Quantcast

Black Film Secret Society Movie

diamondjubilee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
101,468 9,581 9,799
Alleybux
LSA have yall see this Vivica Fox and Trina in it. There are women on FB Instagram LSA an Twitter living lives just like this. I feel for them. They have a lot of moolah but are they happy and do they know what real love feels life.

eatthiscupcake

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,811 614 94
Alleybux
I haven’t watched the movie, but I read the book back in ‘06. Shocked the hell outta me when I found out the secret :joy:

Where can I watch it?

Reaction score
Reactions
4,724 234 191
Alleybux
I watched it last night. Don’t remember Trina being in it. I loved it though. Very realistic. Brings much awareness. I don’t wanna spoil so I won’t but only thing I’d change is the actresses being the actual characters they played, hopefully those that watched it get what I’m saying. Other than that, phenomenal. All of the urban fictions I’ve read and I’ve never read a Miasha book, so maybe that’s why I like it a lot. I don’t have the empty feeling of thinking something is missing. Like, Carl Weber, Family Business, I’m sure it’s a great show but I can’t get into it cause it’s small details that I had differently in my head vs how it’s playing out on tv. Loved it though. I loved that they got straight to the point in the movie plot too. Highly recommend and now I wanna read the book.

Silkycurves

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
182 20 16
Alleybux
I just watched it. Transwomen are upset, and I see some reasons why. Also when the little boy is about to get paid to be abused I couldn't believe they let a child act that out!

Reaction score
Reactions
3,678 91 51
Alleybux
I liked it and I cried at the end. It made me think of how so many people who lived that life didn't see their friends come back from going out on dates and such. So empathic. The acting was terrible, but other than that and the few uncomfortable moments such as the child abuse, it was pretty decent. I see that a lot of transwomen don't like it and if I was her, I wouldn't even do a part 2, the way they are criticizing her. But I have seen other transwomen who say they enjoyed it and find it relatable.

Contemporary

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
234,615 4,240 1,018
Alleybux
Having watched the movie, I will admit that Jeremy Meeks isn't THAT bad of an actor. But then again, he was playing a criminal, so maybe he is just right for that kind of role. Art imitating life. I think he was better than the two leads, that's for sure. I think their acting was pretty bad.

Now. The real test for Jeremy Meeks acting skills will be OTHER roles he plays.

Let him successfully pull off being something like a neurosurgeon, and then we can say he's a pretty good actor. If he can play a concerned dad at a PTA meeting and really convince me, then I will give him more props.

Ashley Del Rey

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
417,252 12,391 1,265
Alleybux
Having watched the movie, I will admit that Jeremy Meeks isn't THAT bad of an actor. But then again, he was playing a criminal, so maybe he is just right for that kind of role. Art imitating life. I think he was better than the two leads, that's for sure. I think their acting was pretty bad.

Now. The real test for Jeremy Meeks acting skills will be OTHER roles he plays.

Let him successfully pull off being something like a neurosurgeon, and then we can say he's a pretty good actor. If he can play a concerned dad at a PTA meeting and really convince me, then I will give him more props.
Yeah he actually did alright. Maybe cuz he was playing his own true self lol

ADH

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
30,891 1,133 1,055
Alleybux
Never read the book but the movie was pretty damn good. It gives u BET movie vibes but than there's a twist ..really liked it..who was Trina?

Thaguru

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,808 1,648 752
Alleybux
I liked it and I cried at the end. It made me think of how so many people who lived that life didn't see their friends come back from going out on dates and such. So empathic. The acting was terrible, but other than that and the few uncomfortable moments such as the child abuse, it was pretty decent. I see that a lot of transwomen don't like it and if I was her, I wouldn't even do a part 2, the way they are criticizing her. But I have seen other transwomen who say they enjoyed it and find it relatable.
Part 2 just came out and it’s so good!!!