Quantcast

Attack on Titan Manga Discuss: Bring y'alls butts here!!

AdoreMel

A Plain Jane thirsty for tea
Reaction score
Reactions
22,579 688 49
Alleybux
Official art
E0uuHnPWQAsGjsB
1620407330078.png

Blerdyspice

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
548 1
Alleybux
Link to interview with Isayama translated by Japanese fan:

Last edited:

Feitan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,552 3,424 1,529
Alleybux
why did people ship erehisu? It’s obvious the reason why eren needed her was because of genocide. And she ate zeke to not be a beast Titan.

SPICYHOTBEEF

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,502 73 1
Alleybux
why did people ship erehisu? It’s obvious the reason why eren needed her was because of genocide. And she ate zeke to not be a beast Titan.

I used to ship Erehisu way back in season 2 or something because they had their moments. But I never believed Eren would knock her up and do Mikasa like that, even if it was out of necessity. Historia wouldn't do that to Mikasa either, they're good friends and girl has ALWAYS stayed in her lane, either with Ymir or farmer-kun.

37d1f953a9a4d8eac660f2d26f24de82.gif

I actually like Historia's arc post-timeskip. A lot of people say she was underused but her arc has already peaked when she became queen. Her being a plot device post-timeskip doesn't diminish her character development, it actually adds more to it. Remember Ymir always telling her to live life with pride? To do things out of her own will and not because people expect her to. Historia deciding to become pregnant was a fµck you to an entire country that wanted to turn her into a titan and birth as many royal babies as she can, in a shortened lifespan of 13 years. I don't see why people pity her because that was an empowering choice rather than an oppressive one. For once Historia took charge of her life instead of being used as a political pawn.

Also I think the question here is not "who is the father?" but rather "did Yelena influence Historia's decision like the MPs speculated or was it Historia's idea all along?" This tweet really got me thinking:

wefsxczzc.png

Either way, it was implied that she already had a relationship with the farmer, because if not it wouldn't be such a feasible option for her. What I don't understand is why Yams would make the farmer a former bully when he could just be a regular ol' farmhand who liked her :arrogant That he was remorseful of his actions and stayed toiling in the farm to make up for what he did in the past won't convince people that he's good enough for her. Now you got people thinking Historia looks depressed here because she's carrying her bully's baby, and not because her selfish decision to preserve her own life resulted in Eren successfully doing the Rumbling.

Historia-is-Pregnant.jpg

Blerdyspice

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
548 1
Alleybux
I think people really liked their dynamic during the Uprising arc. Also, because she's a stereotypical "cute" character and it's popular to ship cute characters with the MC. Although I never personally saw it as anything romantic, I think people used that as a reason to ship. And I could understand where they are coming from; I liked their dynamic myself, but only saw it as platonic. If anything, her relationship with Ymir was the deepest bond she had that was emphasized over and over and potentially romantic.

But I agree with you and what Spicy said above, people thinking the pregnancy thing and Eren being the dad was too much of a stretch not consistent with the characters or the plot.

This thread explains some of my thoughts on that whole debacle. And I also agreed that Historia made the best decision she had for herself. That whole chapter was about Eren planning for the genocide, not some random romantic escapade that had no romance tone at all, but rather tragedy. It also shows Eren preparing to be the monster he knew he'd need to become to move forward with the fate of the genocide.

ms.penny_lane

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,566 1,431 46
Alleybux
Eren really manipulated her huh?

Those shippers misinterpreted that E/H convo and twisted it to be romantic when it never meant to be romantic. That whole convo was very manipulative and Eren used "worst girl in the world' line to guilt trip Historia.

I think Eren need Historia for the protection of his friends when decided to start genocide. Notice after Eren's death Jean and Connie's families went into Queen Historia' protective custody or how Mikasa stay on Paradis without people bothering her. Eren had Historia be a shield for the Alliance and their families cause yeagerists are still mad about them killing Eren. Even in death Eren protecting his love ones and friends.

Also people forget that Eren had manipulated Grisha to killing Historia's whole family just for him to get the Founding Titans. He killed her sister Frieda who was very close to Historia and the only one that actually loved & care for her.

tumblr_pxcfwzHcDJ1sb6epfo1_1280.gifv

ms.penny_lane

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,566 1,431 46
Alleybux
I think people really liked their dynamic during the Uprising arc. Also, because she's a stereotypical "cute" character and it's popular to ship cute characters with the MC. Although I never personally saw it as anything romantic, I think people used that as a reason to ship. And I could understand where they are coming from; I liked their dynamic myself, but only saw it as platonic. If anything, her relationship with Ymir was the deepest bond she had that was emphasized over and over and potentially romantic.

But I agree with you and what Spicy said above, people thinking the pregnancy thing and Eren being the dad was too much of a stretch not consistent with the characters or the plot.

This thread explains some of my thoughts on that whole debacle. And I also agreed that Historia made the best decision she had for herself. That whole chapter was about Eren planning for the genocide, not some random romantic escapade that had no romance tone at all, but rather tragedy. It also shows Eren preparing to be the monster he knew he'd need to become to move forward with the fate of the genocide.

Isayama did said he created Krista/Historia to be fan service her sole purpose was just going to the "cute" girl but then thought she was annoying so he later made "Queen/Historia" persona.

Blerdyspice

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
548 1
Alleybux
I don't believe leaks until I see it for myself, but I will say that if she has a husband and kids I would LOVE that. It wouldn't invalidate her love for Eren (whose dead, y'know?) , and also give us even more closure for her.

The other leaks coming out and that people are raising a shitshow storm about has me WEAK though :ROFLMAO:Leaks usually end up being fake, or they end up being half-truths that are out of context and end up making sense. We will never learn

Feitan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,552 3,424 1,529
Alleybux
If any Titan shifters are alive (Reiner, Annie, Armin, Pieck) then the leaks are fake. Because Reiner, Pieck and Annie only had 1 year left before the curse ended.

Camillababy

¡ 敗者~ 私はこの世界で一人ぼっちです~ よそ者 !
Reaction score
Reactions
13,043 665 141
Alleybux
If any Titan shifters are alive (Reiner, Annie, Armin, Pieck) then the leaks are fake. Because Reiner, Pieck and Annie only had 1 year left before the curse ended.
Some are saying that the worm attached itself to another race, so while Titans have been revived, Eldians themselves no longer deal with the curse.

ms.penny_lane

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,566 1,431 46
Alleybux
I think those leaks are fake it made everything in the story pointless. Also those leaks are a whole month early before the official release. Official leaks don't come out till a few of days before official releases. People should take those leaks with a huge grain of salt.

Blerdyspice

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
548 1
Alleybux
I think those leaks are fake it made everything in the story pointless. Also those leaks are a whole month early before the official release. Official leaks don't come out till a few of days before official releases. People should take those leaks with a huge grain of salt.

I'm in agreement with you. Even when leaks are "true", they are literally half truths out of context. If any of those things that are "leaked" do occur, I am willing to bet this is happening during Eren and Armin's conversation, with Eren elaborating more on what he believed would have happened if he didn't go with the rumbling. Paradis being destroyed, the titan curse still existing, and Mikasa with another man...things Eren does not want to happen. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense. The recent interview, Isayama stated that he wanted to clarify things already IN the story, and that Eren and Armin's conversation was something he wishes he wrote better. Having more explanation on where Eren was coming from and what visions he went through would be an addition. I think the ending with Mikasa and the tree is the exact same, with maybe an additional page showing EMA running to the tree, which was also mentioned in the interview being what he wanted to draw (unless he used that for the cover instead). There's not enough pages OR logic for this extra, new stuff to make sense outside of clarifying Eren's thoughts. Also, the pages are probably going to include the High School AU. I'm honestly not worried one bit and I don't understand how anyone else could be.

Gigigg

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,784 253 82
Alleybux
Zekken ( the person who leaks the chapters) is never wrong lmao but because he’s a mandarin speaker it doesn’t translate as well to English so mfs blow it out of proportion So I believe in the leaks but I think it’s just an alternative reality that Eren showed to Armin and why he had to do the rumbling.

Feitan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,552 3,424 1,529
Alleybux
Zekken ( the person who leaks the chapters) is never wrong lmao but because he’s a mandarin speaker it doesn’t translate as well to English so mfs blow it out of proportion So I believe in the leaks but I think it’s just an alternative reality that Eren showed to Armin and why he had to do the rumbling.
I thought so too. He said he isn’t changing it

SPICYHOTBEEF

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,502 73 1
Alleybux
Nah you can't tell me Paradis gets destroyed and the titan powers still exist!

giphy.gif

That completely invalidates the entire series and changes the message of the ending! It's basically saying omnicide is the only way to achieve peace. The entire premise of the final arc is "getting out of the woods" and choosing to end the cycle of war and hatred by acknowledging the past, forgiving each other, and moving towards a common goal of peace. Might seem idealistic but it's possible. If those leaks are real then Isayama is a MASSIVE troll.

Last edited:

Kingdom84

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,217 4 4
Alleybux
I think things have been taken out of proper context
Here are more thorough leaks. Take it or leave it:

I would be thrilled if these were true. As Eren wishes, Mikasa seems to have gone on to live a full life surrounded by her children and grand children. If her husband is Jean then awesome. No surprise there. Obviously Eren will always be her one true love but people move on. I wish we could see how Armin, Connie, Levi, Historia, warriors fared as well. And the reaction from some shippers like Eremikas and Rivamikas is funny too. Some are actually upset at notion of Mikasa moving on and getting married? Why?
And maybe she and Eren can live a life together in their supposed reborn/reincarnated lives [/spoilers]

Last edited:

Blerdyspice

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
548 1
Alleybux
I think things have been taken out of proper context
Here are more thorough leaks. Take it or leave it:

I would be thrilled if these were true. As Eren wishes, Mikasa seems to have gone on to live a full life surrounded by her children and grand children. If her husband is Jean then awesome. No surprise there. Obviously Eren will always be her one true love but people move on. I wish we could see how Armin, Connie, Levi, Historia, warriors fared as well. And the reaction from some shippers like Eremikas and Rivamikas is funny too. Some are actually upset at notion of Mikasa moving on and getting married? Why?
And maybe she and Eren can live a life together in their supposed reborn/reincarnated lives [/spoilers]

Yeah the reactions of Eremika's and Rivamika's (if any of this is true) have been cringe, and I say this as someone who "ships" Eremika, always will and loves everything about their dynamic. I'm happy at the idea that she ends up with a family. THOUGH I will say, I personally hope it's not Jean and I actually want it to be a random person. Nothing against Jean, I love him, but that would be a NO for me and I would purposefully ignore that and pretend her husband is Hizuran or a brother from Onyankopon's country LMAO. and I promise this is nothing against Jeankasa's :whistle:

Last edited:

ReineOnyx

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,187 68 1
Alleybux
Yeah the reactions of Eremika's and Rivamika's (if any of this is true) have been cringe, and I say this as someone who "ships" Eremika, always will and loves everything about their dynamic. I'm happy at the idea that she ends up with a family. THOUGH I will say, I personally hope it's not Jean and I actually want it to be a random person. Nothing against Jean, I love him, but that would be a NO for me and I would purposefully ignore that and pretend her husband is Hizuran or a brother from Onyankopon's country LMAO. and I promise this is nothing against Jeankasa's :whistle:
I don't mind shipping, it's supposed to be fun but this fandom takes it to the extreme. I've seen people cuss each other out because someone ships something else. I wonder how old these people are with the way they react to these fictional animated parings.

I like that Mikasa might end up with someone else. She always wanted a quiet life with a family. I agree with you that it would be more realistic if she ended up with an unknown character instead of Jean. He is a major character that she has had no interest in and there has been no build up with. Most people tend to focus on Jean's feelings instead of Mikasa.

Blerdyspice

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
548 1
Alleybux
I don't mind shipping, it's supposed to be fun but this fandom takes it to the extreme. I've seen people cuss each other out because someone ships something else. I wonder how old these people are with the way they react to these fictional animated parings.

I like that Mikasa might end up with someone else. She always wanted a quiet life with a family. I agree with you that it would be more realistic if she ended up with an unknown character instead of Jean. He is a major character that she has had no interest in and there has been no build up with. Most people tend to focus on Jean's feelings instead of Mikasa.

Yeah that's kind of the sentiment I have as well. It would also seem like Jean was second choice just because he happened to be a character who had a cute crush on her, even if we're shown that she never returned it. To me it wouldn't feel natural coming from Mikasa's part and it wouldn't be fair to Jean's character also lol. He's cute so he could get anyone. That's why an unknown side character who we assume Mikasa met on her journey of healing would be more believable to me. I am still thinking and hoping it's an unknown character.

Side note, my official theme song for Mikasa is Erykah Badu's "Next lifetime" lol. That is her and Eren's song, except the context is that she loves him but he's dead :weary_face:

Kingdom84

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,217 4 4
Alleybux
It’s a bit funny though, isn’t there some old interview where the interviewer ask if Mikasa would end up with Jean if Eren died and Isayama doesn’t give an answer, lol.
The man is apparently not shown from the front so I guess we can all use our imagination.
Look at Mikasa and Historia both marrying and having kids with faceless men
Their children must have faceless-nameless dad play dates.

ms.penny_lane

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,566 1,431 46
Alleybux
From the leaks Attack on Titan Highschool caste. In the highschool AU its reveal Attack on Titan was just a movie EMA was watching. Also the author joke about his critics.

E1J6OK_VgAM2hH6

SPICYHOTBEEF

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,502 73 1
Alleybux
I like that Mikasa might end up with someone else. She always wanted a quiet life with a family.

I agree with this. Mikasa's ideal life has always been about family, home, and comfort. If it wasn't, her Paths dream with Eren would be entirely different, and her entire character wouldn't be about protecting the last remaining family she has left. To her, Eren IS home. Which makes her heroic sacrifice even more tragic.

I see a lot of people happy for Mikasa but disappointed in the trajectory of her character. There's a whole subset of Mikasa fans wanting her to be a ruler of Hizuru. I mean that's cool and all, but that's entirely out of character for her. If Mikasa wanted to get involved in politics, then she would have been with the rest of the alliance on that boat. But nah, Armin knew Mikasa wanted nothing to do with it so he took Eren's murder upon himself so Mikasa can be left alone to mourn and heal. Besides it was already established that she'd rather spend her life in Paradis, the land she was born and raised, and Kiyomi accepted that.

Getting married, becoming a mother, and choosing to live a quiet life does not make her any less of an empowered woman than becoming head of state. Her character growth might have come in late since it holds the key to ending AOT's story but it was perfect and bittersweet. She's truly one of the best characters and to see her become this fandom's punching bag is really sad to see.

Szorsha04

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
945 59 66
Alleybux
I'm confused. Are these alleged leaks about an alternative reality that Eren showed Armin? Because I thought Yams said that he's not changing the ending, that the additional pages will explain some already published stuff better....skyscrapers and cars nah this doesn't make any sence.

SPICYHOTBEEF

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,502 73 1
Alleybux
I'm confused. Are these alleged leaks about an alternative reality that Eren showed Armin? Because I thought Yams said that he's not changing the ending, that the additional pages will explain some already published stuff better....skyscrapers and cars nah this doesn't make any sence.

From what I understand Paradis getting destroyed in a civil war with titan powers still around is an imagined scenario Eren tells Armin during their Paths conversation. He tells him what eventually happens if they don't stop and kill him. Probably panels showing Eren's thoughts, like those flashbacks of Grisha telling him the moment he was born that he is free.

Paradis with skyscrapers and cars is probably another timeskip implying the Alliance's peace mission succeeded. The rest of the world did not declare war on Paradis and vice versa, so Paradis flourished and became technologically advanced with Azumabito's support.

Of course all this assuming the leaks are real and not totally made up.

Szorsha04

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
945 59 66
Alleybux
I'm holding onto the theory that this is an au ála Eren until comfirmed otherwise....Yams you said the ending is not changing!:sob:
This and a romcom about EM beforehand...naw dawg this just doesn't add up:clown

Apricity

queen of the pirates
Reaction score
Reactions
17,892 684 35
Alleybux
What da fawk is going on here? Mikasa marries Jean? EreMika is getting a rom-com? They stacking skyscrapers on tiny ass Paradis? And on top of that, I'm out here looking stupid af for thinking EreHisu was cute. I just really loved their dynamic and little conversations with each other but he screwed her over the same way he did with everyone else! Even worse if we're being honest here with the way he killed Frieda. It was necessary but that was essentially the only true family Historia had. I never noticed how scared and confused she looked during that "worst girl in the world" convo. I just kind of read it for what it was/zoomed through it unlike those crazies on inceldotcom Reddit. I still hate the fact that Yams had her starting a family with some fool who bullied her and threw rocks at her when they were younger 'cause bro wtf? He could have just been a humble farmer who caught Historia's eye or they were actual, genuine childhood friends. Basically not that bs lol. At this point, I just want to know why tf her kid looks like Armin.

So many of the women in AOT were done dirty asf. Especially Hange. To this day, what do we actually know about her past? I couldn't tell you a single thing about before she was introduced and I find that irritating since Erwin and Levi got such fleshed out backstories. She also basically died for no reason which makes me mad but we move.

Last edited:

Kingdom84

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,217 4 4
Alleybux
If she married Jean then good for her. If these leaks are true I’m satisfied with Mikasa’s fate. Jean has always supported her. I mean Jean>childhood bully who threw rocks which is what Histitoria allegedly ended up marrying.