Quantcast

Can a person truly be pro-black but in a relationship with a non-black person?

• Total voters

Terry King

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,928 664 577
Alleybux
It's not that you lose your alliance with black people or Africa, it has more to do with the children and family that would come from that union. I'm sure you've heard the saying, "a person is not an island." That includes you and your relationships. Your relationship affect not only yourself, your children, and your family but the community you are a part of as well.

Ex: If you marry a thief it will bring distrust into your home, your family, and your community. If you marry someone wealthy who contributes to those around them, it will benefit your home, your family, and your community.

Likewise, if you marry and have children with someone of the same race and culture it will serve to continue the same. If you marry and have children with someone of a different race and culture it will start to become lost and watered down. Either by the children trying to acclimate to 2 different cultures, or by them not adhering or knowing much about one or the other. It affects the children, the family, and the community.

Do you live in the U.S.? Have you stayed here and travelled for an extended period of time? I would love to know the difference if you have. I haven't been to the U.K. so I won't pretend that I know about the racial issues there. But I have known one who was black(African) as well as Pakistani and they both say that the racism there is similar to the racism in the Northern U.S.: It's not as "segregated" but it's still there.

I definitely agree that there is a high level of self hatred. Which is a direct result of people not having a culture to be proud of due to the effects of slavery and interracial dating, marriage, and rape(being real).

Which only shows that you can't really be pro black or pro African and marry someone of a different race. The effects of years of washing away African/black culture through slavery and interracial relationships is evident in the abundance of self hatred.

I'm sorry if anyone has said that to you because I find it ignorant.

But American Blacks don't "hate their African roots" because of slavery. They have very little connection to their African roots because it's been LOST - once again - through slavery and interracial relationships.

Sigh.

Again, the point isn't just about the individual.

Being "pro black" or "pro African" involves the entire black/African community. Not just the individual. Sure marrying a black person or avoiding being with someone of a different race doesn't prove that they're a part of or supportive of black/African peoples.

However, marrying other races has(as proven by your own observations) and will have a longterm effect on the black/African community. Taking that action will negate a person saying they are "pro black" or "pro African" because they aren't taking the effect their actions will have on their black/African community into consideration.

They may be "pro choice" or "pro interracial relationships" but they are not "pro black" or "pro African" because their actions have a longstanding negative effect on the black/African community.

what actions will a black person dating outside their race do to hurting the black community?

thegodinvege

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
20 1 1
Alleybux
I'm not reading 71 pages to see what the consensus is on LSA thoughts but... There is no sense in being militantly pro-Black if you're romantic lifestyle doesn't reflect that. If your work benefits the Black community, then that's fine. It isn't impossible to contribute to the cause of your community if you're in a IR relationship. There are plenty of renowned historical figures who have done so. That being said, the label "Pro-Black" still doesn't apply.

ElephantDack

self hating bm
Reaction score
Reactions
6,571 1,774 1,597
Alleybux
"Pro-black" women with weave in their heads trying to fit a Eurocentric beauty standard should never be taken seriously in the first place.

deep1

Serial Thanker
Reaction score
Reactions
161,564 5,567 5,239
Alleybux
Yes you can, you can absolutely love your race and still be with someone of a different race. To say that you cannot is stupid and unrealistic. Humans are complex creatures.

Old head

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
95,546 10,382 1,249
Alleybux
Yes you can, you can absolutely love your race and still be with someone of a different race. To say that you cannot is stupid and unrealistic. Humans are complex creatures.
You can be an activist, but problack is the wrong label.

VivianDoubt

Moxie Brown; because I gotta a lot of Moxie
Reaction score
Reactions
35,276 3,924 4,875
Alleybux
Not that one can’t be problack and have a white partner; you’re white partner does not change your blackness, but I just noticed that.

This one lady on TikTok said that I was because black people weren’t prepared to have certain conversations and white people were. I unfollow her for that.

Wonder Girl

Make That pH Game Weak Again!
Reaction score
Reactions
44,487 3,056 1,182
Alleybux
So I've heard, although it sort of makes me wonder if you have a White partner, should you cease to do anything Pro-Black?It just seems counterproductive to no longer support other Black people whenever you're able to do so just because you're dating somebody who's White.

I don't understand why dating a White person and disconnecting from any issues that concern the Black community would automatically go in tandem.Although I suppose there is still something to be said if it appears that a considerable amount of pro-Black people online have White partners as that is an odd phenomenon.

To my point, I wouldn't expect them to disconnect from caring about Black issues because of their partners but if this seems to be the case for many of them, it is a bit odd in the sense that, they're being very vocal about what it is they do, that is supporting the Black community and are taking a more proactive approach compared to someone who perhaps operates more so in silence.

Disclaimer:I don't always articulate the best but I try lol.

meloveme

Where The Blessings Reside
Reaction score
Reactions
7,783 154 58
Alleybux
I haven’t noticed this. All of the pro-black people I know and follow are with other black people. They’re lovely couples.

Olivia Dope

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
111,832 1,967 1,142
Alleybux
You gotta worry about yourself OP. Find someone for you and stop worrying about other people's relationships. Based on your other most recent thread, you more than likely have a long road ahead of you. Gotta focus on that.

ooo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
9,560 402 368
Alleybux
I think you notice them more bc its odd. but most people who appreciate being black are with another black person. whoever says otherwise, That’s not a fair assessment. In fact, it lacks logic.

Also, black people can marry whoever they want snd still appreciate being black.

if you don’t agree, can you explain y?

If ure looking for permission to date a white person, since you seem to be concerned how it looks, dont come online looking for it. do you. you get one life live it like its golden glo rilla voice.

pgsoulchild

Cosmic Soul Child
Reaction score
Reactions
931 140 23
Alleybux
Not that one can’t be problack and have a white partner; you’re white partner does not change your blackness, but I just noticed that.

This one lady on TikTok said that I was because black people weren’t prepared to have certain conversations and white people were. I unfollow her for that.
She didn’t lie. Refollow her. It’s sad but black ppl are simple and easily amused and do absolutely nothing in their day to day life to improve their conditions socially. Most blacks allow non poc and whites to say ***** around them and claim they are cool like that.

pgsoulchild

Cosmic Soul Child
Reaction score
Reactions
931 140 23
Alleybux
I think you can. It’s like working in a hospital and not being sick/a patient. I can heal myself and others without being with them. It’s not counterproductive and me being pro black doesn’t make me anti non poc.

HuntersWife

Mrs. Biden-Ossoff-Johnson/Ex-MrsZelenskyy/Huerta
Reaction score
Reactions
327,672 16,247 3,258
Alleybux
A Black lady in a Facebook group I'm in is just like this. Always acting pro-black and talking sh!t about white people ( slurs n sh!t), but has children with a few different yt men. Talking bout Black Lives Matter, but she the only Black person in her house.

She's got a little social media following now for being a pro Israel, Black zionist, so idk how the pro Black sh!t works now. Weirdo

Goonica

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
395,618 11,727 12,060
Alleybux
No. They're lying about being pro-Black. If you notice, the people that claim to be pro black are always lying and the first ones to attack Black people.

Pro Black people don't have to say that they're pro Black, their actions show it. A lot of people don't know what it is to be pro Black and should stfu when speaking on it. Being pro Black isn't just about what you say and post online, I wish y'all would realize that.

MissTake

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
49,199 1,583 809
Alleybux
So I've heard, although it sort of makes me wonder if you have a White partner, should you cease to do anything Pro-Black?

I think what you're referring to is people who are performatively pro black.

Sometimes they come across as so hyper active, with the pro blackness, because it's "the thing" they can become known for.

It IS such an issue, that I immediately look to see if they have a visible partner and a lot of times, their partner is white. And then I block their content.

I'm very "love who you love" but I do find it odd that you're very pro black, very conscious and outspoken about racism and all its ills, and then you're laid up with a white person. That's who you're building with, that's who you are creating/sharing your generational wealth with. That's who you're creating children with.

No thank you.

She didn’t lie. Refollow her.

She did lie. She's full of sh!t.

Percentage wise, there is a higher percentage of black people willing to do the work than white people. The only reason anyone would come across more white people who are willing have these convos is because they come across more white people in number.

We have universities full of black scholars and we're supposed to believe that it's a conversation WE don't want to have? Nah, that's cherry picking and being mad that specific people aren't interested and giving white people a whole lot of credit for the few who are.

AfricanStar

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,032 1,193 1,128
Alleybux

I've heard other fake pro black people say the same thing. One sellout male told my friend that white women were more down for black liberation than black women.

It's all bµllsh!t. They are just making sh!t up to justify their self hatred.

You CANNOT be pro black and have a non black partner because the foundation of Black Empowerment is the Black Family. The most pro black thing you can do is to have a Black spouse and Black children.

Anyone intentionally whitening their lineage is automatically a sellout.

jheri

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,460 11,973 331
Alleybux
sorry i'd laugh at someone claiming problack snuggled up with their nonblack partner.

folks just wanna claim labels to seem deep, but not do the work to deserve those labels

now i'm not saying i'd consider someone antiblack for dating out, but definitely not pro

ftr, i'm not against others swirling. i just don't see the need to dilute labels to fit folks

Last edited:

pgsoulchild

Cosmic Soul Child
Reaction score
Reactions
931 140 23
Alleybux
sorry i'd laugh at someone claiming problack snuggled up with their nonblack partner.

folks just wanna claim labels to seem deep, but not do the work to deserve those labels

now i'm not saying i'd consider someone antiblack for dating out, but definitely not pro

ftr, i'm not against others swirling. i just don't see the need to dilute labels to fit folks
So what about abolitionist? They fought for the cause of slavery and hid them. They have the same cause which is bettering humanity and helping blacks.

jheri

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,460 11,973 331
Alleybux
So what about abolitionist? They fought for the cause of slavery and hid them. They have the same cause which is bettering humanity and helping blacks.
white ones?

i do not believe other races can be pro-black just like i don't believe men can be feminists.

again, that does not mean i think the person not being pro-black means they are antiblack.

FayeDaBae

Yousa monkey see monkey do type bih
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
127,535 5,114 2,024
Alleybux

Yes. In fact the louder the pro black talk is the more I guarantee they are lol