Quantcast

Bachelor Nation Gossip, News and General Discussion | OFFICIAL THREAD

ada bana

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,146 132 2
Alleybux
So I'm guessing that Natasha and Joe are going to be filming Paradise. The fact that both of them were missing from Clickbait is sus.

ada bana

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,146 132 2
Alleybux
Tayshia was on Bachelor Happy Hour, Click Bait AND hosted the show this week. The brand is strong :D! I can't decide if she should ride this bachelor wave till she becomes permanent host of the main show (considering how lucrative it was for Chris H) OR she should create Tv career outside of the bachelor nation?

I'm unsure if they'd end up picking a show alum to be the permanent host now that they're going all in on celebrity guests for BIP. She's good at the formal parts of Chris's job, but she would probably be a better host on a non-Bachelor show.

Auntie Iyanla

Saving heaux
Reaction score
Reactions
239,667 6,001 546
Alleybux
Mike and Bryan interviewed Desmond for their podcast! I listened and he's such a good dad!

Someone posted a recap on Reddit

"Some things of interest . I'll update as I listen.

Tayshia popped in and said she had to go because she was getting fitted for her clothing line. Girl is doing her thing!

They had Tayshia when Desmond was 18.

He talks about Tayshia's upbringing. They were really strict- Tayshia didn't have many opportunities to do a lot of things her friends did.

Desmond said his BS radar was going off watching Tayshia's season LOL! I wish we knew who he was talking about. He loves Zac. He said that Zac came across as very genuine and they've had some heart-to-heart conversations. Good first impression.

Desmond's radar was also going off during Colton's season. Was shocked by some of the behavior he witnessed.

About him who shall not be named- his BS radar went off during Hometowns. He felt like there was something wrong. He told Tayshia's sister that something was wrong, and told the rest of the fam, but held off getting into it too much with Tayshia. He wanted to support her all the way through, and he didn't fully understand the timeline, so he didn't want to put any vibes out there. He wanted to give her the best opportunity and had 100% support to make the best decision.

He was surprised to see Tayshia open up and be vulnerable during her season. They really saw it with Zac. Desmond and Tayshia's mom noticed the point when she fell in love. He said it was like seeing Baby Tayshia come out- reminded him of when she was younger and being vulnerable and opening up."

Ice Mamba

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,262 158 58
Alleybux
That was such a great interview with Tayshia's dad. She seems to come from a really great family.

TalkthatTalk100%

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,907 1,025 112
Alleybux

I'm not sure if you all remember me mentioning that Matt was suppose to be on the Higher Learning podcast to talk with Van and Rachel. It was suppose to happen this week. Apparently, Warner Bros legal department blocked the interview due to Rachel still being contracted on the Bachelor Happy Hour podcast so she can't interview bachelor people on another outside podcast even though they had Tayshia on the show during her season. Rachel deduces that this is all due to her no longer working for them so now they're sabotaging her. Rachel also mentions that Matt has been allowed to do other outside podcasts which further supports her thoughts.

Van said Matt tweeted him and said something about Van stop ducking me with an emoji of a duck even though he knows it's not them (Rachel and Van) that's stopping the interview. Guess that was his attempt to be cheeky and funny. It all starts at 14:52.

Pusssie

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
26,442 437 114
Alleybux
Jfc they’re so petty. No wonder all of these Bachelor people are always sucking up to them, they prob don’t want to get blackballed or sabotaged like how they’re doing Rachel. I def believe Rachel when she says this is what’s happening. I guess this is kinda the nature of the business/ Hollywood too

SavvvyOne

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,695 114 8
Alleybux
Bekah from the Chatty Broads is also blacklisted so I wouldn’t put it past them

pentacles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,396 1,958 302
Alleybux
Looks like Chris didn't get the 8 figure settlement.

Inside Chris Harrison’s Shocking Downfall as ‘The Bachelor’ Host — and a $9 Million Payout

A few sections from the article.

The strangest thing about the entire situation? Harrison was never even asked to participate in the “Extra” interview.

Multiple insiders tell Variety that Harrison participated in the interview on his own volition, but was never requested by a network or studio publicist to sit down for the press opportunity. When Lindsay asked a par-for-the-course question about Kirkconnell, the “Extra” correspondent did not push Harrison to elaborate and she wasn’t expecting Harrison to dive in. But he did, head first — and with a crash landing.

The following story is the result of interviews with numerous people familiar with what happened behind-the-scenes, leading up to Harrison’s departure. All of the individuals who spoke to Variety did so under the condition of anonymity either because they still work with “The Bachelor” franchise or because they are too closely associated to situation surrounding Harrison. But through their accounts, what becomes clear is that, even after the veteran host’s tone-deaf commentary, the entire situation was completely repairable — and avoidable.

ABC and Warner Bros. declined to comment for this story. Harrison’s legal representatives also declined to comment, and his agents never responded to Variety’s request for comment.

Contrary to previous press reports, Variety has learned that Harrison’s exit package was not a significant eight-figure payout. Instead, he received roughly $10 million — a combination of a $9 million exit settlement, plus remaining contractual fees — upon leaving the job he held since 2002.

So, what really happened?

After the “Extra” interview aired, Lindsay was stunned by Harrison’s response and was expecting a canned response. The interview lasted nearly 14 minutes, and she felt like she could not get a word in. Lindsay declined to comment for this article, but speaking on her “Higher Learning” podcast, she confirmed that no publicist accompanied Harrison during the interview, and said that he “talked over and at me.” Lindsay recalled: “He wasn’t trying to hear it. He was just trying to be heard.”

As soon as the interview aired, social media erupted and ABC and Warner Bros. realized they had a big problem on their hands. The network and studio panicked at the public response and went into quick damage control. In the immediate days following his interview, Harrison spoke to bigwigs within the franchise, who took an open approach. Harrison was never told that he’d be fired from his longtime position; in fact, any consideration of him being terminated was not even addressed in initial conversations. Instead, the talks revolved around Harrison apologizing, educating himself on race issues and making proper amends to people who were hurt by his comments within the franchise.

On March 4, “Good Morning America” aired a pre-taped interview between Harrison and anchor Michael Strahan. Prior to booking the “GMA” sit-down, Harrison had hired a crisis management publicist, Mike Sitrick, who previously represented Harvey Weinstein. (Today, Harrison is no longer represented by Sitrick.) With his new representation, Harrison was advised to do a TV interview, insiders say, and when ABC was informed of that, the network requested the spot to be on “GMA” to keep it in the family.

Harrison, likely expecting a softball interview as the face of the network’s top-rated reality franchise, was angered by the disastrous outcome. And, so were “Bachelor” executives, who were perplexed by Harrison’s rigid on-air performance, which came off disingenuous

At that point, it became clear that Harrison would need to take a longer time-out, but the franchise was still planning on eventually bringing him back, according to sources. At the request of “Bachelor” executives, Harrison contacted a handful of former cast members to mixed results, which Variety has confirmed through multiple sources. The general response from BIPOC cast members that Harrison had called or texted was informing him that his apology would be accepted, but he would need to put in the work to educate himself before he’d be welcomed back with open arms.

As all this was brewing, there was another major roadblock for Harrison. In March, current “Bachelorette” Katie Thurston flat-out refused to star in her season if Harrison was the host.

Insiders familiar with discussions say that Thurston spoke to Harrison directly, informing him that she would not feel comfortable starring as “The Bachelorette” if he was involved due to all of the controversy surrounding him. This conversation upset and hurt Harrison, according to a person familiar with their chat.

ABC and Warner Bros. declined to comment on Thurston’s conversation with Harrison.

Insiders close to Harrison say that the veteran host deeply cared about Bachelor Nation and loved his job. The entire situation took a toll on him, and he always planned on returning. His commitment to the franchise never wavered.

But eventually, Harrison’s desire to return to “The Bachelor” was overshadowed by the mess behind-the-scenes between his team and the studio and network. Harrison retained power attorney Bryan Freedman, who had recently represented Gabrielle Union in her dispute against “America’s Got Talent,” and negotiated a mega-million payout for Megyn Kelly when she left NBC News in early 2019. Freedman had also previously represented “The Bachelor” creator Mike Fleiss’ wife in her domestic violence allegations when she accused Fleiss of attacking her; but later, after a messy divorce settlement had been reached, the couple announced their reconciliation.

Harrison’s attorney was “outraged” by the dragging-out process, an insider previously told Variety, and felt that ABC and Warner Bros. were using his client as a scapegoat for all of the franchise’s diversity problems from the reality TV juggernaut’s inception.

Once production on Thurston’s season of “The Bachelorette” began, things started to unravel further. While Harrison’s attorney was putting up a tough fight, representing his client against the network and studio, Harrison was still under the impression he could make a comeback for the season. An insider close to production reveals that after cast and crew had already been sent to New Mexico to quarantine for “Bachelorette,” Harrison was essentially knocking on the door, asking to salvage his job by making calls to various people on set, begging them to put in a good word for him.

In early June, Variety published a report that Harrison would not be returning to host “Bachelor in Paradise” and would be replaced by a slew of rotating celebrity hosts, including David Spade, but that his overall future status with the franchise still remained in limbo. A person familiar with Harrison’s negotiations says, at the point the article was published, it had been decided that there was “absolutely no chance” Harrison would be returning for this summer’s season of “Bachelor in Paradise” and that the prospect of him returning to the franchise was “extraordinarily remote.” But, that particular article about “Bachelor in Paradise” set off Harrison and his inner circle, and ended up expediting the end-game for all parties, according to several sources.

Though Harrison had always wanted to keep his job, by that point, the damage was done and the relationship had soured, as drama hit an all-time high. His attorney quickly arranged an exit deal, and the network and studio put negotiations on the fast track

Within a matter of days, Harrison had reached a legal agreement to depart the franchise on his own accord. Part of the agreement Harrison signed included the public statement of an amicable parting-of-ways, which is typical in most high-profile Hollywood departures.

Despite previous reports, Harrison did not walk away with a substantial eight-figure payout. Two individuals familiar with the negotiations say that the host got $9 million, plus remaining contractual fees, which brought his total exit package to roughly $10 million — about the same paycheck he would have made from two years of work, as his contract was said to be around $5 million per year. (ABC, Warner Bros. and Harrison’s team all declined to comment on Harrison’s exit or any financial payout.)

However, just like any “Bachelor” breakup, the parting of ways is civil — at least on the surface. Or, according to the legal paperwork.

KrazyAngel

GATEKEEPER
Reaction score
Reactions
306,604 6,561 3,791
Alleybux
Tayshia and Zac spotted together on Saturday. Idk why he's pulled back from commenting, but he did like a bunch of her posts on twitter and IG. Seems like they don't want to be posting about their relationship on SM anymore.

I think it was said that Zac isn't really into SM and doesn't engage on it as much. Also, I find it strange that people think couples have to comment on each other's posts all the time. FYI, I'm not saying you're saying that, I'm responding to other comments I've seen. I mean Beyonce posts sexy pics all the time on IG and Jay Z isn't commenting or liking because he actually gets to see it all in person. I feel that's the case with Zac. I think fans just want to know everything about them and sadly, the world has reduced whether people are together or not via SM likes and comments etc. I have to imagine these are they, aren't they speculations are annoying to Zac and Tayshia. It could just be what you said, that they don't want to share their relationship on SM anymore and would rather try to create a foundation that's sacred and not open to the public just for them.
that’s the problem with social media being so prevalent now. People really conflate it with real life. Z & T may have just had an agreement to keep their relationship private after the show and be intentional about doing so.
Did you all see former contestants including people like Becca (Rachel's former co-host on bhh) and Zac - whose fans have been claiming he is old and doesn't do social media), in Chris Harrison's comments kissing his ass. Chris got a eight figure settlement, he will be fine and land on his feet at fox news.

ETA:- the "company men" like Ashley I, Jo Jo and Nick are not surprising. Then you have Tayshia and Matt - they liked the post and Eric Bigger who can be ....

Comments via Reddit.

ariejr: Love you brotha. On to bigger and better things

_jprosenbaum: ❤️ You

catherinegiudici: Love you u/chrisbharrison ❤️ you have a lot to be proud about. Can’t wait to support you in your next endeavors :)

seanloweksu: It will never be the same. Love you buddy.

julielaplaca: LOVE YOU SO MUCH ❤️

ashley_iaconetti: It will never be the same. Truly the end of an era. Thank you for all the years of hard work and love you put into the show. I have a lump in my throat writing this. Can’t wait to see your next move. I love you.

kelleyflanagan: You will be missed Chris! ❤️

joelle_fletcher: Love you my friend ❤️

jasonmesnick: Congrats on the run buddy. The general public doesn’t have any idea how much you helped us cast members members deal with the behind the scenes of the TV world. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

coltonunderwood: Love you Chris. Thank you for your friendship ❤️

bkoof (Becca Kufrin): Wishing you the best in your next chapters, Chris. So much love

lesleyannemurphy: Love you, Chris❤️Won’t be the same without you. Cheers to all you’ve accomplished thus far and excited to see what’s next. Wherever and whoever it’s with, they’ll be lucky to have you!

michellemoney: You are incredible Harrison. What a loss for the show. Many people won’t be watching anymore. Myself included. One thing I know is that you will rise above all of this! Can’t wait to see what is next for you! I am proud to call you my friend. ❤️

kaitlynbristowe: You are truly irreplaceable as a host, thank you for all the years you put into this show and making it what it is. No one does it quite like Mr. Chris Harrison.

kevin.c.wendt: The OG icon we love ya brother.

emilygmaynard: I hope you were on a yacht in the South of France when you wrote this. You deserve it! Can’t wait to see what’s next and sending you a big hug ❤️❤️❤️

tanner.tolbert: Won’t be the same with you!

chrisjbukowski: Thanks for all the memories Chris. For me you were always a familiar and comforting presence over my last 10 years of being part of this franchise. Thanks for being a friend and I’m looking forward to seeing what you do next

adam_gottschalk: Can’t wait to tee it up with you soon ‍♂️ Looking forward to what’s next for you

ericbigger (Rachel L's F3): Love you, Chris! Stay true to you. ❤️ #ItsMiracleSeason

desireesiegfried: Wishing you the best in your next chapter! ❤️

benzornlife: The show won’t be the same without you! Can’t wait to see what is next for you. Good luck my friend!

efergie13: The end of an era❤️ the best of all time! Bachelor franchise won’t be the same without you! Wishing you all the best Chris

sweetnums: Remember the best is yet to come for you!! Blessings!!

jordan__kimball: I was attacked for showing Chris support months ago and here all y’all are showing up last minute to praise him. Wow

tanyarad (Becca T's podcast co-host): Love you so much. You are heart inside & out & truly unparalleled. Was hanging onto this show by a thread … now I’m out.

nickviall: Appreciate all that you have done for the show and me. Great things ahead for you!

jason_tartick: Thank you for all of your mentorship and most importantly friendship from day 1 of meeting you on the show to now. Very thankful for that

graham bunn: Can’t wait to see what you do next brother

holly julian: I love you! You did your job flawlessly and were the best host! I’m thankful for all the great times we had! I miss you already!

Chris (from LTYH): Grateful for you Chris! Onward bruv ❤️

naz perez (ex-producer): Truly the end of an era. Learned so much just by watching you do what you do Chris. One of the best in the game.❤️

kiptyn: Legend! Salute to the backbone of the franchise. Well done sir.

pilot pete: Legend right here Truly appreciate your friendship my man. Thank you for everything! You’ve made an impact on so many. Much love ❤️

zwclark: You helped change a lot of lives in 20 years, including mine.

So tone deaf. This is why you can never fully trust white people.

KrazyAngel

GATEKEEPER
Reaction score
Reactions
306,604 6,561 3,791
Alleybux

I'm not sure if you all remember me mentioning that Matt was suppose to be on the Higher Learning podcast to talk with Van and Rachel. It was suppose to happen this week. Apparently, Warner Bros legal department blocked the interview due to Rachel still being contracted on the Bachelor Happy Hour podcast so she can't interview bachelor people on another outside podcast even though they had Tayshia on the show during her season. Rachel deduces that this is all due to her no longer working for them so now they're sabotaging her. Rachel also mentions that Matt has been allowed to do other outside podcasts which further supports her thoughts.

Van said Matt tweeted him and said something about Van stop ducking me with an emoji of a duck even though he knows it's not them (Rachel and Van) that's stopping the interview. Guess that was his attempt to be cheeky and funny. It all starts at 14:52.

Rachel should’ve seen this coming. And she should’ve moved in silence & been less messy if this wasn’t the outcome she wanted….

TalkthatTalk100%

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,907 1,025 112
Alleybux
Rachel should’ve seen this coming. And she should’ve moved in silence & been less messy if this wasn’t the outcome she wanted….

It was actually Van who kept saying he wanted Matt on the podcast. Rachel just tried to set it up but she wasn't really pushing for it and was the one that said they would no longer be discussing bachelor news on the podcast other than the Chris Harrison stories because those directly affected Rachel. But I do think this should be even more reason for her to back away for good. I believe this is the only contract she has left with the bachelor franchise but I'm not sure how much longer she has on it.

TalkthatTalk100%

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,907 1,025 112
Alleybux
Looks like Chris didn't get the 8 figure settlement.

Inside Chris Harrison’s Shocking Downfall as ‘The Bachelor’ Host — and a $9 Million Payout

A few sections from the article.

The strangest thing about the entire situation? Harrison was never even asked to participate in the “Extra” interview.

Multiple insiders tell Variety that Harrison participated in the interview on his own volition, but was never requested by a network or studio publicist to sit down for the press opportunity. When Lindsay asked a par-for-the-course question about Kirkconnell, the “Extra” correspondent did not push Harrison to elaborate and she wasn’t expecting Harrison to dive in. But he did, head first — and with a crash landing.

The following story is the result of interviews with numerous people familiar with what happened behind-the-scenes, leading up to Harrison’s departure. All of the individuals who spoke to Variety did so under the condition of anonymity either because they still work with “The Bachelor” franchise or because they are too closely associated to situation surrounding Harrison. But through their accounts, what becomes clear is that, even after the veteran host’s tone-deaf commentary, the entire situation was completely repairable — and avoidable.

ABC and Warner Bros. declined to comment for this story. Harrison’s legal representatives also declined to comment, and his agents never responded to Variety’s request for comment.

Contrary to previous press reports, Variety has learned that Harrison’s exit package was not a significant eight-figure payout. Instead, he received roughly $10 million — a combination of a $9 million exit settlement, plus remaining contractual fees — upon leaving the job he held since 2002.

So, what really happened?

After the “Extra” interview aired, Lindsay was stunned by Harrison’s response and was expecting a canned response. The interview lasted nearly 14 minutes, and she felt like she could not get a word in. Lindsay declined to comment for this article, but speaking on her “Higher Learning” podcast, she confirmed that no publicist accompanied Harrison during the interview, and said that he “talked over and at me.” Lindsay recalled: “He wasn’t trying to hear it. He was just trying to be heard.”

As soon as the interview aired, social media erupted and ABC and Warner Bros. realized they had a big problem on their hands. The network and studio panicked at the public response and went into quick damage control. In the immediate days following his interview, Harrison spoke to bigwigs within the franchise, who took an open approach. Harrison was never told that he’d be fired from his longtime position; in fact, any consideration of him being terminated was not even addressed in initial conversations. Instead, the talks revolved around Harrison apologizing, educating himself on race issues and making proper amends to people who were hurt by his comments within the franchise.

On March 4, “Good Morning America” aired a pre-taped interview between Harrison and anchor Michael Strahan. Prior to booking the “GMA” sit-down, Harrison had hired a crisis management publicist, Mike Sitrick, who previously represented Harvey Weinstein. (Today, Harrison is no longer represented by Sitrick.) With his new representation, Harrison was advised to do a TV interview, insiders say, and when ABC was informed of that, the network requested the spot to be on “GMA” to keep it in the family.

Harrison, likely expecting a softball interview as the face of the network’s top-rated reality franchise, was angered by the disastrous outcome. And, so were “Bachelor” executives, who were perplexed by Harrison’s rigid on-air performance, which came off disingenuous

At that point, it became clear that Harrison would need to take a longer time-out, but the franchise was still planning on eventually bringing him back, according to sources. At the request of “Bachelor” executives, Harrison contacted a handful of former cast members to mixed results, which Variety has confirmed through multiple sources. The general response from BIPOC cast members that Harrison had called or texted was informing him that his apology would be accepted, but he would need to put in the work to educate himself before he’d be welcomed back with open arms.

As all this was brewing, there was another major roadblock for Harrison. In March, current “Bachelorette” Katie Thurston flat-out refused to star in her season if Harrison was the host.

Insiders familiar with discussions say that Thurston spoke to Harrison directly, informing him that she would not feel comfortable starring as “The Bachelorette” if he was involved due to all of the controversy surrounding him. This conversation upset and hurt Harrison, according to a person familiar with their chat.

ABC and Warner Bros. declined to comment on Thurston’s conversation with Harrison.

Insiders close to Harrison say that the veteran host deeply cared about Bachelor Nation and loved his job. The entire situation took a toll on him, and he always planned on returning. His commitment to the franchise never wavered.

But eventually, Harrison’s desire to return to “The Bachelor” was overshadowed by the mess behind-the-scenes between his team and the studio and network. Harrison retained power attorney Bryan Freedman, who had recently represented Gabrielle Union in her dispute against “America’s Got Talent,” and negotiated a mega-million payout for Megyn Kelly when she left NBC News in early 2019. Freedman had also previously represented “The Bachelor” creator Mike Fleiss’ wife in her domestic violence allegations when she accused Fleiss of attacking her; but later, after a messy divorce settlement had been reached, the couple announced their reconciliation.

Harrison’s attorney was “outraged” by the dragging-out process, an insider previously told Variety, and felt that ABC and Warner Bros. were using his client as a scapegoat for all of the franchise’s diversity problems from the reality TV juggernaut’s inception.

Once production on Thurston’s season of “The Bachelorette” began, things started to unravel further. While Harrison’s attorney was putting up a tough fight, representing his client against the network and studio, Harrison was still under the impression he could make a comeback for the season. An insider close to production reveals that after cast and crew had already been sent to New Mexico to quarantine for “Bachelorette,” Harrison was essentially knocking on the door, asking to salvage his job by making calls to various people on set, begging them to put in a good word for him.

In early June, Variety published a report that Harrison would not be returning to host “Bachelor in Paradise” and would be replaced by a slew of rotating celebrity hosts, including David Spade, but that his overall future status with the franchise still remained in limbo. A person familiar with Harrison’s negotiations says, at the point the article was published, it had been decided that there was “absolutely no chance” Harrison would be returning for this summer’s season of “Bachelor in Paradise” and that the prospect of him returning to the franchise was “extraordinarily remote.” But, that particular article about “Bachelor in Paradise” set off Harrison and his inner circle, and ended up expediting the end-game for all parties, according to several sources.

Though Harrison had always wanted to keep his job, by that point, the damage was done and the relationship had soured, as drama hit an all-time high. His attorney quickly arranged an exit deal, and the network and studio put negotiations on the fast track

Within a matter of days, Harrison had reached a legal agreement to depart the franchise on his own accord. Part of the agreement Harrison signed included the public statement of an amicable parting-of-ways, which is typical in most high-profile Hollywood departures.

Despite previous reports, Harrison did not walk away with a substantial eight-figure payout. Two individuals familiar with the negotiations say that the host got $9 million, plus remaining contractual fees, which brought his total exit package to roughly $10 million — about the same paycheck he would have made from two years of work, as his contract was said to be around $5 million per year. (ABC, Warner Bros. and Harrison’s team all declined to comment on Harrison’s exit or any financial payout.)

However, just like any “Bachelor” breakup, the parting of ways is civil — at least on the surface. Or, according to the legal paperwork.

So basically, Chris went through all that hassle for nothing. Seems the trigger for him to give up trying to get his job back was the news that said he would not be hosting BIP. That was the sign for him that he wasn't coming back so he decided to save face and negotiate and exit package so he could say he left on his own accord. No wonder that GMA interview was an epic fail. Anybody who works for Harvey Weinstein is not to be trusted and they had him looking like a straight fool in that interview. Maybe he should have used that racial training he was getting from Michael Eric Dyson and got some better counsel (not cancel lol!) from better professionals. If you ask me, Chris lost in this situation. He didn't even get the 8 figure payout. People were saying well he got paid so he'll be fine and now it turns out he just got 2 years worth of pay. I would be so embarrassed if I were him. His reputation is still not that great and he got paid pennies in the entertainment industry world to leave a job he held for 19 years. Tragic.

Pusssie

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
26,442 437 114
Alleybux
Very long essay from Rachel Lindsay. A good read, and everything we already assumed was happening behind the scenes, but she's upset at the headline they ran with.

Wow, thanks for posting. Super insightful. Especially her audition process, questions she was asked during, Nick’s seasons and then her season. I may not always agree with Rachel, but I’m happy she’s no longer associated with the show

Auntie Iyanla

Saving heaux
Reaction score
Reactions
239,667 6,001 546
Alleybux
Wow, thanks for posting. Super insightful. Especially her audition process, questions she was asked during, Nick’s seasons and then her season. I may not always agree with Rachel, but I’m happy she’s no longer associated with the show
Yes, now I want to go back and rewatch Nick's season. He is such an interesting lead because he was producing his own season with the actual production team. I remember reading on reddit that Nick zoned in on Vanessa immediately, but also liked Raven and Rachel and wanted either of them to be casted for Bachelorette. He brought them to F3, and allegedly even told Raven in the Fantasy Suites that he would pick Vanessa but she should would have tons of opportunities moving forward and he'd help her along the way.

pentacles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,396 1,958 302
Alleybux
Honestly, there wasn't as much tea as I was expecting for those of us who have followed the show, and have heard Rachel speak about her experiences. Shame about the clown wardrobe, wig and make up in the photoshoots. I enjoyed the shade she threw at the white leads.

The only interesting that she calls Nick her favourite ex - they always seemed to have a nice friendship and made me think Nick might actually grow up instead he is dating a 20 something model.

I take this she is no longer friends with Peter (again) - this time last year they were in each other's DMs and almost followed each other gain.

I was with the women, who talked about having “mixed babies” and what it was like to be an interracial couple.
Rachel sounds offended by this, but part of her M.O after the show is talking to people about being in an interracial couple and the mixed babies they will have - she did it with clare and tayshia.
I had to hire people to protect me.
This was shocking, just goes to show how bad the harassment got.

I'm glad she praised Kenny and Josiah who were great guys and in relationships with black women. People always overlook that because one or two of the black guys on her season didn't date black women...neither did Dean, and he went far.

Last edited:

Pusssie

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
26,442 437 114
Alleybux
Yes, now I want to go back and rewatch Nick's season. He is such an interesting lead because he was producing his own season with the actual production team. I remember reading on reddit that Nick zoned in on Vanessa immediately, but also liked Raven and Rachel and wanted either of them to be casted for Bachelorette. He brought them to F3, and allegedly even told Raven in the Fantasy Suites that he would pick Vanessa but she should would have tons of opportunities moving forward and he'd help her along the way.
Yeah, from his first date with Vanessa, I could tell he was gone. Lol 100% he was picking her. Which is shocking for a male lead. I feel like a lot of the times, the bachelorette makes up their mind really early on whereas the Bachelor is still figuring out who they’ll pick maybe even down to the fantasy suites lol

Pusssie

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
26,442 437 114
Alleybux
Honestly, there wasn't as much tea as I was expecting for those of us who have followed the show, and have heard Rachel speak about her experiences. Shame about the clown wardrobe, wig and make up in the photoshoots. I enjoyed the shade she threw at the white leads.

The only interesting that she calls Nick her favourite ex - they always seemed to have a nice friendship and made me think Nick might actually grow up instead he is dating a 20 something model.

I take this she is no longer friends with Peter (again) - this time last year they were in each other's DMs and almost followed each other gain.

Rachel sounds offended by this, but part of her M.O after the show is talking to people about being in an interracial couple and the mixed babies they will have - she did it with clare and tayshia.

I'm glad she praised Kenny and Josiah who were great guys and in relationships with black women. People always overlook that because one or two of the black guys on her season didn't date black women...neither did Dean, and he went far.
Yeah, I just think a “friendship” with her and Peter simply can’t work…at all. Yes, the show filmed for a very short time, but I just think in an ironic kinda way there’s too much history. I’m not sure how to really explain it, but just too much there

I have heard about Peter reaching out to Rachel on how he could do his part in terms of Black Lives Matter. However, I saw someone in a thread on this site say that he was following a bunch of anti black pages and said some questionable things. I haven’t seen either of those, but wouldn’t be too shocked.

I was a huge Peter fan during Rachel’s season and wanted him to win. That scene where they both break down when he’s about to leave is still the most emotional scene in the franchise to me (I’m sorry, but I still don’t believe that Rachel made up her mind during hometowns that she didn’t want to pick him and I think that scene is a huge indicator of that. Not to mention coming off the show she was pretty much okay with most of the guys becoming lead or dating her friends if they were to go on paradise except for Peter).

However, I can see what Rachel is saying when she said he fits that cookie cutter image that the large portion of the show’s demographic gravitate towards. Like Peter could do no wrong in their eyes. The producers did her a MAJOR disservice by not showing her love story with Bryan. IMO, in was edited in a way where it wasn’t about her finding her “happily ever after”, but more so about Peter and how that came to an end. That entire show and the people behind it don’t give a sh!t about people actually finding love

ada bana

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,146 132 2
Alleybux

I like her friendship with Nick. In her last Bachelor Happy Hour episode she said she thinks they could work together professionally. The few times they've done podcasts together, they click well. I hope they do something someday.

Rachel probably expected to be treated better on her season because the producers really looked out for her on Nick's season. It was like a sorority house with her as president. Her crew had fun but they could've screwed her over and they didn't, and even girls that weren't tight with her like Taylor and Vanessa didn't say much bad about her publicly. Feels like producers were trying to give her a false sense of security so she'd be more open to being the lead.

I clocked what they were trying to do with Peter's friends back home. Rachel held it in well at the time for the cameras. It's true she made talking interracial relationships in BN part of her brand afterwards though. Regardless of how Tayshia handled her own marriage, it was weird to have Rachel talking to Tayshia about being in an interracial relationship when she had already been in an interracial marriage and is the product of one. That didn't make much sense.

LoveScorpio9

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,145 1,388 462
Alleybux
I understand that Rachel wishes to speak her mind and reveal the secrets behind bachelor nation, but has she acknowledged that this very platform is what has paved the way for her to receive so many opportunities?!?!?

Also, I mean, this was a reality tv show! Suprise! Suprise... I mean..

TalkthatTalk100%

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,907 1,025 112
Alleybux
I understand that Rachel wishes to speak her mind and reveal the secrets behind bachelor nation, but has she acknowledged that this very platform is what has paved the way for her to receive so many opportunities?!?!?

Just because she shot to fame due to the show doesn't mean she can't criticize the issues. This argument you're bringing up is the same stuff white angry people on SM say about her and how ungrateful she is. Ok sure we can argue that she should have known what to expect due to the nature of the show and it's lack of diversity prior to her but even though she gained so much from being on the show, they still did her dirty in many ways despite the many chances she gave them to course correct and they spit in her face basically or gave a little to take a lot. How I see it is if it takes someone from the inside to force their hands to make changes then so be it.

pentacles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,396 1,958 302
Alleybux

She has acknowledged it, and I don't think it is fair to downplay her hustle. Yes, the show propelled her to the spotlight but the show churns out a lot of people - how many of them have the career Rachel has had?

LoveScorpio9

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,145 1,388 462
Alleybux
Just because she shot to fame due to the show doesn't mean she can't criticize the issues. This argument you're bringing up is the same stuff white angry people on SM say about her and how ungrateful she is. Ok sure we can argue that she should have known what to expect due to the nature of the show and it's lack of diversity prior to her but even though she gained so much from being on the show, they still did her dirty in many ways despite the many chances she gave them to course correct and they spit in her face basically or gave a little to take a lot. How I see it is if it takes someone from the inside to force their hands to make changes then so be it.
I totally understand she may criticize the franchise and so forth however,,, this of course,isn't the first time she has been paid doing so.
It has almost become a lucrative job to criticize the franchise constantly; when in my opinion,, when she was chosen as the first black bachelorette,it was pretty darn obvious they picked her for the purpose of accomplishing their quota and so forth.
Still she went into the experience with enthusiasm and was a hell of a good bachelorette and was able to utilize that platform to gain higher opportunities and a husband.
Still the fact that she keeps on critizing them while getting paid for podcast/interviews etc.. still gives me a side eye all these years later.

LoveScorpio9

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,145 1,388 462
Alleybux
She has acknowledged it, and I don't think it is fair to downplay her hustle. Yes, the show propelled her to the spotlight but the show churns out a lot of people - how many of them have the career Rachel has had?
Im not downplaying her hustle ! Its great she has been able to utilize the platform through the bachelor to have so many great opportunities and branch out.. However I do not see her as a victim in this story alongside many others in this franchise as they have certainly gained so much.

pentacles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,396 1,958 302
Alleybux
Im not downplaying her hustle ! Its great she has been able to utilize the platform through the bachelor to have so many great opportunities and branch out.. However I do not see her as a victim in this story alongside many others in this franchise as they have certainly gained so much.

I agree. I don't think she is a victim in all this. The article was largely a repetition of things she has said before over the years. Both parties used each other. Rachel is pissed because she didn't see the white people moves coming. Despite everything that went down during her season, she wanted so much for them to give her a televised wedding special.

LoveScorpio9

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,145 1,388 462
Alleybux
I agree. I don't think she is a victim in all this. The article was largely a repetition of things she has said before over the years. Both parties used each other. Rachel is pissed because she didn't see the white people moves coming. Despite everything that went down during her season, she wanted so much for them to give her a televised wedding special.
Rachel grew up pretty sheltered, so no surprise there! She comes from a relatively wealthy family. Her sister is married to a white man; she hasn't had to feel the burn that many experiences regarding racism within an industry or institution before the show; if you look through her social media page, you can see a huge difference.
Even in her law firm as an associate, I remember seeing that she was the only black female working there and was a senior associate, so she had it all going for her before even the show.
My point is that if she genuinely does not want anything to do with the franchise, make a statement and walk away and disassociate yourself from all of this.
She has her husband and good connections, so I understand they pay her to do this. Still, many feel the burn associated with racism without gaining a dime, so.. the articles, interviews and so forth every year are slowly but surely making me side-eye her.

ada bana

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,146 132 2
Alleybux
Rachel grew up pretty sheltered, so no surprise there! She comes from a relatively wealthy family. Her sister is married to a white man; she hasn't had to feel the burn that many experiences regarding racism within an industry or institution before the show; if you look through her social media page, you can see a huge difference.
Even in her law firm as an associate, I remember seeing that she was the only black female working there and was a senior associate, so she had it all going for her before even the show.
My point is that if she genuinely does not want anything to do with the franchise, make a statement and walk away and disassociate yourself from all of this.
She has her husband and good connections, so I understand they pay her to do this. Still, many feel the burn associated with racism without gaining a dime, so.. the articles, interviews and so forth every year are slowly but surely making me side-eye her.
Rachel's been used to being a big fish in a small pond. She walked away from the show with a husband so in that sense it worked out for her, but I feel like she should've found another reality show to quit her job to go and do instead of the Bachelor. She has a personality that would've worked on anything competitive, and she probably could've gotten more opportunities.

The problem with her trying to take this activist platform in the Bachelor is that most black people don't care about this franchise and think she knew what she signed up for. On top of that, a lot of what she says is pretty basic for activist circles so it doesn't go far outside of Bachelor. I like her and Van but there are better places to hear about black entertainment and pop culture stories on other podcasts and YouTube. Rachel's also pretty traditional so that works against her. Her career feels a little stuck to me unless she can snag a spot on The View or get her own show. Otherwise she will never fully be able to stop associating with the show. I heard at one point she had a Judge Judy-type show planned.

It's also kind of a bad look for her to reference Matt and Michelle and even have time to gas up Nick but not mention Tayshia at all. They're probably going to be in similar circles and it's a bad idea to make it seem like there's tension there even if there isn't any.

LoveScorpio9

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,145 1,388 462
Alleybux
Rachel's been used to being a big fish in a small pond. She walked away from the show with a husband so in that sense it worked out for her, but I feel like she should've found another reality show to quit her job to go and do instead of the Bachelor. She has a personality that would've worked on anything competitive, and she probably could've gotten more opportunities.

The problem with her trying to take this activist platform in the Bachelor is that most black people don't care about this franchise and think she knew what she signed up for. On top of that, a lot of what she says is pretty basic for activist circles so it doesn't go far outside of Bachelor. I like her and Van but there are better places to hear about black entertainment and pop culture stories on other podcasts and YouTube. Rachel's also pretty traditional so that works against her. Her career feels a little stuck to me unless she can snag a spot on The View or get her own show. Otherwise she will never fully be able to stop associating with the show. I heard at one point she had a Judge Judy-type show planned.

It's also kind of a bad look for her to reference Matt and Michelle and even have time to gas up Nick but not mention Tayshia at all. They're probably going to be in similar circles and it's a bad idea to make it seem like there's tension there even if there isn't any.
EXACTLY....

pentacles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,396 1,958 302
Alleybux

I think you are reading too much into the lack of Tayshia mention. What is there to say about Tayshia in context of the article? Tayshia's season wasn't cast and crewed up for her.

ada bana

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,146 132 2
Alleybux
I think you are reading too much into the lack of Tayshia mention. What is there to say about Tayshia in context of the article? Tayshia's season wasn't cast and crewed up for her.
I could be reading into it but I don't actually think she did it for any type of reason. It just comes off weird to mention every other black lead. She's telling a story of everything that happened in the franchise after she was lead and she mentions every lead that came after her except for Tayshia and Colton. It's at least obvious why she left Colton out. I was surprised because Rachel was on her season after being mostly checked out of the franchise after the summer and apparently had an conversation about interracial relationships and politics that they cut out of the show. She didn't have to mention her but it felt like it was a part of this story.

pentacles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,396 1,958 302
Alleybux
I could be reading into it but I don't actually think she did it for any type of reason. It just comes off weird to mention every other black lead. She's telling a story of everything that happened in the franchise after she was lead and she mentions every lead that came after her except for Tayshia and Colton. It's at least obvious why she left Colton out. I was surprised because Rachel was on her season after being mostly checked out of the franchise after the summer and apparently had an conversation about interracial relationships and politics that they cut out of the show. She didn't have to mention her but it felt like it was a part of this story.

Actually the bolded is a good point. Maybe she didn't want to drag Tayshia in because ultimately Tayshia seems to be having a good experience? Tayshia spoke nicely of the diversity consultation she received from the show and she is now hosting the show - unlike the other black people mentioned. If Rachel brought that up again, it could be seen as going after yet another show presenter or sour grapes on her part.

pentacles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,396 1,958 302
Alleybux
I'm now key cringing at how Rachel is fawning over Nick before+after he said a whole lot of nothing in response to her article @5:32.

The Culture

News Alley

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

Top Bottom