Quantcast

Best brand of Roller Skates that won't 'break the bank'

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,783 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
Ok so I’m still looking around. Anyone have any reviews on C7 brand skates? I’m considering those cause i won’t have to preorder. And then I can get the Moxi Lollys preordered and wait. The VNLA are preorder right now too.

nicole91019

The beautiful one.
Reaction score
Reactions
19,592 125 9
Alleybux
Ok so I’m still looking around. Anyone have any reviews on C7 brand skates? I’m considering those cause i won’t have to preorder. And then I can get the Moxi Lollys preordered and wait. The VNLA are preorder right now too.
Here’s a review on them.

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,783 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
Here’s a review on them.

Watched the color is popping I think ima just get these. I also liked the lavender VNLA but I kinda don’t wanna wait. Just seems like the c7 will need better wheels. Everyone with reviews seems to be a beginner. I’m not really a beginner but I don’t think a beginner will know all the things to look for in skates. Like the one review on the VNLA that chick just started skating 3 months ago or so. I will be new to outdoor skating but I know how to skate and rollerblade just haven’t done it in awhile.

nicole91019

The beautiful one.
Reaction score
Reactions
19,592 125 9
Alleybux
Watched the color is popping I think ima just get these. I also liked the lavender VNLA but I kinda don’t wanna wait. Just seems like the c7 will need better wheels. Everyone with reviews seems to be a beginner. I’m not really a beginner but I don’t think a beginner will know all the things to look for in skates. Like the one review on the VNLA that chick just started skating 3 months ago or so. I will be new to outdoor skating but I know how to skate and rollerblade just haven’t done it in awhile.
I’ve never skated outside with my beach bunnies. They come with gummy wheels so you can skate indoor and outdoors with them. I might give it a try someday but I need to learn how to clean my wheels and bearings. I just let my rink clean them.

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,783 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
I’ve never skated outside with my beach bunnies. They come with gummy wheels so you can skate indoor and outdoors with them. I might give it a try someday but I need to learn how to clean my wheels and bearings. I just let my rink clean them.
Ok I went on Amazon and saw reviews of the c7 ripping. I read VNLA is a good brand that makes popular jam skates but they are new to the artistic style boot it seems so they may have kinks to work out there and it was tempting but I went ahead and ordered these.
2F10DB56-72F3-4008-B60B-D6BC3E015204.jpeg

Not quite the cute and fun look I was going for. But I think I will try and customize them. Any ideas? I’m thinking of getting a fringe. That would be sexy. Anything else I can do to jazz these up? Anyone have experience with zone skates? I hope they are giving me what I need, despite them looking almost like typical skating rink skates, the black ones would have been better but this store had one in my size available in stock they can ship out today. I think she mentioned the ugly red wheels will be on it so those are def going to be one of the first things to go.

how do you choose wheels and wheel sizes etc? I need indoor and outdoor wheels. Going to get the protector for the toe. Some new strings but what color would pop with the tan suede?

they also offered me some really cute skates that aren’t out yet. Pink passion sure grip I think. They are really cute and the wheels remind me of CA, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to commit to the pink. Bubblegum pink. Now royalty purple, a fun teal or mint, yellow. Ok. But pink, and then no suede, uhhhh. Almost but I will try out the Riediells.

Last edited:

nicole91019

The beautiful one.
Reaction score
Reactions
19,592 125 9
Alleybux
Ok I went on Amazon and saw reviews of the c7 ripping. I read VNLA is a good brand that makes popular jam skates but they are new to the artistic style boot it seems so they may have kinks to work out there and it was tempting but I went ahead and ordered these.
View attachment 2458530
Not quite the cute and fun look I was going for. But I think I will try and customize them. Any ideas? I’m thinking of getting a fringe. That would be sexy. Anything else I can do to jazz these up? Anyone have experience with zone skates? I hope they are giving me what I need, despite them looking almost like typical skating rink skates, the black ones would have been better but this store had one in my size available in stock they can ship out today. I think she mentioned the ugly red wheels will be on it so those are def going to be one of the first things to go.

how do you choose wheels and wheel sizes etc? I need indoor and outdoor wheels. Going to get the protector for the toe. Some new strings but what color would pop with the tan suede?

they also offered me some really cute skates that aren’t out yet. Pink passion sure grip I think. They are really cute and the wheels remind me of CA, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to commit to the pink. Bubblegum pink. Now royalty purple, a fun teal or mint, yellow. Ok. But pink, and then no suede, uhhhh. Almost but I will try out the Riediells.
YouTube has some good videos about wheels and changing them out. Hard wheels are better for indoor rinks and soft wheels are better for outdoor surfaces. I’m not sure how to spice up those skates but I think they’re sexy.

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,783 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
my boots should be here tomorrow. I’ve been to anxious to order other things I need like tools and indoor wheels. I’m looking now since I noticed locally we don’t have a skate shop for roller skates although I read a review that said one store may start caring roller skate supplies due to popular demand. So fingers crossed, but I may call some skating rinks and see if they have the tool and maybe I can buy it. Roller rinks are open at weird hours.

nicole91019

The beautiful one.
Reaction score
Reactions
19,592 125 9
Alleybux
my boots should be here tomorrow. I’ve been to anxious to order other things I need like tools and indoor wheels. I’m looking now since I noticed locally we don’t have a skate shop for roller skates although I read a review that said one store may start caring roller skate supplies due to popular demand. So fingers crossed, but I may call some skating rinks and see if they have the tool and maybe I can buy it. Roller rinks are open at weird hours.
I don’t remember the exact names of the tools right now but you can find them on Amazon.

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,783 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
I don’t remember the exact names of the tools right now but you can find them on Amazon.
Allen tool I think or a Y tool. Yes they are on Amazon. But I also need other stuff like toe covers and laces. I wish I had a local shop. I just wanna pick all my stuff up in one place. Wah wah lol.

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,783 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
So my skates came yesterday but I caught a bug or something that had me sleeping it off. I feel a little better today. I don’t know if I will try to use these when I get off or just try this weekend at my moms. They feel so different. I need to loosen my trucks. My skates came with a crab tool but I can’t figure out how to use it for the trucks.

Attachments

• E3A514A7-762B-4007-8AE8-C5F21605BC6A.jpeg
    E3A514A7-762B-4007-8AE8-C5F21605BC6A.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 28

nicole91019

The beautiful one.
Reaction score
Reactions
19,592 125 9
Alleybux
So my skates came yesterday but I caught a bug or something that had me sleeping it off. I feel a little better today. I don’t know if I will try to use these when I get off or just try this weekend at my moms. They feel so different. I need to loosen my trucks. My skates came with a crab tool but I can’t figure out how to use it for the trucks.
Here’s a video

And here’s a Reddit link with someone asking about this
For skate toe covers and laces you can just google that and get them from Amazon, Etsy, or any skate shop. My moxis came with toe covers but I don’t use them.

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,783 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
Here’s a video

And here’s a Reddit link with someone asking about this
For skate toe covers and laces you can just google that and get them from Amazon, Etsy, or any skate shop. My moxis came with toe covers but I don’t use them.

How about I just watched this. Everyone is using that Y tool cause it’s easier than the crab tool I have. I called local skate shop and they may have some coming in tomorrow. I’m going to try the skate rink. I will look on Amazon and Etsy cause I’d rather just order all at one stop, I already hate ordering online.

CuriousSand

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,129 9 7
Alleybux
Just got back into skating after a long 15 year absence this week! I got the Moxi Roller Blades (took about 6 weeks to come in). It was a struggle to get started, but I caught my rhythm towards the end and today's session was a little more fluid.

I would definitely say get padded pants/shorts as well as a helmet, knee pads, etc. I know I look stupid in them, but they saved my behind (literally). I've fallen about 5 times each session (twice on my back) but with these babies I have been able to be fearless.

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,783 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
Man it's been wonderful. I've only been able to skate at a basketball court and outside in the driveway. I just got some indoor wheels so i can practice in the house and work on my stance and posture. I can bubble backwards and do the learner step to backwards skating, I can spin, I can kinda dribble sometimes but working on keeping it flowing with a spin. Dips are hard. Trying to learn Snake walk as I can easily snake my feet and move. I can jump. balance on one leg, etc, etc, lol. I need a bearings press and some oil so I can change my wheels and clean them and I want another color for my outdoor wheels. My boots broke in so easily. I felt like after one skate they were a little more broken in. They fit me so well and I think they are so sexy they look good with all my outfits. I still need so socks and I want some other fashions but I can't wait to dance like the pros after I learn some more things.

One thing when I go practice I do get a little maybe bored but not really. I guess lack of better word, because I don't know what else to do after I do my basic moves I can do. How is everyone else's skating going?

Amazon doesn't seem to have the bones bearing press in stock. I might get the sure grip one but IDK I just want a small tool. I was looking on RSN and they don't have everything I want. I am going to try BB.

Anyone try the powerdyne bearings press that is similar to the bones as in small and travel size? My indoor wheels are purple and so pretty I got some perriwinkle laces. Trying to decide what color outdoor wheels. I like the Atom Pulse blue glitter those are pretty. Coco said those are her favorite outdoor wheels. Or maybe I might get some light up wheels those are pretty.

Last edited:

nicole91019

The beautiful one.
Reaction score
Reactions
19,592 125 9
Alleybux
Man it's been wonderful. I've only been able to skate at a basketball court and outside in the driveway. I just got some indoor wheels so i can practice in the house and work on my stance and posture. I can bubble backwards and do the learner step to backwards skating, I can spin, I can kinda dribble sometimes but working on keeping it flowing with a spin. Dips are hard. Trying to learn Snake walk as I can easily snake my feet and move. I can jump. balance on one leg, etc, etc, lol. I need a bearings press and some oil so I can change my wheels and clean them and I want another color for my outdoor wheels. My boots broke in so easily. I felt like after one skate they were a little more broken in. They fit me so well and I think they are so sexy they look good with all my outfits. I still need so socks and I want some other fashions but I can't wait to dance like the pros after I learn some more things.

One thing when I go practice I do get a little maybe bored but not really. I guess lack of better word, because I don't know what else to do after I do my basic moves I can do. How is everyone else's skating going?

Amazon doesn't seem to have the bones bearing press in stock. I might get the sure grip one but IDK I just want a small tool. I was looking on RSN and they don't have everything I want. I am going to try BB.

Anyone try the powerdyne bearings press that is similar to the bones as in small and travel size? My indoor wheels are purple and so pretty I got some perriwinkle laces. Trying to decide what color outdoor wheels. I like the Atom Pulse blue glitter those are pretty. Coco said those are her favorite outdoor wheels. Or maybe I might get some light up wheels those are pretty.
I don’t have much experience with bearings press so I can’t help with that. I think you should get the atomic pulse wheels, they’re so pretty. I listen to music when I skate, 70s-80s is best. Artists like Zapp & Roger and James Brown have the best music for jam skating. For speed skating I like 80s rock/metal or hip hop/electro. Idk what kind of music you like so that might not be your style but good music always makes time fly! I find that when I listen to music it’s easier to dance or do tricks on the skates.

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,783 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
I don’t have much experience with bearings press so I can’t help with that. I think you should get the atomic pulse wheels, they’re so pretty. I listen to music when I skate, 70s-80s is best. Artists like Zapp & Roger and James Brown have the best music for jam skating. For speed skating I like 80s rock/metal or hip hop/electro. Idk what kind of music you like so that might not be your style but good music always makes time fly! I find that when I listen to music it’s easier to dance or do tricks on the skates.
I like all kinds of music so I have a mix. I get songs I like off Tik tok or IG skate videos, and Skate playlists on Spotify. I skate to old, new, rock, pop, hip hop. Just need to feel the beat. I do notice my moves can flow better when I feel a really good beat, but I'm so clumsy IRL lol. So sometimes I kinda slip, but I hope that goes away. Every day I feel more confident and get better on my skates. Ok those Atom wheels are really pretty!

nicole91019

The beautiful one.
Reaction score
Reactions
19,592 125 9
Alleybux
I like all kinds of music so I have a mix. I get songs I like off Tik tok or IG skate videos, and Skate playlists on Spotify. I skate to old, new, rock, pop, hip hop. Just need to feel the beat. I do notice my moves can flow better when I feel a really good beat, but I'm so clumsy IRL lol. So sometimes I kinda slip, but I hope that goes away. Every day I feel more confident and get better on my skates. Ok those Atom wheels are really pretty!
If you have a skating rink that’s open near you try going there on Sundays and ask one of the advanced skaters to show you a few things. That’s how I learned to backwards skate. Right now I’m trying to slow walk it’s not too hard but I need to practice a little more.

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,783 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
How come there aren't many black people teaching jam skating online/YT? I am tired of looking at bland people teach SOME moves lol. It's boring and they don't got what I'm looking for or the swag I want to have on my skates. Dirty school is really smooth on her skates though she has some skills. Then the videos of the black skating rinks have some basic song looping and I can't finish the videos lol. Grrrr.

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,783 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
If you have a skating rink that’s open near you try going there on Sundays and ask one of the advanced skaters to show you a few things. That’s how I learned to backwards skate. Right now I’m trying to slow walk it’s not too hard but I need to practice a little more.
Yes it looks easy. Looks like a dip and twist of the hips. IDK. I just found video maybe I can watch again. It's diff watching after you've skated, versus watching before you have go back on the skates.

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,783 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
NM just as I thought there isn't a good tutorial of the slow walk. So I gave up on learning that one. Also couldn't find that slow walk song on spotify so I guess it's probably only something skating rinks can get or just the area that guy is from.

nicole91019

The beautiful one.
Reaction score
Reactions
19,592 125 9
Alleybux
NM just as I thought there isn't a good tutorial of the slow walk. So I gave up on learning that one. Also couldn't find that slow walk song on spotify so I guess it's probably only something skating rinks can get or just the area that guy is from.
Our rink always plays it but I don’t really like it. I like to slow walk to “Footsteps In The Dark” by the Isley Brothers or some James Brown.

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,783 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
Our rink always plays it but I don’t really like it. I like to slow walk to “Footsteps In The Dark” by the Isley Brothers or some James Brown.
I love that song I just added that and voyage to Atlantis to my car playlist the other day! I’ll try that song. My back is kinda sore. Not too bad I’ve been stretching but do you stretch? What do you do for your back. I’ve tried the all fours roll back in and out but I need something deeper or something. Stretching my arms up and over isn’t it either.

nicole91019

The beautiful one.
Reaction score
Reactions
19,592 125 9
Alleybux
I love that song I just added that and voyage to Atlantis to my car playlist the other day! I’ll try that song. My back is kinda sore. Not too bad I’ve been stretching but do you stretch? What do you do for your back. I’ve tried the all fours roll back in and out but I need something deeper or something. Stretching my arms up and over isn’t it either.
I don’t stretch but I probably should, every once in a while I’ll do some lunges and bend back and grab my legs, try and go as far as you can this is good for your back. I found a couple videos:

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,783 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
Hmm skate rinks here aren’t answering I wanted to see if they carried tools and etc. well that bearings press cause I don’t wanna wait but online I will order again lol.

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,783 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
I don’t stretch but I probably should, every once in a while I’ll do some lunges and bend back and grab my legs, try and go as far as you can this is good for your back. I found a couple videos:

Roller derby channel has some great stretches and information!

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,783 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
I love my skates so much y’all!!! It rained the other day I think the ground is still wet but kinda dry. Are you just not supposed to skate through puddles and in the rain or would it hurt anything if I got out there and skated today. I need to skate!! My skates are so sexy! I need some skater socks ASAP too. I can’t decided which ones I want and so I always just give up. Many cute ones but I need to stop playing. I’ve scuffed them and got them a little dirty which I’m not happy about but apparently I can try some suede shoe or boot cleaner.
F8ABDB9E-BDC7-430F-81D0-D35BDF8AFE97.jpeg

How often are you supposed to clean your wheels and bearings?

I want another pair of skates and I’ve realized I don’t really like bolt on toe stops I wish I had adjustable so next time I will be more mindful of that. I actually think I wanna try some jam plugs cause I don’t really use my toe stops to stop right now cause I already scuffed my boot doing that so until I get some toe covers I’ll just stop my way which is kinda a T stop which may turn into a 180 spin right now lol.

nicole91019

The beautiful one.
Reaction score
Reactions
19,592 125 9
Alleybux
I love my skates so much y’all!!! It rained the other day I think the ground is still wet but kinda dry. Are you just not supposed to skate through puddles and in the rain or would it hurt anything if I got out there and skated today. I need to skate!! My skates are so sexy! I need some skater socks ASAP too. I can’t decided which ones I want and so I always just give up. Many cute ones but I need to stop playing. I’ve scuffed them and got them a little dirty which I’m not happy about but apparently I can try some suede shoe or boot cleaner. View attachment 2516163

How often are you supposed to clean your wheels and bearings?

I want another pair of skates and I’ve realized I don’t really like bolt on toe stops I wish I had adjustable so next time I will be more mindful of that. I actually think I wanna try some jam plugs cause I don’t really use my toe stops to stop right now cause I already scuffed my boot doing that so until I get some toe covers I’ll just stop my way which is kinda a T stop which may turn into a 180 spin right now lol.
Most people say to clean your bearings at least every 3 months. I like to spin my wheels before I put them on and if they’re spinning slow or the spin isn’t as long, it’s time to clean them.

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,783 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
So moxi has discontinued some colors and have lilac and I think green apple you can preorder. I’m thinking about them. I want to have an indoor skate and an outdoor skate so I don’t have to worry about changing my wheels. It started raining again and I didn’t want to try changing my wheels until I get a bearings press so I don’t damage anything.

They also were in stock in all size on two websites one was derby warehouse I believe. And apparently Moxi and Riedell will be increasing their prices.

smlz50

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,162 315 82
Alleybux
I just started getting back to roller skating and only skated with inlines..I finally decided to get rollers..and got these babies..Just got them today and Im so hype to skate with these..sold out everywhere
View attachment image.jpeg

nicole91019

The beautiful one.
Reaction score
Reactions
19,592 125 9
Alleybux
I just started getting back to roller skating and only skated with inlines..I finally decided to get rollers..and got these babies..Just got them today and Im so hype to skate with these..sold out everywhere
View attachment 2528490
I’m so glad skating has experience a resurgence. I was scared it was becoming a lost art among most people. Well when you get to skate in them, tell us how they roll.

smlz50

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,162 315 82
Alleybux
I’m so glad skating has experience a resurgence. I was scared it was becoming a lost art among most people. Well when you get to skate in them, tell us how they roll.
Watching the documentary Roller Dreams really brought nostalgia back to me to get back into skating again mostly..I've never really notice skating is getting resurgence...good to know...

nicole91019

The beautiful one.
Reaction score
Reactions
19,592 125 9
Alleybux
Watching the documentary Roller Dreams really brought nostalgia back to me to get back into skating again mostly..I've never really notice skating is getting resurgence...good to know...
Yeah it’s getting very popular again. Multiple articles are being written about it, skaters on Instagram are rising in followers, and theirs actually been a skate shortage from some brands.

Happy skating!

Reaction score
Reactions
5,087 221 64
Alleybux
I had a pair of skates when I was a kid, but I never really learned and they hardly got any use.
Which would be a decent pair for me to learn on in my home? Once I learn, I can then transition to a proper pair.

nicole91019

The beautiful one.
Reaction score
Reactions
19,592 125 9
Alleybux
I had a pair of skates when I was a kid, but I never really learned and they hardly got any use.
Which would be a decent pair for me to learn on in my home? Once I learn, I can then transition to a proper pair.
I don’t really care for this brand but since you’ll probably upgrade pretty quick, look into impala skates. If you want to try moxi, they just came out with a skate that only costs about $99.

Reaction score
Reactions
5,087 221 64
Alleybux
I don’t really care for this brand but since you’ll probably upgrade pretty quick, look into impala skates. If you want to try moxi, they just came out with a skate that only costs about $99.
Thank you. I will check them both out.

Mickey999

Sky gazing
Reaction score
Reactions
946 4 1
Alleybux
I'm a beginner skater and just bought Moxi Beach Bunny skates. They look cute and are comfortable in general, but the hard lip (tongue?) digs into my shins and is so painful! I actually had an indentation in my left shin after practicing with them for half an hour. I know there's a break-in time, but I'm not sure they'll ever soften up enough to not hurt. I've been lacing them up all the way for support. Any advice?

nicole91019

The beautiful one.
Reaction score
Reactions
19,592 125 9
Alleybux
I'm a beginner skater and just bought Moxi Beach Bunny skates. They look cute and are comfortable in general, but the hard lip (tongue?) digs into my shins and is so painful! I actually had an indentation in my left shin after practicing with them for half an hour. I know there's a break-in time, but I'm not sure they'll ever soften up enough to not hurt. I've been lacing them up all the way for support. Any advice?
I have beach bunnies and you need to wear the correct socks, pull up the tongues a little bit, and give it some time so you can break them in.