Quantcast

Billboard : and the Album of the decade is !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceNelson

Eat your pancakes
Reaction score
Reactions
161,300 17,488 9,412
Alleybux
INVINCIBLE

Invincible Voted As Best Album In 2000's Decade: Billboard Readers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Jackson has just earned an amazing accomplishment. His only album of new material this past decade was just voted as the #1 album of the 2000's. It wasn't even listed on the list of available options (you had to manually type it in). Just shows the power of Jackson's fans all around the world.

In addition to earning the #1 album of the decade, Jackson's THIS IS IT scored the #2 position in the vote for the best album of 2009.

Over 170,000 votes were casted on Billboard.com

Go MJ!

Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com

Link To Invincible:

Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com

Link To THIS IS IT:

smarthigh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,183 4 3
Alleybux
I'm really surprised. I thought it would have gone to Kanye. 808 and Heartbreak and College dropout were good albums having said that, it was a democratic poll and honestly, this wasn't a great decade for music. Who were they going to give it to? Justin Timberlake? For ripping off albums like Invincible? I don't think so. We obviously cannot ignore the fact that he won this because he died, having said that, Invinvible was a solid and great album and was better than 90% of the bµllsh!t released in the past ten years. I got that album when it came out and literally wore it out. Alot of those songs should have been huge hits. It's just sad that it took his death for people to realize how great that album was. It sold 13 million worldwide which is alot more than you can say for most artist today.

COWBOYS

Reaction score
Reactions
145,394 1,733 1,474
Alleybux
Even though I would have probably chosen Confessions or Corinne Bailey rae's album as my favorite from this decade, I will say that Invincible was a lot better than it was reported and it shows Michael revisiting his R&B side which he hasn't done since Off The Wall... I enjoyed most of the songs and it was definitely better than most albums this decade... If this results proves anything than it proves that Michael Jackson fans are out in full force... Lol!!! Gotta love them...

Kelly Bundy

Fck MJ stans
Reaction score
Reactions
5,120 4 6
Alleybux
I think it should have been Confessions or the Emancipation of MiMi. Invincible was MJ's worst album IMO.

Cookie202

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
140,684 2,201 690
Alleybux
The thing about this is that Michael fans posted this on all the MJ message boards all over and they voted, so can't get mad at that since it was up to the readers to choose. MJ's name wasn't even listed in the category's. You had to manually type it in and he ended up getting over 100,000+ votes, so really I don't think it was just because he died because the general public tends to think "Invincible" was his worst. The majority of the people who voted are one's like myself- long time fans. Michael fans came through, bottom line. Maybe other fanbases should have voted more for their fave artists to win.

Anyway, do I think "Invincible" was the best album of the decade? No I do not, but I do think it was a good album with some great songs on it. It has been trashed by the media and those in the public quite unfairly imo. Most outside of MJ's hardcore fanbase haven't really given the album a chance, so I'm actually glad to see it getting som recogintion. Maybe more people will actually give the album a chance now.

GhettoFabulous

Simply Fabulous
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
4,423 6
Alleybux
Give me a break! Only because he died!

ITA - because if peole really loved Michael like they said they did, they would have gone out and bought this fantastic album.

I have it and it's in CONSTANT rotation on my iPod.

PrinceNelson

Eat your pancakes
Reaction score
Reactions
161,300 17,488 9,412
Alleybux
The thing about this is that Michael fans posted this on all the MJ message boards all over and they voted, so can't get mad at that since it was up to the readers to choose. MJ's name wasn't even listed in the category's. You had to manually type it in and he ended up getting over 100,000+ votes, so really I don't think it was just because he died because the general public tends to think "Invincible" was his worst. The majority of the people who voted are one's like myself- long time fans. Michael fans came through, bottom line. Maybe other fanbases should have voted more for their fave artists to win.

Anyway, do I think "Invincible" was the best album of the decade? No I do not, but I do think it was a good album with some great songs on it. It has been trashed by the media and those in the public quite unfairly imo. Most outside of MJ's hardcore fanbase haven't really given the album a chance, so I'm actually glad to see it getting som recogintion. Maybe more people will actually give the album a chance now.

Don't underestimate us MJ fans. I bought Invincible when it first came out, and I loved it, especially "Whatever Happens", "Speechless", "You Rock My World" and "Break of Dawn"

COWBOYS

Reaction score
Reactions
145,394 1,733 1,474
Alleybux
Well I guess we have to also understand that although the album was not promoted nearly as much as others in this decade and it was considered a flop according to the standards set for michael in the industry, the album actually sold over 10 million copies worldwide and that's probably more than most of the other albums we would have thoughT was on the list.

Southern_dva

Doing Me
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
17,736 130 39
Alleybux
Invincible is a great album... I love me some slow song singing Michael... Shoot Break of Dawn... Heaven Can Wait...

shoefreakbaby

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,964 4 5
Alleybux
13 milllion.

Dont see why ppl are getting mad, it was voting and his fans made him when.

Maybe ppl will listen to that album now, it was better than history to me.

Wasnt the best selling album of 2001

Reaction score
Reactions
25,460 10 3
Alleybux
I am a fan of MJ but he only won because he died.

TBH some of his stans are just sad. What do you are anyone else gain from seeing him win random polls. The man is on the other side and couldn't care less what people on earth think about him. His hardcore stans are just sad. I've seen these message boards where they post any random poll such as random irrelevant blogs and ask them to vote for MJ. Who is benefitting from this? The stans who have never met the man.

Im confused....

Cookie202

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
140,684 2,201 690
Alleybux
I think it should have been Confessions or the Emancipation of MiMi. Invincible was MJ's worst album IMO.

Good albums but I don't think either of those were the albums of the decade at all, but that's just my opinion. As far as "Invincible" goes, many people say it's his weakest and they're right I think. It's not MJ's best album, but no where as bad as some like to say. Not even close.

The problem with "Invincible" though is that it was overproduced and had too much filler. Also Michael didn't do as much writing by himself as he usually does. Collaborating is great and some of MJ's gems have been written by others, but for the most part I feel most of MJ's best songs are one's that he's written himself and that album was lacking that to me. He only wrote two songs himself. He seemed to have lost some confidence in his ability if you ask me.

However, the way people like to bash this album is unfair to me. I bet most saying it sucks have only listened to like 30 second samples on itunes or something. Vocally, I believe "Invincible" is MJ's best album along with "Off The Wall". His voice absolutely soared on that album. The ballads especially made this album. Songs like "Butterflies", "Whatever Happens", "You Rock My World" (not a ballad but the perfect lead single), "Break of Dawn", "Heaven Can Wait" and "Don't Walk Away" are brilliant imo and as good as anything Michael has ever done. "Speechless" as well, may be kind sappy or even corny (Which was nothing new for Michael lol), but his voice was so good in that song.

Mike was trying to get back to his urban or r&b roots with this album. That was obvious to me. He had done the pop thing for years and was trying to go back to where it started from and the result was some of his best ballads ever. It's just that there was too much filler as I said, if there were more songs like "Butterflies", "You Rock My World", "Break of Dawn",etc. the album would have been damn near perfect to me. But it's still a good album and it's grown on me over the years. It's really worth listening too if you ask me. The album is definitely a grower.

-Sorry for the essay btw lol. I always tend to write a lot about things i'm passionate about and MJ and his music happens to be one of them. I'm just a big fan of music in general.

:love:MJ

LA FLEUR

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,989 144 126
Alleybux
YES!!
2doqabjpg0457467.gif

ELEKTRA N

I'm Back b!tches
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
40,554 12 8
Alleybux
the fans voted for mj. it is what it is. but don't get mad and say "he just won because he died" just because you're upset that your favorite didn't win.

Animus one

I.<3.U.M
Reaction score
Reactions
8,669 3 3
Alleybux
I am a fan of MJ but he only won because he died.

TBH some of his stans are just sad. What do you are anyone else gain from seeing him win random polls. The man is on the other side and couldn't care less what people on earth think about him. His hardcore stans are just sad. I've seen these message boards where they post any random poll such as random irrelevant blogs and ask them to vote for MJ. Who is benefitting from this? The stans who have never met the man.

Im confused....

Or maybe he's finally getting the appreciation he deserves, that he did'nt really receive when he was here. Micheal's music will live until the end of time, he's still hitting the number 1 slots w/o having a new album or music available before the time of his passing. The music speaks for itself, so I can agree with this poll.

AaliyahHaughton

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux

i know it sounds crude when you read it...but her passion i think is valid...

*its like he wouldnt have received any AMA's this year

*MTV wouldnt have changed their tune about their purposeful humiliation to mike when britney spears presented him with that 'award' and a birthday cake

...and other things...unfortunately, peoples timing can be off...

people voted because he is on everyone's hearts in the music world and you cant help it!

considering the decade isnt over yet...i think a vote for album of the decade is premature...

however...i have always said you cant box mj with everyone else...when you vote...its unfair to put the best in the box those who are still striving to be the best!!!

whatever mj did was on another level so...

mike is over here :smile-big:........................................... everyone else is over here :curl-lip:

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
55,875 446 80
Alleybux
considering the decade isnt over yet...i think a vote for album of the decade is premature...

2000 is considered the beginning of the decade so the decade ends in a few days.

I agree with Stacey Dash. Why do all these things matter, anyway? He's gone and can't enjoy it.

AaliyahHaughton

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
2000 is considered the beginning of the decade so the decade ends in a few days.

I agree with Stacey Dash. Why do all these things matter, anyway? He's gone and can't enjoy it.

im sorry i thought decade meant 10 years....when i add 2000 to 2009 i get 9...so....i dunno...maybe im off...

Monica is releasing her album feb 2010, i would think at the end of 2010 an album of the decade would make more sense...to me at least...again...maybe my math is off....:smile-big:

destinee

AbsoluteHonesty
Reaction score
Reactions
9,355 104 135
Alleybux
i bought invincible the day it came out back in 2001 and again in 2005. i loved that album 'whatever happens' 'butterflies' 'you rock my world' and 'unbreakable' were my fave songs. the album,like all mj albums was incredible. i just hate that he had to die b4 folks realized what a great album it was

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
55,875 446 80
Alleybux
im sorry i thought decade meant 10 years....when i add 2000 to 2009 i get 9...so....i dunno...maybe im off...

Monica is releasing her album feb 2010, i would think at the end of 2010 an album of the decade would make more sense...to me at least...again...maybe my math is off....:smile-big:

Yes, you are off. 2000 to 2009 is 10 years. Let's count. LOL
2000 - 1st year
2001 - 2nd year
2002 - 3rd year
2003 - 4th year
2004 - 5th year
2005 - 6th year
2006 - 7th year
2007 - 8th year
2008 - 9th year
2009 - 10th year

:)

VAMP BITxH

Esta Noche
Reaction score
Reactions
61,538 23 6
Alleybux
It's fµcked up that it takes for this man to die for the world to appreciate his art and what he has given to the world. Congrats Michael.

AaliyahHaughton

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Yes, you are off. 2000 to 2009 is 10 years. Let's count. LOL
2000 - 1st year
2001 - 2nd year
2002 - 3rd year
2003 - 4th year
2004 - 5th year
2005 - 6th year
2006 - 7th year
2007 - 8th year
2008 - 9th year
2009 - 10th year

:)

its debatable because 0 in and of itself represents no time no value...and the numeric system starts with 1 but i get your point with what is being talked about....

Sweetpea.

The Promise
Reaction score
Reactions
35,939 1 1
Alleybux
It's just sad that it took his death for people to realize how great that album was.

Or maybe he's finally getting the appreciation he deserves, that he did'nt really receive when he was here. Micheal's music will live until the end of time

whatever mj did was on another level so...

mike is over here :smile-big:....................................everyone else is over here :curl-lip:

i just hate that he had to die b4 folks realized what a great album it was

It's fµcked up that it takes for this man to die for the world to appreciate his art and what he has given to the world. Congrats Michael.

absolutely agreed!

looks like my votes weren't missed, i didn't even know about it LOL

congratulations to Mikey!

bfksol.jpg

ElaineB

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
20 1
Alleybux
I agree. Mike was the motherfµck!ng man but invincible wasn't even that great and it didnt even do that well compare to other albums of this decade. well, hail the king.

Status
Not open for further replies.