Quantcast

Being Mary Jane - S2, E2, - Freedom (2/10/15)

Oda Mae Brown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
207,147 1,637 622
Alleybux
I didn't get that at all though it seems to be a recurring theme with lesbians and straight male best friends in TV land and the movies. Anyways,to mean,he was indirectly saying if his partner was that important to him, that would have given him enough courage to come out his parents. Presumably, his platonic relationship with MJ was more important to him than his romantic relationship with his boyfriend.

I don't think he thought his friendship with Mary Jane is more important that his relationship with his boyfriend. He just put the fear he had of coming out to his parents and in general above his relationship with his boyfriend.

SparklyGlitters

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
474 27 25
Alleybux
If you have never had someone you trust, lie in so many ways, for years and about so many things you might not get it...but the fact that someone is creating a whole life out of lies is MIND BLOWING!

That was an awkward ass visit, if I was Mary Jane I would slipped on out like hmmm well this seems to be a family matter let me just go.

The way his dad reacted suprised me, not the homophobic slurs, but the fact that he was more hurt and upset that Mark didn't feel comfortable enough to be honest with them about it.

Naturally

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
122,895 4,139 2,898
Alleybux
Boring ass episode....

And i'm just gonna be honest

it's time to recast half the cast

starting with mary jane's boring ass family

that half not cute-- not really cute...but sometimes cute azz david

her gay best friend

all blahhhhhhhhh, we need some hotness going on

some damn where

look how small THIS thread is... I pray it picks up soon

and the ratings are good

I agree, more men on the show. I feel like David's story has been wrapped over and over again. But I wonder if they're sort of angling David to be MJ's Mr. Big. I'm gonna guess there's going to be some kind of paternity conflict down the road.

I also think they need to focus less on the news stories on Talking Back. Even though it seems to be a huge device in plotting and bringing forth current social issues to the mainstream, I think they put way too much story developing into these non-stories. Sometimes the episode feels like one long stream of statistics. And the prostitution angle was not new, fresh or interesting. The stories weren't so moving, in my opinion, that they couldn't be truncated down to a sound bite on her show.

Auting

Lo hice a mi manera
Reaction score
Reactions
4,814 127 130
Alleybux
I don't think he thought his friendship with Mary Jane is more important that his relationship with his boyfriend. He just put the fear he had of coming out to his parents and in general above his relationship with his boyfriend.

I would fully agree with you if the boyfriend didn't state that Mark was in a relationship with MJ,he in turn agreeing and also stating he was straddling the fence. He put everything above his relationship with his boyfriend.

wizkidz

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,068 44 17
Alleybux
Its really hard for me to take MJ and David seriously. We spent the entire last season seeing her get phucked by Omari, and now all of a sudden we're supposed to believe shes all into David??? To me they should have developed the Mj and David story more last season. That would make this season more believable.

indasnow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,655 210 103
Alleybux
That scene between Mark and his parents = powerful. Also great that they highlighted xes trafficking.

However, that opening quote allows me to go into a little rant:

John Lennon and Yoko Ono were not sh!t back in the 70s and ain't sh!t today for that "Woman is the N-Word of the World". First, of all, the use of racial slur used to insult black people by a white man and an asian woman? Miss me with that. Second, "woman" is a general term and there are other factors like race, religion, class, disability, nationality, etc that mean that some women are treated worse than others. I have never really liked John and Yoko for that reason and when they showed it when the show started, it pissed me right off. LOL

CarmenJonesGal

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
367,605 10,223 2,157
Alleybux
Its really hard for me to take MJ and David seriously. We spent the entire last season seeing her get phucked by Omari, and now all of a sudden we're supposed to believe shes all into David??? To me they should have developed the Mj and David story more last season. That would make this season more believable.

I agree. It would make more sense to bring in some new meat. I think the actor who played Greg on Girlfriends would be a good match for MJ or somebody else who is extremely charismatic.

The David storyline seemed done last season and I didn't feel electricity between the two actors like she had with Omari's crazy fine az.

Agent355

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,100 58 20
Alleybux
Good episode. My favorite was the xes trafficking and Mark storylines. That 1 storyline with him confronting his parents was way more realistic than Lee Daniels' "I'm pushing buttons" gay character.

JuneBug29

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,161 1,465 277
Alleybux
i love how mary jane always looks "fresh"

like you know shes wearing makeup but its not natural and soft looking.

or gabby just has really good skin.

i come out of work looking an oily mess by the end of the day

Pepperann

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
21,542 574 126
Alleybux
I'm still trying to figure out if MJ is going crazy and finally coming to her senses.

HELLO Rupert

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
10,075 139 89
Alleybux
Having finished season 2, I now see why this thread is so short. I enjoyed it but liked season 1 so much more. Season 2, while I liked each episode alone, it was disjointed to me. All together they felt like an unraveling woven story that couldn't quite stay cohesive. I will watch Season 3 and probably will binge watch the series all over again before it starts.

ALLOFTHIS

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
185,062 4,466 2,068
Alleybux
i love how mary jane always looks "fresh"

like you know shes wearing makeup but its not natural and soft looking.

or gabby just has really good skin.

i come out of work looking an oily mess by the end of the day

I think its both. There is nothing worst than to see the build up of acne and foundation/concealer on someone.
Her skin looks flawless!!

ALLOFTHIS

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
185,062 4,466 2,068
Alleybux
I'm still trying to figure out if MJ is going crazy and finally coming to her senses.

I'm over here trying to figure out this CC story. I thought the station tried to say she was drunk when she wasn't. Was that epsiode 1? I need that thread.

InThatThread

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,519 991 556
Alleybux
This epi was good. I was totally caught off guard my the ending. I'm glad Cece was set up. I was thinking Cece was going to start extorting Mary Jane for more money when she gave them advice about the show.

I hope Mary Jane gets her gate fix next season lol.

MsAChase

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,837 1,143 5
Alleybux
This epi was good. I was totally caught off guard my the ending. I'm glad Cece was set up. I was thinking Cece was going to start extorting Mary Jane for more money when she gave them advice about the show.

I hope Mary Jane gets her gate fix next season lol.

I think you commented on the wrong thread, but meant this for the one that aired tonight. :)

SugahPlum

I'm one of one, I'm number one, I'm the only one
Reaction score
Reactions
118,967 3,461 1,270
Alleybux
20,000 for white hoe?

latest

SugahPlum

I'm one of one, I'm number one, I'm the only one
Reaction score
Reactions
118,967 3,461 1,270
Alleybux
giphy-18.gif

I'm happy that I binged watch the series. Loved the quotes. Loved the clothes and hair. Gabrielle Union has great freaking skin. BROWNSKINGOALS#

Marisol and got Kara good.:highly_amused: Kara's husband being a lazy ass is karma for her being asshat to that Latin zaddy. Hilarious.

Mary Jane was able drop a potential love because it wasn't her ideal love(black love).Very Interesting.

I'm mad at the black chick(works at the school,administrator) who's seems to be falling for Patrick's broke druggy ass. Shet! Do better heffa! UGH!

I didn't shed a tear when Lisa died. Bish, had been sabotaging Mary Jane for long time. I know something was off from the first episode.

David is very annoying. I ain't got time for all these stupid ass mind games.

I felt bad for the Cutty Buddy. The fear of losing his spot on NFL made me sad. I cried cuz he couldn't find another path to be successful. :crying2:

Helen Patterson is my favorite character. I would watch series about her life.
latest

I hope it comes back for a 4th season.