Quantcast

Bernice King shows some love and grace for Sha’Carri Richardson

Butters2001

Voice Note Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
135,136 8,034 4,552
Alleybux
I love me some Bernice, very sweet woman. She also showed love towards Samaria Rice a while back when folks were trying to discredit her and write her off as bitter. It was his birthday and I could tell that Bernice was trying to shift the conversation. I want to meet her one day.

KeiraNyongo

iSlay
Reaction score
Reactions
401,994 21,033 26,977
Alleybux
The black community needs better heroes. Like we've got astronauts, innovative tech entrepreneurs, award winning school teachers etc. but folks hell bent on venerating this arrogant weed smoking girl. Chile. I'm tired.

UPS Guy

I was here
Reaction score
Reactions
91,291 4,098 4,038
Alleybux
People doing the most over this girl.

my girl Allyson Felix been out here killing it for years, but people give her nothing.

she’s one of the most decorated women in track.

Awarding and celebrating her for breaking the rules and throwing away such a big opportunity is counterproductive to her growth and evolution.

maxrules1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,485 2,239 2,624
Alleybux
The black community needs better heroes. Like we've got astronauts, innovative tech entrepreneurs, award winning school teachers etc. but folks hell bent on venerating this arrogant weed smoking girl. Chile. I'm tired.
So true though. Lol!
I’m also not surprised at
Bernice King publicly supporting her. I mean she probably has a girl crush. They have that in common.

BarefootMaria

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
196,729 3,202 1,756
Alleybux
It's way beyond too much. This news cycle is over. Throwing Sha'carri up as some martyr or victim of anything besides her own bad decisions is so ignorant. So many athletes are getting ready to compete this week, and where is the support? Sha'Carri has not won anything more than an NCAA title, nothing else, and it's become such a tragedy that she sabotaged her own Olympics? For bad decisions you get applause and lucrative deals, while other athletes who made it and sacrificed are funding their dreams by working at McDonald's or however else they can continue. I'm glad people picked her up when she fell on her face, but they are also uninformed of the overall situation.

Last edited:

lovelygirl24

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,319 120 51
Alleybux
It's way beyond too much. This news cycle is over. Throwing Sha'carri up as some martyr or victim of anything besides her own bad decisions is so ignorant. So many athletes are getting ready to compete this week, and where is the support? Sha'Carri has not won anything more than an NCAA title, nothing else, and it's become such a tragedy that she sabotaged her own Olympics? For bad decisions you get applause and lucrative deals, while other athletes who made and sacrificed are funding their dreams by working at McDonald's or however else they can continue. I'm glad people picked her up when she fell on her face, but they are also informed of the overall situation.
You better say it !!!

21andover

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
182,984 4,047 1,603
Alleybux
Yall, once the black girls start competing they will get all the shine.

Everyone still loves Allyson , Gabby, Simone, Jordan and the rest of the #bgm crew.

We can like Sha’Carri and everyone else.

Cicely Tyson

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,866 739 784
Alleybux
It's way beyond too much. This news cycle is over. Throwing Sha'carri up as some martyr or victim of anything besides her own bad decisions is so ignorant. So many athletes are getting ready to compete this week, and where is the support? Sha'Carri has not won anything more than an NCAA title, nothing else, and it's become such a tragedy that she sabotaged her own Olympics? For bad decisions you get applause and lucrative deals, while other athletes who made and sacrificed are funding their dreams by working at McDonald's or however else they can continue. I'm glad people picked her up when she fell on her face, but they are also informed of the overall situation.
Exactly she chose to smoke weed and fail her drug test why should we give her sympathy for sabotaging her own self?

Cicely Tyson

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,866 739 784
Alleybux
I’m not sure why the black community and celebrities are supporting Shacarri so much. She chose to smoke weed and fail her drug test so isn’t that her fault? We have so many black athletes that need love we have a first time black female swimmer from Zimbabwe in the Olympics where’s the love for Donata Katai? I agree with a font that said we need better role models.

Butters2001

Voice Note Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
135,136 8,034 4,552
Alleybux
Y’all got all of this out of a picture…not even a caption. Negative for no fµck!ng reason. Yet bashed Bernice who does amazing work by for no reason…ughh

MsLiz

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,974 232 44
Alleybux
There was a post on here that was discussing if Sha’Carri was getting so much support and noise from the black community because she looked like she was from the trenches…

While I wouldn’t have used the term trenches, I am starting to think black people are excusing her because she fits the stereotype of what black women act like/look like.

We haven’t made nearly this much noise about the gymnastics people cutting one of Simone’s moves because the white girls couldn’t do it… or the the Olympic committee banning natural hair swim caps. But we have plenty of time and advocacy for an athlete who did something she’s always known she wasn’t supposed to do.

deep1

Serial Thanker
Reaction score
Reactions
161,630 5,573 5,245
Alleybux

my girl Allyson Felix been out here killing it for years, but people give her nothing.

Awarding and celebrating her for breaking the rules and throwing away such a big opportunity is counterproductive to her growth and evolution.

Yes, there are way too many threads about her.

I could never understand the obsession with her. She broke the rules, she's not the only black athlete!

I think because people see her as "hood" they don't feel intimidated by her, they feel comfortable. It's like if you're not all flamboyant and hood, people feel so insecure toward you.

Shiiiiet

Kayla, Michelle, Tinasha, Miriam, Sandra, Marielle
Reaction score
Reactions
142,951 5,553 5,393
Alleybux

Stop acting like she killed someone. She made a mistake. Bill Cosby etc. can make mistakes, but a young bw can't? She smoked some weed. I'm not saying that she should be on the team. She broke the rules.

Shiiiiet

Kayla, Michelle, Tinasha, Miriam, Sandra, Marielle
Reaction score
Reactions
142,951 5,553 5,393
Alleybux
Yes, there are way too many threads about her.

I could never understand the obsession with her. She broke the rules, she's not the only black athlete!

I think because people see her as "hood" they don't feel intimidated by her, they feel comfortable. It's like if you're not all flamboyant and hood, people feel so insecure toward you.
You sound like a white supremacist. My goodness.

deep1

Serial Thanker
Reaction score
Reactions
161,630 5,573 5,245
Alleybux
You sound like a white supremacist. My goodness.

What a weird comment. I'm FAR from a being white supremacist (I'm black btw) if you ever see my postings.

What was wrong with what I said? There are plenty of black athletes to support.

Never understood why some of you catch feelings over this chick, who cares?

same ole bs

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
69,007 4,668 2,884
Alleybux
Stop acting like she killed someone. She made a mistake. Bill Cosby etc. can make mistakes, but a young bw can't? She smoked some weed. I'm not saying that she should be on the team. She broke the rules.
The black community is very forgiven of BM despite their many failures and shortcomings. Meanwhile BW don't get that treatment.

BigMayBelle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
145,380 5,000 3,322
Alleybux
The black community is very forgiven of BM despite their many failures and shortcomings. Meanwhile BW don't get that treatment.
Right people really know alot of this support is because a lot of athletes pushing for use of cannabis. And one black woman get some sympathy everyone all of sudden wants to preach accountability when she took accountability.

But we have plenty of time and advocacy for an athlete who did something she’s always known she wasn’t supposed to do.
This support is used an a catalyst for athletes to legalize cannabis. I don’t see regular people supporting or defending her it’s athletes with those banners up. Most regular people are calling her stupid.

madness116

Harsh Truth Teller
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
308,147 26,250 31,726
Alleybux
There was a post on here that was discussing if Sha’Carri was getting so much support and noise from the black community because she looked like she was from the trenches…

While I wouldn’t have used the term trenches, I am starting to think black people are excusing her because she fits the stereotype of what black women act like/look like.

We haven’t made nearly this much noise about the gymnastics people cutting one of Simone’s moves because the white girls couldn’t do it… or the the Olympic committee banning natural hair swim caps. But we have plenty of time and advocacy for an athlete who did something she’s always known she wasn’t supposed to do.
This is PRECISELY why they're enamored with her.