Zeeyonce

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
239 3 2
Alleybux
Ok this episode wasnt so bad !!! At least there was a damn msg behind it 🙌🏾🙌🏾
- Michael Ealys character .. urgh 😣😣😣
but dem eyes and velvet voice 🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾 BUT LOLLLL at that Becky comment .. his GF is BEAUTIFUL.
-Can Mj and ealy get it together already
-is this rapper suppose to depict ASAP rocky ? And is he supposed to black?!??!! ..
-ineeddavidwhereisdavid.com
-Olivia seems shady af
-Draymond is a black David Beckham .. I loved his speech at end of episode.

Anyhooo MJ get yo ass back to Atlanta

Princess Jazzy

President of the Dak Prescott Fanclub
Reaction score
Reactions
88,033 1,985 384
Alleybux
Yes Please!! I'm tired of black Nigel Thornberry and his discussion questions and attitude. I'll take my man sexy self over alllll these jackhammer struggle xes scenes with Kara.

I second that. Man I used to envy MJ, watching her in her big house, messing with him. This season....not so much.

This episode was pretty good. The topic of black masculinity should be discussed more on

Mary Jane isn't used to men that aren't over masculine, that's why she thought Lee was suspect.

Or is it that he likes things in his ass and crosses his legs?

Anyhooo MJ get yo ass back to Atlanta

You can be a gentlemen without having overly feminine qualities. I've tried yall, but I don't like her new DL boyfriend at ALL! They are not a good match- physically or mentally. He tries to play like he's so good but it comes off as condescending to me. He thinks he's schooling her on everything. Ummm dude, stfu thinking you know everything and go see about those kids you straight abandoned to be a stand up comedian. He's a stalker who wants to be poked just as much as MJ does. I don't like this accept the suspect brother message at all. A man can be sensitive, gentle, and good to you without acting like more of a b!tch than you do. Mark my words. MJ moved to fast with him. She don't know him. That will come back to bite her.

MzTeaze

QueenSupreme
Reaction score
Reactions
58,305 1,367 276
Alleybux
I'm not loving this season at all. It's like the right people are there but the script just isn't.

NurseLula

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,832 55 22
Alleybux
I think by the end of the season Justin will be the sympathetic character, and everyone will be rooting for him. I say that because, although Mary Jane is the main character, there is still something so unlikable about her.

ALLOFTHIS

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
185,062 4,466 2,068
Alleybux
Did NYC make MJ just a tad more simple and naive? She is all over the place trying to shack up with a smooth operator she doesn't know ish about other than he aint from here, he's a comedian and has two kids out of wedlock.

I'll be glad when she and Ealy stop the shenanigans and get it on and he move on so the real man she needs invades her life.

I think I am now only watching for Ronda and her chess moves....but I know she'll lose in the end. It's all too obvious now. I think MJ will be wreck until the show ends.

Her brother kinda cute now...

SpurgeonRose

I get stronger every time Judas dowvotes me
Reaction score
Reactions
90,893 5,304 2,261
Alleybux

'
draymond-green-030216-getty-ftrjpg_11yxu7bourk4613knzedu46jtp.jpg
Had to google him but I see it

Raqijjjjj

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,611 137 41
Alleybux
Yesterday after watching this,I was thinking anyone on here should be writing for this show. I'm afraid where we are heading with this show now.

As right now, I think it is trying so hard to be trendy and I don't care for that.

Honestly, last season was my favorite. The second season was a bore and the first season was good after the premiere movie. However, this current season just lacks the spark that it had going with the third one. I loved the woman that was trying to scam Mary Jane, but this one, it feels like scenes being pasted together with a song of a day thrown into the mess.

Even though, this episode was half way decent and I was entertained. Again, it made me see the changes and I just don't care for it.

CristelleAmande

Victoria Monét - Good Bye
Reaction score
Reactions
28,234 291 48
Alleybux
MJ's new man is ruining this series for me. It's bad enough that her gorgeous house is no longer the backdrop of the show, that she seems to have lost a few brain cells since moving to New York, that the setting for the new network looks cheap compared to SNC and that her hair and make up is now more miss than hit but this dude right here is bringing the already shaky quality of this season below sea levels.

Not only is he not very easy on the eyes, he's also pontificating all the time, on top of being a never-married twice baby daddy who subjected us to that nauseating finger scene. He better not be end game for her. I can't deal with him being on the show much longer. She might as well remain single if this is the best she can do.

PutaPorFavor

DA BADDESTTTTTT PUTA
Reaction score
Reactions
58,177 2,102 1,117
Alleybux
thissssssssssss!

not only is he not very easy on the eyes, he's also pontificating all the time, on top of being a never-married twice baby daddy who subjected us to that nauseating finger scene. he better not be end game for her. I can't deal with him being on the show much longer. She might as well remain single if this is the best she can do.

Autumn Leaves

LSA is full of experts with no expertise
Reaction score
Reactions
108,041 1,596 290
Alleybux
I kinda want MJ to end up with Justin. I can see from that last scene with him and MJ last night right before he left with his girlfriend that they're gonna make him into a sympathetic character as the season goes on. So maybe this whole relationship with the British guy is just a jumpstart into MJ realizing what she really wants. Idk, just a thought. It's the only way they'll keep me a fan of the show because the storyline now is not cutting it.

Kitty4Eyes

Judging all of you
Reaction score
Reactions
22,722 269 113
Alleybux
Did y'all see the trailer for the next episode?? So they got Niecy fighting and pulling people's wigs off? Chile, I knew the show would get all stereotypical once Mrs. Brocks left. I just knew it. Black women can't have nothing positive or inspiring. SMH

obsidian

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,298 64 15
Alleybux
Terrible episode. I was cringing at the last scene with MJ and her dude. I'm so turned off and I used to love this show and it's clear as mud the difference that Mara Brock Akil made when she was at the helm of this show.

Geekish

I see Humans but no Humanity
Reaction score
Reactions
20,708 497 125
Alleybux
I'm sorry I just can't get into the British man. Not only is he unattractive (huge forehead and mouth area), he comes across as a try-hard pretentious pillock.

He also seems to suspiciously end in the same places MJ ends up. Like a stalker.

The writing for his backstory could have been better; his kids live in England. Isn't he in his 40s? Why is he still trying to break into the comedy scene.

The finger in the booty scene was odd, I feel his testing the waters. Soon he'll be suggesting a strap on then a threesome with a man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreannaBarnes

F*CK THE RULES!
Reaction score
Reactions
88,927 6,594 611
Alleybux
Terrible episode. I was cringing at the last scene with MJ and her dude. I'm so turned off and I used to love this show and it's clear as mud the difference that Mara Brock Akil made when she was at the helm of this show.

I can't help but wonder what direction Mara was going to take the show. I really wanted to see what became of the lawsuit against Kara and the aftermath of the situation with Niecy. This just may be the last season.

kimsrightcheek

Unbothered
Reaction score
Reactions
949 28 16
Alleybux
They just had to put in the "mmph, he's dating a becky". Gawd this show is AWFUL now, just awful, awful awful. I HATE IT!!!!!

I didn't like that either, I prefer that talk be something SOME Black folks discuss among themselves.

Thank you.

Look I'm not sure when why or how some private convos became the "general opinion of All black women". That scene was disgusting. It came off as bitter, like we all sit around and wonder which guy is with a non black woman. Nope.

I'm not sure what their aim is but that could have been left out.

I see WM/BW all the time (even on youtube), we don't know how WW feel about that, but for some reason we are always displayed as the ones showing the most disdain. Stop it.

Kitty4Eyes

Judging all of you
Reaction score
Reactions
22,722 269 113
Alleybux
Thank you.

Look I'm not sure when why or how some private convos became the "general opinion of All black women". That scene was disgusting. It came off as bitter, like we all sit around and wonder which guy is with a non black woman. Nope.

I'm not sure what their aim is but that could have been left out.

I see WM/BW all the time (even on youtube), we don't know how WW feel about that, but for some reason we are always displayed as the ones showing the most disdain. Stop it.

Yep, and trust, they hate it, but as you said, it is never discussed in their shows/movies. I was reading the comments to that John Stamos/Regina Hall on his IG and all those white women/girls had something negative to say about him kissing her (it was for a show mind you, smh) and said he better not be dating her and "why couldn't they find a ww" etc. This is how they feel when their men are with Black women. People naturally want to see their counterparts with women/men of the same race, so Idk why they make us out to be the ABW whenever we express ourselves and then put it in entertainment to make it seem like we all are just bitter or whatnot. I wish we could control our images on TV. What we see happening towards us is seriously some straight up psychological warfare.

kimsrightcheek

Unbothered
Reaction score
Reactions
949 28 16
Alleybux
Yep, and trust, they hate it, but as you said, it is never discussed in their shows/movies. I was reading the comments to that John Stamos/Regina Hall on his IG and all those white women/girls had something negative to say about him kissing her (it was for a show mind you, smh) and said he better not be dating her and "why couldn't they find a ww" etc. This is how they feel when their men are with Black women. People naturally want to see their counterparts with women/men of the same race, so Idk why they make us out to be the ABW whenever we express ourselves and then put it in entertainment to make it seem like we all are just bitter or whatnot. I wish we could control our images on TV. What we see happening towards us is seriously some straight up psychological warfare.

Yes it is.

Glad you brought up that John Stamos/Regina Hall because we never see the viewpoint of how WW feel and I'm sure that is by design.

shampoona

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,063 943 79
Alleybux
In the middle of this latest episode. I don't see BMJ going back to 9 permanently with the Kara xes scene and the usage of sh!t and asshole unbleeped.

I watch OnDemand anyway so it makes me no diff. :dunno:

ETA: But then again, they air reruns sometimes prior to the new episode so :dunno: :dunno:

shampoona

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,063 943 79
Alleybux
I remember seeing Kara's 34 year old reporter fb/boo/whatever in Resurrection Blvd on Showtime many years ago. Always thought he was attractive. His name is Nicholas Gonzalez.

CharlaBih

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,887 1,202 281
Alleybux
This episode had one too many Kara xes scenes. :dead: @ dude hurting his neck tho.
Mary J's brother is going to get trouble with that lady's daughter, I can feel it.

Princess Jazzy

President of the Dak Prescott Fanclub
Reaction score
Reactions
88,033 1,985 384
Alleybux
How many kids does this Dante have? :e1_25:

2 (that we know of). If I remember correctly, he had Niecy and that other girl pregnant at the same time. Niecy wanted to have her baby shower at MJ's house just to get him to come to her shower and not the other baby mamas.