Status
Not open for further replies.

Mint

manic pixie it girl
Reaction score
Reactions
79,944 2,313 680
Alleybux
I dunno. I was feeling those first 40 seconds. I had to shut it off as soon as the actual song started though. :emoji_thinking:
i think i could warm up to it but it’s not good. i’m scared to listen to Birthday Party because the member list has me doubting its quality.

edit: not this sounding like the actual song

Last edited:

Covfefe

In the end, we win.
Reaction score
Reactions
373,926 25,005 3,031
Alleybux
i think i could warm up to it but it’s not good. i’m scared to listen to Birthday Party because the member list has me doubting its quality.

:laugh2 I think it'll sound a lot better once we hear it high quality.

JYSAGT

***Peace, Love & Light***
Reaction score
Reactions
50,015 1,502 425
Alleybux
I dunno. I was feeling those first 40 seconds. I had to shut it off as soon as the actual song started though. :emoji_thinking:
The initial beat drop…FIRE! The rest after Haechan’s part…

7AADB708-5BBD-4D8E-AE98-8D8DFA676C57.jpeg

A Hiromi May

The Daydreamer
Reaction score
Reactions
51,192 624 51
Alleybux
Kai's second album is forgettable after 1 listen. However, I will say that I wish they would use more aspects of their own culture in music videos. I enjoy looking at traditional clothing. I think hanboks are pretty. I like the modern spin on them particular the skirts.

From memory:
Lay did in his "Lit" video, BigBang--umm :disdain--and now Kai with his "Peaches".

Yahs Ten

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,801 71 5
Alleybux

But why Timmy song sound better than 60% of the kpop songs released this year :unsure:...

naturalistababy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,815 189 39
Alleybux
ATEEZ Hongjoong? He gets made fun of for the bad covers he made. Don't group him in with these offenders.
I don't know about lumping him in with the others, then again I don't know much about previous gens except todays cancellable offenses would fly back then. Are you saying Hongjoong did not receive any heat at all in this forum for his cornrows?

I could understand if the litmus test is "we only dislike people who don't apologize" (makes sense). he would be considered fine since his company released cultural appropriation statement/ sorry. But a lot of celebrities who get praised here would not even pass that check...

If the litmus test is to hate any sign of shade towards black culture or colourism (perhaps an extreme, but again there is a logic to follow) this thread would be nearly empty, with the few artists that remain would be pending a deleted tweet from 2013 from being nixxed.

Before y'all start with me this fine Wednesday, my spotify is chock full of groups with dirt on them (SKZ-> i've openly, discussed their problems at length, BTS, Ateez, Enhypen, NCT127) so no, my comment is not a case of throwing one artist under the bus to make another look better. I would not like any of em' (Hongjoong included) if I thought their actions were irredeemable.
Yes some fonts do be cherry picking what they wanna be mad about
I'm starting to think you are onto something...

To bring it back to original topic with Giselle
I’m confused as to why y’all praise groups like BTS, NCT + others on this page (who have yet to apologize for their MANY wrong doings) but are coming after Giselle who took accountability and apologized the very next day…
If your point is to address the selective justice/ outrage in the forum and not excusing n word, that is something I can get behind.

To be blunt I'm not a fan of any these people saying the word whether they lean in extra hard in Giselles case or they mouth it quietly, cornrows/ box braids/ dreads, colourism stuff, etc. Apologies are better than nothing but I wish these celebs would just... not do that in the first place. These things feel like a nuisance since I hopped back into to kpop for laughs, a lil break from a** and t*tties music, but mainly for bread and circuses. Barring truly reprehensible behavior, most of the time I don't want to think about if x celebrity kpop or otherwise has been cancelled if they have content that I like.

TWEET TOMLIN

HAUPTÜBUNGSLEITERIN
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
1,077,461 42,715 6,195
Alleybux
So I completely missed Tae & 'em having their personal IGs and you wanna know how I learned of it? Because Jennie trended and has been getting harrassed because of an "accidental" follow by V.
THEEEEEEE fµck!? Those fans are fµck!ng lunatics and the fact that no one from BH or BTS ever speaks out against their fuckery is disgusting. They hold so much power of those psychos that follow them, but they never use it for anything good. :eyeroll

Ps. I'm sure all of this has been discussed, but I just had to vent real quick. :peace

lurker19

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,494 99 30
Alleybux
I’m confused as to why y’all praise groups like BTS, NCT + others on this page (who have yet to apologize for their MANY wrong doings) but are coming after Giselle who took accountability and apologized the very next day…
To tell the truth Giselle singing the n word wouldn't bother me because it's just part of the lyrics. What pissed me off was that she leaned in and had a smile on her face while she was singing it. She was too happy about it. That's so off putting to me and I can't unsee it.
the nct kdrama just keeps getting better and i think we all know who's responsible

lucas-nct-smile-gif-19015832.gif

lucas had to remind nct that he still had shooters around
Minho Jr. might not have had much talent but he understood how to use the spotlight that was given to him. When he arrived NCT already had more than a dozen people and yet Minho Jr. had so much personality to match his good looks that he still became 1 of the most popular members very quickly. And he could probably do the same here in America if it wasn't for the language barrier. If he ever comes back I hope he doesn't tone himself down at all.

Covfefe

In the end, we win.
Reaction score
Reactions
373,926 25,005 3,031
Alleybux
mark didnt go too crazy with the blaccent, that's a win, lets celebrate to that.

Are you trying to say that you aren't a fan of his iconic "AYO LISTEN UP!!! We GON resonate RESONATE"

EGEzrUGWoAA5aY_.jpg

Speaking of AYO, do you guys think we'll ever get some Ayo Technology type bops from NCT?

NakdScorpio

Money Money Money!!
Reaction score
Reactions
38,101 840 165
Alleybux
Wait a damn minute... What did he do???

Girl Jooheon has a laundry list of things.

• Said the n-word on the show No Mercy
  • Went on another show and said ALL BLACK men speak "street/ghetto"
-Mimic black men (black accent)
-Said something that his stage name was going to be "black honey" or "black" something. Because he liked black people or something like that. Don't remember.

I was disappointed. I really liked Monsta X and I was gonna stan them. But I'm more of a casual listener.

IrenicLotus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
35,491 1,099 327
Alleybux
Girl Jooheon has a laundry list of things.

• Said the n-word on the show No Mercy
  • Went on another show and said ALL BLACK men speak "street/ghetto"
-Mimic black men (black accent)
-Said something that his stage name was going to be "black honey" or "black" something. Because he liked black people or something like that. Don't remember.

I was disappointed. I really liked Monsta X and I was gonna stan them. But I'm more of a casual listener.
To be honest stuff like this never surprises me. I mean these are Asians we’re talking about here.
It’s safe to assume a good 90% of idols have problematic views, but as a fan you kind of hope they are never exposed so you can keep living in delusions.

ohmylove

femcel era
Reaction score
Reactions
39,137 1,446 130
Alleybux
imagine if fantagio didn’t fµck up with weki meki, DOYEON WOULD BE THE IT GIRL OF KOREA AS SHE SHOULD!!

funny how they didn’t fµck up with astro tho hmmmmmm

OiseNoire27

Sweet and Spicy
Reaction score
Reactions
36,798 1,048 57
Alleybux
I just found out that Wonder Girl's Hye Rim is pregnant! I'm so happy for her! From the clips I've seen of her and her husband, they seem like a well-adjusted couple and are unapologetic about their relationship (and making a coin off of it). I wish she got to make her mark while in WG, but it's great that she seems to be enjoying her life. :happy

Jaydaybay

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
5,140 130 6
Alleybux

Couldn't keep this in the private...
Because he is finally :emoji_clap: giving :emoji_clap: us :emoji_clap:what:emoji_clap:we :emoji_clap: deserve

evelyn-lozada-smacking.gif
not buying the photo book tho, but good for him

M S H

Mrs Son Hyunwoo
Reaction score
Reactions
38,988 908 240
Alleybux
How TF they have a MX movie and not a single second of Shownu in it. And Eshy greasy fat ass is credited for it apparently. Idk why they keep working with his lardy ass.

Anyways

Dat Tea
Reaction score
Reactions
14,773 227 106
Alleybux
To be honest stuff like this never surprises me. I mean these are Asians we're talking about here. It’s safe to assume a good 90% of idols have problematic views, but as a fan you kind of hope they are never exposed so you can keep living in delusions.

Vibe checked failed. I don't give 1 fµck. Most black people have enough sense to slant their eyes, say "ching chong", do fake ass karate moves to any Asian person period because we are aware those things are offensive. Asians get NO pass with their fast internet and ability to swaggerjack BLACK dances and songs within nanoseconds. They know what they doing but don't care.

Jaehyun's drama being cancelled is for the best anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.