Quantcast

Black Alabama woman says she stood her ground against abusive husband — now she’s going to jail

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
658,905 274,412 8,221
Alleybux
Black Alabama woman says she stood her ground against abusive husband — now she’s going to jail

Dixon-2-800x430.png

38-year-old Alabama resident Jacqueline Dixon

A black woman who fatally shot her estranged husband is facing potential murder charges, despite the fact that she claims the shooting was done in self defense.

Alabama.com reports that 38-year-old Jacqueline Dixon killed her estranged husband, a 44-year-old man named Carl Omar Dixon, outside of her home in Selma, Alabama.

Dallas County District Attorney Michael Jackson tells Alabama.com that he believed a fight broke out between the couple earlier this week when Carl Omar Dixon accused his wife of cheating on him — and the fight escalated to the point where Jacqueline shot him with a handgun.

Dixon told police that she shot her husband because he was charging at her aggressively. According to court records, Carl Omar Dixon had a long record of domestic abuse allegations — and Jacqueline successfully obtained a protection from abuse order against her husband in 2016, which also gave her custody of their two children.

To obtain her protection order, Jacqueline testified that her husband had punched her in the face on multiple occasions while also yelling curse words at her.

The state of Alabama has a “stand your ground” law that makes it legal for citizens to use deadly force against an assailant if they have justifiable reason to fear for their lives and they are not the original aggressor.

Despite this, Dixon is facing potential murder charges for killing her husband while being held on $100,000 bail at the Dallas County Jail.

Black Alabama woman says she stood her ground against abusive husband -- now she's going to jail

G I N G E R

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,862 236 218
Alleybux
These laws don't apply to black people. Another white male was acquitted for killing a black man using the same defense. With that being said, its sad the system don't protect abused women. That poor woman.​

cquiller1

Don't F with my title again!
Reaction score
Reactions
143,703 5,862 10,734
Alleybux
This story is sad, but this made me laugh:

Dallas County District Attorney Michael Jackson tells Alabama.com

CharlieGirl17

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
42,906 1,965 1,170
Alleybux
Yes, Alabama will charge you (Black Women) even though they believe it is self defense. A member of my family went through this. The Grand Jury took two years to indict. She plead to a lesser offense --fined.....just to end the legal mess.

WidowFortune

Dark Secret - What no man may see nor woman tell.
Reaction score
Reactions
36,744 5,118 2,519
Alleybux
These laws don't apply to black people. Another white male was acquitted for killing a black man using the same defense. With that being said, its sad the system don't protect abused women. That poor woman.​
Don't discourage black women from getting and carrying (legally) weapons. Black people need to get up to speed on how NOT to get caught up while exercising your 2nd Amendment rights:

1. Don't brandish.
2. Don't escalate.
3. Don't mention the weapon, especially using slang.
4. Call 911 immediately or shout and ask someone to call 911.
5. The weapon should be pulled just before firing.
6. Stop ongoing contact with former domestic partners. The hand off of children needs to occur in neutral, public places.
7. Get concealed carry legal defense insurance.
8. Do not fire warning shots.
9. Go to a gun range. You can be charged for the results of a bad but otherwise legal shot rendered in self defense.
10. If you end up shooting someone, tell police that you are going to make a statement only after you speak to an attorney, which should be within 24 hours. Shooting someone is expensive. You absolutely should contact an attorney and absolutely NOT speak to police other than "I feared for my life and I do want to speak to an attorney."

Last edited:

SellingOutSouls

24KCoughDrop
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
251,721 6,530 2,165
Alleybux

Dallas County District Attorney Michael Jackson tells Alabama.com that he believed a fight broke out between the couple earlier this week when Carl Omar Dixon accused his wife of cheating on him — and the fight escalated to the point where Jacqueline shot him with a handgun.

giphy.gif

So Michael is really alive. He traded the stage for a courtroom! #BeLIEve

IMMACOW

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,019 1,769 695
Alleybux
Don't discourage black women from getting and carrying (legally) weapons. Black people need to get up to speed on how NOT to get caught up while exercising your 2nd Amendment rights:

1. Don't brandish.
2. Don't escalate.
3. Don't mention the weapon, especially using slang.
4. Call 911 immediately or shout and ask someone to call 911.
5. The weapon should be pulled just before firing.
6. Stop ongoing contact with former domestic partners. The hand off of children needs to occur in neutral, public places.
7. Get concealed carry legal defense insurance.
8. If you end up shooting someone, tell police that you are going to make a statement only after you speak to an attorney, which should be within 24 hours. Shooting someone is expensive. You absolutely should contact an attorney and absolutely NOT speak to police other than "I feared for my life and I do want to speak to an attorney."

This!

curiousfind

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,937 1,265 484
Alleybux
A yt woman just went to jail also this week for shooting her husband for watching pδrn in their garage. She lit his ass up unapologetically.

I am like damn he was out of sight apparently not out of mind. His addiction probably interfered with the finances and it became a gots to go issue.