Quantcast

Black America healed America through Great Migration and the Jazz Age

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,605 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Don't let anyone tell you any different, this is the hard cold stern truth African Americans are the true unsung founding fathers of America. African Americans are the ones who truly rule America not through money but spiritually. African Americans have always been the ones who were the moral and spiritual base of America. Know how important you are, understand your rich culture and your history. You history did not start in 1965 and young African Americans we must remember the core of our culture. Our culture is not ratchet and our culture is not downtrodden reality tv trash, our culture is rooted being close to the creator and our culture has uplifted people, brought forth happiness, joy and mental well being for ourselves. Please remember our true African American culture.

1617590269762.png

1617590316831.png

It was over 100 years where a mass majority of black folks from the South migrated to more industrial cities in the North and midwest and lead a culture renaissiance for the world after World War I. It was our culture that healed the world after World War I where there was mass war, casulaty and the puritanical traditional norms of Edwardian society was breaking. If freedom was the mindset of the Roaring Twenties, then jazz was the soundtrack. The Jazz Age was a cultural period and movement that took place in America during the 1920s from which both new styles of music and dance emerged. Largely credited to African Americans employing new musical techniques along with traditional African traditions, jazz soon expanded to America’s white middle class.

White folks at the time were fed up with the white establishment wanted to break free, loose and live their lives to the fullest and with that mindset brought forth economic renaissance.

1618795117063.png

Jazz was the right antidote to people's problems, it was free, unapologetic and liberating. Jazz culture was also liberating for black people escaping the Jim Crow south and living their lives to the fullest up North, here we saw an increase of entreprenurial/creative spirit from the black community. Black communities congreagated and created more businesses than ever before.
1618795252212.png

By 1920, there were tens of thousands of black businesses. The largest were insurance companies. The League had grown so large that it supported numerous offshoots, including the National Negro Bankers Association, the National Negro Press Association, the National Association of Negro Funeral Directors, the National Negro Bar Association, the National Association of Negro Insurance Men, the National Negro Retail Merchants' Association, the National Association of Negro Real Estate Dealers, and the National Negro Finance Corporation.According to the National Negro Business League, the number black-owned businesses doubled from 20,000 and 40,000 in 1914. There were 450 undertakers and, rising to 1000. Drugstores rose from 250 to 695.

1618795283097.png

The Jazz Age transformed America into a more rich cultural society, the greatest exporter from America is and has been Jazz music. The greatest changes within the Jazz Age.As the 1920s progressed, jazz rose in popularity and helped to generate a cultural shift. Because of its popularity in speakeasies, illegal nightclubs where alcohol was sold during Prohibition, and its proliferation due to the emergence of more advanced recording devices, jazz became very popular in a short amount of time, with stars including Duke Ellington, Cab Calloway, and Chick Webb. Several famous entertainment venues such as the Apollo Theater and the Cotton Club came to epitomize the Jazz Age.

Dances such as the Charleston, developed by African Americans, instantly became popular among different demographics, including among young white people. With the introduction of large-scale radio broadcasts in 1922, Americans were able to experience different styles of music without physically visiting a jazz club. Through its broadcasts and concerts, the radio provided Americans with a trendy new avenue for exploring unfamiliar cultural experiences from the comfort of their living rooms. The most popular type of radio show was a “potter palm,” an amateur concert and big-band jazz performance broadcast from New York and Chicago.

S O S Y E

Quote me if you want to, I promise you Ioncurr
Reaction score
Reactions
299,792 6,708 1,091
Alleybux
And that’s that on that. Anybody who says otherwise is a fool, a liar, or a lyin ass fool.

Thanks OP!

1010winns

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
163,048 8,815 2,741
Alleybux
I Love reminders. We truly are the spiritual architects of this country and with all that’s been done to us as a whole these past few years-consistently, it’s no wonder this place is falling to sh!t

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,605 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
HEALED America through the Great Migration?

Some would argue that the Great Migration incited a violent crimewave in American cities that lasted like 60 years....

Also: Was the Charleston really developed by African Americans per se?

Prohibition lead to increase of violence as it created mobs/gangsters who made money profiting off of alcohol. Immigrants coming to America by the day, bootlegging was a lucrative way to make money. It was cause of Prohobition it was used as an agenda to create the FBI and launch the "War on Crime". Violence in 1920's coinsided with drugs/alcohol which empowered gangs.

However the 1920's was considered the greatest economic renaissance for America. There was no federal income taxes so people were making money left and right and that money came to their homes. When it comes to African Americans, it was a good time in terms of creating businesses up North.

Yes, African Americans created the Charletson.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,605 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
I Love reminders. We truly are the spiritual architects of this country and with all that’s been done to us as a whole these past few years-consistently, it’s no wonder this place is falling to sh!t

The elites know this Hilary Clinton said in an speech at a church that "Black Americans are the spiritual fabric of America and that Black Americans hold America together.

Ann Coulter in her book "Aidos America" admitted that Black Americans are the true architects of America and that American culture is owed to them and they basically run the country.

Greenskye

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,533 2,071 846
Alleybux
The only real culture America has is African American culture. Every other ethnicity in America, brought their culture from their native country.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,605 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
Yeah, but the crimewave that resulted from Prohibition didn't last until the 1960s. And it wasn't Jewish and Italian mobsters raping and mugging people in New York streets.

The Charleston came from Africa.

History repeats itself more immigration creates more crime and more immigration opens more drug businesses. Look at what is happening now with the border, it is no coincidence immigrants especially low skilled ones are the easiest in partaking in crime, gangs and illegal activity. We are seeing more lucrative demand for drugs since Prohibition, the reason is drugs are in high demand. The regulation of opiods/painkillers made people graduate to more street drugs like heroin.

StrangeXdefault

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
493,707 16,740 4,402
Alleybux
Don't let anyone tell you any different, this is the hard cold stern truth African Americans are the true unsung founding fathers of America. African Americans are the ones who truly rule America not through money but spiritually. African Americans have always been the ones who were the moral and spiritual base of America. Know how important you are, understand your rich culture and your history. You history did not start in 1965 and young African Americans we must remember the core of our culture. Our culture is not ratchet and our culture is not downtrodden reality tv trash, our culture is rooted being close to the creator and our culture has uplifted people, brought forth happiness, joy and mental well being for ourselves. Please remember our true African American culture.

That Sri Lankan guy who talks sh!t about America said this in one of his videos

Wish I remembered his Youtube name. But no lies told

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,605 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
I'm not trolling. I'm talking about the reality that there was a massive rise in violent urban crime from the 1940s that lasted decades, until it started subsiding in the 1990s. And I read a book the other day (well... didn't fully read it, skimmed it) that tied this crime wave to the Great Migration.

As much as I hate to admit it, the book made a strong case that has filled me with great gloom. I can't stop thinking about it. And I'm hoping someone can prove to me that the book is wrong, but y'all ain't doing a very good job of that, just trying to deny that the crime wave happened at all.

Crime did happen but not in the same levels at it is today within the black community. There is a bias with everything that involves race and crime. It has been debunked that African Americans have been used and punished more in the justice system then their white counterparts even for a misdemeanor.Whites committ more crime but get less harsher sentences under the law.

The justice system is rigged. The only way crime is proven is through evidence, video, witness, testimony, snitching and DNA.

Also there was rampant prejudice so black men are used as scapegoats, white women lied a lot about black men raping her even though there was no evidence. Race riots were provoked by whites to intimidate black people out of employment.

At that time it was mobs/gangsters who pushed the drugs and the violence. Remember black people don't create, distributed drugs at the time, they were used. African Americans did not start partaking in crime until the Italian mobs got big, some were recruited and black gangs were formed to protect their neighborhoods from other mobs and gangs. You did have your mentally ill African Americans who committed crime but in lower numbers and also some of them were instiutionalized.

Today you don't have mass instiutions.

Crime/mobs/drugs/violence is a deadly cyclic circle all groups committed the same atrocities of violence, African Americans did not start committing more crimes with each other until the late 60's and 70's with the drug epidemic. Black men were depressed out of their homes due to welfare state and child support was used to try to push black men in jail. I knew people who went through that and it was a terrible time for black men in the late 70's in terms of childr support.

The 70's drug epidemic was done intentionally to weakne then black community from being self sufficient due to Black Panther Party movement . It has been a deadly cycle since then.

Crime in black community coinsides with drugs, gang warfare, poverty and also gangs controlling the communities.

Middle class African American communities have little to no crime in their neighborhoods so it is more a society/class/poverty issue that impacts lower income black communities.

We live in a glorified drug culture which will get worse with more drugs coming through the border and with more Latino gangs. Pretty soon Latinos will outnumber black people in jail. Latino gangs will get bigger they all over the major cities and some are coming into smaller cities.

Last edited:

sade

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
144,657 7,683 10,557
Alleybux
No, I mean the rampant rapes, robberies and murders in American cities, particularly in areas with a high African American concentration.

In other words your pretending to ignore daily violence that lasted 100 years under Jim Crow? Where no arrest were made and therefore no convictions. Don’t think Black Americans were cutting people penises off and keeping it as souvenirs. Which was the daily violence acts carried out by the immigrants you claimed weren’t engaging in crime.

Then again that type of barbarism maybe culturally normal to you which is why it’s not a big deal. Europeans & Africans have a history of it, American Blacks do not. So I see why you over looked it

PlumpRump

Sacred.
Reaction score
Reactions
53,660 2,476 2,371
Alleybux
HEALED America through the Great Migration?

Some would argue that the Great Migration incited a violent crimewave in American cities that lasted like 60 years....

Also: Was the Charleston really developed by African Americans per se?
nah.. i think you have them confused with the italians and irish....even the jewish had mafias -- made their money during prohibition era and serving other vices - drugs, brothels, committing robberies etc

frank sinatra, bing crosby, dean martin, etc all had mob ties. the mob was all in hollywood, las vegas, and of course nyc.

Last edited:

sade

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
144,657 7,683 10,557
Alleybux
Oh please. Jim Crow was not in effect in northern cities and yet black crime was raging like crazy in those same northern cities.

Find another excuse.

Again my point went over your head. Plenty of crime going on, you just are choosing to ignore the rampant violence in the south which u seem to not have a problem with. Either way focus on the fixing the dysfunctional on your native culture and leave Black Americans alone to celebrate the strength, endurance and resolve of the great migration

THA RAQ

It's Ugly Here!
Reaction score
Reactions
189,107 4,340 1,314
Alleybux
Actually, if you guys would take the time to engage in an honest conversation with me, I would outline to you that the point is that all this violence might have come FROM the south... which is why the theory is that the Great Migration helped spread violence across the nation, as negroes left the south and brought southern culture with them to the cities, along with its inherent violence.

But that is just the theory, anyway.

I have no idea what you are talking about re: "the dysfunctional of {my} native culture" {sic}.... I'm talking about my native culture here. I'm talking about America, Black America.
@N A M E @V Hexerei @HotDamn
Why is this type of derailing always allowed in Black American threads?

How much is too much before they're banned from the thread?

PlumpRump

Sacred.
Reaction score
Reactions
53,660 2,476 2,371
Alleybux
i can't believe this mfer ran in here to derail a whole thread... talking about bs that happened 50-60 years after the fact with government assistance - redlining, societal neglect, overpolicing, unequal access to employment and educational opportunities, hyper-segregation, this is all old hat at this point.

if you don't know, you just don't want to know - or don't care to know.
that's nobody's business except your own.
The Great Migration lasted from 1916 till 1970. Go look that up.

But one of the reasons that crime peaked in the 1970s might have to do with the Baby Boom generation, more black men were born during that period, and more black men (for various reason) might have gone into crime.

It is believed that one of the reasons crime started declining in the 1990s is that those black Boomer criminals started to age out of crime, and since birthrates are now declining, you have fewer young men engaging in criminal activity.

(So the theory says.)

PlumpRump

Sacred.
Reaction score
Reactions
53,660 2,476 2,371
Alleybux
(The ironic thing, though... is that the stuff I am saying is also technically a right-wing narrative. However, it is not acceptable to @Red Sonja because it is not a narrative that is flattering to African Americans.

I get it. As I already said, since I started thinking about this stuff, I have been deeply depressed. I want my brain to reject it... but it keeps holding on inside my head. And it sucks because if you accept this theory, it changes everything you think you know about Black life in America. And it posits the idea that the Great Migration might have been the WORST thing to ever happen to America.)

(I'm explaining this to the Admins who I am sure will have put me on Time Out by the time I wake up later this morning. But no... this is not a derailment. It is answering the OP, questioning the idea that the Great Migration actually "healed" America rather than making it worse)
america has made itself worse and continues to do so.
it constantly cuts off its own nose to spite its face.
the struggle of black americans, a kidnapped and terrorized group of ppl in this country, has been to have equal HUMAN RIGHTS and opportunities in a country we did not ask to be in.

europeans running into africa and the americas, working ppl to death and taking captives is the WORST thing to ever happen to the world, in general. you can't sh!t all over everything and everyone and expect to come out clean.

and white america has not even experienced the WORST that is to come. keep living.

THA RAQ

It's Ugly Here!
Reaction score
Reactions
189,107 4,340 1,314
Alleybux
No it is the fact that you have no common sense, it was a positive thread about black history and black culture that brought positivity to the world and with your BS derailed the thread. Everyone responding to you sees your BS.

If you had any common sense, you could've created your own thread about what you are concerned about instead you continue to derail it which makes you a troll.

If you are unable to stay on message in a thread or work to agitate/create an argument that goes against the topic you are trolling.
I don't want to tell people what to do but this is done on purpose. They come in with these ignorant statements because the goal is to get you to stray away from the topic and go back and forth with them.

THA RAQ

It's Ugly Here!
Reaction score
Reactions
189,107 4,340 1,314
Alleybux
Exactly probably not a black person, these people are sick and don't want black people to celebrate their own and be proud of something that not involved their narcissistic ass. This mf probably has the mindset of wanting to eradicate Black History Month.
I doubt seriously that this person is Black with the way they're trying to "Black on Black" crime this thread.

BigMikeHere

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,572 2,249 1,806
Alleybux
We entertained America in the Jazz Age, the Harlem Renaissance helped to heal some of us but we're still not right from the inequalities of that period as we where exploited for our labor, in bad housing situations etc but still an improvement, the conditions of many who moved to the cities then have sadly have not changed to this day.