Not open for further replies.

THE Mrs. Fisher

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
376 1 6
Alleybux
Luv, I read your post in the other thread and I didn't say anything because I'm not involved in any of that. I can see that you've all been going back and forth and some may think it's all in fun, but there isn't anything funny about mocking God. Jesus died on the cross so that we could have life; not to be used in a manner like that. You may not think you're doing that, but you're using God as a means to make fun of Pro and that's not cool.

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not MOCKED: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

The definition of MOCKED is: to make mouths at, i.e. ridicule; to treat with contempt.

Had this stayed in the other thread, of which I am not a part of, I probably wouldn't have said anything.

THE Mrs. Fisher

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
376 1 6
Alleybux
I just saw that you edited your post. I wasn't trying to insinuate that you are ignorant, but a lot of times we (me included) don't know the true meaning of certain words that we use. A lot of people may think that "mocking" is just when you mimic someone, but that's not the case. I like to give the definition of words I use in the context of scripture so whoever reads it knows where I'm coming from.

I'm not familiar with the posts where Pro compared herself to Jesus - I knew nothing about that. To answer your question, yes, I have talked to her about certain things she's said and done, more than once. I don't agree with everything; some of the threads I've seen I just sit and shake my head. I don't read all the threads on here, just a few. As I said, had the post not been made in the Bible Study thread I probably wouldn't have said anything.

All I'm asking is just to just think about it. You know I don't have any problems with you.

P.S. I appreciate you responding in a respectful manner and not coming at me sideways.

Sexy6

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
123 1
Alleybux
Today's Scripture

"Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession." (Exodus 19:5)

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria

The Bible says that we are a "treasure in earthen vessels." Each one of us has great riches inside. God has placed that treasure there, filling us with wonderful gifts and talents that can be used for His purposes. But these assets are worthless as long as they remain hidden away.

God has uniquely gifted you to do something on this earth that no one else can accomplish. Don't let fear and adversity keep you from using your wealth of talents and abilities to make a difference in the lives of those around you. You should use your gifts to enrich the lives of others every day. Share your gifts with those you love. Use your God-given talents to create a legacy of faith and optimism that will bless your family for generations to come.

The enemy wants to steal your treasure by convincing you to keep it locked up inside until the day when it can be buried with you. Don't listen to him! Seize every opportunity to share your unique treasure with the world. Invest wisely. Spend freely. The more you use it, the more it grows. When you do, your life will be a blessing to others and you will live a life of victory, hope, and purpose.

A Prayer for Today

God, You were there before I was even born; it was then that you planted the special talents and gifts I have. Help me recognize my special gifts and find a way to share those every day. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Daily Christian Wisdom

One filled with joy preaches without preaching.

-Mother Teresa​

THE Mrs. Fisher

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
376 1 6
Alleybux
Sexy6 said:
Today's Scripture

"Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession." (Exodus 19:5)

The Bible says that we are a "treasure in earthen vessels." Each one of us has great riches inside. God has placed that treasure there, filling us with wonderful gifts and talents that can be used for His purposes. But these assets are worthless as long as they remain hidden away.

God has uniquely gifted you to do something on this earth that no one else can accomplish. Don't let fear and adversity keep you from using your wealth of talents and abilities to make a difference in the lives of those around you. You should use your gifts to enrich the lives of others every day. Share your gifts with those you love. Use your God-given talents to create a legacy of faith and optimism that will bless your family for generations to come.

The enemy wants to steal your treasure by convincing you to keep it locked up inside until the day when it can be buried with you. Don't listen to him! Seize every opportunity to share your unique treasure with the world. Invest wisely. Spend freely. The more you use it, the more it grows. When you do, your life will be a blessing to others and you will live a life of victory, hope, and purpose.

A Prayer for Today

God, You were there before I was even born; it was then that you planted the special talents and gifts I have. Help me recognize my special gifts and find a way to share those every day. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Daily Christian Wisdom

One filled with joy preaches without preaching.

-Mother Teresa​

So true. This fits right in with what we've been covering in the "Arrogant Women" thread. Praise God.

THE Mrs. Fisher

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
376 1 6
Alleybux
I was sitting here thinking about what scripture I should post for today. I've been reading and searching asking God to guide me. I know many times we post encouraging scriptures and that's good - there's nothing wrong with that, but what do we really need? Many people still struggle and can't seem to get out of a "rut". So many people are stuck right there, in that same spot that they've been in for years. Why is that? They go to church, they read scripture, they do everything that they can to "be encouraged" and they are still having a rough time.

I have always said you have to stick to the basics. A person can read scripture and go to church and pray and do all that, but if you do not have your weapons, you will not win this war. For those who don't realize we are in the middle of an all-out spiritual battle, I have news for you: WE ARE! The real war is fought in every household, business, etc. all throughout the world every day. If you are not in "uniform" prepared to fight the devil, you can forget it.

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things

Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Jesus tells us right there that HE gives us the keys to the kingdom of heaven. HE will guide us and show us what we need to do. You have to stay IN God's Word. It is a LIFESTYLE. It is not something you pick up Sunday morning then put back on the shelf for the rest of the week.

2 Corinthians 2:9 For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in ALL THINGS.

Titus 2:7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity, 2:8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

Nobody goes into battle without their armor on. THe Word of God is your sword. That is how you battle satan. When Jesus was being "tempted" by the devil, how did He respond to Him? He used GOD'S WORD:

Matthew 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

4:4 But he answered and said, IT IS WRITTEN, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

How do you respond to the devil? Your opinion, while it may be valuable, means nothing when you are facing satan. If you do not know the Word of God and have not made it your priority to serve God, then how do you expect to be able to fight satan? Many things that people encounter would be removed if the Word of God was more known and used appropriately.

So, we must have on our armor to fight satan. The following verses cover that well:

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

WHY? "THAT YE MAY BE ABLE TO STAND AGAINST THE WILES OF THE DEVIL!"

THE FOLLOWING VERSE IS VERY KEY! FOR EVERYONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE FIGHTING "THE MAN", "RACISM" OR WHATEVER ELSE, READ THIS NEXT VERSE SEVERAL TIMES. ALTHOUGH THE ENEMY MAY MANIFEST HIMSELF THROUGH CERTAIN THINGS, YOU HAVE YOUR FOCUS IN THE WRONG PLACE. HE CAN ONLY USE THEM AGAINST YOU AS LONG AS YOU ALLOW HIM TO. WHY CHANGE UP HIS STRATEGY WHEN HE'S GOT YOU COMPLETELY BOUND?

6:12 For we wrestle NOT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

6:13 Wherefore take unto you the WHOLE (the what?) THE WHOLE armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of FAITH, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. (For without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God - Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.)

6:17 And take the helmet of salvation (Are you saved? Are you sure? It takes more than just believing: James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?) and the sword of the Spirit, WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD,:

6:18 Praying ALWAYS with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication FOR ALL THE SAINTS;

6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth BOLDLY, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Many people know this scripture and can even quote it, however THEY FORGET TO APPLY IT TO THEIR LIFE EACH AND EVERY DAY! THAT IS THE "KEY"!

MyMan83

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
75,116 18 15
Alleybux
>When I say... "I am a Christian"
>I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin'."
>I'm whispering "I was lost,
>Now I'm found and forgiven."
>
>I don't speak of this with pride.
>I'm confessing that I stumble
>and need Christ to be my guide.
>
>I'm not trying to be strong.
>I'm professing that I'm weak
>And need His strength to carry on.
>
>I'm not bragging of success.
>I'm admitting I have failed
>And need God to clean my mess.
>
>I'm not claiming to be perfect,
>My flaws are far too visible
>But, God believes I am worth it.
>
>I still feel the sting of pain.
>I have my share of heartaches
>So I call upon His name.
>
>I'm not holier than thou,
>I'm just a simple sinner
>Who received God's good grace, somehow!

THE Mrs. Fisher

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
376 1 6
Alleybux
Praise God! Humility is a wise trait to have. However, some people mistake that for weakness. We can be humble and strong, courageous and bold at the same time.

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
Smofi said:
I was sitting here thinking about what scripture I should post for today. I've been reading and searching asking God to guide me. I know many times we post encouraging scriptures and that's good - there's nothing wrong with that, but what do we really need? Many people still struggle and can't seem to get out of a "rut". So many people are stuck right there, in that same spot that they've been in for years. Why is that? They go to church, they read scripture, they do everything that they can to "be encouraged" and they are still having a rough time.

I read this the first day I was able to lurk again, it was really encouraging...thanx for holding it down for me and still uplifting us and giving God all the Glory!

THE Mrs. Fisher

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
376 1 6
Alleybux
probowl2006 said:
I read this the first day I was able to lurk again, it was really encouraging...thanx for holding it down for me and still uplifting us and giving God all the Glory!

Praise God. Hey, look at another scripture God just now reminded me of. Here's the situation - God had released Peter from prison (opened the gates and loosed all the chains) and he was in the temple preaching. The high priest, captain of the temple and chief priests went after Peter and them and were going to cause them some problems because they had told them to stop preaching in the Name of Jesus. When they went to go after Peter, a man named Gamaliel who was highly respected, warned them with the following:

Acts 5:38 And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men (Peter and them) and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:

5:39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply (by chance) YE BE FOUND EVEN TO FIGHT AGAINST GOD.

When people try to come against us, they are actually literally coming against God. Not good.

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
Smofi said:
Praise God. Hey, look at another scripture God just now reminded me of. Here's the situation - God had released Peter from prison (opened the gates and loosed all the chains) and he was in the temple preaching. The high priest, captain of the temple and chief priests went after Peter and them and were going to cause them some problems because they had told them to stop preaching in the Name of Jesus. When they went to go after Peter, a man named Gamaliel who was highly respected, warned them with the following:

Acts 5:38 And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men (Peter and them) and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:

5:39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply (by chance) YE BE FOUND EVEN TO FIGHT AGAINST GOD.

When people try to come against us, they are actually literally coming against God. Not good.

I notice that a lot too! I think I read the first part of that story but not the whole book of Acts. And you know the funny thing is in the story of David and Saul, even tho David had the opportunity to kill Saul many times, he respected that God had annointed Saul so he refused to kill him, but Saul in his madness chasing David whose annointing was still active wound up killing himself.

THE Mrs. Fisher

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
376 1 6
Alleybux
Hey Oldhead - that's the way to keep it going. How come you didn't add any scripture? What should we talk about today?

Sexy6

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
123 1
Alleybux
Today's Scripture

"And now these things remain–faith, hope, and love–but the greatest of these is love. Therefore, let love be your greatest aim..." (I Corinthians 13:13-14)

Is love your greatest aim? When you wake up in the morning, do you seek opportunities to show love and prefer others, or do you look for ways that you can get ahead and gain status or position?

When you make love your greatest aim, and seek to serve other people regardless of tangible benefit, you close the door to the enemy's plan for your life and open the door for God's abundant blessings to pour out on you!

Disarm the enemy by choosing to walk in love and peace. Refuse to be jealous or selfish, and at all costs, avoid strife. Meditate on I Corinthians 13 and allow God's word to sink deep into your heart. As you allow God's Word to shape your actions and develop your lifestyle of love, you will discover the champion in You!

A Prayer for Today

God, I have faith in Jesus, confidence in Your plan for my life, and hope for eternity in heaven. But it is love that You value above all else. I am going to show love to those around me every day. I will have the strength to turn the other cheek and avoid strife today. In Jesus' name, Amen.

MsPassionFruit

Any more doubters?
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
MyMan83 said:
Tuesday, April 4
This week's promise: God cares for the persecuted
Have you ever been imprisoned?

Don't forget about those in prison. Suffer with them as though you were there yourself. Share the sorrow of those being mistreated, as though you feel their pain in your own bodies.

Hebrews 13:3 NLT

Tell me how much you know of the suffering of your fellow men, and I will tell you how much you have loved them.

Helmut Thielicke

Solidarity in Suffering

At any given time, many of God's saints are in prison. The prison may be literal, or it may be a product of circumstances. It can be financial debt, a broken relationship, a physical ailment, or any other consuming situation.

A huge problem in the church is when Christians look at their imprisoned brothers and sisters and assume that God has not favored them. Paul probably experienced such a phenomenon. We read his prison epistles and marvel at his suffering for the cause. But many of his contemporaries may not have marveled. They may have seen his trouble as a sign of God's disfavor and wondered why someone with so much potential had fallen to such depths.

God's prisons are full of His loved ones. He uses those experiences mightily, as He did with Paul, Joseph, John the Baptist, John the disciple, and numerous other biblical examples. In fact, many of those whom He used in powerful ways have experienced an imprisonment, captivity, or loneliness ordained directly by Him.

Are you in prison? You are probably not literally behind bars, but your circumstances may make you feel as if you are. Don't despair; it will not last. It is ordained by God and is designed either for your current witness or future usefulness. He is refining you and molding you into His image, the exact likeness of His crucified Son.
Why does it feel like this was posted especially for me? God Bless You, MyMan83. I REALLY needed to read this.

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
oldhead said:
bumping this up for me

Well hey Oldie, I never noticed that you bumped this up. I'm watching this show right now where Gregory Dickow has a guest that is talking about curing diseases and there was a scripture Exodus 15:26 where it says

If thy harken dilligently to the voice of the Lord thy God, and and wilt to do that which is right in His sight, and give ear to his commandments, and keep his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have put on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord that healeth thee.

So what the man was explaining is that by having negative emotions for example...will leave you open for so many ailments, so its important to keep your mind set on God to benefit of the blessings he set before us.

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
Hewbrews 10:35 "Cast not away your Confidence there will be a great reward".

Remember in times of trouble that Jesus died so that you would not bear the condemnation of your sins...so in times of trouble cast your cares on Him for He cares for you! You are not made to handle and deal with stress, fear, and overwhelming circumstances. Seek God's help, because he is more interested in you that what you realize. I hope that everybody needing God's help can reach out to Him or someone that can lead you to HIM. I hope everybody has a great day!

smiley

Starter
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
244 1
Alleybux
I'm so thankful I came to this thread tonight. I truly haven't had the desire to come because of the worldly topics going on. I felt I was to indulged about how other people were living there lives instead of focusing on my own life. Just want to thank all you sis out there encouraging one another.

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
smiley said:
I'm so thankful I came to this thread tonight. I truly haven't had the desire to come because of the worldly topics going on. I felt I was to indulged about how other people were living there lives instead of focusing on my own life. Just want to thank all you sis out there encouraging one another.

I am glad it was helpful to you!

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
Galatians 6:9 & 10

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not.

As we have therefore opportunity let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
I wonder where this will go if I bump it up? Bling!

NaturaleBella

Starter
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I often hear the phrase of be careful for what you pray for because you just may get it. Sometimes I believe that is a true statement but God says that he will not forsake us. So would God give us something that isn't good for us to teach us to be cautious of wht we ask for? Or will he just not give it us. I am confused so I asked a couple of people to see if we are all on the same page.

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
NaturaleBella said:
I often hear the phrase of be careful for what you pray for because you just may get it. Sometimes I believe that is a true statement but God says that he will not forsake us. So would God give us something that isn't good for us to teach us to be cautious of wht we ask for? Or will he just not give it us. I am confused so I asked a couple of people to see if we are all on the same page.

No all gifts from God are perfect and good. If you have something that is a challenge, its not necessarily that it came from God, but what God does is use those occasions to work a perfect work in you. Refer to the book of James for more clarity on this issue, its only like 3.5 pages long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom