Quantcast

Billie Eilish's says the reaction to vogue cover makes her 'never wants to post' to social media again

pet

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Reactions
51,464 2,344 2,173
Alleybux

Billie Eilish says the reaction to her Vogue cover transformation 'makes me never want to post again'​

Grammy winner Billie Eilish says she never wanted to post on social media again after seeing the reaction to her blonde transformation on the cover of British Vogue. It wasn't because of harsh reactions, necessarily, but rather realizing the amount of people who were paying attention to her.
"I do get excited [by that level of attention]," she told Stephen Colbert during an interview that aired on A Late Show Monday. "I think it more just makes me never want to post again... I feel like I wanted to post more when less people cared, and now that more people care, I don't know. It's scary to me."

Eilish did say the amount of responses she saw was "amazing." The "Bad Guy" singer graced the cover of British Vogue's June cover, sporting a pinup look and blonde hair.

Speaking with the magazine, she anticipated what critics might say about her transformation, since she's been known for wearing baggy clothing.
"'If you're about body positivity, why would you wear a corset? Why wouldn't you show your actual body?' My thing is that I can do whatever I want," she said. "It's all about what makes you feel good. If you want to get surgery, go get surgery. If you want to wear a dress that somebody thinks that you look too big wearing, f--- it — if you feel like you look good, you look good."

"It's been crazy," she tells Colbert. "It's been a very weird, surreal week."

NO REUSE Billie Eilish for June British Vogue NO REUSE
Billie Eilish on the June 2021 cover of 'British Vogue.'

| CREDIT: CRAIG MCDEAN
The Late Show host also asked Eilish if she was wearing a "Billie Eilish wig" when she was last on the show a few months back, noting her black and green hair.

"I was just as blonde then as I am now," she said. "I was wearing a Billie Eilish wig. I was, I was, I was. I have pictures from that day... that I took right before that with fully blonde hair and the exact same outfit."

Jeff Bezos

I’m a lady
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
240,967 6,028 2,399
Alleybux
Well they were terrible photos so...

It's not THAT big of a deal, especially if she was as happy with them as she said. Just come harder next time if it's that important to ya girl.

It wasn't because of harsh reactions, necessarily, but rather realizing the amount of people who were paying attention to her.

"I do get excited [by that level of attention]," she told Stephen Colbert during an interview that aired on A Late Show Monday. "I think it more just makes me never want to post again... I feel like I wanted to post more when less people cared, and now that more people care, I don't know. It's scary to me."
This is a lil odd though. Maybe I'm not fully understanding...

You're a multi-Grammy award-winning artist with an international fanbase. You came out of almost nowhere (for most people), yet shot to the top of every music chart and major award list there is. I'm not trying to be critical or an asshole, I just feel it's a given that "that level of attention" would be there.

The rest of the article/quotes don't make any sense to me. Maybe she was rambling idk.

CatThot

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
80,508 2,789 1,293
Alleybux

Billie Eilish says the reaction to her Vogue cover transformation 'makes me never want to post again'​

Grammy winner Billie Eilish says she never wanted to post on social media again after seeing the reaction to her blonde transformation on the cover of British Vogue. It wasn't because of harsh reactions, necessarily, but rather realizing the amount of people who were paying attention to her.

Eilish did say the amount of responses she saw was "amazing." The "Bad Guy" singer graced the cover of British Vogue's June cover, sporting a pinup look and blonde hair.

Speaking with the magazine, she anticipated what critics might say about her transformation, since she's been known for wearing baggy clothing.
"'If you're about body positivity, why would you wear a corset? Why wouldn't you show your actual body?' My thing is that I can do whatever I want," she said. "It's all about what makes you feel good. If you want to get surgery, go get surgery. If you want to wear a dress that somebody thinks that you look too big wearing, f--- it — if you feel like you look good, you look good."

"It's been crazy," she tells Colbert. "It's been a very weird, surreal week."

NO REUSE Billie Eilish for June British Vogue NO REUSE
Billie Eilish on the June 2021 cover of 'British Vogue.'

| CREDIT: CRAIG MCDEAN
The Late Show host also asked Eilish if she was wearing a "Billie Eilish wig" when she was last on the show a few months back, noting her black and green hair.

"I was just as blonde then as I am now," she said. "I was wearing a Billie Eilish wig. I was, I was, I was. I have pictures from that day... that I took right before that with fully blonde hair and the exact same outfit."
Billie you are lying! You're addicted to the attention and social media

LANEZ

Bougie lil’ bih so you know I got my nose up.
Reaction score
Reactions
144,762 6,578 7,110
Alleybux
I hate the top they put on her, gave her cone boobs like back in the day (I get that’s the look they were going for, old glam) but it’s just not fitting for her aesthetic…she looks super old in these pics.

NoWAP4U

If you quote me quote what TF I actually said
Reaction score
Reactions
88,047 2,217 487
Alleybux
to me I thought she looked cleaner and not on meth. But it’s not award winning so get over yourself

Cakeums

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,426 2,905 1,709
Alleybux
These gen z stars would last three seconds in the britney Christina etc era of hollywood. She’s lucky her whisper singing and connections even got her this far. Nobody told her to take off the baggy clothes or stop the trap gothic cosplay.

coexist

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,365 811 245
Alleybux
What reaction was she expecting? When was the last time Vogue had a male on is covered in their under wear?

Justa

Facsimile of God | Megan Thee Samaritan
Reaction score
Reactions
285,318 4,977 407
Alleybux
the editors like edwin ennifal should've known better than to put a young woman in such get ups and put that out into the world as a fashion editorial. please think twice next time.

billie, i'm sure you'll look back in a decade's time and ask yourself "wth was going on?!"

edgar allan heaux

VENUS RISING
Reaction score
Reactions
45,782 871 321
Alleybux
she needs to make up her mind. 6 months ago she was begging to not be sexualized and then she does a lingerie shoot and does an interview about "reclaiming hoeness". now she's saying she doesn't like being looked at? girl, what the entire fµck.

Holographic

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
115,688 1,710 625
Alleybux
i watched haute le mode's take on this. it fell short and dismissive.

yeah some people were being misogynistic but the two glaring things are this:

1) she is a 19 year old trying to find her femininity through pin up and boudoir photography. that's not revolutionary, and more importantly, it is inappropriate! she is still a child. there were other ways she and the british vogue team could have gone about this.

2) claiming this is the female gaze is so innaccuate. the photographer was male and most of the designers who participated were MEN. just because billie had creative control, it did not take away the patent fact that men were still overwhelmingly present in this shoot. it was their version of womanhood projected on to her through their clothing for her. that is not the female gaze!

the shoot was in poor taste, it was misguided, and it was inappropriately executed. and she's full of sh!t with this response - you are one of the biggest entertainers and you feel some way about all the attention, the same attention you orchestrated to promote your new album?! get thee fµck out, she cannot be this delusional.

she is a lost girl trying to publicly find herself. her parents failed to protect her.

Last edited:

I Bit Bey

touch grass szn
Reaction score
Reactions
91,184 2,660 837
Alleybux
For what it's worth, she looks good. Maybe she was pressured into it. This wasn't her aesthetic before and she's already had mega success without selling xes. She should fire whoever put her up to it.

I do believe all celebs should leave social media. Give us some mystery again. Besides, people are way too entitled and imposing.

roisin

you like 9 to 5, i’m the weekend
Reaction score
Reactions
6,926 151 48
Alleybux
idk this drastic change is kinda weird to me. i understand she feels like she’s “grown” now but she’s diving in the deep end without really thinking about it. if this is how she wants to dress or whatever now then fine but find a balance.

FaithfulMirror

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,315 944 863
Alleybux
Good lord, these responses are like she’s eaten your children. People fail to take into account that when she was wearing those baggy clothes, she was a CHILD. So I don’t blame her for not wanting all the freaks drooling over her as they would have. And she’s right. She can do whatever she wants. I think people’s responses are bizarre, but people have to find their outrage somewhere, somehow. I hope she just enjoys her money and lives her life.

Megatropian

✝ judas kiss me if offensed ✝
Reaction score
Reactions
18,660 1,051 165
Alleybux
I have no idea why celebrities act like they HAVE to use social media.
If it was me I'd hire someone to post for me but make it seem like it's me Posting and never even have these apps downloaded to my phone.

You KNOW how evil people on the Internet can be coz you've seen them attack all the artists that came before you that are prettier than u but still getting called ugly, more talented than u but still getting called trash. Did you think you were special and people would be nice to you?

Just stop posting! It's not a big deal.
Just stop reading comments.
Just hire a SM manager.
Just find something better to do with your time than reading the useless opinions of a bunch of random strangers that don't matter.

If you took those pictures for you and did that interview for your own benefit, why does it matter what reaction or reception it got?

Why do celebrities act like they're so out of control of their own lives? Like they're helpless. You can tell people to stop bullying and insulting you all you want doesn't mean they'll stop so it's up to you now to avoid these people.
JUST. LOG. OFF!!!!!!!!!

missmisha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
170,265 7,763 5,725
Alleybux
Vogue just hasn’t been hitting lately. That shoot didn’t suit her at all.
I could just tell it wasn’t really her and somebody else thought of this whole concept and tried to force it on her.
There was a way they could have executed a grown and sexy shoot for her while still making it suit her personality and style. This just wasn’t it. Very forced.

Easter

Because I Can
Reaction score
Reactions
84,079 2,083 1,476
Alleybux
I must be missing something, because I think she looks good on the cover. Much better than with the two-tone hair and baggy clothes, which always looked so awful to me.

Women are allowed to experiment with their looks. People worried about this are mentally unwell.

Lovehim

Calling it like I see it
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
28,273 5,040 5,753
Alleybux
What reaction was she trying to get lol you got the attention you and your team wanted from the shoot now move on.

Rich Johnson

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,553 1,038 1,829
Alleybux
There was nothing wrong with the shoot at all.

Anyone hating on Billie is an insufferable/jealous douche.

It's pathetic how negative some people are.

Sellmecandy3

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,443 61 73
Alleybux
Lol everybody in this thread mad she didn’t have to build a career off of wearing a leotard and shaking her ass in her fans faces like some of your faves have to.

CuuntyAunty

I can’t teach you my magic…
Reaction score
Reactions
101,275 5,079 2,954
Alleybux
Billie the gworls said it wasn’t giving what it was supposed to and they want you to never post again also.

TGSHeaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,126 2,641 2,419
Alleybux
Idk her but did she always have this body? Her body/ hair looks good. The outfit no. Girl you a celeb! These people talking about your weird arse aren’t. If you’re not ready for the backlash of fame , stay unknown.