Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
146,920 2,503 1,116
Alleybux
Cg5FOIUWwAAT5hF.jpg

Family: Georgia State University student missing after Uber ride
6:32 p.m. April 25 by Rodney Thrash / The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Priester was headed from Georgia State’s downtown Atlanta campus to Dacula in an Uber, her family said.
The family of a missing Georgia State University student is asking for help finding her.

Jacqueline VanLoo-Al Kush has not heard from her 21-year-old daughter since she returned a missed call Friday night.
“‘Mom, I saw you called,’” missing Georgia State student Monique Priester told VanLoo-Al Kush in their last conversation about 6:15 p.m. Friday. “‘Everything OK?’ I was like, ‘Yeah. Where are you?’”

Priester, 21, told her mother she was on the university’s downtown Atlanta campus and planning to catch an Uber back to the family’s Dacula home. She’d taken one from Gwinnett County to Georgia State earlier in the day without incident. On the return trip, she said she was going to ride with other people, according to Channel 2 Action News.
“It was cheaper to do a shared Uber,” friend Darren Howard told the television station.
Priester never made it home and her cellphone goes straight to voicemail.
When her family contacted Uber, the car-sharing service told them they needed a subpoena to release information about the ride, according to Channel 2. In a statement, Uber officials said they were working with investigators to provide any assistance to get Priester back home as soon as possible.

Priester suffers from depression and anxiety disorder and is on medication, her mother told television station.
Though details of the missing person’s report are not available, police said they have no reason to suspect foul play in the woman’s disappearance, Channel 2 reported.
Family and friends don’t believe Priester, who only had a gray tank top, shorts, a backpack and a laptop, just left home.
“That doesn’t sound like Mo,” said Howard, who passed out fliers Monday with photos of his friend. “That doesn’t make any sense.”

This is so weird and scary to me. I take Uber 3-4 times a week. I hope the girl is found and safe. I hope she just wanted some time to herself and decided to escape. I don't see what could have happened. Uber uses GPS and cell towers to track location. Unless whoever took the location off. These are sad times we live in.

Aps

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,061 105 42
Alleybux
Oh lord. Hope she is found safe.

jeansaprincess

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic;
Reaction score
Reactions
100,254 8,042 3,966
Alleybux
Uber is dangerous. It is NOT just like taking a cab. A friend of my sister's daughter went out of town and ended up arguing with a friend who was driving to a party. She called an Uber. When she got in and sparked up a conversation with the guy and told him how her trip was going, she looked up and they were at his home. this guy asked that she come in and tell him a little more about her trip. She did not get out but demanded he take her to her room. It was creepy.

Sunshine8

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,596 748 154
Alleybux
Crazy. I hope she is safe and found. Uber isn't safe. I heard they don't do background checks. I have taken Lyft before.

hershey sweet

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,318 770 166
Alleybux
I am praying for this woman and her family. Wonder what the Uber driver's story is.

Flamesss

Starter
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I'm a country negro, I dont even know if we have Uber here but from what I hear that sh!t is ********. Random ass people picking you up who signed up online? :e1_25:

talking2much

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
227,893 5,300 768
Alleybux
This kind of stuff is every parent's nightmare. I tell my daughter that whenever she takes a cab to take a pic of the license plate and send a pic of it ASAP, (just in case) you just never know. I always call her during the trip or keep her on the line as she's getting in, so that whoever's driving know that she's having a conversation. We make it known she's in a cab we make the conversation totally obvious (to the driver who's listening) so she's on the other end saying "Oh yeah, the cab just picked me up at blah, blah, blah."

peppercorn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
74,586 1,966 138
Alleybux
Uber is dangerous. It is NOT just like taking a cab. A friend of my sister's daughter went out of town and ended up arguing with a friend who was driving to a party. She called an Uber. When she got in and sparked up a conversation with the guy and told him how her trip was going, she looked up and they were at his home. this guy asked that she come in and tell him a little more about her trip. She did not get out but demanded he take her to her room. It was creepy.

I hope they reported the driver.

Glad nothing happened to her, and glad the missing young lady was found safe.

Mavis Gary

Young Adult
Reaction score
Reactions
69,359 1,698 714
Alleybux
she was found safe, and did not disappear under suspicious circumstances.

which just begs the question what the hell happened?

did she realize she's not graduating and ran away?

http://v103.cbslocal.com/2016/04/27/gsu-student-found-safe/

Monique Priester, the 21 year old Georgia State University sophomore reported as missing, has been located. Her mother had contacted police after Monique, who&#8217;d taken Uber from Atlanta last Friday, never made it back home to Dacula. According to Jacqueline Van Loo-Al Kush, authorities say that her daughter has been located, and &#8220;at this time, she wants to stay where she is.&#8221; She says she&#8217;s not sure why Monique would refuse to come home, &#8220;if she needs time away from home for whatever reason, my only concern is that she&#8217;s alive.&#8221;

JoanClayton

Team Owner
SUPER MODERATOR
Reaction score
Reactions
244,041 2,760 187
Alleybux
I understand the need for space, truly I do, but I really don't think it's fair she did this to her family. At least tell them that you need time for yourself instead of having your mother worry you're dead in a ditch somewhere. And what if she'd taken an Uber and the authorities ended up questioning the driver or arresting him? You have to think about the consequences of your actions.

knot12gossip

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
2,447 231 24
Alleybux
Uber is turning into a Craigslist, everytime you turn around some Uber driver is in the public for something.

I thought about trying to use Uber a few months back but, changed my mind, I like my private you to much. I pray that she OK, and there's no foul play.

Eta: just saw the links that she's safe. Now mom's just gotta whoop that azz for having everyone think the worst. I am glad she safe tho.

Sent from my DROID Turbo64 via Tapatalk

Laaaayla

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
146,920 2,503 1,116
Alleybux
she was found safe, and did not disappear under suspicious circumstances.

which just begs the question what the hell happened?

did she realize she's not graduating and ran away?

http://v103.cbslocal.com/2016/04/27/gsu-student-found-safe/

I'm glad she was found but I really hope it wasn't that. That happened with a dude the year I graduated. He let his family travel across the country let them go to graduation activities then the night before graduation dude drove his car to the Marta station and got on Marta and hid out. For like a week everyone was looking for him trying to find him etc etc and finally he called his parents like I was embarrassed because I wouldn't be graduating it was sickening