Quantcast

Being Mary Jane - S4, E3 - Getting Real - (1/31/17) 10 PM

Princess Jazzy

President of the Dak Prescott Fanclub
Reaction score
Reactions
87,982 1,984 384
Alleybux
Lol hey I agree. this new one is...well, normally I wouldn't consider him attractive, but he's aight -- he's definitely no David or Andre, that's for sure. :apthy:

Lol. Plus any remotely redeeming qualities he had left after finger-gate. I can't believe men ask their girlfriends to help them live out their homosexual fantasies. That sh!t was the biggest L that MJ took since the damn series started. SMH. MJ beta stop playing and tell Cuddy to come see some sights in New York.

Kitty4Eyes

Judging all of you
Reaction score
Reactions
22,722 269 113
Alleybux
Lol. Plus any remotely redeeming qualities he had left after finger-gate. I can't believe men ask their girlfriends to help them live out their homosexual fantasies. That sh!t was the biggest L that MJ took since the damn series started. SMH. MJ beta stop playing and tell Cuddybto come see some sights in New York.

I couldn't believe they added that to her story. smh To me that proves what I've been saying since SE4_EP 1: they are trying to mess up a thing. Her character may have been flawed before, but she was also inspiring in other ways, and I loved how it gave us a platform to discuss issues that predominately affects Black/AA women. but making her do the finger thingy was tew meuch. Cuddybae is cute, but I thought he was jiggalo? :e6_25:

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
87,982 1,984 384
Alleybux
I couldn't believe they added that to her story. smh To me that proves what I've been saying since SE4_EP 1: they are trying to mess up a thing. Her character may have been flawed before, but she was also inspiring in other ways, and I loved how it gave us a platform to discuss issues that predominately affects Black/AA women. but making her do the finger thingy was tew meuch. Cuddybae is cute, but I thought he was jiggalo? :e6_25:

I thought she left him alone because of the seizures. Whatever the case, at least he didn't want her for her fingers. I think MJ is the same. She has just lost a sense of confidence because of the situation with her job. The head huncho is now at the bottom of the ladder. She's been humbled. She can't define herself by the things she used to have. She has grown in terms being able to untangle herself from her family and move. Once she finds her footing, she'll be back to talking about ugly black women. Lol.

LemonShark

Reality Von Tease
Reaction score
Reactions
193,346 14,925 3,744
Alleybux
Right? I just lost all respect for this character when he laid there with those legs tooted up like that. Heavy breathing and shat while she stunk up her finger. I just can't.

Am I out in these streets sticking my finger up my husband's ass, fµck no. I PRAY he don't ask. I'd LIKE to say there would be a misunderstanding if he did. But, because he's a good man who overlooks MY flaws and faults as this man does with MJ (she's beautiful, professional and financially stable, but we can agree she has issues), hell I may have to think of a work around (namely liquor and/or crack rock) to try and keep my husband happy. It's a sacrifice. Both sides have to learn to make them. I feel that's what MJ is learning.

Here ya go! You're Welcome!

photo_Aroyan_IMG_0144_1024x1024.jpg

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
87,982 1,984 384
Alleybux
Here ya go! You're Welcome!

photo_Aroyan_IMG_0144_1024x1024.jpg

Lol. You can still feel through those though! And they don't take away the fact my man is letting me penetrate him. I was just disgusted by that scene girl! Especially when he acted like her finger was stanking! Lol. You don't want to touch or smell your own ass but I'm supposed to be okay digging in it? MJ should've ghosted that fool the minute he told her he was down with finger play.

LemonShark

Reality Von Tease
Reaction score
Reactions
193,346 14,925 3,744
Alleybux
Idk ya'll, I'm still not feeling it. This is a completely different show.

Girl you know it's more. MJ is going to fall head over heels in love with him and then find out his wife took the kids and left him after discovering he was secretly gay. I don't trust Me. Finger My Booty. I don't trust him at all.

Demetria's read was on it. About halfway through at about 8:00 she says up to now we've sen the world from Mary Jane's POV. For the first time we're seeing the objective reality. The show isn't different.She's the same woman who stole sperm, stalked her married lover's wife, and snapped on guests and bosses at work. [video=youtube;8ScllIs6YkM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ScllIs6YkM[/video]

shelacatt

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
848 27 21
Alleybux
Demetria's read was on it. About halfway through at about 8:00 she says up to now we've sen the world from Mary Jane's POV. For the first time we're seeing the objective reality. The show isn't different.She's the same woman who stole sperm, stalked her married lover's wife, and snapped on guests and bosses at work. [video=youtube;8ScllIs6YkM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ScllIs6YkM[/video]

Demetria talks about MJ taking a step back at 40 bc she went from tv to the internet. Wouldn't De be taking a step back herself? She went from television to a YouTube show. I guess the ultimate goal is to build something on her own terms.

Andmetoo

Like Titus Andromedon, I am an enigma.
Reaction score
Reactions
101,548 1,506 370
Alleybux
I thoroughly accept your read. I am guilty of thinking how hard that man is on the eyes every time he enters a scene. And you're right. I've been hoping Ealy takes her into the break room, takes his shirt off, and bends her over. But remember tv is a visual medium. Women like to get their look on, okay! I'm sorry. Especially when I vividly remember the first scene I ever saw with MJ. That fine ass married man was phucking the ever loving shat outta her. Then there was David. Then remember the big sexy ass football player that had a seizure? Whew! They spoiled us. Now I simply expect eye candy with my drama.

plus as a side note (maybe this speaks to my vanity) I had a bad experience with a short ugly guy. I tried to give him a chance. Tried to look past the exterior. And guess what? He still turned out to be a damn fool.

He wasn't trying to make her slow down when she bust it wide open that first night. I can't put a finger on it but I think he's playing games. I don't think he's being mature, I think he's full of sh!t. There's a reason he's push and pull. She doesn't really know him yet (how can she when they met like 2 hours ago) and I just honestly can't get past the stalkerish activity. Plus the way she begged for love makes me feel like she's just accepting it from wherever she can get it. I don't feel like she's into this like David or the married man. She even had a convo with Kara in the taxi that made me suspect she just wanted to make sure she had someone before she was old and childless. She was willing to pay that matchmaker for this very thing. The chemistry just isn't there. Plus think about how quickly MJ was ready to switch it up for that light skin daddy that took the fall for her boss at work. Had he not taken the fall, she would've goosed him. She's settling because she really doesn't want him! She just doesn't want to be alone.
and what do you mean fit with his kids? He's not even with his kids. They're a whole ocean away.

And no the way he humiliated her in front of his friends wasn't cool. Airing their sh!t like that was foul as hell. Men and women should never handle someone like that they want to continue being in a relationship with. I would've shot him the deuces so fast for that. I couldn't be with someone down to embarrass me like that.

Touché. I'm picking up what you putting down. Y'all need consistency in terms of the looks. I live for her fashion sense and if that SUDDENLY changed, I'd take issue. As for her relationships and career I want them to teach us something. I remember when I was in my 20s and Charlotte fell for the short Jewish guy on xes and the City, it felt like a teachable moment. I want the most to portray Black women in the same light. Prince Charming isn't always in a neat package.

But out I get you! You wants to be AROUSED in this b!tch. I forgot about the football player seizing all over the damn place. He was fine though.

Visual333

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
So miss Atlanta setting , I can appreciate the career moves but seriously girls her new man is nothing compared to her past lovers
personaly He bores me to death , too serious , not enough xes appeal ...I dont feel the chemistry at all
Also the lighting , angles , editing are very different this season . Bring back old Mary jane and add some real spyce please
I love this show too much . Producers get on board now!

I was PISSED when it wasn't aired last week.

I miss the Atlanta setting, but I'm enjoying the season.

Candi2012

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,215 1,616 3,904
Alleybux
I'm annoyed about the comments on her man's looks. First of all, the man AIN'T ugly. He's not my type at all, but at a certain point in your life you realize that you have to consider the full package. I LOVED that in a moment where she felt down about work, he showed up. She deserves a good man to lean on when the chips are down. One of my girls went on and on about how cute her man was. He treated her well. Then when I met him, he sitting there with a lazy eye. He was cute, buttttt y'all get my drift. I don't think she noticed or - perhaps - cared. Perhaps that's how MJ feels about his head shape. Hell, half of us on this board prolly got tank heads but thank GAWD we have hair to cover that ish up.

Just like real life, you find a GOOD man who treating you right and everyone else who single or in bad relationships trying to tear your sh!t down. Folks were lit as hell for the other dudes who straight drug MJ because they were fine. I like that this man is patient and he's teaching her how to calm her ass down and have an adult relationship. Whether they stay together or not, that's growth she can apply to and - hopefully keep - the next man. Now let Michael Ealy rip off his shirt and start trying to get with her and folks will forget all about how he dogged her at work and make him Prince Charming because of those damn cat eyes he has.

Am I out in these streets sticking my finger up my husband's ass, fµck no. I PRAY he don't ask. I'd LIKE to say there would be a misunderstanding if he did. But, because he's a good man who overlooks MY flaws and faults as this man does with MJ (she's beautiful, professional and financially stable, but we can agree she has issues), hell I may have to think of a work around (namely liquor and/or crack rock) to try and keep my husband happy. It's a sacrifice. Both sides have to learn to make them. I feel that's what MJ is learning.

I can't bring myself to do it either with my finger, luckily there are toys one can use instead. One such toy is a string of small anal beads. You can keep it in its' own cloth to wrap it in once you pull the beads out. The prostate area is truly an erogenous zone that will drive a confident hetero man wild.

Candi2012

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,215 1,616 3,904
Alleybux
I thoroughly accept your read. I am guilty of thinking how hard that man is on the eyes every time he enters a scene. And you're right. I've been hoping Ealy takes her into the break room, takes his shirt off, and bends her over. But remember tv is a visual medium. Women like to get their look on, okay! I'm sorry. Especially when I vividly remember the first scene I ever saw with MJ. That fine ass married man was phucking the ever loving shat outta her. Then there was David. Then remember the big sexy ass football player that had a seizure? Whew! They spoiled us. Now I simply expect eye candy with my drama.

plus as a side note (maybe this speaks to my vanity) I had a bad experience with a short ugly guy. I tried to give him a chance. Tried to look past the exterior. And guess what? He still turned out to be a damn fool.

He wasn't trying to make her slow down when she bust it wide open that first night. I can't put a finger on it but I think he's playing games. I don't think he's being mature, I think he's full of sh!t. There's a reason he's push and pull. She doesn't really know him yet (how can she when they met like 2 hours ago) and I just honestly can't get past the stalkerish activity. Plus the way she begged for love makes me feel like she's just accepting it from wherever she can get it. I don't feel like she's into this like David or the married man. She even had a convo with Kara in the taxi that made me suspect she just wanted to make sure she had someone before she was old and childless. She was willing to pay that matchmaker for this very thing. The chemistry just isn't there. Plus think about how quickly MJ was ready to switch it up for that light skin daddy that took the fall for her boss at work. Had he not taken the fall, she would've goosed him. She's settling because she really doesn't want him! She just doesn't want to be alone.
and what do you mean fit with his kids? He's not even with his kids. They're a whole ocean away.

And no the way he humiliated her in front of his friends wasn't cool. Airing their sh!t like that was foul as hell. Men and women should never handle someone like that they want to continue being in a relationship with. I would've shot him the deuces so fast for that. I couldn't be with someone down to embarrass me like that.

Good points. However, I don't like that Ealy (sp.) guy's role nor his looks. In fact, IMO, the new guy and Ealy are both facially unattractive. With Ealy playing that role, I would not want to see MJ getting with him xesually at all. I'd love to see MJ do some digging and find things that would embarrass the woman and Ealy, to eventually get rid of them.

Elle Vee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
2,006 85 77
Alleybux
Good points. However, I don't like that Ealy (sp.) guy's role nor his looks. In fact, IMO, the new guy and Ealy are both facially unattractive. With Ealy playing that role, I would not want to see MJ getting with him xesually at all. I'd love to see MJ do some digging and find things that would embarrass the woman and Ealy, to eventually get rid of them.

The bad part about it is that there is clearly something Brewing within Michael Ealy's character in regards to MJ lol. He's a dick to her...but WHY? B/c he WANTS her and believes she's not living up to her potential. They're obviously going to....what's the term y'all used a page or two back...goose? at some point lol.

ms_micia

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
754 26 24
Alleybux
Ok I'm late as hell but my thoughts...

First any brother into consistent and penetrating booty play is suspect. Period. Done. You don't do anal beads but you want me to put my actually finger in your ass?? Sir...SIR!

I'm tired of them having Mary Jane losing. She didn't even have a long run of "winning" before all the wind is being pulled out her sails. She has the goods to get what she wants, she just needs to hone in on it. The writers need to offer her the opportunity.

They could have made Ealy's character a woman (a white woman specifically) if they were going to be accurate in what is going on in the journalist world right now. I know there will be some romantic tension with their characters. I need it now rather than later.

The writing is rudimentary and they aren't tackling any of the social issues they did last season. If they don't do better than making her look like a desperate basket case. Valerie didn't do all that because Mary Jane isn't a threat.

If she goes to "NY" just to fail AND we don't get any real closure with her Atlanta relationships I will tuning out. I don't get down with sh!tty writing about black women.

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
87,982 1,984 384
Alleybux
Ok I'm late as hell but my thoughts...

First any brother into consistent and penetrating booty play is suspect. Period. Done. You don't do anal beads but you want me to put my actually finger in your ass?? Sir...SIR.

standing-ovation.gif

Thank you! I'm a bit frightened at MJ (and women in here) consigning on male anal play as if it's normal for straight men! A man who is into being penetrated has "tendencies" that I wouldn't be able to ignore.

SLAPYaTUNG

FlightofDaNavigator
Reaction score
Reactions
53,220 1,931 1,677
Alleybux
This show has gone to the garbage can. I am not into this new format.

Self Educate Before You Denigrate [emoji85][emoji86][emoji87]

Incokneegrow

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic;
Reaction score
Reactions
525,826 16,846 5,593
Alleybux
i liked this epi. first this season thus far. i have been drinking as well though.. [MENTION=219256]Princess Jazzy[/MENTION] your commentary been cracking me tf up

Zeeyonce

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
239 3 2
Alleybux
BISHESSS WHY DIDN'T ANYONE INFORM ME THAT THIS SHOW EXISTED.

JESUS, WE DONT GET BET IN AUSTRALIA.

SO I HAD SURGERY ON THURSDAY, AND I HAVE BINGED WATCHED UP TO SEASON 3 IN 3 DAYS,,,, OMGHDSDJSKJLAKLSAKSADSKADSKL;ADSKLSD

I LOVE THIS, Mj REMINDS ME very much about myself, career orientated, can't commit to no man, but want babies, and have a full on family...

this show is so damn relatable, and these fine asssszzz chocolate men. OH JESUS.

I need a goodie boy David, oh god, I need to catch up .. oh and lisa needs to go ... ASAP, she DID THAT TO MJ'S FACE

kiki jones

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,493 1,639 1,477
Alleybux
I really dislike the pov of the writing this season. The camera angles and writing were sympathetic to MJ before. Now there is distance and judgement -- it's almost like the camera is a hostile male or white person looking down at MJ vs identifying with her flaws.

You can tell some black women's voices are lacking this year. Mario VPs directing isn't doing it for me.

_PurpleKissesXO

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
743 21 8
Alleybux
BISHESSS WHY DIDN'T ANYONE INFORM ME THAT THIS SHOW EXISTED.

JESUS, WE DONT GET BET IN AUSTRALIA.

SO I HAD SURGERY ON THURSDAY, AND I HAVE BINGED WATCHED UP TO SEASON 3 IN 3 DAYS,,,, OMGHDSDJSKJLAKLSAKSADSKADSKL;ADSKLSD

I LOVE THIS, Mj REMINDS ME very much about myself, career orientated, can't commit to no man, but want babies, and have a full on family...

this show is so damn relatable, and these fine asssszzz chocolate men. OH JESUS.

I need a goodie boy David, oh god, I need to catch up .. oh and lisa needs to go ... ASAP, she DID THAT TO MJ'S FACE

Giiiirl, take our advice and stop when you finish season three lmao! This current season 4 is a whole mess

ms_micia

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
754 26 24
Alleybux
I really dislike the pov of the writing this season. The camera angles and writing were sympathetic to MJ before. Now there is distance and judgement -- it's almost like the camera is a hostile male or white person looking down at MJ vs identifying with her flaws.

You can tell some black women's voices are lacking this year. Mario VPs directing isn't doing it for me.

It's the stark difference between how we see ourselves (Mara) and how black men see us (Mario VP). Jarring isn't it? No sympathy no humanness, no character development just crazy desperate black girl who needs to be put in her place and taken down a notch.

kiki jones

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,493 1,639 1,477
Alleybux
It's the stark difference between how we see ourselves (Mara) and how black men see us (Mario VP). Jarring isn't it? No sympathy no humanness, no character development just crazy desperate black girl who needs to be put in her place and taken down a notch.

100%

I also wonder how much of this is due to GU's contract dispute with BET???

Zeeyonce

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
239 3 2
Alleybux
Ok
season 4 is stank
.. first 3 seasons had a sense of warmth
this season is cold AF.. and fake AF

Take this sh!t back to atlanta .. and I NEED MY DAVID BACK. This british comedian is doing nothing for me .. honest to god thought that Draymond green changed his career to small screen &#128514;&#128514;

Also WHY THE FFFF wasnt the niecy/police storyline explored more. I wanted to see MJs response on the TV ..

Hopefully they get their assess in formation and ressurcut this .. becAuse the first 3 seasons were dope.. now these storylines are stupid DOPEY and cheap