the Billboard charts without a video and why everyone is anticipating new music from her.

Beyonce hasn’t and never will be a threat to Michael. There is a reason why he is still the standard. He was better at singing, dancing/performing and records sales. The most important part of being an artist is your MUSIC! People can post all of the music videos and touring performances they want, that includes posting Michael’s. But at the end of the day, no one gives a sh!t. All people care about is the MUSIC. You can’t watch videos and tour performances while driving, can you?

This idea that Beyonce is the the “next Michael” started with Jay Z in 2011, after MJ died. Her stans took it and ran with it.

Jay-Z says wife Beyonce is 'the second coming' of Michael Jackson: Yes, he knows it's blasphemy
On one hand, it’s quite a genius strategy, actually. Its similar to the movie “Inception”. He planted an idea in people’s minds that she works just as hard as MJ. And it manifested into something more. Having her be the next Michael or the female version of him, could really do great things for her career/ legacy. The downside to this is, it opened the door for a higher level of quality she has to produce. Her singing, dancing/performances, record sales and music must be A1. In some areas she has improved but unfortunately she hasn’t fully measured up. This titled should not been bestowed upon her. People, including Jay-Z, shouldn’t have done this. Beyonce should have been allowed to be “Beyonce”, organically.

ANTIUSERNAME

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
127,640 11,232 14,342
Alleybux

See. This is why I just stay out of stan stuff. Some of y'all are crazy with no critical thinking. I don't hate Bey or Rih. They both are doing their thing and make dope music, but I'm just calling it like I see it. People put Beyonce on a pedestal, both antis and fans alike because they expect a lot from her.

This is no stan sh!t. This is just reality. Ofcourse they are doing their own thing. But you won't use Rihanna and downplay her to uplift Beyoncé. Beyoncé isn't all the way perfection when it comes to this entertainment business

ANTIUSERNAME

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
127,640 11,232 14,342
Alleybux
Rihanna stans are not delusional. She surpassed MJ in #1 hits and the stans will never say she is a threat to his legacy. People like to downplay Rihanna’s talent but she doesn’t give the illusion that she is more than what she is (songwriter, plays instruments). She always says “all I can do is be ME” when she gets compared to other artists. People love that about her and therefore accept her for who she is. And it explains why “Love on the Brain” a bluesy BALLAD reached top 5 on the Billboard charts without a video and why everyone is anticipating new music from her.

Beyonce hasn’t and never will be a threat to Michael. There is a reason why he is still the standard. He was better at singing, dancing/performing and records sales. The most important part of being an artist is your MUSIC! People can post all of the music videos and touring performances they want, that includes posting Michael’s. But at the end of the day, no one gives a sh!t. All people care about is the MUSIC. You can’t watch videos and tour performances while driving, can you?

This idea that Beyonce is the the “next Michael” started with Jay Z in 2011, after MJ died. Her stans took it and ran with it.

Jay-Z says wife Beyonce is 'the second coming' of Michael Jackson: Yes, he knows it's blasphemy
On one hand, it’s quite a genius strategy, actually. Its similar to the movie “Inception”. He planted an idea in people’s minds that she works just as hard as MJ. And it manifested into something more. Having her be the next Michael or the female version of him, could really do great things for her career/ legacy. The downside to this is, it opened the door for a higher level of quality she has to produce. Her singing, dancing/performances, record sales and music must be A1. In some areas she has improved but unfortunately she hasn’t fully measured up. This titled should not been bestowed upon her. People, including Jay-Z, shouldn’t have done this. Beyonce should have been allowed to be “Beyonce”, organically.
All of this.

Reaction score
Reactions
15,357 1,375 2,162
Alleybux

This should end the thread.

jackson90

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
65,777 7,520 26,139
Alleybux
Check a therapist boo. Rihanna without releasing an album took back her crown as the most certified female artist in the US. No where in the world your Taylor swift is outselling Rihanna.
i know that you are mad and pressed by Taylor's success
Taylor outsells your mediocre fave in pure sales
she almost outachieved your fave in almost every category
you will always be mad about it

Hope this helps

ANTIUSERNAME

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
127,640 11,232 14,342
Alleybux
i know that you are mad and pressed by Taylor's success
Taylor outsells your mediocre fave in pure sales
she almost outachieved your fave in almost every category
you will always be mad about it

Hope this helps
It's all in your head boo. I asked you what was her impact, you couldn't post sh!t. Save your "hope this help" post for another poster

Last edited:

40 Acres and a MULE

Madonna, JT, Elvis benefited from white privilege!
Reaction score
Reactions
157,083 9,092 2,094
Alleybux

Impressive