Quantcast

Black Anti-natalists

LegalizeRanch

Plato was right.
Reaction score
Reactions
64,989 1,277 245
Alleybux
tldr: don’t trust whatever lazy trends white people be pushing (Because this is some white people thinking so they can go back to sterilizing non-Whites)
The biggest proponents for antinatalism I know are educated upper middle class childfree whites who rattle off about it to other educated upper middle class childfree whites. Antinatalism is a privileged position I agree because only the privileged have the emotional free time to ruminate about the "suffering" inherent to existence regardless of socioeconomic conditions.

However antinatalism is not eugenicist. It is nihilist (think Thanos.) That is the obvious argument against it and that it tends to be championed by the depressed and mentally unwell. Comfortable depressed people think it is a problem with existence itself, not their conditions. It follows they would advocate against all human existence.

For all the arguments that antinatalism is anti-black, I would say that is a product of the fact that most antinatalists are not black and so that person with an "air of superiority" is also white. Since all white people are at least passively racist, it is very disconcerting. They're just your garden variety "raceblind, don't think about black people or our issues at all" racist instead.

LeChatNoir

Lurker Supreme
Reaction score
Reactions
61,945 5,743 1,374
Alleybux
I don't support anti-natalisim but I do believe in eugenics.​

eugenicstreebig.jpg

I think many people practice eugenics without even realising it.​

Ivy Park

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,981 1,471 1,881
Alleybux
I'm not a anti-natalist but I thought long and hard about having kids after talking to the elder women in my family. My husband is approaching late 30s, I'm 30. We're both educated and financially stable but I'm not the most optimistic individual being as though my side has a history of substance abuse and his side has a history of mental illness. I also can't come up with one legit reason why I should have a kid. There's no guarantee they'll like us, take care of us when we're old or will be successful, upstanding citizens. We also don't have siblings who can help and all 4 of our parents are in their 50s and 60s acting 25. I think we are happy just enjoying one another and healing from our childhood trauma, continuing to break those generational curses. I feel like more people would be ok if they acknowledged that the positives of parenthood don't always outweigh the negatives. Plus I've observed that he best people with the most to offer have the worst kids and the crappiest parents have kids who go on to be great.

sosie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,492 3,313 3,934
Alleybux
the world is overpopulated, there are not enough resources to go around and that some people should seriously consider an anti-natalist/child free lifestyle

The world is not overpopulated and we have more than enough resources to support twice the current population.

I’m all for people having or not having babies because that is true meaning of reproductive freedom. The myth of overpopulation is so persistent because it is really about controlling growth of “unwanted” populations (read: non-white).

So, don’t have kids if you don’t want them. But that ain’t got a damn thing to do with saving the planet.

liquid alloy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,935 535 100
Alleybux
I am not an anti-natalist but I understand the philosophy.

However antinatalism is not eugenicist. It is nihilist (think Thanos.) That is the obvious argument against it and that it tends to be championed by the depressed and mentally unwell. Comfortable depressed people think it is a problem with existence itself, not their conditions. It follows they would advocate against all human existence.

Pretty much this. Nearly all (not all) of the anti-natalists I've known or met don't like their own lives for whatever reason and it transfers to others. This could also be that the philosophy, while having been around for ages, is still not mainstream, so most humans don't concern themselves with it day to day. If more humans had time to sit around and think about it, maybe we'd see a more diverse population following this.

Also, shout out to the former anti-natalists who believed in their teens and 20s then went on to have kids at 28+ years old:ROFLMAO: Just to say that things and ideas change throughout life. And that's ok too.

Finally,I've seen a lot of people talk about not having kids unless a person is financially stable, which I don't disagree. It is less often that I see people mention what KIND of person a future parent or parent is. Money is only one aspect of it, as wealthier people can be cruel and have other underlying issues. This is another reason why the discussion of eugenics is tricky. You can have all of the money in the world and still be unfit to parent. But who is gonna tell a cruel wealthy person not to procreate? Who decides? I think it's easier (and safer) for us to focus primarily on the financial aspect.

liquid alloy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,935 535 100
Alleybux
I'm not a anti-natalist but I thought long and hard about having kids after talking to the elder women in my family. My husband is approaching late 30s, I'm 30. We're both educated and financially stable but I'm not the most optimistic individual being as though my side has a history of substance abuse and his side has a history of mental illness. I also can't come up with one legit reason why I should have a kid. There's no guarantee they'll like us, take care of us when we're old or will be successful, upstanding citizens. We also don't have siblings who can help and all 4 of our parents are in their 50s and 60s acting 25. I think we are happy just enjoying one another and healing from our childhood trauma, continuing to break those generational curses. I feel like more people would be ok if they acknowledged that the positives of parenthood don't always outweigh the negatives.

ITU. I have much respect for people who decide not to procreate in fear of passing along negativity from their own upbringings. To me, it shows a higher level of awareness that so many lack. This is an old post, so I wonder if you have an update.

Plus I've observed that he best people with the most to offer have the worst kids and the crappiest parents have kids who go on to be great.

While I totally get what you mean (I myself escaped a rough childhood and went on to be moderately successful), stats still don't support this overall.

The numbers still say that when parenting is crappy, when kids are raised abusively, when financial support isn't there, the kids are less likely to be successful as adults. Exceptions, exceptions, of course - I've known a few professor's kids who were lazy, unsuccessful and even bordering on criminal - but that number is drawfed by the number of actual criminals with terrible upbringings. I'd rather the parents be great and take our chances with that.

salena08

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,528 1,200 1,449
Alleybux
Watching a Rashida Strober video brought me here because this is what I am but I didn't even know the word. But I only feel this way about the dysfunctional family known as black Americans everyone else are ok.

AfroGrad2025

Taco Bella
Reaction score
Reactions
4,062 487 286
Alleybux
I am not an anti-natalist but I understand the philosophy.

Pretty much this. Nearly all (not all) of the anti-natalists I've known or met don't like their own lives for whatever reason and it transfers to others. This could also be that the philosophy, while having been around for ages, is still not mainstream, so most humans don't concern themselves with it day to day. If more humans had time to sit around and think about it, maybe we'd see a more diverse population following this.

Also, shout out to the former anti-natalists who believed in their teens and 20s then went on to have kids at 28+ years old:ROFLMAO: Just to say that things and ideas change throughout life. And that's ok too.

Finally,I've seen a lot of people talk about not having kids unless a person is financially stable, which I don't disagree. It is less often that I see people mention what KIND of person a future parent or parent is. Money is only one aspect of it, as wealthier people can be cruel and have other underlying issues. This is another reason why the discussion of eugenics is tricky. You can have all of the money in the world and still be unfit to parent. But who is gonna tell a cruel wealthy person not to procreate? Who decides? I think it's easier (and safer) for us to focus primarily on the financial aspect.
This is such a strange comment. Why did you feel the need to attack antinatalists saying they dont like their lives to prove your point, instead of coming for the ideology. If anything this only futher proves their point. And then you go on to shout out people who were former antinatalists who changed their mind insinuating that having a child means they've grown up and out of the ideology becuase you clearly find it inferior.

AfroGrad2025

Taco Bella
Reaction score
Reactions
4,062 487 286
Alleybux
ITU. I have much respect for people who decide not to procreate in fear of passing along negativity from their own upbringings. To me, it shows a higher level of awareness that so many lack. This is an old post, so I wonder if you have an update.

While I totally get what you mean (I myself escaped a rough childhood and went on to be moderately successful), stats still don't support this overall.

The numbers still say that when parenting is crappy, when kids are raised abusively, when financial support isn't there, the kids are less likely to be successful as adults. Exceptions, exceptions, of course - I've known a few professor's kids who were lazy, unsuccessful and even bordering on criminal - but that number is drawfed by the number of actual criminals with terrible upbringings. I'd rather the parents be great and take our chances with that.
Parents love "taking chances" with other people's lives. 99% of the reasons people have kids are selfish, why is that so hard to admit. But instead of dissecting the pathology of parents who are willing to bring their kids into this crazy place for their own desires, we talk about the pathology of people who arent inflicting harm on anyone. This is so wierd.

Last edited:

AfroGrad2025

Taco Bella
Reaction score
Reactions
4,062 487 286
Alleybux
The biggest proponents for antinatalism I know are educated upper middle class childfree whites who rattle off about it to other educated upper middle class childfree whites. Antinatalism is a privileged position I agree because only the privileged have the emotional free time to ruminate about the "suffering" inherent to existence regardless of socioeconomic conditions.

For all the arguments that antinatalism is anti-black, I would say that is a product of the fact that most antinatalists are not black and so that person with an "air of superiority" is also white. Since all white people are at least passively racist, it is very disconcerting. They're just your garden variety "raceblind, don't think about black people or our issues at all" racist instead.

AfroGrad2025

Taco Bella
Reaction score
Reactions
4,062 487 286
Alleybux
Honestly, high reproduction rates would drop with proper xes-Ed and having contraceptive products be more available (poor women and birth control), less stigmatization on abortion, and stop pressuring people to become parents.

Also more education on family planning and parenting

not everyone can be a parent, want to be a parent, so why society keeps pressuring people I don’t know

this anti-Natalist thing is crap, comes from an air superiority, and in ways targeting marginalized people because the real people are suffering from the lack education and resources are poor marginalized people.

also I don’t think it’s really a lack of resources but the lack of redistribution. Capitalism creates a false scarcity: you see stores, companies burning or throwing out products that don’t sell rather than give it to charity or food pantry. Companies going out of their way to destroy vegetation, buy land to prevent communities from utilizing it (as in companies will buy land and not do anything with it, just let it sit there, happens to a lot of cities in the USA)

anti-Natalism places the blame on the wrong people. And refuses to actually help out those who are truly suffering

tldr: don’t trust whatever lazy trends white people be pushing (Because this is some white people thinking so they can go back to sterilizing non-Whites)
Capitalists are natalists lol, and have no plans on ending their exploitation of the poor. With that in mind, antinatalism absolutely places the responsibility on the right people, parents. If you have been on the plant a quarter of a century, realize what is going on and continue to reproduce with no intentions on changing the global condition, you are indeed selfish and your child's suffering fall on you.

Sweetiepiie

I'm walking on sunshine
Reaction score
Reactions
155,929 4,475 2,414
Alleybux
This is such a strange comment. Why did you feel the need to attack antinatalists saying they dont like their lives to prove your point, instead of coming for the ideology. If anything this only futher proves their point. And then you go on to shout out people who were former antinatalists who changed their mind insinuating that having a child means they've grown up and out of the ideology becuase you clearly find it inferior.
Right, lol.
Antinatalists not liking their lives just gives support for AN. What happens if you give birth to a child a grows up and doesn't like living ? Id feel terrible because I bought them into the world.

Also, I don't think 99% of AN change their minds lol. Maybe the ones that do adhere to social/family pressure but I believe AN will forever be in their minds.