Quantcast

Being Mary Jane - Season 4 - Episode 19 - Feeling Seen

Elle Vee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
2,006 85 77
Alleybux
So maybe it's just me, but the scene between MJ and Justin about Simone made me shed a tear. Idk...I guess I felt happy for her. It's like they broke down another wall together. If Justin has an ulterior motive they're doing a lot to keep us off his scent LOL.

I also shed another tear with Patrick and Paul Sr. towards the end.

stacks101

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,656 188 296
Alleybux
So maybe it's just me, but the scene between MJ and Justin about Simone made me shed a tear. Idk...I guess I felt happy for her. It's like they broke down another wall together. If Justin has an ulterior motive they're doing a lot to keep us off his scent LOL.

I also shed another tear with Patrick and Paul Sr. towards the end.

Yes! It was a very powerful scene. They cried together and that can be more intimate than xes. Justin is comfortable and now he wants to include MJ on how they spends the money. He is hinting at planning a life with her.

I think MJ will discover she is already pregnant when she meets with the doctor to go through with the invitrofertilization and this will be the surprise ending for the season. Upon discovery, Justin won't care about the EP spot and MJ is let off the hook in choosing.

Last edited:

Elle Vee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
2,006 85 77
Alleybux
Yes! It was a very powerful scene. They cried together and that can be more intimate the xes. Justin is comfortable and now he wants to include MJ on how they spends the money. He is hinting at planning a life with her.

I think MJ will discover she is already pregnant when she meets with the doctor to go through with the invitrofertilization and this will be the surprise ending for the season. Upon discovery, Justin won't care about the EP spot and MJ is let off the hook in choosing.
That would be the perfect "neat" wrapped in a bow ending, but somehow I don't think it'll be that easy. Watching BMJ is kinda like navigating a real relationship sometimes. I just can't allow myself to get comfortable too soon (no matter how good it seems) or i'll be on my ass when the rug is pulled out from under me LOL.

suzanne

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
229,944 8,539 5,079
Alleybux
Patrick is now a community activist after spending years lost as an addict. He met this boy at one of his community engagements.

Now, I didn't watch Being Mary Jane from the beginning so I need the loyalists to answer this:

Looking back on the show, has Patrick ever had a woman? If so, who was she? Was she black? How did their relationship end?

That's the thing. They promoted one thing for this episode and we got something else. I expected high drama and really I got a "set up" episode. The Justin thing was a nice shocker but it didn't reasonate with me because MJ's little fit at the beginning about his not looking in her eyes, slowed the momentum. Where is PJ? Did anyone tell him that his mamas thottish ways were uncovered? What does this gay boy have to do with Patrick? Did we already see this line with the show guest in a skirt? Where is Helen? MJ was more upset about losing Michelle than her parents' marriage falling apart. I can't put a finger on it but something just seemed missing this episode.

Last edited:

Princess Jazzy

President of the Dak Prescott Fanclub
Reaction score
Reactions
88,018 1,985 384
Alleybux
Patrick is now a community activist after spending years lost as an addict. He meet this boy at one of his community engagements.

Now, I didn't watch Being Mary Jane from the beginning so I need the loyalists to answer this:

Looking back on the show, has Patrick ever had a woman? If so, who was she? Was she black? How did their relationship end?

Daisha's mom (white woman his mama hated): broke up with her because she was getting in trouble and still heavily into drugs while he was trying to get straight.

School principal wanted to put it on him but I don't believe that went anywhere

He smashed Niecy's mom for old time's sake. I get the feeling she's free spirited though and not one for commitment. She's never around because she's the stylist for Nicole Minsk's dancers on tour.

That's all I remember at the moment.

suzanne

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
229,944 8,539 5,079
Alleybux
I was thinking that maybe he's mentoring the boy because he might be going through a sexuality struggle himself (i.e., the drug abuse, dating the white chick, etc.)???? I'm wondering if that's a foreshadow of things to come.

Daisha's mom (white woman his mama hated): broke up with her because she was getting in trouble and still heavily into drugs while he was trying to get straight.

He smashed Niecy's mom for old time's sake. I get the feeling she's free spirited though and not one for commitment. She's never around because she's the stylist for Nicole Minsk's dancers on tour.

Even Fancier

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,709 15 9
Alleybux
I actually liked this episode and want to see Mary Jane and Justin win. I reckon Mary Jane will ask Justin to give some of the millions to Kara.

Think about it, she has said quite a few times that she 'has no choice' to work away from her kids because she needs to support them (doesn't she support her sister too?). If she didn't need to work then she would still be in ATL and have custody of her boys.

Kara will get a few millions and either start a life with her man and send her kids to live with her or move back to Atlanta and Justin will become EP.

I'm calling it!

Love the progression with Patrick & Neicey aswell!

Candi2012

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,230 1,617 3,904
Alleybux
Can y'all please get y'all girl MJ? Is she really trying to make up a reason to sabotage this thing with Justin? "He doesn't look me in the eye"? Really? He doesn't need to look in your eyes as long as he doing the damn thing. Wth is she tripping on?

I agree that he doesn't have to look her in the eyes, however, I think what MJ is really picking up is that he MAY not be as into her as she is into him. He comes across as someone who is still mourning his ex, but knows that he has to move on, so that's what he's trying to do.

Princess Jazzy

President of the Dak Prescott Fanclub
Reaction score
Reactions
88,018 1,985 384
Alleybux
I agree that he doesn't have to look her in the eyes, however, I think what MJ is really picking up is that he MAY not be as into her as she is into him. He comes across as someone who is still mourning his ex, but knows that he has to move on, so that's what he's trying to do.

I get what you're saying. It's just your friend MJ gets on my damn nerves sabotaging herself. It's like she lives for the drama. I couldn't help but wonder if she was making issues when there weren't any.

stacks101

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,656 188 296
Alleybux
I think MJ has caused Justin to question everything he has known and once stood for and that made confronting the situation of Simone's death difficult. He was afraid to be vulnerable again like how he was with Simone, but he loves MJ and is conflicted about opening up himself but his actions say otherwise.

He has always come across as that guy that was super driven, focused and organized. The women he dated were able to fit into a neat little box and he didn't allow himself to be vulnerable with them. They knew only what he told them and they didn't pry for questions.

Here comes MJ and he is fighting the resistance hard, which came across as mean spirited and harsh. Justin says he doesn't do work relationships but he pursues MJ, after the hookup, he tries to fight it off but the thought of MJ being with a new guy causes him to dump his girl and runs straight to MJ's house, he agrees to go on a publicity pr tour and be with MJ in public, he runs back from Paris to see her. He has thrown caution to the wind when it comes to MJ. MJ has him whipped.

Candi2012

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,230 1,617 3,904
Alleybux

I missed a good season and a half of BMJ also. Was Niecy's mom played by Jill Scott?

Danni Archer

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
55,822 1,512 957
Alleybux
Just finished this one and watching the finale.

Tbh I'm confused as to why MJ is making this so difficult. All she had to do was be a JOURNALIST and say she would abstain because of a clear conflict of interest.

shampoona

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,063 943 79
Alleybux
I'm late but..

Anyone know what the song was when Kara, MJ and Justin were in the bar in the scene after MJ and Kara were dapping each other after they set up Becky?

I watched with no commercials so it was around the 25 minute mark. Couldn't find it on any other sites and Shazam couldn't catch it.

KittyKins

Operating with a blown mind
Reaction score
Reactions
178,468 4,135 222
Alleybux
I'm late but..

Anyone know what the song was when Kara, MJ and Justin were in the bar in the scene after MJ and Kara were dapping each other after they set up Becky?

I watched with no commercials so it was around the 25 minute mark. Couldn't find it on any other sites and Shazam couldn't catch it.

'Show the Way' by Moonchild