Being Mary Jane Season 1 Finale

LlLlLlLlLlLLLLl

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
22,753 1,686 359
Alleybux
So we learned tonight that MJ is flawed. No better or worse than the rest of us. I like that she is getting her ish together. But I'm sorry, the folks in MJ's life were more of interest to me tonight. Three folks in particular were truly extra:

Doctor Friend: She is defintely suffering from alot of self-esteem/jealousy issues and cannot hold water. I don't trust her and her cool points are way low on this david/sperm slip up. First of all, MJ saved your life and what happens at the girls night stays at the girls night.

Nechelle: Miss me with all this passive agressive anger that you held in for 8 years. All of a sudden MJ is not a great friend, but when you needed someone at the last minute to come speak at your mentor brunch, who saved the day. You are a grown a#s woman and needed to speak up within the eight years. If you are mad, MJ had not come to your place for a visit.

Lastly

David: Miss me with this, you only want me once I am successful. She was there where there was no future in it at all and she comes from a little money. MJ just got tired of waiting before you committed further. Wanting to be successful doesn't stop a real man from committing to the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with. What was wrong with at least getting engaged, while you are chasing that dream.

Men kill me, wanting women to wait forever,for them to reach Mt. Olympus, before they elevate their relationship. Barack didn't wait until he was a senator or president, before marrying Michelle. He knew what he had and wasn't willing to part with it. Shout-out to my fiancee for doing the same. MJ won in the end, because his arrogance was unbearable.

Soooooooo

She's openly fµck!ng a married FATHER and blatantly rubbing it in his wife's face and we learned tonite she is flawed ???

What the entire fµck?

VIVIAN BLAKE

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
165 13 10
Alleybux
Im like at a lost, this show gave great six episodes back to back, and the left with this two hr long bs of crazy woman making no sense

How as a viewer am I supposed to get this deep love for David and all this history when you didn't even show it until this last episode. Its like Aliens had taken over the chracters.

Flawed my ass MJ acting like a crazy woman that they all called her. I didn't understand none of the issues tonight. The drive by visits were pointless and silly and she acted more like Neicey than Niecey acted like herself.

I hate how now all MJ and Andre was was this selfish silly affair she can easily apologize for and just shew back to the wife, and he just comes home and their a family again bc MJ told her how to suck his dick.

ANd they had the nerve to play Whitney like MJ really overcame anything but an hangover? Im still lost at how we saw the scene of Neicey daughter "deija" all of 6 years old, what was that for?

Im still onboard with season 2 of this show, but damn between this finale and that mess The Have and The Have Nots have turned into. I was better off watching Best Man 2 again.

KraziliaLove

S I M S T V
Reaction score
Reactions
353,460 9,766 1,959
Alleybux
That golddigging white ho got knocked up as soon as he made his millions and he's too dumb to see it

White women are rarely regarded as gold diggers, even though that's exactly what a lot of them are. As if they would be with Tyrone if he was just playing ball as a recreation and worked as a janitor full time. Puhlease. But, black women aren't supposed to want a man with money. It's like, "What nerve you have thinking you deserve all that." I see it all the time. I don't know if that is what the writers wanted to convey, especially given the history between MJ and David (that's his name, right?), but I can see why people are taking that message away from the show.

Ghigau

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
18,998 192 24
Alleybux
Because I dont have Starz for his other show Power and need to receive life. When Tony & Kerry aint bussin cheeks on Thursdays

tumblr_mz3txqwwHv1sp4rpeo1_400.gif

tumblr_mz3szp3qYp1sp4rpeo1_250.gif

tumblr_mz2649G0Y11tnyo85o4_400.jpg

MARA DONT DO THIS
tumblr_mv0fu9UWZs1rzpzwuo9_r1_250.gif

Andre is fine than a MF!! :throws panties at screen: damn it!!

Um....is he coming back??? Lol

Aalijah Ali

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
1,848 85 89
Alleybux
So let me get this skraight.. the moral of the story is MJ did the right thing and lost both men so she could find her strength; because "she didn't know her own strength"? BTW I was here for them playing the entire WH song YES HONEY. Anywho I didn't care for the finale and I was #teamandre until they introduced the history between her and David.. he is a much better fit for her. Anyhow... I guess she will be back to ho-ing next season. Lame finale.

uptowndiva

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,313 633 195
Alleybux
Soooooooo

She's openly fµck!ng a married FATHER and blatantly rubbing it in his wife's face and we learned tonite she is flawed ???

What the entire fµck?

Oh, i 'm sorry, did she need to give back all the d#ck she rode and sucked from Andre as well? Bye Felicia.

Nobody condones her affair and even she knew it was wrong. Remember she broke it off, not Andre. That dude would have still been kicking it at her house.

MJ is not a perfect soul, but last I checked nobody on this earth walking is either. She definitely has a ton of internal work to do, as does every person on the planet.

Nobody made A#dre have an affair and hurt his marriage further but him. Also, sorry, but his wife is no victim. Clearly from their counseling session, that marriage was in immense trouble.

Any who, my previous comments were specifically focused on 3 folks, not MJ.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

JimmysWife

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,767 2 1
Alleybux
That golddigging white ho got knocked up as soon as he made his millions and he's too dumb to see it

I think he knows she's using him & he's starting to regret messing up & getting her preggo when he had MJ all along who wanted a family. it was written all over his face during the finale. 2 episodes ago when they were at the gala he told MJ things were moving quick with their relationship so he knew then that she was preggers.

dianiah23

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,917 739 138
Alleybux
He bought her a Life Alert :laugh:

Mama was NOT having it....

I would never do that to my Mom...Patrick is still coming off of a high I see! Mama is just now getting her sexy back and you wanna try to play her! I see you Patrick!

40Girl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,880 3 2
Alleybux
I have to watch the next season, not sure David or Andre are done with MJ? I give them credit the men are great eye candy. Some of the comments on this thread make me wonder do we understand this is TV???? LMAO

MoneyOverLove

The Marathon Continues..
Reaction score
Reactions
537,922 10,734 5,860
Alleybux
Men kill me, wanting women to wait forever,for them to reach Mt. Olympus, before they elevate their relationship. Barack didn't wait until he was a senator or president, before marrying Michelle. He knew what he had and wasn't willing to part with it. Shout-out to my fiancee for doing the same. MJ won in the end, because his arrogance was unbearable.[/QUOTE]

This!!!!!

Its crazy how I have heard so many men say that they have a girl who they wont fully commit to because they are not where they want to be in life yet. Just another excuse. You made a GREAT point.

BLAC N MILD

SteppinOnSh*t...
Reaction score
Reactions
186,720 5,286 3,248
Alleybux
I really enjoyed the season finale and will be tuning in next season.

I laughed throughout the episode, and there was also a whole lot of truth spoken as well!

back4the1sttime

I Love NY
Reaction score
Reactions
18,476 343 222
Alleybux
Overall, I have to say I really enjoy this show and I didn't think I would. I will be tuning for next season

Elle Vee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
2,006 85 77
Alleybux
Can I just say MJ was strong for going back to David three times? I would have been DONE after he embarrassed me on the street like that. LOL.

Joi Boseman

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
1,615 18 40
Alleybux
Im like at a lost, this show gave great six episodes back to back, and the left with this two hr long bs of crazy woman making no sense

How as a viewer am I supposed to get this deep love for David and all this history when you didn't even show it until this last episode. Its like Aliens had taken over the chracters.

Flawed my ass MJ acting like a crazy woman that they all called her. I didn't understand none of the issues tonight. The drive by visits were pointless and silly and she acted more like Neicey than Niecey acted like herself.

I hate how now all MJ and Andre was was this selfish silly affair she can easily apologize for and just shew back to the wife, and he just comes home and their a family again bc MJ told her how to suck his dick.

ANd they had the nerve to play Whitney like MJ really overcame anything but an hangover? Im still lost at how we saw the scene of Neicey daughter "deija" all of 6 years old, what was that for?

Im still onboard with season 2 of this show, but damn between this finale and that mess The Have and The Have Nots have turned into. I was better off watching Best Man 2 again.

Deija was not Neicy's daughter, she's her sister, the daughter of Patrick and the white lady.

I think that showing how crazy MJ is is kind of giving the back story as to why she does the things she does. She was drunk and a lot of times when you are drunk and in your feelings you do drive-bys.

She felt bad about her actions so she decided to apologize to the wife and Avery still wanted her husband and wanted to know why he chose MJ. It's always helpful to hear something from a 3rd party.

MJ did overcome some things bc she stopped let Andre go and came to realize what her issues were. As soon as Whitney started singing the tears started falling and I wasn't even sad.

I'm a crazy b!tch myself so I understand where they were going with it.

Miss Themyscira

my neck, my back, my whip
Reaction score
Reactions
8,325 133 47
Alleybux
I'll be tuning in for season 2, but I did not like the finale at all. It felt more like a series finale than a season finale. Everything was wrapped up and VERY few things were introduced for next season. Ok, so she's done with Andre and David and she finally talked to Andre's wife (and I guess this was MJ's catharsis?). MJ didn't really go through any significant character development either. She's still chasing after guys who are unattainable. I congratulate her for dropping Andre last episode but David has a girlfriend and MJ left him in the past and she's still trying to get him back. There was nothing in the episode that made me think, "Can't wait for next season!" No cliff hangers or anything. I don't consider the pregnancy of David's girlfriend a cliffhanger because David basically told MJ he didn't want her anymore. Anything could happen next season and I feel like the creators could totally change up the show which could be a good or bad thing.

mdmommy99

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
41,464 765 270
Alleybux
My summary:
I like David and MJ, but I wish they had made David seem more relevant throughout the season. It's like they basically made him seem like kind of a booty call all season and then all of a sudden in the last couple episodes he's the love of her life and she's completely over Andre.

I've heard from some people that the family scenes are boring, but I like her family, especially Daddy Patrick. If I were single, Shaft could still get it.

Season 2 is when I expect that Dr. friend will come out as a lesbian in love with MJ. I thought it was going to happen this episode. They'll probably circle that around and it will be the explanation for why she tried to kill herself in the beginning.

David is already signed on as a regular for next season, so I'm guessing either his gf will have a miscarriage or they just won't work out. Then MJ will have to deal with being in love with him and having to know that he's having a baby with somebody else and then she won't be able to get pregnant or he won't want to have a baby with her etc. And she'll be all sad and have flashbacks of him saying--"If you wanted a baby, you just had to ask." Same story line as Derwin and Melanie on the Game.

I actually liked this episode a little better than I thought I would. I'm here for season 2.

PhillyDamsel

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Im still lost at how we saw the scene of Neicey daughter "deija" all of 6 years old, what was that for?

That little girl is her sister. The oldest brother is their father. The little girl's mother is the white chick that was thrown out the house by Shug Avery.

keoni

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,661 30 2
Alleybux
So why was David talking about he didn't want to use his parents money because he wanted to see if he could make it on his own, but had no problem with MJ indirectly financing him by covering his living expenses when he moved in with her? First he lets her trick him off then gets mad when she leaves, then he says he comes from money, like forget you hunty, i didn't need you anyway. She should have taken that wad of cash and kneed him in the balls and then keyed his car.

Selina Kyle II

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
240,537 3,713 1,083
Alleybux
Slightly upset that the white chick is preggers. That was suppose to be MJ's baby. How are you going to be with someone for years and then get the next chick preggers within months? I guess that this sh!t happens in real life too. Negros ain't sh!t.

LadyZoidberg

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
6,996 71 16
Alleybux
I didn't read the thread, but the limo driver was the true ride or die of the episode

Leo is the most stable man in MJ's life. He's always just a phone call away, takes her where she needs to go, offers her book club recommendations, and has no problem stopping at the liquor store 2 or 3 times in an evening.

Nashad

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Got into this show a few days ago, it's just so good lol!

gama

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
35,466 1,746 1,101
Alleybux
I must be slow, but I do not understand why Mary Jane has to keep apologizing. The finale confused me.
She sort of has to apologize to David.
She has to apologize to Avery.

She is constantly apologizing and all those adults around her are "blameless"

JimmysWife

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,767 2 1
Alleybux
but wait, now I'm starting to think the gold digger isn't preggo by David yet. they both had wine & the what to expect when you're expecting book. maybe they're trying for a baby or planning to. he wanted MJ to be pregnant or at least try to turkey baste herself that's why he left his sperm. at the end he looked excited like he was wishing she was going to pull a pregnancy test out of her pocket instead of his sperm. never seen a man look that disappointed to see his sperm given back to him :laugh:

Nashad

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Just checked wiki and was surprised to find out that Gabrielle Union is over 40, I thought that she was early 30's o.o

mrsEllis

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,397 76 6
Alleybux
I know I'm late, but just watched finale. Just when I thought I could become a fan of this character (I appreciated the fact that she broke up with the married man and seemed sorry for her role in destroying a family and even apologized to his wife for her role), the creator/writer pulls the same mess that, in my opinion, started the downfall of "The Game": the main female character's long-time love interest impregnates a short-term female, which interferes with him reconciling with the main female character. (smh at Mara Akil and wondering if this scenario actually happened to her in real life. I mean, how are you going to write the same exact scenario for two separate series? Especially after the fans of the first series you wrote this scenario for voiced their disapproval of the situation to you online and stopped watching said series, as a result?!!!)

ETA: I did not read all 52 previous pages, so I apologize if this sentiment has already been expressed and if so, co-sign previous posts.

BrwnSknBeauty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,645 5,496 3,704
Alleybux
I know I'm late, but just watched finale. Just when I thought I could become a fan of this character (I appreciated the fact that she broke up with the married man and seemed sorry for her role in destroying a family and even apologized to his wife for her role), the creator/writer pulls the same mess that, in my opinion, started the downfall of "The Game": the main female character's long-time love interest impregnates a short-term female, which interferes with him reconciling with the main female character. (smh at Mara Akil and wondering if this scenario actually happened to her in real life. I mean, how are you going to write the same exact scenario for two separate series? Especially after the fans of the first series you wrote this scenario for voiced their disapproval of the situation to you online and stopped watching said series, as a result?!!!)

ETA: I did not read all 52 previous pages, so I apologize if this sentiment has already been expressed and if so, co-sign previous posts.

Good point on Mara leading MJ in the same direction as The Game. I was (and still am) a huge fan of The Game with Med School and Derwin. Toward the end of The Game it got really fake and non-realistic....like MJ's finale.

It seems like black writers come up with good shows but seem to only get a few good episodes then they forget what the first good episodes were like so they fail to continue to make the shows interesting....IMO. It's happening with the Have's, MJ and Scandal...all three shows are all over the place with very little connection amongst the characters.

Dorothy Zbornak

Talented Tenth
Reaction score
Reactions
62,289 1,421 1,087
Alleybux

I just watched it too, but felt it may have been a little different. Med school and Derwin were meant to be loved by viewers. We went through everythign with them from beginning to end. We dont know anything really about MJ and this guy, and her moving on in the last episode may be her chance at getting a healthy relationship

mrsEllis

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,397 76 6
Alleybux
I just watched it too, but felt it may have been a little different. Med school and Derwin were meant to be loved by viewers. We went through everythign with them from beginning to end. We dont know anything really about MJ and this guy, and her moving on in the last episode may be her chance at getting a healthy relationship
I totally agree that the character should move on and did NOT like the parts of the last couple of episodes where it seemed as though she was chasing him.

However, I read a headline a few days ago that says the actor who plays David is becoming a regular cast member in the next season, so to me, that says the writer/producer intends for her not to move on and I don't want to hang around for yet another show with a story line about a woman trying to hold on to a man who has impregnated someone else, even though he is supposed to love her. Thank you, but nooooo thank you!

It's really too bad, though, because after catching up on the episodes, I really liked the show. Just not a fan of that storyline.....again. smh

CityGirl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,889 29 2
Alleybux

I know I am late to this but I just finished the series last night and OMGMJ is crazy I don't know if it good crazy or bad crazy but it is defiantly batshit crazy. (Is it bad that I could see myself doing the drive by to David’shouse LOL?)

I loved it and can’t wait for the next season.

BlahGirl

FJB
Reaction score
Reactions
80,079 12,123 39,117
Alleybux
omg thank god for netflix. im on esp 5. i LOVE this show. When i saw Andre i screamed, Ghost!!!!!

hes sooooooooooo fione. Bet really out done themselves with this. the acting is amazing

ladybeauty

Baddie
Reaction score
Reactions
13,032 503 231
Alleybux
Finally watched it on netflix as well. Man, her life sucks! she is so depressing!

melaninmuse

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,030 7,345 271
Alleybux
Okay I'm late but just started binging on Hulu.

what's interesting is the finale really makes it clear how parallel Avery - Dre and MJ - David are. Both MJ and Avery felt like they molded their partner who was beneath them on some level, and Dre and David resent them for it...

I think if MJ never left David for being fake broke she would have resented him anyway and vice versa.

It was cute that he said "if you wanted a baby, you should have just asked."

Also, MJ is basically the embodiment of every toxic character on SATC lmao. If anything, she kind of reminds me off the female Big. Lying, manipulating, and playing games while only wanting unavailable men and her exes when they move on.

This show is kind of a mess but still holds up as pretty entertaining.