Quantcast

Being Mary Jane - Season 4 - Episode 15 - Feeling Hashtagged

SISTERDUTTON

Cussing out the incels from the Lady Carter thread
Reaction score
Reactions
82,222 2,800 3,166
Alleybux
OK......dont know why, but for some reason this episode didn't post for me. I couldn't find it on my cable timeline or anything

stacks101

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,656 188 296
Alleybux
Omggggg nooo Justin. I was cheesing so hard at the end of this episode.

Is the season finale coming up?? I felt like this episode was really rushed

There are still 5 episodes left. Something was off with this episode, not just with the writing but the character interactions as well.

MJ and Justin's love scene lacked the normal heat and their conversations seem stilted. It felt like Justin was pulling back and MJ was missing the obvious queues. When did MJ become social media obsessed? Is she that worried about Dani? She finally has a man claim her publically and she just is inconsiderate of his feelings about public attention and scrutiny.

Last edited:

Overnight Celeb

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
231,869 3,656 610
Alleybux
Just came from Triumph, so I'm catching up now.

Am I the only one who noticed that this episode was spliced together like a bad 90s movie? The closeups of Shug dueing her aerobics and the stock shots of the ATL suburbs were t-rash and distracting.

OK. Back to the show.

Princess Jazzy

President of the Dak Prescott Fanclub
Reaction score
Reactions
87,957 1,984 384
Alleybux
There are still 5 episodes left. Something was off with this episode, not just with the writing but the character interactions as well.

MJ and Justin's love scene lacked the normal heat and their conversations seem stilted. It felt like Justin was pulling back and MJ was missing the obvious queues. When did MJ become social media obsessed? Is she that worried about Dani? She finally has a man claim her publically and she just is inconsiderate of his feelings about public attention and scrutiny.

I

You're right about the character's motivations being off. It rubbed me wrong when Justin so easily agreed to possibly damage his career and face the paparazzi. I didn't buy it.

Considering the episode's title, I guess they tried to make a statement about social media. I guess the message got lost.

stacks101

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,656 188 296
Alleybux
You're right about the character's motivations being off. It rubbed me wrong when Justin so easily agreed to possibly damage his career and face the paparazzi. I didn't buy it.

I actually didn't mind that. What caught me was MJ walking across the street to him even though she was covering the segment live. She came to him when it was easier for him to walk to her. He stood there and waited. She also seemed more excited than he did to be around each other. Maybe he isn't all for PDA and reveals himself in private? At MJ's place he did say into her chest/bosom that "I missed you SO much" so maybe he is an introvert and MJ's an extrovert?

I also feel like he knows MJ was at his place multiple times. He probably gets a notification on his phone every time someone unlocks his door.

Princess Jazzy

President of the Dak Prescott Fanclub
Reaction score
Reactions
87,957 1,984 384
Alleybux
I actually didn't mind that. What caught me was MJ walking across the street to him even though she was covering the segment live. She came to him when it was easier for him to walk to her. He stood there and waited. She also seemed more excited than he did to be around each other. Maybe he isn't all for PDA and reveals himself in private? At MJ's place he did say into her chest/bosom that "I missed you SO much" so maybe he is an introvert and MJ's an extrovert?

I also feel like he knows MJ was at his place multiple times. He probably gets a notification on his phone every time someone unlocks his door.

Her going across the street didn't bother me. Good peen will have your ass running in the rain at midnight to get to it. Or putting on leotards and doing aerobics in your living room and cooking dinner like a five star chef. Or knocking on a hotel door after 40 years...

Overnight Celeb

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
231,869 3,656 610
Alleybux
What If they don't want to return the carseat?

This. In a business like that, you need strict accountability measures. Or enforcers. :sinister

They did too much with that scene. For some reason, I just didn't buy MJ was in danger. Lol.

Not at all. This episode's director needs to go back to AV club ...

Fall Back

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,526 269 68
Alleybux
MJ is so ditzy and Thirsty when it comes to a man. She is reminding me so much of Joan Clayton with her teenage antics.

Overnight Celeb

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
231,869 3,656 610
Alleybux
Y'all think Patrick is the side man's baby? And how the mama lecturing MJ when she used to smash homies?

The affair was 44 years ago. Maybe Shug and The Hammer were messing around while Shug got pregnant from Paul and they married. Patrick even "looks like" Paul ...

MJ behaves like a girl in her 20's and it is so frustrating. She is incapable of being mature. Justin just told her he isn't into the spotlight but will do it for her and here she go going crazy on social media. Next week will be interesting. Sighs...

I fail to understand why going public was the only option? Would a simple explanation of "Justin is the producer of the segment and my right hand in the field" not have sufficed? They could have followed up w/an online featurette of how live stories are produced in the field and shown other GDU production teams as a continuation of the whole GDU family bull.

And aside from major world events and celebrity mishaps, nothing trends longer than 24 hours anymore to the point where you just HAVE to tell your business and follow it up w/childish Snapchat posts.

This show has truly gone down the shitter.

Nicey's new found determination and "baby mama" enterprises are a highlight, tho. I hope those ideas catch on.

Elphaba

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
85,539 2,820 421
Alleybux
This episode was no bueno. I think Patrick is the former lovers kid. Why did they just banish P.J to Dubai? They seem like they are really struggling.

Andmetoo

Like Titus Andromedon, I am an enigma.
Reaction score
Reactions
101,539 1,506 370
Alleybux
I'm so glad MJ and Kara are back to being friends. Like REALLY glad.

Mama - I DIED when she told Niecy when she was exercising, "you need to be joining me, not mocking me." I was YELLING "okkkkkkkkaaaaayyyyy?!? Comprennnnnnddddeeee?!?" Like girl, you too young to be this size after 12 seasons. Like for real. She mentioned raising "three" kids, but I swear the show don' wrote off MJ's little brother. He just GONE. Mama was LIKING what she saw in Justin's pic though. You better believe it. As for FRANK, Imma need her to do better about hiding her excitement. Like wasn't she SICK, now she got time to FROLIC her feeble ass over to his spot for some AARP dack? I just knew her husband was at dude's spot when he opened the door.

Frank - How about Fred Williamson could NOT act? I don't like old men, so I need to ask. Does he look better than Richard Roundtree y'all? The only old man I feel like would look better is Glenn Turman. Not sure why, but I find him cute - to be old.

Tami Lahren Wannabe - All I could think was "THIS white heaux." Ugh. I want someone to physically fight her. PLEASE. If MJ had pulled that stunt with a SENIOR producer, she would have been fired. But, YT prevails again.

Niecy - Is she doing hair full-time now (this quick is what I'm getting at)? Or is she still doing grunt work? I was outdone when the client said she didn't have money for a ticket, or a car seat. YET, she had money to get her hair done. I'm sorry, but when I was cash poor, I did that mug MYSELF. And I didn't even have kids.

High School Girl - I say the po' creetah didn't have NO edges.

MJ - She pushed ALL the way through with her little linGERie. Folks can say what they want, but Gabrielle Union looks GOODT. Get it girl. I bet Lee didn't get that treatment. I wouldn't give it to him either. You only give that to mens who GON' appreciate it. On a side note, I do NOT like this wig that MJ is wearing. I am NO expert on wigs, but I loathe when the ish is obvious about the part area. That little slicked down area near the part ain't helping. Also, to be a news anchor, I don't think she HAS to dress old. I'm reclaiming MY time on that Star Jacket.

Justin - My man said, "my GIRLFRIEND'S in there!" Claim your woman sir! In the REAL world, with them working together, someone at the office would have outed them so dern quick for that TMZ cash. Hell, I'm surprised Rhonda didn't chime in. In the real world, that ish would be trending on LSA for free.

Next Week
Dad said, "I think you betta leave, me alone, get yo' baaaaags, get the fuuuuuuck on."

Meanwhile, MJ STAY losing. Her old ass (yes, I'm the same age as her character so Imma say it) sitting up on Snapchat with the cartoon animal filters? I know one thing, if she can save what they have after all of that, she betta go to her grave spending his money in her dreams. Like just let that one go, girl.

Admittedly, I was Team Lee (I know, I know), but I'm liking Justin for my DAMN self these days. I don't know what the blue-eyed devil STILL has up his sleeve, but the good times she's having with him now is worth the memory.

AutumnShadow

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,813 794 154
Alleybux
Her going across the street didn't bother me. Good peen will have your ass running in the rain at midnight to get to it. Or putting on leotards and doing aerobics in your living room and cooking dinner like a five star chef. Or knocking on a hotel door after 40 years...
The damn palm trees
200.gif

AutumnShadow

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,813 794 154
Alleybux
Is it just me or does MJ need to slow down on telling this pr girl all her business. Not saying ol girl doesn't have her back, but walls talk at work. Her telling Kara out in the open was more than enough

Danni Archer

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
55,822 1,512 957
Alleybux
That Mary Jane in distress scene was poorly done and just... stupid...

The steady cam and the way they tried to show she was in danger was not done well.

This episode was pretty dull. The last shot was so damn cheap looking. :arrogant

Queen Ati

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
107,762 2,501 725
Alleybux
MJ is acting like someone who has never been in a relationship before.

What happened to making a man miss you and chase you a little, even when you're 'together'.

For a woman who is supposedly intelligent, she makes extremely idiotic mistakes.

Tan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,516 586 165
Alleybux
Y'all think Patrick is the side man's baby? And how the mama lecturing MJ when she used to smash homies?

I haven't watched last night's episode, but from the clips they have shown, I have been thinking that. I remember Patrick saying something like my whole life has been a lie. I always wondered why Patick was not named PJ since he is the oldest son.

Tan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,516 586 165
Alleybux
Just came from Triumph, so I'm catching up now.

Am I the only one who noticed that this episode was spliced together like a bad 90s movie? The closeups of Shug dueing her aerobics and the stock shots of the ATL suburbs were t-rash and distracting.

OK. Back to the show.

How was service? I missed it. Lol. I will have to watch it later.

SeasonTix

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,963 108 146
Alleybux
I haven't watched last night's episode, but from the clips they have shown, I have been thinking that. I remember Patrick saying something like my whole life has been a lie. I always wondered why Patick was not named PJ since he is the oldest son.

you may be on to something about Patrick

.ANAIS.KARIM.

YellowGalacticSun
Reaction score
Reactions
122,364 2,519 2,204
Alleybux
MJ! STFU!!!!!! This PR chic hasnt proven she can be trusted. She's going to air your sh!t out!
She told MJ deception is part of her job. Plus at the party she told the photographer she could hook him up if he got rid of the pic of MJ flipping the bird. So she could have influenced him not to have Caribou Barbie all over the pics. Her job is to get publicity - she said good or bad is all GOOD for the show. So bad for MJ is not bad for her.

Est Gee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
102,024 4,792 1,936
Alleybux

I always gotten the vibe that Justin was introverted.

On that last note I do believe he knows how many times she has been there as well. He has proven himself to be an OCD creep many a times why wouldn't he have that on lock down.

The affair was 44 years ago. Maybe Shug and The Hammer were messing around while Shug got pregnant from Paul and they married. Patrick even "looks like" Paul ...

I fail to understand why going public was the only option? Would a simple explanation of "Justin is the producer of the segment and my right hand in the field" not have sufficed? They could have followed up w/an online featurette of how live stories are produced in the field and shown other GDU production teams as a continuation of the whole GDU family bull.

And aside from major world events and celebrity mishaps, nothing trends longer than 24 hours anymore to the point where you just HAVE to tell your business and follow it up w/childish Snapchat posts.

This show has truly gone down the shitter.

Nicey's new found determination and "baby mama" enterprises are a highlight, tho. I hope those ideas catch on.

I agree with this too I didn't get why they automatically had to jump to putting their relationship out there. Her calling for Justin her team member was quite normal. And also where is Garrett

gumbo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,203 1,437 331
Alleybux
I always gotten the vibe that Justin was introverted.

On that last note I do believe he knows how many times she has been there as well. He has proven himself to be an OCD creep many a times why wouldn't he have that on lock down.

I agree with this too I didn't get why they automatically had to jump to putting their relationship out there. Her calling for Justin her team member was quite normal. And also where is Garrett
Maybe Garrett is chilling with his new latina wifey