UPDATE Benny Harlem : Fake illnesses, Freetress Fades, and now Shortcake Shampoo, Putieo Perms, and LIES!

Reactions
56,011 928 69
Alleybux
I think the limit to make a claim against someone for never sending a product (or sending shit) through paypal is 3 months aka 12 weeks. He knows what he's doing with his "processing" times.

Reactions
2,222 29 5
Alleybux
Also, look how he was holding TIGHT at the base of his head so that damn piece wouldn't come off as he tried to "pick" it

lmaooooooooo come on it should be a requirement that before you are inducted into the Guinness World Records, that someone run their hands through your SCALP in order to co-sign the authenticity. They just letting anybody hold records now; no proof needed.

2800b1e428e1157dfc9df9081f692818.png

And what’s happening here?

ETA: Ms. Courtney is looking worried af while he manipulates that weave in front of everyone. She’s even coaching him. I imagine she’s saying “put it on real gently. Be careful “ lmao and then she comes in at the end and pulls it up...... I’m sure there were some Guinness employees there that could have glammed him up but they were like nah

Last edited:
Reactions
8,700 360 209
Alleybux
Something isn’t right here! Hmmm

How convenient that when he was supposed to pay the rent of 5 families for 4 months, AND send out "hair kits", this "viper bite" in "Africa" that he miraculously lived with for 3 days and survived a long haul (15+ hr) flight back to LA for treatment comes up.

Why is it that every time something about him comes up, it always has to be so extravagant and extraordinary and over-the-top? Drama Queenism 101.

He's trying to find his way out of something. He collected money for those "hair kits" this time around and is trying to get out of dodge. See, the first few times you sell a fake product, you have to deliver on that product the first few times in order to reel in other unsuspecting suckers. You have to build their trust.

Then, when you think the time is right, you collect money that last time and just ghost out or start making up stories why you can't deliver your product.

LoL someone asked him on Instagram if he can show a Youtube video demonstrating how to use the products and he replied something to the effect of: "Even better than that, we are going to go live on YT in March 2019 and show how we use them"...

When March 2019 gets here best believe some other "tragic accident" is going to come up. Every time he has to make good on his word, something comes up.

It's a pattern. Not sure how that young lady don't know she being scammed but uh.

Also, someone mentioned that his fam might be in on his shenanigans. You could be right tbh. He has very short vids of people who receive his "product" but then you have hundreds more who will literally ask "Where can I buy your product?" Throwing money at this guy and he will literally NOT respond. But suddenly post that it miraculously "sold out in minutes".

What if the people with videos of themselves receiving his product are in fact family members ? As a way to reel in the suckers he collects money from? "Oh the product must be real, I see videos of people with theirs."

Just a possibility.

Reactions
8,700 360 209
Alleybux
O/T: thank you for posting this video. I have spent that last couple of hours looking at all her videos. She is very very talented. Too bad that she is not close to me. She is friendly, explains the process well, and is opened to constructive criticism.

Yes, she is AMAZING. I've been following her since the very beginning of her channel. She is the braid QUEEN. I learned so many techniques and perfected others by watching her videos. She literally shows ALL the secrets that other stylists won't tell you or show you because they so scared of "stopping they bag". But she is so giving, and yet her bags are not stopping. She def gets my respect. She also has her own line of different crochet and braiding hair too, some in very unique colors that you can't find in other places. Prices are reasonable as well.

Reactions
2,132 23 8
Alleybux
The Guinness world record he holds is just "highest hightop fade" it doesn't state his hair is real or that it has to be. If you go to his page on the Guinness website it just says how tall it is. Compared to the Longest head hair (female) record which states how long she has been growing her hair. He most likely came up with the category so it's brand new and he doesn't have to compete with anyone with a natural hightop. Like if you look up the girl with the world's biggest afro it's not that impressive lol but she's probably the first and only person who has thought to apply in that category. So his world record proves nothing but it's not like Guinness is just out here oblivious to the fact that his hair is fake.

P.S Guinness gets real specific with their records so if someone with a tall natural hightop fade applies they would most likely make another category. "Highest natural high top fade" and boom he's exposed lol so if you know someone tell them to apply and we can air this whole thing out

Naughty Two Shoes
Reactions
68,349 1,220 259
Alleybux
As far as the girl's age, my guess is that she's roughly between 9 and 11yrs old.

Weird thing is, as recently as THIS year he's been marketing her as being 6yrs old.

Problem is, on that Benny Harlem exposure Instagram page, there is a photo of her and the mom, timestamped at 2011 and the little girl looks to be around.. maybe 3yrs old.

How is it that in 2018 she's only 6 if she was a toddlee in 2011 ? That's a whole 7yrs later. If I had to take a wild guess, I believe she's definitely about 10yrs old. Also BONUS: Real dad in cover photo on screenshot of her facebook page. The girl looks a lot like her real dad. I wonder where he is in all this. I wonder how he feels about some grown ass man kissing all over his baby and his baby's mom facilitating it.

I also don't believe her real name is Jaxyn. I believe that's a stage name, just like their names are. View attachment 462331 View attachment 462342 View attachment 462344

View attachment 462331
There’s a video with the little girl saying “I’ve been growing my hair for 9 years” and it was a year or so ago.

ButterflyMrs
Reactions
45,414 774 182
Alleybux
Sad part is there IS a place for him in the creative world, but he ruined it by being a big ole scam artist. His day of reckoning is coming.

Is anybody old enough to remember some commercial about a scam "natural" hair straightener called Rio that made thousands of black women bald?

"You never win when you play dirty..."
Wasn’t Debbie Allen endorsing it and didn’t they say it was edible?!

Reactions
286 5 1
Alleybux
I totally agree with everything you said. He’s a scammer and there’s no reason why he has to wait til 2019 to go live. He doesn’t want to go live because him and his family are catfish. LOL

How convenient that when he was supposed to pay the rent of 5 families for 4 months, AND send out "hair kits", this "viper bite" in "Africa" that he miraculously lived with for 3 days and survived a long haul (15+ hr) flight back to LA for treatment comes up.

Why is it that every time something about him comes up, it always has to be so extravagant and extraordinary and over-the-top? Drama Queenism 101.

He's trying to find his way out of something. He collected money for those "hair kits" this time around and is trying to get out of dodge. See, the first few times you sell a fake product, you have to deliver on that product the first few times in order to reel in other unsuspecting suckers. You have to build their trust.

Then, when you think the time is right, you collect money that last time and just ghost out or start making up stories why you can't deliver your product.

LoL someone asked him on Instagram if he can show a Youtube video demonstrating how to use the products and he replied something to the effect of: "Even better than that, we are going to go live on YT in March 2019 and show how we use them"...

When March 2019 gets here best believe some other "tragic accident" is going to come up. Every time he has to make good on his word, something comes up.

It's a pattern. Not sure how that young lady don't know she being scammed but uh.

Also, someone mentioned that his fam might be in on his shenanigans. You could be right tbh. He has very short vids of people who receive his "product" but then you have hundreds more who will literally ask "Where can I buy your product?" Throwing money at this guy and he will literally NOT respond. But suddenly post that it miraculously "sold out in minutes".

What if the people with videos of themselves receiving his product are in fact family members ? As a way to reel in the suckers he collects money from? "Oh the product must be real, I see videos of people with theirs."

Just a possibility.

Reactions
28,313 523 49
Alleybux
Yes! My mom bought some right when shit hit the fan. We never got the product and she never got her money back. At least we didn't end up with hair that turned green then fell out! Those commercials had me and my cousins enthralled.

Sad part is there IS a place for him in the creative world, but he ruined it by being a big ole scam artist. His day of reckoning is coming.

Is anybody old enough to remember some commercial about a scam "natural" hair straightener called Rio that made thousands of black women bald?

"You never win when you play dirty..."

Reactions
23,550 1,124 15
Alleybux

This right here. I think I said this in the other thread. He doesn’t have to lie to kick it. Sharpen those photoshop skills and use it appropriately, be honest about what’s real and what’s not, and take bomb photos! He could still be an influencer and earn an honest coin.

And I cannot with this MARCH 2019 mess!! There is no good reason to wait 6 months to show yourself using the products. Negro please!

I’d rather buy from one of these YouTubers. They don’t hesitate to show wash day and products in action.

You said what?
Reactions
51,968 816 121
Alleybux
You know what, I'm not one for hating on folks getting their hustle on. More power to you. You sell an inferior product, hey, maybe some folks like it even if I don't. More power to you. I think your shit is ugly, maybe some other folks think it's cute. More power to you.

But this 99 right here is one of the biggest scammers on the 'net that I will rejoice in seeing his downfall. He is right up there with the Wife School fraud who is currently being taken down and ground into the dirt where she belongs. This fool is straight up lying about everything from the depths of his soul, from his fake hair to his fake family and now fake hair products and a fake story to elicit sympathy from these gullible folks. You see people in the comments talking about how they are SAVING up money to buy his 200 wesson oil because they believe it's the miracle they've been praying for. It's so fkking SAD and I can't wait until he is officially exposed and even face charges for fraud. You don't steal people's DREAMS like this. These women are so desperate for hair and he's promising them they will have hair like "his" and taking all of their money. Disgusting.

Reminds me of that Kimkins fraud from back in the '00s, if y'all remember that? She started a whole weight loss group claiming to have lost over 100 pounds, posting stolen pics from a Russian mail order bride service claiming it was her. Every magazine and phone and radio interview she did, SHE provided the pics for them to use, no one ever met with her in person so she was able to pass off this complete fake image. Folks were paying her like $80 a month to be in her online diet group where she coached you to eat 500 calories a day. She made well over a million dollars.

A few of her victims got together and hired a private investigator to hunt her down. He caught her OBESE ass at the grocery store buying all kinds of donuts and shit. Bitch was HUGE, you hear me? He even got video of her walking around. It was hilarious. I think that's the first internet scammer I saw busted right up close because I was in those groups. It was wild. She was arrested, charged and SUED. That's the only way her supporters would believe she was a fraud, when they saw the video of her in her deposition.

That's what going to have to happen to this chick, Benny Harlem.

Reactions
104,754 1,754 121
Alleybux
You know what, I'm not one for hating on folks getting their hustle on. More power to you. You sell an inferior product, hey, maybe some folks like it even if I don't. More power to you. I think your shit is ugly, maybe some other folks think it's cute. More power to you.

But this 99 right here is one of the biggest scammers on the 'net that I will rejoice in seeing his downfall. He is right up there with the Wife School fraud who is currently being taken down and ground into the dirt where she belongs. This fool is straight up lying about everything from the depths of his soul, from his fake hair to his fake family and now fake hair products and a fake story to elicit sympathy from these gullible folks. You see people in the comments talking about how they are SAVING up money to buy his 200 wesson oil because they believe it's the miracle they've been praying for. It's so fkking SAD and I can't wait until he is officially exposed and even face charges for fraud. You don't steal people's DREAMS like this. These women are so desperate for hair and he's promising them they will have hair like "his" and taking all of their money. Disgusting.

Reminds me of that Kimkins fraud from back in the '00s, if y'all remember that? She started a whole weight loss group claiming to have lost over 100 pounds, posting stolen pics from a Russian mail order bride service claiming it was her. Every magazine and phone and radio interview she did, SHE provided the pics for them to use, no one ever met with her in person so she was able to pass off this complete fake image. Folks were paying her like $80 a month to be in her online diet group where she coached you to eat 500 calories a day. She made well over a million dollars.

A few of her victims got together and hired a private investigator to hunt her down. He caught her OBESE ass at the grocery store buying all kinds of donuts and shit. Bitch was HUGE, you hear me? He even got video of her walking around. It was hilarious. I think that's the first internet scammer I saw busted right up close because I was in those groups. It was wild. She was arrested, charged and SUED. That's the only way her supporters would believe she was a fraud, when they saw the video of her in her deposition.

That's what going to have to happen to this chick, Benny Harlem.

OMG!! I remember that damn Kimkins scam. Damn I’m old because I was an adult back then. Whew man I remember one of my friends so hurt like her feeling were so hurt because it was also a lil cult like to me like they were all brainwashed thankfully someone came in with the receipts and snapped their ass out of it.

With the wife school thing I remember seeing women on fb whisper about it and really buy into it and I was really disappointed in that. Disappointed that women feel they need to jump through all these hoops to snag a man. Especially women older than 30 that you would think know better. I seen so many types of women get married it’s a lid for every pot.

Call me whatever but I think women are the bomb and they don’t need no damn school. I have been waiting for someone to drag that wife school “teacher” glad to finally see that go down. Now I’m waiting for Benny ass.

Last edited:
Reactions
104,754 1,754 121
Alleybux
This right here. I think I said this in the other thread. He doesn’t have to lie to kick it. Sharpen those photoshop skills and use it appropriately, be honest about what’s real and what’s not, and take bomb photos! He could still be an influencer and earn an honest coin.

And I cannot with this MARCH 2019 mess!! There is no good reason to wait 6 months to show yourself using the products. Negro please!

I’d rather buy from one of these YouTubers. They don’t hesitate to show wash day and products in action.

So true and honestly there is a market for the type of “artistry” he is doing. Not shading Markus Prime at all because I don’t know him like that but when I first saw Benny I thought it was some dude that was modeling for one of his paintings or whatever. He could have easily just did the same mess and did a whole Black Love thing but said all of them are models and was upfront about the hair. Hell he could have got tons of sponsorships selling Marley hair. He could also have been an ambassador for those kinky wigs that everyone is wearing now. He should have been thinking about his brand and the long game. If he was upfront he could have really did something. Instead he is too stupid and to much like a scammer to realize he didn’t have to do any of this.

We all know this is some cash grab he is doing. He will do this get whatever money he was looking for and then bounce and pop up maybe a year later. I notice he keeps saying March 2019 so that’s when he will disappear. He most likely already has it in the works.

#CutTheApronStrings
Reactions
223,847 2,619 1,685
Alleybux
Yes chile!! I remember watching them eating it (actually it was probably yogurt) and thinking: how can you EAT something that will break the bonds of your hair curl pattern? I was young thinking this but my mom was convinced by those scammers, talmbout "You're not allowed to lie on commercials, they have laws for these things" Steups

#CutTheApronStrings
Reactions
223,847 2,619 1,685
Alleybux
Yes, she is AMAZING. I've been following her since the very beginning of her channel. She is the braid QUEEN. I learned so many techniques and perfected others by watching her videos. She literally shows ALL the secrets that other stylists won't tell you or show you because they so scared of "stopping they bag". But she is so giving, and yet her bags are not stopping. She def gets my respect. She also has her own line of different crochet and braiding hair too, some in very unique colors that you can't find in other places. Prices are reasonable as well.

You know what's so crazy about styles like this? The cornrow designs underneath these weaves are gorgeous WORKS OF ART and far more beautiful than the weaves that get sewn to them.

I have nothing at all against weaves, extensions etc... but it's kind of sad that we don't know that our ancient hair artistry is far superior to the long, loose, boring 'hanging sheet of hair' styles of white people.

Reactions
104,754 1,754 121
Alleybux
You know what's so crazy about styles like this? The cornrow designs underneath these weaves are gorgeous WORKS OF ART and far more beautiful than the weaves that get sewn to them.

I have nothing at all against weaves, extensions etc... but it's kind of sad that we don't know that our ancient hair artistry is far superior to the long, loose, boring 'hanging sheet of hair' styles of white people.

I was thinking the same thing how beautiful the braid pattern was. Especially the one in the video. I can imagine putting some lil beads and cute hair accessories in there to adorn it.

Unfazed and Unbothered
Reactions
21,532 574 456
Alleybux
He is probably furiously rewriting his fables as we speak.

As I am sure a thirst bucket like him scours the internet for any whispers of a mention.... he is probably radio silent tryna figure out how to get a handle on this scam before it blows up in his face.

I hope he finds this thread and is on high alert: a whole host of people are on to the scam and it is really only a matter of time before the flimsy house of cards built on quicksand will start to sink.

20180910_123051.png
20180910_123109.png

Reactions
53,530 977 95
Alleybux
This is the best thread I've read in a while. Does laughter count as exercise? Because my abs are aching.

And thank goodness the Somali people are protected by viper so he won’t be bothering them. *insert gif of 90’s viper commercial*

STAND BACK

so do yall think he orders the marley hair online, cuz imagine this ***** going in to Lucky Joy Beauty Supply Store with bags and bags of janet collection marley hair :weary_face::joy:

like who is his vendor

They must order it in bulk, by the case, family pack.

He over there acting like he some hotep gnome fairy picking berries and shit

SHUT UP
stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif

I wish I would wait 12 weeks for freaking some simple oils mixed together

BREWED together, sis.

Reactions
77,313 875 332
Alleybux
The one Debbie endorsed was called COPA, lmao

Marketers of Copa Hair System Agree to Settle FTC Charges

Marketers of Copa Hair System Agree to Settle FTC Charges

GoodTimes Entertainment Limited (GoodTimes) and GT Merchandising & Licensing Corporation (GTM&L), direct marketers headquartered in New York City, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they made unsubstantiated claims for the “Copa Hair System” (Copa), and placed unauthorized charges on credit cards of some purchasers of Copa and of Richard Simmons’ “Blast Off the Pounds” products. The FTC also charged GoodTimes and GTM&L with violating the Commission’s Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule (Mail Order Rule) by failing to ship merchandise within the promised time period. The Department of Justice filed this action at the FTC’s request. In addition to requiring payment of $100,000 in civil penalties and $200,000 in consumer redress, the settlement prohibits GoodTimes and GTM&L from making the challenged claims for the products without adequate substantiation, and from violating the Mail Order Rule.

Copa is a popular hair-straightening product targeted primarily to African-American women and sold mainly through infomercials hosted by dancer Debbie Allen. It is also sold through the defendants’ Web site at www.copahair.com. The FTC alleged that defendants GoodTimes and GTM&L marketed Copa as having unique hair-strengthening properties. Its active ingredient, however, according to the FTC, may weaken hair while it straightens it. Further, through the use of “before and after” pictures, the defendants allegedly implied that consumers would experience hair straightening with just one use. The FTC charges that, instead, multiple applications may be necessary to achieve the depicted results. In addition, the FTC alleges that the defendants did not ship the product within the promised time frames, and enrolled consumers in continuity programs without their consent.

The defendants also marketed Richard Simmons’ “Blast Off The Pounds” weight-loss program consisting of videotapes and “Blast & Go Vitamins,”sold via television and Internet advertising. According to the FTC, the defendants on occasion charged consumers for additional products without their consent.

The consent decree to settle the charges requires that the defendants obtain consumers’ “express informed consent” before they are enrolled in any continuity program. It prohibits the defendants from billing or charging any consumer who has not specifically agreed to purchase the defendants’ products. The settlement also requires the defendants to have competent and reliable scientific evidence for any representations they make regarding the performance, benefits, or efficacy of a drug, food, cosmetic, or dietary supplement. The consent decree prohibits the defendants from, among other things, making unsubstantiated claims regarding Copa’s strengthening properties and requires the defendants affirmatively to disclose, in Copa advertising using “before and after” pictures, the number of applications needed to produce the depicted result.

The Commission vote to file the complaint and consent decree was 5-0. The documents were filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York on August 11, 2003,and the consent decree requires the judge’s approval.

NOTE: Consent decrees are for settlement purposes only and do not constitute an admission by the defendants of a law violation. A consent decree has the force of law when signed by the judge.

Copies of the complaint and consent decree are available from the FTC’s Web site at http://www.ftc.gov and also from the FTC’s Consumer Response Center, Room 130, 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20580. The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive, and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop, and avoid them. To file a complaint, or to get free information on any of 150 consumer topics, call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357), or use the complaint form at http://www.ftc.gov. The FTC enters Internet, telemarketing, identity theft, and other fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.

(FTC File Nos. 012-3032; Civil Action No. 03 CV 6037)

CONTACT INFORMATION
Media Contact:
Brenda Mack
Office of Public Affairs
202-326-2182
Staff Contact:
Janet Evans or Daniel Kaufman
Bureau Consumer Protection
202-326-2125 or 202-326-2675

Reactions
104,754 1,754 121
Alleybux
This is the best thread I've read in a while. Does laughter count as exercise? Because my abs are aching.

STAND BACK

They must order it in bulk, by the case, family pack.

SHUT UP
stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif

BREWED together, sis.

Thank you for posting the viper commercial. That commercial has me weak over here. *protected by viper stand back*

I wonder how long is he going to stay hiding at the Betty Ford Clinic

Reactions
2,797 40 4
Alleybux
7A6A78D9-AC41-4B7C-958B-0B19BC4C8EE4.jpeg
Ok now wayment...I took a look at the products in his natural hair kit and noticed one of the products looks an awful lot like the maple cream I just bought at the grocery store. I know this man ain’t slapping his own label on some $6 maple cream from Ralph’s. :disdain

(His photo is top left, mine are the other two.)

Reactions
168,898 4,679 434
Alleybux
View attachment 465294 Ok now wayment...I took a look at the products in his natural hair kit and noticed one of the products looks an awful lot like the maple cream I just bought at the grocery store. I know this man ain’t slapping his own label on some $6 maple cream from Ralph’s. :disdain

(His photo is top left, mine are the other two.)
Tell me more about this maple cream....
How does it taste?
What do you use it for?
Should it be on my next grocery list?

The Culture

General Alley

Recent Posts

9ja gist live 2021 (Brand New Tea Thread)
Mercy abeg comot that nonsense you wear for head.
Future Harem Pt 2, “i Need A Wife” Pg 13
So basically your friend not only sells her body, but also her dignity, her self respect, her career (because he will never do anything to really...
Carmen Caboom
Carmens getting a housekeeper!!! lmao. Lazy sow. She said that around the 1 hour 18 minute mark. I can only imagine the pigpen she lives...
MsVaughntv's new vlog series "MY REAL LIFE"
I have to disagree that Anne is holding them together. Parents of children who are special needs have a high probability of divorce and strained...
New Interracial Vlogger Couple: Meet The Lovealls
It looks like she downgraded from her old apartment. He probably messed up her finances more than she's willing to admit. Yup which is why shes...
UPDATE Reddit Users Are LEGALLY Gaming The Stock Market...
Just read this on reddit. In addition to what @Surf has been saying, it's kinda making me leery. Going to watch closely to see when I might need...
The Clubhouse App Official Discussion Thread
My thing is this, they’ve been picked. Nothing they can do about it. They should be smart and want to co moderate with them, which essentially get...
Top Bottom