Best brand of Roller Skates that won't 'break the bank'

The beautiful one.
Reactions
7,026 25 1
Alleybux
The rainbow ones are a NO for me lol. I def want some moxi’s I want the Lolly’s but I’d settle for the Beach Bunny but I’m an 8.5-9 women’s and I can’t find my size anywhere right now. I found the Angel skates not the brand but Reidell brand on another site marked up $30 so I’m like ummmm. Ima keep checking daily several times .
The beach bunny’s are nice I have a pair in purple. The boot is vinyl so it’s stiff but I’ve had them for 2 years and I’ve broken them in now. I’m probably going to get some harder wheels because I like to skate fast and gummy wheels make it harder to do that. We wear the same size and my mother who is also the same size just ordered some off of Amazon so try looking on there.

StarStatus
Reactions
59,758 1,314 467
Alleybux
The beach bunny’s are nice I have a pair in purple. The boot is vinyl so it’s stiff but I’ve had them for 2 years and I’ve broken them in now. I’m probably going to get some harder wheels because I like to skate fast and gummy wheels make it harder to do that. We wear the same size and my mother who is also the same size just ordered some off of Amazon so try looking on there.
Your mother ordered Lollys? What size did you get in your skates? I did see some there yesterday but biggest size was 8 so I figured I need a 9 or 10. I’ll settle for the Bunny but the suede is so beautiful to me. I want the moonlight skates too but they are all sold out too. I wanna skate so bad I can’t wait to get a pair. I tried to get some years ago but I didn’t research and ended up returning my cheap skates to academy and getting an expensive bike (which I still love) I just wanna skate too. I bet they weren’t sold out like this two years ago. Sigh, thanks. I’m def going to keep looking.

The beautiful one.
Reactions
7,026 25 1
Alleybux
Your mother ordered Lollys? What size did you get in your skates? I did see some there yesterday but biggest size was 8 so I figured I need a 9 or 10. I’ll settle for the Bunny but the suede is so beautiful to me. I want the moonlight skates too but they are all sold out too. I wanna skate so bad I can’t wait to get a pair. I tried to get some years ago but I didn’t research and ended up returning my cheap skates to academy and getting an expensive bike (which I still love) I just wanna skate too. I bet they weren’t sold out like this two years ago. Sigh, thanks. I’m def going to keep looking.
I just asked her and she said her size wasn’t in stock and this was for the beach bunnies my bad. I have a size 8 for my skates and I wear a size 9 sometimes 8.5 in regular shoes. You can try looking at VNLA skates but their skates aren’t what I would call cute at least not like Moxis. I’m not sure what their cheapest skate is but it might not be less than 150 or 200. Try Bruised boutique they sell several different brands. They even have the option to buy customized skates but that starts at $300 something and I’m going to assume you aren’t trying to pay that much.

StarStatus
Reactions
59,758 1,314 467
Alleybux
I me
I just asked her and she said her size wasn’t in stock and this was for the beach bunnies my bad. I have a size 8 for my skates and I wear a size 9 sometimes 8.5 in regular shoes. You can try looking at VNLA skates but their skates aren’t what I would call cute at least not like Moxis. I’m not sure what their cheapest skate is but it might not be less than 150 or 200. Try Bruised boutique they sell several different brands. They even have the option to buy customized skates but that starts at $300 something and I’m going to assume you aren’t trying to pay that much.
I mean I would if it was worth it. I just don’t want to wait too long. So they have an 8 in stock online of the Beach bunny, but it’s the watermelon color ugh! Lol. I might get them...I’m not a fan of the watermelon but maybe I can freak them and then when all this dies down I’m gonna get the skates I really want which who’ll be some sexy suede ones.

oh wait I see they are 339. I’m not paying that when regular price is $149 lol. I might as well get the Riedell. I’m actually getting ok with the white option because I can add light and strings to give me some pop. And when all this dies down I guess I get a cuter pair. I’m going to go check out the other place you recommended too.

The beautiful one.
Reactions
7,026 25 1
Alleybux
I me

I mean I would if it was worth it. I just don’t want to wait too long. So they have an 8 in stock online of the Beach bunny, but it’s the watermelon color ugh! Lol. I might get them...I’m not a fan of the watermelon but maybe I can freak them and then when all this dies down I’m gonna get the skates I really want which who’ll be some sexy suede ones.
You might just want to wait because you might end up not wanting to skate due to that not being the ones you want and that would be a waste of money. Some skating rinks sell skates so you can try calling the nearest rink and ask what they have. I think my rink only sells VNLA skates which look like this;

VanillaAnniversaryJamSkate-2.jpg

StarStatus
Reactions
59,758 1,314 467
Alleybux
You might just want to wait because you might end up not wanting to skate due to that not being the ones you want and that would be a waste of money. Some skating rinks sell skates so you can try calling the nearest rink and ask what they have. I think my rink only sells VNLA skates which look like this;
Ya know I was thinking of calling the skating rink, I don’t have ally skate shops in my area and the closest one is 1 1/2 who also sells Moxi and it’s preorder/back order in. I don’t want that style of skate I want the artistic style. Now the VNLA are not that cute but they are not that ugly either. I see they are new though and the one review that is out in them, said they are on the stiffer side so you can’t jam in them. I’m not trying to do jam skating per say but I do wanna be able to maybe do a little something while listening to my music. I’d consider the VNLA for now. I don’t know how long I’d have to wait. Some websites say 18-36 week wait. So I can get something to hold me over now. Yea I think that’s what I will do.

The beautiful one.
Reactions
7,026 25 1
Alleybux
Ya know I was thinking of calling the skating rink, I don’t have ally skate shops in my area and the closest one is 1 1/2 who also sells Moxi and it’s preorder/back order in. I don’t want that style of skate I want the artistic style. Now the VNLA are not that cute but they are not that ugly either. I see they are new though and the one review that is out in them, said they are on the stiffer side so you can’t jam in them. I’m not trying to do jam skating per say but I do wanna be able to maybe do a little something while listening to my music. I’d consider the VNLA for now. I don’t know how long I’d have to wait. Some websites say 18-36 week wait. So I can get something to hold me over now. Yea I think that’s what I will do.
Well good luck, remember to tell us when you get your new skates! You can jam skate in VNLA skates, a lot of people at my rink have them and can jam but I would say they’re better for speed skating. Might depend on the skate but this is one of the best skates for jam skating however they’re almost $700. I can kinda jam in my Beach bunnies and that’s a vinyl boot.

Riedell-Skate-172-OG-2019-XL__61105.1582146040.png

StarStatus
Reactions
59,758 1,314 467
Alleybux

Yea actually I think I may try the VNLA out I just wanna check on shipping time.

StarStatus
Reactions
59,758 1,314 467
Alleybux
Well good luck, remember to tell us when you get your new skates! You can jam skate in VNLA skates, a lot of people at my rink have them and can jam but I would say they’re better for speed skating. Might depend on the skate but this is one of the best skates for jam skating however they’re almost $700. I can kinda jam in my Beach bunnies and that’s a vinyl boot.
Those are so sexy! I love them! I’ll let you guys know. I’m watching a video of her using them and they aren’t too bad I think I will try them out with all the madness going on I don’t have much choice.

StarStatus
Reactions
59,758 1,314 467
Alleybux
I think I’m going to preorder from Bruised boutique and wait it says 2-30 weeks. I really want some suede joints. I like those purple VNLA’s but they are so new I’m scaring myself if they may need to work some things out with them. I’m still thinking....haha

StarStatus
Reactions
59,758 1,314 467
Alleybux
Ok so I’m still looking around. Anyone have any reviews on C7 brand skates? I’m considering those cause i won’t have to preorder. And then I can get the Moxi Lollys preordered and wait. The VNLA are preorder right now too.

StarStatus
Reactions
59,758 1,314 467
Alleybux
Here’s a review on them.
Watched the color is popping I think ima just get these. I also liked the lavender VNLA but I kinda don’t wanna wait. Just seems like the c7 will need better wheels. Everyone with reviews seems to be a beginner. I’m not really a beginner but I don’t think a beginner will know all the things to look for in skates. Like the one review on the VNLA that chick just started skating 3 months ago or so. I will be new to outdoor skating but I know how to skate and rollerblade just haven’t done it in awhile.

The beautiful one.
Reactions
7,026 25 1
Alleybux
Watched the color is popping I think ima just get these. I also liked the lavender VNLA but I kinda don’t wanna wait. Just seems like the c7 will need better wheels. Everyone with reviews seems to be a beginner. I’m not really a beginner but I don’t think a beginner will know all the things to look for in skates. Like the one review on the VNLA that chick just started skating 3 months ago or so. I will be new to outdoor skating but I know how to skate and rollerblade just haven’t done it in awhile.
I’ve never skated outside with my beach bunnies. They come with gummy wheels so you can skate indoor and outdoors with them. I might give it a try someday but I need to learn how to clean my wheels and bearings. I just let my rink clean them.

StarStatus
Reactions
59,758 1,314 467
Alleybux
I’ve never skated outside with my beach bunnies. They come with gummy wheels so you can skate indoor and outdoors with them. I might give it a try someday but I need to learn how to clean my wheels and bearings. I just let my rink clean them.
Ok I went on Amazon and saw reviews of the c7 ripping. I read VNLA is a good brand that makes popular jam skates but they are new to the artistic style boot it seems so they may have kinks to work out there and it was tempting but I went ahead and ordered these.
2F10DB56-72F3-4008-B60B-D6BC3E015204.jpeg

Not quite the cute and fun look I was going for. But I think I will try and customize them. Any ideas? I’m thinking of getting a fringe. That would be sexy. Anything else I can do to jazz these up? Anyone have experience with zone skates? I hope they are giving me what I need, despite them looking almost like typical skating rink skates, the black ones would have been better but this store had one in my size available in stock they can ship out today. I think she mentioned the ugly red wheels will be on it so those are def going to be one of the first things to go.

how do you choose wheels and wheel sizes etc? I need indoor and outdoor wheels. Going to get the protector for the toe. Some new strings but what color would pop with the tan suede?

they also offered me some really cute skates that aren’t out yet. Pink passion sure grip I think. They are really cute and the wheels remind me of CA, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to commit to the pink. Bubblegum pink. Now royalty purple, a fun teal or mint, yellow. Ok. But pink, and then no suede, uhhhh. Almost but I will try out the Riediells.

Last edited:
The beautiful one.
Reactions
7,026 25 1
Alleybux
Ok I went on Amazon and saw reviews of the c7 ripping. I read VNLA is a good brand that makes popular jam skates but they are new to the artistic style boot it seems so they may have kinks to work out there and it was tempting but I went ahead and ordered these.
View attachment 2458530
Not quite the cute and fun look I was going for. But I think I will try and customize them. Any ideas? I’m thinking of getting a fringe. That would be sexy. Anything else I can do to jazz these up? Anyone have experience with zone skates? I hope they are giving me what I need, despite them looking almost like typical skating rink skates, the black ones would have been better but this store had one in my size available in stock they can ship out today. I think she mentioned the ugly red wheels will be on it so those are def going to be one of the first things to go.

how do you choose wheels and wheel sizes etc? I need indoor and outdoor wheels. Going to get the protector for the toe. Some new strings but what color would pop with the tan suede?

they also offered me some really cute skates that aren’t out yet. Pink passion sure grip I think. They are really cute and the wheels remind me of CA, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to commit to the pink. Bubblegum pink. Now royalty purple, a fun teal or mint, yellow. Ok. But pink, and then no suede, uhhhh. Almost but I will try out the Riediells.
YouTube has some good videos about wheels and changing them out. Hard wheels are better for indoor rinks and soft wheels are better for outdoor surfaces. I’m not sure how to spice up those skates but I think they’re sexy.

StarStatus
Reactions
59,758 1,314 467
Alleybux
my boots should be here tomorrow. I’ve been to anxious to order other things I need like tools and indoor wheels. I’m looking now since I noticed locally we don’t have a skate shop for roller skates although I read a review that said one store may start caring roller skate supplies due to popular demand. So fingers crossed, but I may call some skating rinks and see if they have the tool and maybe I can buy it. Roller rinks are open at weird hours.

The beautiful one.
Reactions
7,026 25 1
Alleybux
my boots should be here tomorrow. I’ve been to anxious to order other things I need like tools and indoor wheels. I’m looking now since I noticed locally we don’t have a skate shop for roller skates although I read a review that said one store may start caring roller skate supplies due to popular demand. So fingers crossed, but I may call some skating rinks and see if they have the tool and maybe I can buy it. Roller rinks are open at weird hours.
I don’t remember the exact names of the tools right now but you can find them on Amazon.

StarStatus
Reactions
59,758 1,314 467
Alleybux
So my skates came yesterday but I caught a bug or something that had me sleeping it off. I feel a little better today. I don’t know if I will try to use these when I get off or just try this weekend at my moms. They feel so different. I need to loosen my trucks. My skates came with a crab tool but I can’t figure out how to use it for the trucks.

Attachments

• E3A514A7-762B-4007-8AE8-C5F21605BC6A.jpeg
    E3A514A7-762B-4007-8AE8-C5F21605BC6A.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 11
The beautiful one.
Reactions
7,026 25 1
Alleybux
So my skates came yesterday but I caught a bug or something that had me sleeping it off. I feel a little better today. I don’t know if I will try to use these when I get off or just try this weekend at my moms. They feel so different. I need to loosen my trucks. My skates came with a crab tool but I can’t figure out how to use it for the trucks.
Here’s a video
And here’s a Reddit link with someone asking about this
For skate toe covers and laces you can just google that and get them from Amazon, Etsy, or any skate shop. My moxis came with toe covers but I don’t use them.

StarStatus
Reactions
59,758 1,314 467
Alleybux
Here’s a video
And here’s a Reddit link with someone asking about this
For skate toe covers and laces you can just google that and get them from Amazon, Etsy, or any skate shop. My moxis came with toe covers but I don’t use them.
How about I just watched this. Everyone is using that Y tool cause it’s easier than the crab tool I have. I called local skate shop and they may have some coming in tomorrow. I’m going to try the skate rink. I will look on Amazon and Etsy cause I’d rather just order all at one stop, I already hate ordering online.

Reactions
486 1
Alleybux
Just got back into skating after a long 15 year absence this week! I got the Moxi Roller Blades (took about 6 weeks to come in). It was a struggle to get started, but I caught my rhythm towards the end and today's session was a little more fluid.

I would definitely say get padded pants/shorts as well as a helmet, knee pads, etc. I know I look stupid in them, but they saved my behind (literally). I've fallen about 5 times each session (twice on my back) but with these babies I have been able to be fearless.

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

The Lounge

Recent Posts

Hot Sauce Recommendations?
I love Tattoo's scotch bonnet curry I put it on everything. Chili garlic cholula is my default hot sauce. LA MF VALENTINA >>>>>
Smash or Pass: Alan Shirahama
Hmm i see i see. Can i give Alan and the 30,000 back? And just have Akira? I feel it's a great deal op . :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Alright deal!
Twitter says Chicago Mayor is having an affair on her wife and considering resignation
Ever since someone said Lori's wife looked like Lurch, I can't unsee it. This is a mess and I'm perched for tea
My Jazzy Life
If she get rid if Chris maybe she will start feeling better Jazz would breakdown if this stranger left her codependency & food are her only...
Buckingham Swirl: The Prince Charles (and Family) Appreciation Thread
I don’t even know what to say. She does look like William! Is she Philipp’s love child with that woman? Wooww.
Daunte Wright called his mom before being shot. George Floyd yelled for his. As a Black mother...
Her greatest fear should be her black ass daughter being murdered at the hands of a black man. The chances of that happening are far greater than...
Smash or Pass: Kris Wu
Look at braces making them drastic changes. I've seen pics of him as a teen. He definitely hasn't had any.
Are Y'all Going To See "Kinky" This Weekend?
I know he trying hard and he is a handsome, nicely buit guy but I just cannot see Robert Ri'chard in roles like this. I would like to see him in...
Neverland is being brought back to old glory by the new owner?
TF would Taj know!! They prolly can’t get him on the phone he’s so busy making the documentary :laugh2:laugh2:laugh2 Bihhh I'm beginning...
Top Bottom