Battle of the Juniors: Tatis vs. Guerrero vs. Acuna

Ditmars

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
11,332 1,180 2,988
Alleybux
What's up with you bitchez? You were supposed to answer the freaking-ass mothafucka question.

Reaction score
Reactions
16,886 389 627
Alleybux
I like Vlad the most. Somethings is just very poised about him. He has his swing down. I see longevity with him.
Acuna's cool, a little teenager-y to me always pouting lmfao. Idk about Acuna though, something about him is interesting plus I hadn't been watching to many Braves game prior to his injury.

Tatis needs to be more consistent. Obviously talented, but he's definitely being pushed to the forefront as some sort of make baseball more popular ploy, which is fine, but he is only 22 and moody with his offense and defensive. His best is attribute is his visible investment in the game can def see the frustration when he messes up, but I feel like that's his age. If he gets his emotions squared away, he'll be legendary.

But all three of them are candidates for that. If I had to bet on one for dependability rn, Vlad all the way.

Ditmars

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
11,332 1,180 2,988
Alleybux
I like Vlad the most. Somethings is just very poised about him. He has his swing down. I see longevity with him.
Acuna's cool, a little teenager-y to me always pouting lmfao. Idk about Acuna though, something about him is interesting plus I hadn't been watching to many Braves game prior to his injury.

Tatis needs to be more consistent. Obviously talented, but he's definitely being pushed to the forefront as some sort of make baseball more popular ploy, which is fine, but he is only 22 and moody with his offense and defensive. His best is attribute is his visible investment in the game can def see the frustration when he messes up, but I feel like that's his age. If he gets his emotions squared away, he'll be legendary.

But all three of them are candidates for that. If I had to bet on one for dependability rn, Vlad all the way.
Very interesting reviews and you are so on points because these are my impressions as well. I just think Tatis Jr. is better than Acuna. I would say Soto is more consistent than Acuna as well. The latter has more power though. Vladdy is better too. Vladdy>Tatis>Acuna>Soto.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
16,886 389 627
Alleybux
Very interesting reviews and you are so on points because these are my impressions as well. I just think Tatis Jr. is better than Acuna. I would say Soto is more consistent than Acuna as well. The latter has more power though. Vladdy is better too. Vladdy>Tatis>Acuna>Soto.
Yes, I think Soto and Devers get overlooked as canidates for young great batters. Even at the ASG, Soto had to remind them he was still young too lmfao. Devers doesn't talk about it much. His swing is super strong, but more control.

Reaction score
Reactions
16,886 389 627
Alleybux
LOOK AT VLAD! On par with Ohtani! He just has IT!

Tatis' batting stance is looking better, it's a lot less movement with a lot less chasing. I actually been enjoying most teams recently. That Dodgers -- Padres game was great. Machado was carrying the other night, but Tatis was clutch too. Progress. I love to see it!
Haven't seen much of Soto since I haven't been able to watch Nationals games. Devers was swinging hesitantly at the White Sox game, but it was still a good watch!

Things are getting hectic and pressure makes diamonds. I'm ready to see some shine.

Slimmings905

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
170 2
Alleybux
I'm late to the party but Vladdy all day. He has next level talent AND knows how to respond to adversity. He got so much heat from the Toronto media and fans for his weight and defense during 2019/2020. He apologized to his team during 2020 for showing up for the season overweight and then worked on himself during the offseason. Now he is an MVP candidate.

Devers is extremely underrated.

Reaction score
Reactions
16,886 389 627
Alleybux
I'm late to the party but Vladdy all day. He has next level talent AND knows how to respond to adversity. He got so much heat from the Toronto media and fans for his weight and defense during 2019/2020. He apologized to his team during 2020 for showing up for the season overweight and then worked on himself during the offseason. Now he is an MVP candidate.

Devers is extremely underrated.
It's something about that Boston team that makes players overlooked. I guess its cause so many exceptional players on one squad. It kinda drowns out the individual appreciation or maybe cause it's Boston lol either way not getting the reception you would think for people who love baseball

Slimmings905

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
170 2
Alleybux
It's something about that Boston team that makes players overlooked. I guess its cause so many exceptional players on one squad. It kinda drowns out the individual appreciation or maybe cause it's Boston lol either way not getting the reception you would think for people who love baseball
I think it's a combination of both. Also from what I saw/read, for most of this season Boston didn't get as much national media hype as the Jays, Rays and Yankees did. I don't think that people expected them to be this good after how they performed last season.