wq02pzxnim571.jpg

Shy Vy

Shy
Reaction score
Reactions
81,722 2,681 178
Alleybux
Did they get her results mixed up cuz Im not understanding this

At first glance, I thought she would be Polynesian...I'll put her link in and maybe in the comments she'll break down what her parents are. She got a little bit of everything and everywhere! It's cool she got early Virginia as a community. I'm surprised she didn't get more communities than just that one.

Curtprice75

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,803 262 190
Alleybux
At first glance, I thought she would be Polynesian...I'll put her link in and maybe in the comments she'll break down what her parents are. She got a little bit of everything and everywhere! It's cool she got early Virginia as a community. I'm surprised she didn't get more communities than just that one.

She definitely seems bi-racial. The interesting thing is that she didn't get an European/ European American additional community. We know that additional communities are match dependant so that means it's because she has a lot higher cM(Centimorgans) matching her to those sharing that community. Still shows she's bi-racial especially because of the European populations that she's matching with her ethnicity estimates.

Last edited:

Shy Vy

Shy
Reaction score
Reactions
81,722 2,681 178
Alleybux
She definitely seems bi-racial. The interesting thing is that she didn't get a European additional community. We know that additional communities are match dependant so it's because she has a lot higher cM(Centimorgans) matching her to those sharing that community. Still shows she's bi-racial especially because of the European populations that she's matching with her ethnicity estimates.

You're right, and I am definitely surprised she had only one community so far! But just depends on her matches responses. I do wonder will we get more communities added in the next update? That will be interesting if we do!

Curtprice75

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,803 262 190
Alleybux
You're right, and I am definitely surprised she had only one community so far! But just depends on her matches responses. I do wonder will we get more communities added in the next update? That will be interesting if we do!
We'll see. It depends on how many of us are taking the tests because many some communities can be broken down more precisely.

Then again, give at least one of Communities that I should have like Southwest Ohio African Americans. My late paternal grandmother has over a hundred years of roots in Maysville KY, Mason County and even before they took away the ability to see all our matches'.communities besides what we potentially share, I've not seen any match or even random results with that community. So it must be a small community but I have 2nd and 3rd cousin matches on my late paternal grandmother side so we should all have it. We all have Early Virginia African Americans which makes sense because SW Ohio African Americans is a "migrational community" from Virginia. But as I was saying, give me the Communities that I know I have fairly close matches with and paper trail. I'll settle for that.

Shy Vy

Shy
Reaction score
Reactions
81,722 2,681 178
Alleybux
I still haven't taken any of those tests

It might be a good thing to keep waiting right now because both Ancestry and 23andMe.com tend to do their updates in the fall/winter. Plus with the pandemic, I have heard of it taking longer than normal times to process the results.

Shy Vy

Shy
Reaction score
Reactions
81,722 2,681 178
Alleybux
So most mixed/biracials have a majority white DNA.

Interesting.

I was just thinking about this the other day and it seems true for most black/white biracials and I guess it's because most African Americans are around 15-20% European on average so if you combine that African American parent's European percentage with the White parent's European then that's what tips the scale to the child's majority White percentage so-to-speak.

But for biracials like Blasians (Black/Asian), it may be different.

Curtprice75

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,803 262 190
Alleybux
I was just thinking about this the other day and it seems true for most black/white biracials and I guess it's because most African Americans are around 15-20% European on average so if you combine that African American parent's European percentage with the White parent's European then that's what tips the scale to the child's majority White percentage so-to-speak.

But for biracials like Blasians (Black/Asian), it may be different.
They still would have less SSA DNA%, instead of it being mostly European, it would be Asian.