Quantcast

Beyoncé Sitting In The Caliber Of Legends

Lola Slayona

Therapy Couch Supporter Since My LSA Debut.
Reaction score
Reactions
10,827 37 23
Alleybux
She's also a popular subject with vocal coaches as well.

Last edited:

Yonce PR

Chicks suffering from DC PTSD like it’s 1998
Reaction score
Reactions
196,431 6,203 3,900
Alleybux
364F221E-9523-44E0-A31A-287C8843754D.jpeg

beysvocalcords

Gemini’s Groove
Reaction score
Reactions
78,098 2,189 710
Alleybux
Since you mentioned impact, I would like to highlight how influential Beyoncé’s music including music videos alongside fashion has been. It looks like you have vocals and awards covered.

Architecture
What artist has buildings constructed after them? BEYONCÉ.

“Architecture is always in pursuit of a muse. From water to books, the monuments we build are often inspired by the world around us. And now there's a new building brought to life courtesy of one of the most revered silhouettes on the planet: Beyoncé and her curves. The proposed edifice to global star power is called the Premier Tower and "spiraling curves recall the twists and turns of a woman dancing in black cloth," kind of like Beyonce in the video for Ghost.”

“The complex form – a vertical cantilever – is actually the most effective way to redistribute the building’s mass, giving the best results in terms of structural dispersion, frequency oscillation and wind requirements. Art and science? You betcha.

For those more on the art than science side, we will reveal that the form does pay homage to something more aesthetic – we’re going to trust you’ve seen the music video for Beyoncé’s Ghost.” —Elenberg Fraser, architect
021ed48f827ba8a62ae0603a1b61169a8a8c763ce5bdb39913a20017e1c3.jpg

Beauty and Fashion
Beyoncé made the Moon Print the biggest design of 2020 via Vogue

Many have tweeted that Beyoncé’s Black Is King was the digital fashion event of the summer, upstaging official fashion weeks by aligning garments with history, celebrity, purpose, and unparalleled beauty.

According to Lyst, the global fashion search engine, queries for “Marine Serre crescent moon print” rose 426% in the 48 hours after the film’s release. Searches for Marine Serre in general rose 51% week over week on the platform. Over on Google, searches for “Marine Serre” were their highest of the year so far in the same time period.
Beyonce-Wears-Black-and-White-Printed-Loza-Maleombho-Look-Marine-Serre-Mugler-and-more-for-Black-is-King-Film.jpg

As much as LSA likes to pretend all of DC’s outfits were country and tacky—the unity yet individuality of the garments inspired the wardrobe department of Girlfriends, the tv show.

Girlfriends costume director, Stacy L. Beverley interview with The Neue

TB: The costumes on Girlfriends were cohesive while also reflecting the characters’ individual personalities, similarly to how Tina Knowles styled DC4. How would you describe the style direction behind each character?

SB: It's funny that you mentioned that because it was poignant in the style direction. Mara noticed and asked if I was the one pulling the costumes together. Also, when I did the boards I would include photos of Destiny’s Child.
TCDGIRL_EC002%2520(1).jpg

Destinys-Child-Markus-Klinko.jpg

Bridgerton Hair Designer on Queen Charlotte's Wigs, Daphne's Bangs

"There was a particular look at the time, which was called the Gainsborough look, which was a really sort of wide wig similar to the film The Dutchess with Keira Knightley. She sports this kind of Gainsborough look in that film. And I was looking at some pictures, just going through stuff, and I was like, 'I've decided that I'm going to do that shape, but I'm going to base her on Beyoncé Knowles in Austin Powers.' So I was like, 'She's going to have the biggest 'fro that you've ever seen.'

"So we did it just like Beyoncé's with the sort of lovely coppery gold outside. That wig was literally five wigs sewn together.
bridgertons-queen-charlotte-says-the-huge-afro-wig-she-wore-felt-like-it-was-burning-her-scalp-during-filming.jpg

upload_2021-1-28_21-18-14.jpeg

Beyoncé’s Lemonade was not only a retelling of the pitfalls of her relationship but also a celebration on black womanhood and African American culture. The release of the visual repopularize various hairstyles but mainly the side braids to point where people call them Lemonade braids.
36 Lemonade Braid Pictures To Help You Pick Your Next Style | Un-ruly

“When life gives you lemons, serve lemonade braids.

Lemonade braids, formerly referred to as cornrow braids or side braids, were made famous after our icon and larger-than-life queen Beyonce wore them in her 2016 citrusy-titled visual album, Lemonade. The album—basically, a love letter to black women—had nearly a dozen visual award nominations (although, she was snubbed the Best Album Grammy), and led an entire movement around her black hairstyles featured in the video.

She rocked lemonade braids during her song, “Formation,” and during her 2017 tour of the same name. They have been a trendy black hair staple ever since!”

upload_2021-1-28_21-35-58.jpeg

upload_2021-1-28_21-36-26.jpeg

Broadway
Plenty of artist have mentioned that Beyoncé inspires them and that they admire her. But Hamilton playwright Lin Manuel Miranda took it a step further.

All the Hip-Hop References in Hamilton: A Track-by-Track Guide

Helpless”

This is the musical’s big R&B love song, and it draws inspiration from a few different R&B classics. Foremost is Beyoncé’s “Countdown,” which seems to have inspired many of the song’s half-rapped, half-sung cadences. (For example, listen to the way Eliza Schuyler ends two lines by emphasizing the words “stressin’” and “blessin’,” which sounds almost exactly like the way Beyoncé stresses the words “lip lockin’” and “keep flockin’.” Similarly, the way Eliza says “grind to the rhythm/ as we wine and dine,” emphasizing the internal rhyme, is reminiscent of the same way Beyoncé sings “grind up on it, girl, show ’em how you ride it.”) Eliza also uses counting (“one week later /… two weeks later …”) and repeatedly emphasizes how she is “down for the count.” Sure enough, Miranda included “Countdown” on his playlist of songs that inspired Hamilton

Yonce PR

Reaction score
Reactions
196,431 6,203 3,900
Alleybux
Since you mentioned impact, I would like to highlight how influential Beyoncé’s music including music videos alongside fashion has been. It looks like you have vocals and awards covered.

Architecture
What artist has buildings constructed after them? BEYONCÉ.

“Architecture is always in pursuit of a muse. From water to books, the monuments we build are often inspired by the world around us. And now there's a new building brought to life courtesy of one of the most revered silhouettes on the planet: Beyoncé and her curves. The proposed edifice to global star power is called the Premier Tower and "spiraling curves recall the twists and turns of a woman dancing in black cloth," kind of like Beyonce in the video for Ghost.”

“The complex form – a vertical cantilever – is actually the most effective way to redistribute the building’s mass, giving the best results in terms of structural dispersion, frequency oscillation and wind requirements. Art and science? You betcha.

For those more on the art than science side, we will reveal that the form does pay homage to something more aesthetic – we’re going to trust you’ve seen the music video for Beyoncé’s Ghost.” —Elenberg Fraser, architect
021ed48f827ba8a62ae0603a1b61169a8a8c763ce5bdb39913a20017e1c3.jpg

Beauty and Fashion
Beyoncé made the Moon Print the biggest design of 2020 via Vogue

Many have tweeted that Beyoncé’s Black Is King was the digital fashion event of the summer, upstaging official fashion weeks by aligning garments with history, celebrity, purpose, and unparalleled beauty.

According to Lyst, the global fashion search engine, queries for “Marine Serre crescent moon print” rose 426% in the 48 hours after the film’s release. Searches for Marine Serre in general rose 51% week over week on the platform. Over on Google, searches for “Marine Serre” were their highest of the year so far in the same time period.
Beyonce-Wears-Black-and-White-Printed-Loza-Maleombho-Look-Marine-Serre-Mugler-and-more-for-Black-is-King-Film.jpg

As much as LSA likes to pretend all of DC’s outfits were country and tacky—the unity yet individuality of the garments inspired the wardrobe department of Girlfriends, the tv show.

Girlfriends costume director, Stacy L. Beverley interview with The Neue

TB: The costumes on Girlfriends were cohesive while also reflecting the characters’ individual personalities, similarly to how Tina Knowles styled DC4. How would you describe the style direction behind each character?

SB: It's funny that you mentioned that because it was poignant in the style direction. Mara noticed and asked if I was the one pulling the costumes together. Also, when I did the boards I would include photos of Destiny’s Child.
TCDGIRL_EC002%2520(1).jpg

Destinys-Child-Markus-Klinko.jpg

Bridgerton Hair Designer on Queen Charlotte's Wigs, Daphne's Bangs

"There was a particular look at the time, which was called the Gainsborough look, which was a really sort of wide wig similar to the film The Dutchess with Keira Knightley. She sports this kind of Gainsborough look in that film. And I was looking at some pictures, just going through stuff, and I was like, 'I've decided that I'm going to do that shape, but I'm going to base her on Beyoncé Knowles in Austin Powers.' So I was like, 'She's going to have the biggest 'fro that you've ever seen.'

"So we did it just like Beyoncé's with the sort of lovely coppery gold outside. That wig was literally five wigs sewn together.
bridgertons-queen-charlotte-says-the-huge-afro-wig-she-wore-felt-like-it-was-burning-her-scalp-during-filming.jpg

View attachment 2276891

Beyoncé’s Lemonade was not only a retelling of the pitfalls of her relationship but also a celebration on black womanhood and African American culture. The release of the visual repopularize various hairstyles but mainly the side braids to point where people call them Lemonade braids.
36 Lemonade Braid Pictures To Help You Pick Your Next Style | Un-ruly

“When life gives you lemons, serve lemonade braids.

Lemonade braids, formerly referred to as cornrow braids or side braids, were made famous after our icon and larger-than-life queen Beyonce wore them in her 2016 citrusy-titled visual album, Lemonade. The album—basically, a love letter to black women—had nearly a dozen visual award nominations (although, she was snubbed the Best Album Grammy), and led an entire movement around her black hairstyles featured in the video.

She rocked lemonade braids during her song, “Formation,” and during her 2017 tour of the same name. They have been a trendy black hair staple ever since!”

View attachment 2276941
View attachment 2276942

Broadway
Plenty of artist have mentioned that Beyoncé inspires them and that they admire her. But Hamilton playwright Lin Manuel Miranda took it a step further.

All the Hip-Hop References in Hamilton: A Track-by-Track Guide

Helpless”

This is the musical’s big R&B love song, and it draws inspiration from a few different R&B classics. Foremost is Beyoncé’s “Countdown,” which seems to have inspired many of the song’s half-rapped, half-sung cadences. (For example, listen to the way Eliza Schuyler ends two lines by emphasizing the words “stressin’” and “blessin’,” which sounds almost exactly like the way Beyoncé stresses the words “lip lockin’” and “keep flockin’.” Similarly, the way Eliza says “grind to the rhythm/ as we wine and dine,” emphasizing the internal rhyme, is reminiscent of the same way Beyoncé sings “grind up on it, girl, show ’em how you ride it.”) Eliza also uses counting (“one week later /… two weeks later …”) and repeatedly emphasizes how she is “down for the count.” Sure enough, Miranda included “Countdown” on his playlist of songs that inspired Hamilton

Thank you for contributing this amazing research to the thread.

Chynna

Keep That Vigor
Reaction score
Reactions
38,926 688 351
Alleybux
Bey is a star rated vocalist just like Whitney. You may not like her tone of voice as much but her actual vocal technique is top tier so to say she isn’t anywhere near Whitney is just false. That doesn’t take away from Whitney at all.

I agree. Beyonce has top level vocal ability. But Whitney was and remains in a class by herself imo.

Yonce PR

Reaction score
Reactions
196,431 6,203 3,900
Alleybux
Not sure if credit belongs to Beyoncé on this one or Ms Tina, but Winx was inspired by Destiny’s Child outfits in Bills,Bills, Bills. I can’t find any print of the creators confirming though.

7705E1C9-82A7-40B8-B7ED-735EB044D579.jpeg
9705E35C-9B31-46BD-A69F-3601CF266CE1.jpeg
61AD31C8-4628-4EEC-A126-D48D472B110A.jpeg
3d3d7ae365b39e86482bf7c5c38e5b75--winx-club-trix.jpg
D8D5B284-207C-4333-978E-2BF4ED7E6E9A.jpeg
F1EC25F4-E39F-49FD-B0FE-84E2560CE23F.jpeg

Last edited:

Rere84

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
580,927 19,669 2,219
Alleybux
So where does Bey get her music talents from?? I'm ashamed to admit after following her all these years I don't know the answer

Yonce PR

Reaction score
Reactions
196,431 6,203 3,900
Alleybux
So where does Bey get her music talents from?? I'm ashamed to admit after following her all these years I don't know the answer
She’s never spoken on anybody in her family having musical talent. If she did I don’t know about it.

Beyoncé believes that her talent and charmed life is the result of her great-grandmothers and grand mother’s constant prayers and staying in the church.

Divakim89

Pretty On Fleek
Reaction score
Reactions
128,769 7,945 8,863
Alleybux
All my pettiness aside. I applaud her for all she's done and she is an amazing entertainer but I don't think any of her albums or songs really stand out or has stood the test of time imo. Yes she has had some fire singles but they have burned out over the years. Like I can't name one song that I would play now and get the same feeling I've felt like I do a number of Whitney songs, and even Mariah's.(and I'm not even from that decade)

Where is her "I will always love you " and Emotions"? After her first few albums (which I loved, she seem to have played into what the mainstream wanted and watered down her style a little to appease the masses. Also started chasing the clout of her infidelity in her marriage etc.

Tworoads4

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,249 37 67
Alleybux
She’s never spoken on anybody in her family having musical talent. If she did I don’t know about it.

Beyoncé believes that her talent and charmed life is the result of her great-grandmothers and grand mother’s constant prayers and staying in the church.

yea in the Catholic Church. I wouldn’t call those prayers lol rosaries or rosary is what she’s talking about. Our state is like number one in the Catholic faith.

Yonce PR

Reaction score
Reactions
196,431 6,203 3,900
Alleybux
yea in the Catholic Church. I wouldn’t call those prayers lol rosaries or rosary is what she’s talking about. Our state is like number one in the Catholic faith.
I’m not familiar with the difference. In the video she lit a candle at the furs alter prayed and blew it out. That qualifies as rosary?

Tworoads4

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,249 37 67
Alleybux
I’m not familiar with the difference. In the video she lit a candle at the furs alter prayed and blew it out. That qualifies as rosary?

So from what you’ve described I can tell you if you answer me this did she have a bead or a necklace of sorts in her hand while praying ?

Yonce PR

Reaction score
Reactions
196,431 6,203 3,900
Alleybux
So from what you’ve described I can tell you if you answer me this did she have a bead or a necklace of sorts in her hand while praying ?
Not from what I remember. But if she did that would make it rosaries? And are they not essentially meant to do the same thing which is give blessings?

Tworoads4

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,249 37 67
Alleybux
Not from what I remember. But if she did that would make it rosaries? And are they not essentially meant to do the same thing which is give blessings?

So like rosaries are already pre established for example it’s like not from the heart and you saying what you have to say to God. So in your hand you have the necklace with the Jesus cross and beads that make up the necklace each bead is a prayer. The rosary is arranged in what they call like a decade because it Supposed to represent biblical time periods. So like the individual beads you pray the our father prayer the consecutive beads are multiple Hail Marys. To Catholics it’s strictly for that purpose they don’t really pray to God as much that’s what the priest is for. So like if you cheat on your husband the priest will say something like do 10 Hail Marys to cure your sin. It goes back to the necklace which doesn’t capture the Hebrew faith at all, the Catholics have it all wrong according to actual scripture which is why my people decided to leave the religion and enter in to faith.

Yonce PR

Reaction score
Reactions
196,431 6,203 3,900
Alleybux
So like rosaries are already pre established for example it’s like not from the heart and you saying what you have to say to God. So in your hand you have the necklace with the Jesus cross and beads that make up the necklace each bead is a prayer. The rosary is arranged in what they call like a decade because it Supposed to represent biblical time periods. So like the individual beads you pray the our father prayer the consecutive beads are multiple Hail Marys. To Catholics it’s strictly for that purpose they don’t really pray to God as much that’s what the priest is for. So like if you cheat on your husband the priest will say something like do 10 Hail Marys to cure your sin. It goes back to the necklace which doesn’t capture the Hebrew faith at all, the Catholics have it all wrong according to actual scripture which is why my people decided to leave the religion and enter in to faith.
Hmm, this gave me answers but more questions too. All I know is she believes her life is a result of her family’s strong faith.

Curtprice75

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,803 262 190
Alleybux

Dave Pensado, a mix engineer on a lot of DC and Beyonce records, said that Mathew is/was a good singer and also, Tina Knowles was part of vocal trio, trying to make it into the industry but life happened so they didn't make it. So both her mom and dad can sing.