Quantcast

Australian Aborginals describe how their life was before interaction with white people

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,622 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
There is nothing more racists, condesecending and evil when white people say that indigenous people should be thankful for living better than ever lived thanks to colonization and slavery. Yes we have white people who carry that mindset.

An Australian aborginal woman describes her people and their lives before interaction with white people.

• We had no clothes, just a few tools, spear and spear thrower. We lived on the earth naked, women, children, everybody, we were satisfied with life.
  • We were strong and healthy, we ate bush meat, people did not get sick. Various foods from meat, grasseeds, figs etc
  • What we ate kept us healthy.
  • Then one day as a child, I saw camels and I ran in fear and I saw white people and I was so shocked with how light they were and there were aboriginal men.
  • The whites had the aboriginal man interact with us and the white man asked if we were okay.
  • We were fearful but they told it it was okay, they sat with us, gave us food.
  • They offered meats in tin can our people took it but hid it behind them and buried it.
  • White man asks what happened to the food and found out they buried it.
  • White man says "no don't do that it's good food, try it!"
  • They showed is different food from flour, jam etc
  • We were thinking this is what we should be eating.
  • They took the aboriginals to their residences, introduced them to sugars, pastries, water.
  • They started to get sick, pneumonia, etc
  • Our people started to die including our older people.
  • My blood sugar was out of control, I was eating too much cakes etc cause it is was so good.
  • Then after not feeling well, I decided to change my diet, more water, less tea, she went back to ways of how her people ate and she felt better and her blood sugar went down.

ReclaimPurpose

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,485 14
Alleybux
there was a documentary on nflix about food and they did highlight how pretty much all the health problems in indigenous communities come from mass produced foods filled with sugar and chemicals. it just was ironic that it was a white non profit telling indigenous people to go back to what they were eating before their land was stolen and they were forced into poverty, and by extension forced into eating low quality food all because of the yt people. ouroborous of bµllsh!t smh.

ilikebeer12345

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,240 3,219 2,744
Alleybux
I mean

Completely naked tho???? WTF

Im giving them the sideye for that.

Everybody else knew how to put on clothes.... I mean Indians ( native Americans ) all the civilizations before the white man came....

Why were yall naked?

THE GENERAL

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
Reaction score
Reactions
428,768 17,528 10,026
Alleybux
Funny how WE were considered primitive cultures but literally everything that comes from their societies causes illnesses. We were and are at our best health when we practice traditional aspects.

all the skeptical are coming from non-Black trolls that hate hearing THEIR cultures are the primitive ones. Explain the high amount of health problems in western society????

Last edited:

BestFwends

Rent free. Nuke Islamic states & ban Islam.
Reaction score
Reactions
16,548 1,198 2,154
Alleybux
Why is this in the Black History forum?
They are like the Native Americans of Austrailia. I hope y'all don't think they're Black. People on here weirdly like to claim indigenous people for whatever reason. @ilikebeer12345 They were naked because they were primitive people.

Harriet_Thugman

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,537 1,743 286
Alleybux
I mean

Completely naked tho???? WTF

Im giving them the sideye for that.

Everybody else knew how to put on clothes.... I mean Indians ( native Americans ) all the civilizations before the white man came....

Why were yall naked?

I take it you are unaware of the climate in Australia. Or should I say where her people were located in Australia. They weren't the only ones that went nude.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,622 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Funny how WE were considered primitive cultures but literally everything that comes from their societies causes illnesses. We were and are at our best health when we practice traditional aspects.

all the skeptical are coming from non-Black trolls that hate hearing THEIR cultures are the primitive ones. Explain the high amount of health problems in western society????

White society is anti-creator, everything they touch they destory. They have no respect for life and some of them have admitted why they act the way they act. Our lives may look better but we are worse off cause the earth is polluted. We could drink out of any fresh water river 500 years ago, now we can't.

Ernada

High IQ-ER KO's Kangaroo
Reaction score
Reactions
237,467 21,165 10,194
Alleybux
They are like the Native Americans of Austrailia. I hope y'all don't think they're Black. People on here weirdly like to claim indigenous people for whatever reason. @ilikebeer12345 They were naked because they were primitive people.
They are considered black in the Australian context and many of them do consider themselves to be black and are considered black by many other black people.

I know on LSA there is a debate on this, but it does not extend over into the real world.

Australian blacks had a vibrant black power movement going back to the 60s and 70s.
2014-0233-13-05-14~1.jpg

They even have this slogan
20150126-melbourne-city-467.jpg

"White Australia has a black history"

And I'll add this is not recent.

"The term "black" has been used to refer to Indigenous Australians since European settlement.[27]"
wiki with source to news articles of the 1820s where the European settlers and official government refer to Aboriginal Australians as black people.

"
[By His Excellency Colonel George
Arthur, Lieutenant Governor
of the Island of Van Diemen's
Land and its Dependencies.]
A PROCLAMATION.
WHEREAS the Black or Aboriginal Natives
of this Island have for a considerable time
past, carried on a series of indiscriminate attacks
"

They have always been considered black.

Last edited:

ArrowofTruth

Illustrious Illustrator
Reaction score
Reactions
9,362 108 30
Alleybux
Naked? What did the women do during their period?

EtA: Why am I getting groaned and skepted :skull:? Yall know something I dont know? Share instead of shame (y)

Last edited:

Pearl Shay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
168,339 3,565 714
Alleybux
I hate when people come in and derail threads.

Not surprised at how this went down. It's a shame their own people help facilitate it. They had to know something was up, pretty quick. At least, that's the way a lot of histories go, with their motives becoming pretty clear, but some not wanting to believe it until it's too late.

NYC212Girl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,077 2,240 2,352
Alleybux
"But why were they naked?" b!tch I know you've gotten naked because of the heat stfu. It gets so hot out in California that I wanna take my skin off bc it's too HOT.

BestFwends

Reaction score
Reactions
16,548 1,198 2,154
Alleybux
@Ernada @Harriet_Thugman

Y'all are so desperate to claim these primitive Indigenous people and their culture as being Black. Certain Black African (West) Civilisations were far more advanced than them before the White men came. Today, certain B.African countries are far more developed than Papua New Guinea and those other Oceaniac places.
Black means Sub-saharan African descent everywhere.
White Austrailians called them Black simply because of their darkskin and they call themselves Black because they have darkskin. There are real Black people in Austrailia today, Sudanese people and be sure that W.Austrailians know the difference between them and Indigenous people. In Nigeria, a brown Lebanese might be called white and he may refer to himself as white but he ain't.
The only Black people who call Aboriginal Austrailians Black are some Af-Am hoteps/ignorants. That BP movement was for Aboriginals only and not actual Black people.

Last edited:

StarBlkGrl

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,176 2
Alleybux
White society is anti-creator, everything they touch they destory. They have no respect for life and some of them have admitted why they act the way they act. Our lives may look better but we are worse off cause the earth is polluted. We could drink out of any fresh water river 500 years ago, now we can't.

Indian, China and Singapore are responsible for most of the planets problems, they create the majority of viruses, pollution, wastage etc. 85% of Indians defecate on the streets, I'm sure it's not the white man's fault that India is a toliet.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,622 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Indian, China and Singapore are responsible for most of the planets problems, they create the majority of viruses, pollution, wastage etc. 85% of Indians defecate on the streets, I'm sure it's not the white man's fault that India is a toliet.

White man plays a huge role cause he invaded and created policies that effect these countries. His footprint is everywhere and he plays a role in instigation of countries and their tribal wars. The destruction of Iraq was done by a white man.

Asians have contributed cause they have been idoctrinated to embrace the white supremacists system and greedy capitalism. However colonization of India plays a role in the pollution and problems in India. China is the largest producer of the world and the US government made sure of that by taking US jobs and importing them.

Harriet_Thugman

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,537 1,743 286
Alleybux
@Ernada @Harriet_Thugman

Y'all are so desperate to claim these primitive Indigenous people and their culture as being Black. Certain Black African (West) Civilisations were far more advanced than them before the White men came. Today, certain B.African countries are far more developed than Papua New Guinea and those other Oceaniac places.
White Austrailians called them Black simply because of their Darksin and they call themselves Black because they have Darskin. There are real Black people in Austrailia today, Sudanese people and be sure that W.Austrailians know the difference between them and Indigenous people. In Nigeria, a brown Lebanese might be called white and he may refer to himself white but he ain't.
The only Black people who call Aboriginal Austrailian Black are some Af-Am hoteps/ignorants. That BP movement was for Aboriginals only and not actual Black people.

Honey, please highlight where I said that they were Black or even hinted that they are Black. I only commented on the clothing situation and that is not solely an African/Black thing, its more about the climate issue and that is it. You are jumping to conclusions based on your own wrong assumptions on what I commented.

waterflower

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,153 205 166
Alleybux
This thread went right over the heads of many. Anyway, thank you for the short documentary OP. It's interesting to see the damage done through colonization in other black societies.

Ernada

High IQ-ER KO's Kangaroo
Reaction score
Reactions
237,467 21,165 10,194
Alleybux
@Ernada @Harriet_Thugman

White Austrailians called them Black simply because of their Darksin and they call themselves Black because they have Darskin. There are real Black people in Austrailia today, Sudanese people and be sure that W.Austrailians know the difference between them and Indigenous people. In Nigeria, a brown Lebanese might be called white and he may refer to himself white but he ain't.
The only Black people who call Aboriginal Austrailian Black are some Af-Am hoteps/ignorants. That BP movement was for Aboriginals only and not actual Black people.

1. I am not claiming them. They claim to be black and Euro settlers have called them black since they encountered them in the 1700s. They are factually black people from a historical perspective. Its not "my claim"

2. I do not dispute that their civilization was primitive or less developed than the African continent. Why do you think this is in dispute?

3. Black does not mean sub-saharan descent. I have no clue where you are getting this from, but you were misinformed.
Burkina Faso Sahara desert
walking-in-the-sahara-desert-in-burkina-faso-AKA2D1.jpg

80150_BFA20200124BURKINAFASO_1590941715312.JPG

So these people are not black to you because they are not from below the Sahara or "sub-saharan"?

4. "White Austrailians called them Black simply because of their Darksin and they call themselves Black because they have Darskin. "

Tamils of Sri Lanka are the blackest skin people I ever seen, darker than the darkest Africans. No one considers them black, not themselves, not black people not white people.

5. "The only Black people who call Aboriginal Austrailian Black are some Af-Am hoteps/ignorants. "

But you previously said

"White Austrailians called them Black simply because of their Darksin and they call themselves Black because they have Darskin. "

So white Aussies and Abo aussies are all African American hoteps now?

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Isisleo86

FKA williams86
Reaction score
Reactions
511,394 8,974 1,173
Alleybux
I saw this before. I also saw the doc that talked about how Europeans messed up.the ecosystem of Australia. The aboriginals terraformed the land and was able to irrigate and set controlled fires. It enabled them to plant and it also helped the animals as well. Europeans saw this and didn't think they were smart enough to pull it off. Basically they destroyed it. They also introduced outside animal species like cats, dogs, rabbits, hogs, etc which further destroyed native plants and animals. Awful!

Last edited:

StarBlkGrl

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,176 2
Alleybux
White man plays a huge role cause he invaded and created policies that effect these countries. His footprint is everywhere and he plays a role in instigation of countries and their tribal wars. The destruction of Iraq was done by a white man.

Asians have contributed cause they have been idoctrinated to embrace the white supremacists system and greedy capitalism. However colonization of India plays a role in the pollution and problems in India. China is the largest producer of the world and the US government made sure of that by taking US jobs and importing them.

Again, how is it the white man's fault that India today is a toliet, defecating in the streets isn't part of white culture neither is first cousin marriage.

Most of Africa was colonized, how come black people are not only in better health than South Asians, they're are more hygienic and don't marry first cousins.

I agree about Iraq about that isn't a race issue, more of an American issue (Obama destroyed Libya and Syria, sending money and weapons to groups who became ISIS).

Sunni's & Shias have been killing each other for 1000+ years since prophet Muhammad died, and still do today.

Wars have been happening since humans have been around, whether it's tribes, countries or even religions.

I know my history, maybe you should learn about the world 500-1000+ years ago, at one point Turks ruled most of the world, so did Asians, so did Muslims etc etc

Remember ancient Egypt? That was long before white people or the 3 main religions today.

Every race has been a slave at one point in history.

You're free to dislike my post but I posted facts.

BestFwends

Reaction score
Reactions
16,548 1,198 2,154
Alleybux
@Ernada

1. I wouldn't say that they are factually Black but rather they may have seperate legitimate identity as 'Black' which is different from African Negro descendant Black. Comparable to how Asian Indians and Mexicans both claim to be 'Brown' without merging the separate identies together respective of their origins.

2. Because weird and depressing how y'all are quick to say that primitive groups that we surpassed both historically and currently are just like us. It's as if to say that ACTUAL BLACK HISTORY is inferior and needs to include others who aren't even anything to admire.

3. I'll agree with you on Sub-saharan African. The descendants of West Africans are definitely not the only Black people in Africa. But there needs to be better, more current words than (Negro/Congoid) to refer to Black Africans and the diaspora which are only legimate group included when Black is referenced racially/ethnically.

4. I can't absolutely state why they call themselves Black, but White people have called other dark-skinned groups Black, who weren't in the sense of (B.African) just because their skin was dark. I assume that why Aboriginal were called that.

5. Let me clarify, certain Af-Am hoteps and ignorants are the only people who insist that Aboriginals are racially the same as B.Africans and the diaspora for the purpose of claiming a group and culture that isn't theirs and is tragically worse-off actually. W.Austrailians are certainly do not regard Aboriginals as being the same as B.A. & the diaspora despite both groups using the term Black to racially identify their two drastically different groups.

Last edited:

DoneToDeath

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
182,241 4,846 3,047
Alleybux
I wanna hear about the origins of clothes. Why did everyone start wearing clothes everywhere!!

ETA: is there really confusion on here about the fact that different types of people can refer to themselves as Black?!! Y’all do realize that’s partly why the term African American was invented? Because other people in other countries use Negro or Black. Don’t be weird. Tf

NYC212Girl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,077 2,240 2,352
Alleybux

Girl have you even read about Singapore.

Nonotlikethat

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,864 1,182 1,326
Alleybux
As someone who lives in Australia I can say there's positive and negatives for their culture when it comes to learned whiteness. Alcohol is a huge huge problem, when you take away these communities cultures they lose a sense of self and turn to drugs and alcohol. Then white people point the finger and say sort out your communities. Well they caused the issues to begin with. Many Aboriginal communities have a lot of issues but they working on it. Also they're not black? Why do Americans insist on blackness only being about Africa? That's so weird. No where else does that FYI. Australian aboriginals are some of the first peoples ON EARTH dating back 50,000 years of uncovered bones and trails. I don't understand how you can say they're not black. Nonsense.

Aunt Jackie

Serving up loose meat sandwiches
Reaction score
Reactions
153,452 6,252 4,148
Alleybux
They are considered black in Australia.

White people named them black just like they named us black.

Perhaps you mean they aren't African.

But they are black.

Please learn the difference between being black and being African.

BestFwends

Reaction score
Reactions
16,548 1,198 2,154
Alleybux
They are considered black in Australia.

White people named them black just like they named us black.

Perhaps you mean they aren't African.

But they are black.

Please learn the difference between being black and being African.

I've addressed this in my responses to @Ernada. I'm not interested in this subject anymore. If you think that Indigenous Aboriginal Austrailians are a part of Black History and that they are 'Black' (like us). Go ahead.

Aunt Jackie

Serving up loose meat sandwiches
Reaction score
Reactions
153,452 6,252 4,148
Alleybux
Nowhere did I say that.

You said they weren't considered black and I corrected you and said that they were. I said they weren't considered African, which "our" (assuming you're black) history is based on being.

Go learn something and stop typing rubbish.
@Ernada. I'm not interested in this subject anymore. If you think that Indigenous Aboriginals Aboriginal are part of Black History and that they are 'Black' (like us). Go ahead.[/QUOTE]