Quantcast

Awkward interactions with melanin deficient males?

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,965 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
When I went to my yt friends birthday party (she's legit the only close white friend I have lol), her boyfriend -who is also obviously white- seemed very uncomfortable with me being there.

I was the only non white friend of hers in attendance.

My friend's boyfriend kept being really awkward all night and even went as far as avoiding eye contact with me.

When he did speak to me however, it was mainly just ignorant questions such as "is all of that your real hair, did it take long"?

1618774447802.gif

I had long box braids on at the time.

His other friends were also invited to the birthday party. Typical upper class preppy white lads who went to private school and have corny humour.

Anyways, a few hours into the party I overheard his friends saying to him "who's the black girl she's really fit". To which I heard him respond "really? I don't think she's all that. Not my sort of thing mate".

To non British fonts, the word fit also means "attractive" here in the UK.

Anyways that night I slept over at my friends house, and the next day before I left to go back to my apartment my friend asked me if I wanted to go out for brunch with her and her bae.

I agreed to go out for brunch. Throughout our entire time in the restaurant he was being weird and awkward again.

I am Black British, my friend and her partner are from a very white town near Bournemouth which probably has 0 ethnic minorities lol.

I know I've made threads making fun of white brits before, but aside from a few classmates throughout school, daily general interactions in life, and male colleagues at work, I rarely interact with white British males as I literally have nothing in common with them and I find them to be super awkward.

Has anyone else has weird experiences?

Last edited:

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,965 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
Other weird experiences:

In one of my old jobs, my colleagues were discussing Beyoncé and how they dislike her and Jay Z - I don't get why white people think it's revolutionary to say they dislike Beyoncé LOL.

I said she's not my favourite artist ever but I do enjoy a lot of her music and I think she's beautiful.

All of my unseasoned English breakfast colleagues proceeded to say that they don't think she's all that, one of my male colleagues even oddly compared her to Ellie Goulding and said that Ellie Goulding is prettier!!!??

The delusions and jokes write themselves:

1618774217886.png

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,965 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
Nope!
I never go to Clubs or parties where I'm the only Black person there.
I don’t either. I got invited to my only white friends birthday party and I went because she had gone to my birthday celebration lol.

I already knew what to expect when she invited me.

suesnell

♒️
Reaction score
Reactions
201,918 10,066 5,710
Alleybux
I would've left after he asked you that about your hair. And if he has a negative view of black women so does your "friend".

Last edited:

Eyedol

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,670 1,366 2,996
Alleybux
When I went to my yt friends birthday party (she's legit the only close white friend I have lol), her boyfriend -who is also obviously white- seemed very uncomfortable with me being there.

My friend's boyfriend kept being really awkward all night and even went as far as avoiding eye contact with me.

When he did speak to me however, it was mainly just ignorant questions such as "is all of that your real hair, did it take long"?

View attachment 2484484

His other friends were also invited to the birthday party. Typical upper class preppy white lads who went to private school and have corny humour.

Anyways, a few hours into the party I overheard his friends saying to him "who's the black girl she's really fit". To which I heard him respond "really? I don't think she's all that. Not my sort of thing mate".

Anyways that night I slept over at my friends house, and the next day before I left to go back to my apartment my friend asked me if I wanted to go out for brunch with her and her bae.

I agreed to go out for brunch. Throughout our entire time in the restaurant he was being weird and awkward again.

I am Black British, my friend and her partner are from a very white town near Bournemouth which probably has 0 ethnic minorities lol.

I know I've made threads making fun of white brits before, but aside from a few classmates throughout school, daily general interactions in life, and male colleagues at work, I rarely interact with white British males as I literally have nothing in common with them and I find them to be super awkward.

They don't want your puss

ZeeZeeblue

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
350,427 16,556 14,656
Alleybux
In one of my old jobs, my colleagues were discussing Beyoncé and how they dislike her and Jay Z - I don't get why white people think it's revolutionary to say they dislike Beyoncé LOL.
All of my unseasoned English breakfast colleagues proceeded to say that they don't think she's all that, one of my male colleagues even oddly compared her to Ellie Goulding and said that Ellie Goulding is prettier!!!??

They don't like Jay Z & Beyonce because they're rich AF & live lavish lifestyles.
Whites hate to see Black people with money.

And they think Ellie Goulding looks better than Beyonce because the majority
of White chicks are very basic looking and unattractive, but White people will
always praise other White folks and place them above people of color.

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,965 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
I would've left after he asked you that about your hair. And if he has a negative view of black women so does your "friend".
I knew from the jump that he never interacts with non white Brits on a daily basis.

He was being super weird the entire time and seemed uncomfortable by my presence.

White Brits in general are very passive aggressive towards black Brits. I've experienced it all my life whether it be in school or at work...

Last edited:

Roop Ki Rani

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,758 1,163 1,800
Alleybux

View attachment 2484484

Fck him.

I'm suprised your yt friend didn't pick up on his weird behaviour.

He sounds like a c u next....

CocoaDream

When I fly it's one letter and one number...
Reaction score
Reactions
40,169 3,555 1,523
Alleybux
I knew from the jump that he never interacts with non white Brits on a daily basis.

He was being super weird the entire time and seemed uncomfortable by my presence.
fµck that pale and pasty bastard. If he's uncomfortable with your blackness, that's his problem not yours...

ebonyrose

Joining DULOVEMEDO for 6 month hiatus from LSA
Reaction score
Reactions
82,130 2,159 908
Alleybux
I

Maybe he was attracted to you and didn't know how to handle it.
I am sure you were the best looking girl there.

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,965 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
They don't like Jay Z & Beyonce because they're rich AF & live lavish lifestyles.
Whites hate to see Black people with money.

And they think Ellie Goulding looks better than Beyonce because the majority
of White chicks are very basic looking and unattractive, but White people will
always praise other White folks and place them above people of color.
Exactly.

I remember another time when me and my Nigerian colleague were discussing Whitney Houston and how stunning she was during her prime, one of my other older yt male colleagues said he always loved her music but doesn't think she was attractive.

I didn't bother to respond to him but I was thinking "what black woman needs your validation Charlie"??

1618775463712.gif

Last edited:

CocoaDream

When I fly it's one letter and one number...
Reaction score
Reactions
40,169 3,555 1,523
Alleybux
Exactly.

I remember another time when me and my Nigerian colleague were discussing Whitney and how stunning she was during her prime, one of my other older yt male colleagues said he always loved her music but doesn't think she was attractive.

I didn't bother to respond to him but I was thinking "what black woman needs your validation Charlie"??
I bet he was butt ugly too. I notice it's always ugly people talking about what/who they don't find attractive. Like who asked you???

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,965 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
I bet he was butt ugly too. I notice it's always ugly people talking about what/who they don't find attractive. Like who asked you???
If no lips and barely seasoned salt and pepper chicken had a face...yep that would be my colleague Charlie :LOL: :LOL:

Last edited:

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,965 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
It's the audacity for me.

Reminds me of that ugly ass white American radio host who was rating black female celebs such as Serena Williams.

I am convinced that most of them know the majority of bw are not checking for them, hence the obsession in wanting to validate our looks.

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,965 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
Fck him.

I'm suprised your yt friend didn't pick up on his weird behaviour.

He sounds like a c u next....
Thanks girl.

I literally only have one close white friend, she's the only one.

She means well as a person and is a lovely inside and out, but like most yt people she is clueless about racism.

I don't discuss race with non black people anyway, so I've never had those conversations with her.

I don't think it's our job to "teach" yt's. They know exactly how racism and white supremacy works.

All of my other best friends are literally black or mixed race.

I only see my yt friend a few times during the year.

Makeup_addict

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,035 226 125
Alleybux
This dude sounds weird and passive aggressive. He's one guy, no not all British guys are like him. Next time check him and keep it moving.

ViviB

$3.60
Reaction score
Reactions
26,202 1,036 204
Alleybux
At a former job, my boss said I should let him mentor me because he has a lot of experience dealing with underprivileged kids. Mind you, I don’t come from a poor background. He also said he didn’t agree with BLM, and we needed to wait until coronavirus was over just because I said I didn’t go to the protests. And yes, he’s a British YT. I’m Black but not British.

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,965 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
This dude sounds weird and passive aggressive. He's one guy, no not all British guys are like him. Next time check him and keep it moving.
It's super awkward because my friend is still with him, so whenever she invites me to something he'll most likely be there.

She was one of the few yt girls who wasn't passive aggressive towards me during our time at university, we always got along really well. Which is why I've maintained the friendship post graduation.

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,965 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
At a former job, my boss said I should let him mentor me because he has a lot of experience dealing with underprivileged kids. Mind you, I don’t come from a poor background. He also said he didn’t agree with BLM, and we needed to wait until coronavirus was over just because I said I didn’t go to the protests. And yes, he’s a British YT. I’m Black but not British.
Oh my god....I don't even know what to say to this! :mad::mad: Their audacity never fails to amaze me.

1618776500356.gif

xscapizm

Prima Donna, I'm complex.
Reaction score
Reactions
63,519 1,503 253
Alleybux

View attachment 2484484

Smh. The audacity and the head-assery of it all. I can tell you have a lot of class and self respect by the way you handled the situation. Tbh, I don't suffer fools gladly and I probably would've started swinging lol but you did the right thing! It's best to distance yourself promptly from these fools while looking at them like

c8e55608078b776d80b26ab806e16042.gif

And let them marinate in their own ignorance and stupidity.

SN: I watch a lot of BBC and I really feel for you Black British fonts bc a lot of Anglo people from the UK always be on some slick sh!t and for the most part I see a lot of Black British woman will quickly gather someone, they simply aren't here for tolerating the nonsense. Cheers to you!

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,965 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
Not to be all black girl magic but that’s really the vibe I’m getting. Be careful.
This is the impression I low-key got as well...it was just really weird.

And even when my friend invited to me brunch the following day, he said to her "Oh is she coming as well"?

Bear in mind I was right in front of him...he could've just asked me if I was going too lol.

SinCndomPapi

Dominican Papi, Portofino Papi, Pacífico Papi
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
174,017 14,698 19,660
Alleybux
Sounds like he was just afraid to start a normal conversation with you for fear of falling in love. According to LSA white men are like this

1618777001619.png

BrittXOXO

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,324 314 116
Alleybux
Ewww! Bust his chops next time!

Let him know very harshly that he could never ever stand a chance with you so he needs to get that out of his mind ASAP.

Jared Boo

Your fav racist 47 year old upperclass white woman
Reaction score
Reactions
84,119 8,670 7,146
Alleybux
Ya'll will consistently call me a white troll and say that I have low self-esteem. Yet threads like this get empathy and supportive advice.

What black person anywhere in the world is going somewhere as the token in 2021 and beyond? I would have left after peeping that I was the only one there that can tolerate the sun. Anyway op you deserve to go where you are WELCOMED and WANTED. Stop tolerating ish like this for the sake of your white "frans."

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,965 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
Smh. The audacity and the head-assery of it all. I can tell you have a lot of class and self respect by the way you handled the situation. Tbh, I don't suffer fools gladly and I probably would've started swinging lol but you did the right thing! It's best to distance yourself promptly from these fools while looking at them like

View attachment 2484594

And let them marinate in their own ignorance and stupidity.

SN: I watch a lot of BBC and I really feel for you Black British fonts bc a lot of Anglo people from the UK always be on some slick sh!t and for the most part I see a lot of Black British woman will quickly gather someone, they simply aren't here for tolerating the nonsense. Cheers to you!
Girl...this country has such a strong disdain for black women, they don't even hide it!

Google Alexandra Burke, Dianne Abbott etc and the misogynoir they face from the British press.

I usually never put myself in situations where I am the only non white person, but I went anyway because my friend always makes the effort to attend my birthdays.

Her other white friends were decent- they were all drunk anyway lol- but her boyfriend was weird from the get go.

He also looked appalled when he saw some of fellow yt preppy private school educated male friends trying to chat to me.

One of his best friends kept trying to talk to me and even bought me a drink.

Last edited:

Transformed

Freedom
Reaction score
Reactions
35,665 609 175
Alleybux
Not to be all black girl magic but that’s really the vibe I’m getting. Be careful.
This is the same feeling I'm getting as well. For those of them that are deeply racist, it's uncomfortable for them to admit when they are attracted. In their mind that isn't supposed to happen, so when it does they try to deny it and act passive-aggressive which is dangerous.

I stay away from fools like that. He is sick in the head and your friend needs to get rid of him. His friends were different kinds of white men who felt more comfortable expressing their attraction which is healthier in my opinion than this weirdo your friend is dating.

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,965 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
When I reported it I was told I was overreacting. I don’t work there anymore but yeah British YTs are something else.
I feel you, when I reported my racist Eastern European colleague's comments, HR did nothing and my former colleague even eventually got a promotion.

My Polish colleague said that African countries are backwards, uncivilised, have no universities etc.

And that our languages are not real languages, and that we have no famous authors or playwriters.

Amuro

Kiryu's wife
Reaction score
Reactions
26,251 480 95
Alleybux
I remember I had my hair done and had a weave on so my hairstyle sort of looked like this
71B2zuIGkFL._AC_UY218_.jpg

I got so many compliments on my hair and I thought I was the baddest b!tch in there. One arab guy asked if it was my real hair and I said no, and he just started making comments saying I'm wearing horse hair and that's disgusting. Even when I had my hair in a natural bun him and his friend started saying I was wearing a weave!!? The ironic thing is he keeps on making anti-black comments(not just to me but other black girls) yet has a thing for black girls!!? God help us all!!

Also this Punjabi boy in my old school asked why I had a big nose and just sexualising my body in general. I just ignored him until he started touching me and I warned him that I would report him if it carried any longer

Last edited:

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,965 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
Sounds like he was just afraid to start a normal conversation with you for fear of falling in love. According to LSA white men are like this

View attachment 2484634
LOOL even if that were the case, I am definitely not attracted to passive aggressiveness and lowkey misogynoir.

No thanks.

TheZoilist

─── ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ───
Reaction score
Reactions
31,399 839 156
Alleybux

White Brits in general are very passive aggressive towards black Brits. I've experienced it all my life whether it be in school or at work...
I don’t see why you’re being groaned it’s just your experience. I’m from here and you’re 100% right about white men, however they are also 99% of this country and we can’t get away with avoiding them the same way people in places with more black people can. If you don’t know how to deal with annoying white men you will do nothing and go nowhere in this country, you did what you had to do op

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,965 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
Ya'll will consistently call me a white troll and say that I have low self-esteem. Yet threads like this get empathy and supportive advice.

What black person anywhere in the world is going somewhere as the token in 2021 and beyond? I would have left after peeping that I was the only one there that can tolerate the sun. Anyway op you deserve to go where you are WELCOMED and WANTED. Stop tolerating ish like this for the sake of your white "frans."
Sis, I mentioned at the start that she's my ONLY close white friend.

My friendship circle since childhood has always been black girls, mixed race girls and a few south Asian girls.

Basically entirely made up of fellow "ethnic minorities" and no white British friends.

cosmiclatte

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
296,604 13,129 4,050
Alleybux
I'm not British, but has anybody noticed a lot of older white men being touchy with you for no reason? I was going to make a thread about it but I didn't know how to phrase it. When I was working in retail sometimes when I helped older white male customers they would pat me on the back and sh!t.

ViviB

$3.60
Reaction score
Reactions
26,202 1,036 204
Alleybux
I feel you, when I reported my racist Eastern European colleague's comments, HR did nothing and my former colleague even eventually got a promotion.

My Polish colleague said that African countries are backwards, uncivilised, have no universities etc.

And that our languages are not real languages, and that we have no famous authors or playwriters.
With the irony being most Brits feel that way about them...