Quantcast

Ayy do British people have to bow to their “royals”?

DaughterofHermione

At your man’s house going through his wallet
Reaction score
Reactions
236,701 10,385 8,637
Alleybux
All the groans are from pressed British people who bow down to rRoOyAls. I hope one day y’all can be free from “the divine rights of kings” :relieved:

oumoub

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,519 986 347
Alleybux
You are “supposed” to...They even require bowing/curtsying in private with no cameras remember that part in the Oprah interview? Meghan was like “wut? You guys bow in private” and Haz was like yup yup yup, but we’re a bloody normal family though, kind of like this...

Livingit88

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
596,718 32,999 3,295
Alleybux
The Queen's daughter came to our high school for a tour. Our class didn't want to bow/curtsy and the teacher couldn't really make us so they made her skip our class during the tour lol.

Last edited:

Maelin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
122,050 20,788 366
Alleybux
All the groans are from pressed British people who bow down to rRoOyAls. I hope one day y’all can be free from “the divine rights of kings” :relieved:
Groans?

Screen_Shot_2021-04-18_at_08.52.29.png

809ee178cc3d351aeabc5e04d7842258.gif

DaughterofHermione

Reaction score
Reactions
236,701 10,385 8,637
Alleybux
The Queen's daughter came to our high school for a tour. Our class didn't want to bow and the teacher couldn't really make us so they made her skip our class during the tour lol.
I hope that one day y’all will be free from these royals holding y’all hostage to their egos :pensive:

Maelin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
122,050 20,788 366
Alleybux
LMAO!

Don't Asians do that anyway?

Still LMAO!

Mostly in East Asia in places like Japan, Korea and China.

But bowing to everyone no matter the status is different than bowing (men) or curtsy (women) to someone simply cause they are Royal.

royal-curtsies-m.jpg

Personally I would find degrading to curtsy to a Royal. It is worse with the Thai Royals as you literally have to crawl on the floor in front of them.

12963346-0-image-a-240_1556725819133.jpg

CuLTRjmjMFwNSAa19_RvgtnwCe68473gS4mpMdpXgxo.jpg

DaughterofHermione

Reaction score
Reactions
236,701 10,385 8,637
Alleybux
Mostly in East Asia in places like Japan, Korea and China.

But bowing to everyone no matter the status is different than bowing (men) or curtsy (women) to someone simply cause they are Royal.

royal-curtsies-m.jpg

Personally I would find degrading to curtsy to a Royal. It is worse with the Thai Royals as you literally have to crawl on the floor in front of them.

12963346-0-image-a-240_1556725819133.jpg

CuLTRjmjMFwNSAa19_RvgtnwCe68473gS4mpMdpXgxo.jpg
Thes pictures are WILD!! They’re really crawling on the floor...for another regular human being!

Gaia

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,235 352 10
Alleybux
We're expected to, but no-one gets arrested or anything if one doesn't. If you said "Hey Lizzie" to the Queen and offered her a high-five, you'd just get a funny look.

Smaddyone

Guh suh
Reaction score
Reactions
94,690 4,424 2,747
Alleybux
My friend had to curtsey to her Nigerian in laws.

tenor.gif

Anyway, I met Prince Charles and we were given a bunch of instructions including curtsying which we didn't end up having to do. We shook hands, exchanged some words. Normal.

DaughterofHermione

Reaction score
Reactions
236,701 10,385 8,637
Alleybux
We're expected to, but no-one gets arrested or anything if one doesn't. If you said "Hey Lizzie" to the Queen and offered her a high-five, you'd just get a funny look.
Don’t you think it’s weird that y’all are considered commoners/peasants to a “royal family” in 2021?

Maelin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
122,050 20,788 366
Alleybux
You are “supposed” to...They even require bowing/curtsying in private with no cameras remember that part in the Oprah interview? Meghan was like “wut? You guys bow in private” and Haz was like yup yup yup, but we’re a bloody normal family though, kind of like this...

Bowing/curtsy hierarchy is important to the Royals even in private as it is a status thing. Elizabeth had to change who bows/cursty to who when Charles married Camilla as some of the female members didn't want to cursty to her.

The rules changed again when William married Kate as Beatrice and Eugenie didn't want to cursty to her. Now the blood Princesses only cursty to Camilla and Kate when their husbands are there and if they are alone then they have to curtsy to the blood Princesses.

20140426-171719.jpg

Smaddyone

Guh suh
Reaction score
Reactions
94,690 4,424 2,747
Alleybux
Don’t you think it’s weird that y’all are considered commoners/peasants to a “royal family” in 2021?

They really dont affect our lives like that. I know for me theres not one man or woman who is better than me. I am a child of the Almighty just like everyone else. How others perceive the situation is down to them.

DaughterofHermione

Reaction score
Reactions
236,701 10,385 8,637
Alleybux
They really dont affect our lives like that. I know for me theres not one man or woman who is better than me. I am a child of the Almighty just like everyone else. How others perceive the situation is down to them.
I hope one day you can be free

VampiraDelaine

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
62,775 2,147 438
Alleybux
It's even worse when you realize there is literally nothing inherently special about these people. It's not like these are Targaryens with some cool dragons or whatever. They're inbred, not that attractive, none of them are particularly smart or gifted in any way - like at least can one of them be a concert pianist or an exceptional intellectual super-genius? Nope. They don't contribute much of value to anything (all the hard work was done by their ancestors - or rather the oppressed miserable serfs and then colonized peoples who we compelled by brutality to serve them and build up their wealth). Nowadays, most of the patronages they have don't even benefit much from them.

At least with dictators, you know you have to serve them or you'll get killed or tossed in jail. With this lot, I'm just like... why.

LolaBea

Never argue w someone Harriet would've left behind
Reaction score
Reactions
541,377 5,941 1,428
Alleybux
Bowing/curtsy hierarchy is important to the Royals even in private as it is a status thing. Elizabeth had to change who bows/cursty to who when Charles married Camilla as some of the female members didn't want to cursty to her.

The rules changed again when William married Kate as Beatrice and Eugenie didn't want to cursty to her. Now the blood Princesses only cursty to Camilla and Kate when their husbands are there and if they are alone then they have to curtsy to the blood Princesses.

20140426-171719.jpg
That graphic makes no sense and is a lie, nobody needs to bow/curtsey to Kate especially blood royals even with William there or not, Sophie can if she wants but that makes 0 sense.

Last edited:

DaughterofHermione

Reaction score
Reactions
236,701 10,385 8,637
Alleybux
That graphic makes no sense and is a lie, nobody needs to bow/curtsey to Kate especially blood royals. Sophie can if she wants but that makes 0 sense.
What’s the difference between “blood Royals” and regular people? What’s special about them to you?

MK Goode

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
917 79 33
Alleybux
I am afraid that is the tip of the iceberg. And that iceberg has history.

Australians, New Zealanders, Canadians, and other members of the Commonwealth do have to show these people deference, and it goes beyond the curtsey- they are not allowed to touch the Queen. They cannot shake hands with a royal unless the royal offers a hand first. And they can't turn their backs on them, the Queen especially. sh!t, poor Canada still has her on the money.

A lot of textbooks write that the Revolution was just about a tax dispute, but it was more than that. The details are largely not taught abroad. In fact, in Europe, it is ignored that the principles of the Enlightenment vis a vis government didn't totally start in France-25 years earlier, someone else applied it before they did and were more successful in that there was no bloodbath or reign of terror in the aftermath.

Case in point: this is a relatively recent documentary by Lucy Worsley, put out by the BBC. She is right about a few things: the final polished edition of the Declaration came after the 4th, and the clause that would have freed all the slaves was edited out, but she is lying by omission as well. The policy of the Crown for over 150 years was to tax the Thirteen lightly if at all so that they could prosper, plus or minus the fact that the King needed a nice soft spot to land convicts, misfits, and indentured servants. (Australia actually took the future US's place on that account after 1784.)

In effect, because the Crown sat on its ass, the colonists got used to looking after the majority of their own affairs. They got HOME RULE if only in an ersatz form.

She does not mention that Thomas Jefferson (writer) and John Adams (editor) considered the 4th of July to be America's birthday. The last two members of the Committee of Five both died on July 4th, 1826 and goddammit, the main author even made a point of trying to live just long enough to see the sun rise on that day. They considered the day it was adopted to be the most important.

The no taxation without representation thing was a piece of it, but so was being milked like a cash cow and also the fact that the British Empire practiced mercantilism. We sent a bigger check to them then they ever did to us. And dumbass in the video does not mention that the future USA had IRELAND as a model, what men like Franklin feared we would become. For the record, London had been sending colonists to Ireland for ages before the 18th century. In time it destroyed the native aristocracy, performed pogroms, created laws that made the mostly Catholic population illiterate and ignorant and permanent tenants; they were banned from most schooling, and at one point they couldn't own a nag that cost more than £5.

Ben Franklin toured Ireland just before returning home for the Revolution. He was scared-the Irish Parliament had become little more than a rubber stamp for Westminster and the Lordlings had carved up the land like a Christmas ham. The Famine was well after his time, but it proved him right about whatever ass sitting on that throne was capable of: Ireland was arguably the Empire's first colony.

It ain't a wonder that Ireland never stopped trying to get away from the grasp of the British Empire. No matter how many humiliations, no matter how many evictions, no manner how many died, it just would not stop.

WHERE THE F ARE YOU GOING WITH THIS?

I am pointing out that today nations that rebelled-places like Ireland, India, and the USA-only bow and bend the knee to be polite. It is courtesy, not obligation or tradition. And it has been like that for a long time for the last one. There is no emotional connection at all there. There are no ceremonial positions for the Commonwealth because metaphorically someone threw a brick through the window and shattered the illusion and propaganda. We got out first. Why we got out is not taught and that is not a coincidence.

Canada could have been free as far back as 1776, but it chose to stay with the Empire and technically was not fully granted autonomy until 1986. It still has had to listen to speeches given by people like the Queen Mother about "how she's always felt Canadian" and it now has a habit of defining what it isn't, rather than what it is. (It is a tough conversation to have when you go there and point out that the continued association with the Empire ******** Canada's ability to develop vis-a-vis its southern neighbor since that nation had more ability to bargain.)

Privately, I wonder what it's going to take to finally break the spell. You don't have to about these idiots anymore. You don't have to lower yourself for them. They should be bowing to YOU.

vista23

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,167 48 21
Alleybux
LMAO!

Don't Asians do that anyway?

Still LMAO!
Isn’t that done just out of respect, not specific to royals?

like it’s just a custom of greeting people. We shake hands, certain cultures do the hug/kiss cheeks, they bow.

a mutual respectful greeting not a sign of believing someone is in an elevated position.

Anacaona Taino

I forgot my old tag line...
Reaction score
Reactions
230,364 4,870 1,417
Alleybux
Isn’t that done just out of respect, not specific to royals?

like it’s just a custom of greeting people. We shake hands, certain cultures do the hug/kiss cheeks, they bow.

a mutual respectful greeting not a sign of believing someone is in an elevated position.
No their bows are intricate as well.

thepseudonym

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,425 1,842 176
Alleybux

20140426-171719.jpg
Actually its just following royal protocol which was enforced in 2005 by anne who didnt. want to curtsy to Camillia. The younger royals didnt seem to enforce it amongst eacher supposedly we'll never know really

the public list of order ofprecedenc should go like this for the ladies:

THE QUEEN
The Sovereign's Mother
The Sovereign's Daughter
The Sovereign's Granddaughters
The Sovereign's Cousin
The Wife of the Heir Apparent
The Wife of the Sovereign's eldest grandson
Wives of the Younger Sons of the Sovereign
Wives of Dukes of the Blood Royal
Prime Minister (if female)
Duchesses of England
Duchesses of Scotland
Duchesses of Great Britain
Duchesses of Ireland
Duchesses of UK and Ireland since the Union
Wives of Eldest Sons of Dukes of the Blood Royal

Diana's precedence among the family was interesting depending on the Year.

DaughterofHermione

Reaction score
Reactions
236,701 10,385 8,637
Alleybux
Actually its just following royal protocol which was enforced in 2005 by anne who didnt. want to curtsy to Camillia. The younger royals didnt seem to enforce it amongst eacher supposedly we'll never know really

the public list of order ofprecedenc should go like this for the ladies:

THE QUEEN
The Sovereign's Mother
The Sovereign's Daughter
The Sovereign's Granddaughters
The Sovereign's Cousin
The Wife of the Heir Apparent
The Wife of the Sovereign's eldest grandson
Wives of the Younger Sons of the Sovereign
Wives of Dukes of the Blood Royal
Prime Minister (if female)
Duchesses of England
Duchesses of Scotland
Duchesses of Great Britain
Duchesses of Ireland
Duchesses of UK and Ireland since the Union
Wives of Eldest Sons of Dukes of the Blood Royal

Diana's precedence among the family was interesting depending on the Year.
Ma’am this is Wendy’s.

tenor.gif

thepseudonym

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,425 1,842 176
Alleybux
There are no obligatory codes of behaviour when your a peasant ( :p) and meeting the queen or a member of the Royal Family, the people who bow curtsy to them are just up holding old school rules that are no longer enfoced to the public. You can either shake their hands or just ignore them *shrugs

thepseudonym

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,425 1,842 176
Alleybux
Thes pictures are WILD!! They’re really crawling on the floor...for another regular human being!
And its even worse whenn you realize just speaking ill of the thai monarch in their country could land a person being fined/in prison for 15 years, imagine being a courtier and not following protocol one day
jqKRMd7.gif

DaughterofHermione

Reaction score
Reactions
236,701 10,385 8,637
Alleybux
And its even worse whenn you realize just speaking ill of the thai monarch in their country could land a person being fined/in prison for 15 years, imagine being a courtier and not following protocol one day
jqKRMd7.gif
I never wanted to visit Thailand (ladyboys thing scares me) but now I EXTRA don’t want to. They’re wilding over there.

Hi5Perry

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,476 2,322 678
Alleybux

20140426-171719.jpg
Why would Zara always curtsy to Kate? She's a blood royal & in the line of succession.
It's even worse when you realize there is literally nothing inherently special about these people. It's not like these are Targaryens with some cool dragons or whatever. They're inbred, not that attractive, none of them are particularly smart or gifted in any way - like at least can one of them be a concert pianist or an exceptional intellectual super-genius? Nope. They don't contribute much of value to anything (all the hard work was done by their ancestors - or rather the oppressed miserable serfs and then colonized peoples who we compelled by brutality to serve them and build up their wealth). Nowadays, most of the patronages they have don't even benefit much from them.

At least with dictators, you know you have to serve them or you'll get killed or tossed in jail. With this lot, I'm just like... why.
LOL, reminds me of
ff33c42e33a64939be154221b7bdcddc.gif

giphy.gif