Not open for further replies.

mystique

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
147 4 2
Alleybux
I am on the shot- which for me works great - cost effective and i have no side effects

what are you on and any side effects- how did you come to choose what you are taking

Myami

Believe Dat Wo!!!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,833 5 8
Alleybux
mystique said:
I am on the shot- which for me works great - cost effective and i have no side effects

what are you on and any side effects- how did you come to choose what you are taking

Ortho Tri-Cyclen....works great for me....been on it since 94....absolutely no side effects

~TG~

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
2,081 3 1
Alleybux
cyclen...been on it since 94...went to tri for a bit...HATED IT...

Myami

Believe Dat Wo!!!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,833 5 8
Alleybux
titangirl#27 said:
cyclen...been on it since 94...went to tri for a bit...HATED IT...

really? there's a chick I went to college w/who took them and grew hair on her chest and chin, and gained a lot of weight. I guess the hormones affect everyone differently. I guess I'm lucky...no adverse side effects....blessed rather.

Shuga

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,179 1
Alleybux
:banana:
mystique said:

Im on nothing.. condoms
I use to be on the shot, and I had a baby so needless to say it did not work for me, also something about those pills make me feel sick I dont know what it is.. so I have been birth control free for 8 yrs now and aint had not a one mishap..I know when all my cycles are occuring, and this works good for me...

~TG~

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
2,081 3 1
Alleybux
myami said:
really? there's a chick I went to college w/who took them and grew hair on her chest and chin, and gained a lot of weight. I guess the hormones affect everyone differently. I guess I'm lucky...no adverse side effects....blessed rather.
I love cyclen...it's my favorite!!I went on tri for 6 months (no rhyme or reason why)...and within that time,I had cramps,my moods would be swinging like Jada and Will on a good weekend...it was ridiculous. I 'm not a moody person, and I would go from happy to crying to snapping in 0-5 seconds. I couldn't take it anymore and went back to cyclen and like magic I felt like myself again. I've never had ANY side effects on cyclen. My period (which I know u wanna know bout :) )is less than three days and LIGHT...no cramps..My friend is on the patch and swears by it....she loves it!

Shuga

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,179 1
Alleybux
LMAO, on your moods swinging like WIll and Jada, you are funny..

Myami

Believe Dat Wo!!!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,833 5 8
Alleybux
titangirl#27 said:
I love cyclen...it's my favorite!!I went on tri for 6 months (no rhyme or reason why)...and within that time,I had cramps,my moods would be swinging like Jada and Will on a good weekend...it was ridiculous. I 'm not a moody person, and I would go from happy to crying to snapping in 0-5 seconds. I couldn't take it anymore and went back to cyclen and like magic I felt like myself again. I've never had ANY side effects on cyclen. My period (which I know u wanna know bout :) )is less than three days and LIGHT...no cramps..My friend is on the patch and swears by it....she loves it!

LMBAO!

TG, you're a trip. I have heard that switching between different ones can affect you. I've never switched. I'm like: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I did stop for a while. My period went from 3 days to 5 and I was like "Dr. Fields, I need you to call Eckerd for me right quick!!"

Supastarr

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
2,107 2 2
Alleybux
I'm on Estrostep - which works great for me. I got on it for cycle issues, where I would skip a month or so, or my cycles were too heavy and it was making me anemic. Estrostep goes in gradual steps, so the first pill of the pack is the lightest and it goes from there, but it's not a strong pill. I tried Alesse and some of the Ortho's and they constantly made me sick. I felt like I had morning sickness all the time. Estrostep is also good for your skin.

~TG~

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
2,081 3 1
Alleybux
myami said:
LMBAO!

TG, you're a trip. I have heard that switching between different ones can affect you. I've never switched. I'm like: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I did stop for a while. My period went from 3 days to 5 and I was like "Dr. Fields, I need you to call Eckerd for me right quick!!"

I don't know why I did...I guess I figured I was changing up my shampoo that month so why not my birth control...who knows what I was thinking...never again...I don't think the people around me could handle it. My poor friends is all I can say. They could say something innocent and I'd just lose my mind on them~then I'd feel so bad about it, I'd be in tears and then 2 seconds later I'd be happy again..They'd all be looking at me like
simpsons_scared.gif

Myami

Believe Dat Wo!!!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,833 5 8
Alleybux
titangirl#27 said:
I don't know why I did...I guess I figured I was changing up my shampoo that month so why not my birth control...who knows what I was thinking...never again...I don't think the people around me could handle it. My poor friends is all I can say. They could say something innocent and I'd just lose my mind on them~then I'd feel so bad about it, I'd be in tears and then 2 seconds later I'd be happy again..They'd all be looking at me like
simpsons_scared.gif

ROFLMBAO

Glad to have you back!!! I mean...we are friends right? LOL

~TG~

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
2,081 3 1
Alleybux
I know 2 people that the shot didn't work for...one who had very negative side effects and had them for 3 months till the shot wore off....and the other...well...she has a 2 year old now.

ChocoTaco

MVP
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
26 4 1
Alleybux
Ortho Tri-cyclen, been on it since 94 - side effects: less cramps, less flow, loss of apetite, clear skin.

Myami

Believe Dat Wo!!!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,833 5 8
Alleybux
titangirl#27 said:
we're friends.

Ahhh, couldn't see anything. Took it as a major diss...thought "there goes her Will and Jada again". LOL

~TG~

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
2,081 3 1
Alleybux
myami said:
Ahhh, couldn't see anything. Took it as a major diss...thought "there goes her Will and Jada again". LOL
hee X3...No, I'm good now.

Myami

Believe Dat Wo!!!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,833 5 8
Alleybux
Leave EnemyMine alone!!!

CamLee

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
32,752 169 32
Alleybux
Ortho Tri-cyclen too, started taking them freshman year of college. Quit for a minute, had a baby...got back on them in 2002 and haven't missed a beat since. They're the best! Choco you're right, appetite will increase...got me thick with it. But overall, I'll never try another brand.

Saucy

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
24,839 1,035 774
Alleybux
mystique said:

You are the only person that I know that doesn't have any side effects from the shot. I've heard so many nightmares about this.

A few months ago, I FINALLY got off of Ortho Tri Cyclen! It was HORRIBLE. I'm now on Yasmin which takes away the 5 pound water weight that you normally gain while on BC pills. No problems here. I also heard Tri Cyclen LOW takes away the depression.

i know 2 people that are using the patch and they love it. I'm afraid of it (fall off) but it works for them.

Myami

Believe Dat Wo!!!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,833 5 8
Alleybux
CamLee said:
Ortho Tri-cyclen too, started taking them freshman year of college. Quit for a minute, had a baby...got back on them in 2002 and haven't missed a beat since. They're the best! Choco you're right, appetite will increase...got me thick with it. But overall, I'll never try another brand.

See, they really affect each person differently. I never gained any weight from them, nor have I noticed a change in my appetite.

~TG~

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
2,081 3 1
Alleybux
myami said:
See, they really affect each person differently. I never gained any weight from them, nor have I noticed a change in my appetite.
me too...

CamLee

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
32,752 169 32
Alleybux
myami said:

True, Saucy said her experience was "horrible". But not for me, no problems at all. Now the patch, I've heard many horror stories.

Myami

Believe Dat Wo!!!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,833 5 8
Alleybux
CamLee said:
True, Saucy said her experience was "horrible". But not for me, no problems at all. Now the patch, I've heard many horror stories.

My cousin has the patch and likes it now. But when she first got it, I remember her saying her whole right side would be in pain. No thanx. My only gripe w/the pill is remembering to take the b!tch!! LOL. I've been pretty good lately though...I keep them by my toothbrush!!

ChocoTaco

MVP
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
26 4 1
Alleybux
myami said:
My cousin has the patch and likes it now. But when she first got it, I remember her saying her whole right side would be in pain. No thanx. My only gripe w/the pill is remembering to take the b!tch!! LOL. I've been pretty good lately though...I keep them by my toothbrush!!

I've actually experience a loss of appetite with Ortho Tri-cyclen. As far as the shot, I gotta be in the ER brought in on a stretcher in order for me to get a shot of ANYTHING! (unless it's alcohol - drinky drinky)

ajeealiya

Starter
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Alleybux
withdrawal and the rythm method

^^^^
Yep me too....works great when you are married and or you can Trust your man, you don't have to worry about STD's. I have tried every kind of Birth Control on the planet and I had really bad side effects so my Husband said enough's enough lets go all natural. I have been doing it for 7 years now and I have one child that was planned.

COCONUT

CoCo
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,328 1 1
Alleybux
I was on ortho tri for a few months my freshmen year. I was on full track scholarship at a school in the south and at the end of my race, I experienced seizure like symptoms! Almost died on the track! Make a long story short, my doctor told me to get off it immediately cause the next time I WILL die! That was the scarriest moment in my life! I'm not on anything now but I may look into something later. Maybe I'm just a little nervous about trying anything again.........

realitycheck

Starter
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I tried every brand you all named and if it didn't give me migraines, I had hunger pains or my breast swoll to a DD, and my a** grew too. The ONLY thing that works for me is the patch. I LOVE IT! NO side effects for me with the exception of mild irration (itching) at the sight of the patch for the first couple of days and then nothing. I lost weight. My period got shorter and best of all I didn't have to remember to take a pill everyday.

futurewifey

MVP
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41 1
Alleybux
I take Yasmin for a totaly non pregnancy related reason, used to be on ortho tri...didnt want to take a pill for fear of weight gain..now it is just celibacy and yasmin....but what I want to know is which BC method promotes weight loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.