Quantcast

Black owned businesses in your community.

.VALENTINA.

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
6,569 10 13
Alleybux

There are a myriad of reasons why a person would choose one business over another to continuously patronize. If you are an entrepreneur/property owner like me you actively seek the best product or service in your particular locale. I have lived in places where there were very few people of color or none who produced the product or service I required.

All of my adult life I have always gone to black doctors, lawyers, tradesmen, car dealerships, hair salons, accountants, designers, makeup artists, painters, repairmen, artists, musicians, plumbers etc… I actively seek black and brown people to do business with because this was practiced in my immediate and extended family growing up.

Obviously, as a minority living in a predominantly white society I have patronized white businesses. You cannot avoid it. Ultimately, most people want the business that will provide the best good or service regardless of the color of the owner. On a very personal note, I take great pride and love in doing business with people who look like me.

Why it is that some black people will have a negative experience with a black business and essentially refrain from going to other black businesses that provide that good or service based on that isolated incident with the black/brown business? I have always found this practice irrational. It is almost an “indictment” on all black people. I feel this is unfair and morally wrong. Many not all black people have this mentality. They will give a white or Asian business countless chances to “phuck up” but have the black owned business make one little error and it is the end of the world.

No need to post the psychological and historical reasons why they may act that way. We all know that plus it has been beaten like a dead horse.

My question is what are you doing as a black person to stop this destructive practice? I actively chastise my black and brown friends who might succumb to holding the black/brown business to near impossible standards while giving the white businesses a frequent free pass.

Please share your own experiences.

Isis Marceline

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
693 4 2
Alleybux
Even with the stigma that come with patronizing black businesses, I will always support my sisters and brothers.

I even take my youngest son to a day care that is white owned, but black operated. The ladies always show up late (CP TIME) and I am usually waiting 5-10 min outside the day car for someone to show up in the AM, but I will say my toddler is showing more advancement there, then he did at the white day care.

STILLSexy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
11,431 411 32
Alleybux
Yes, I know EXACTLY what you're saying.
I HATE this.

I point out to my cousin, who swears she will never again, let a black person do her nails, to get over it and find someone black who CAN do it right.

She's stubborn.

Isis Marceline

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
693 4 2
Alleybux
I HATE this.

I point out to my cousin, who swears she will never again, let a black person do her nails, to get over it and find someone black who CAN do it right.

She's stubborn.

I was lucky enough to find a black nail salon. I finally found one and she was good!!! She took her time, and you sat in the chair listening to jazz, sipping whatever you like. It was truly a relaxing experience AND she was only 25 for mani and pedi! She did take long, but she TOOK HER TIME, which is something the asian salons dont do. THey are doing you nails and feet at the same time to chime em out, like a chinese factory. not only theat, they will hire ANYONE to do nails. There are teenagers in there doing nails!

Messiah St West

Come judge for me
Reaction score
Reactions
64,038 1,886 1,103
Alleybux
Black people will get turned off by other blacks with the quickness. Yet they'll let a white/asian/mexican person continually screw them over and swear up and down they're "better."

You can apply this to everything, not only black-owned businesses but relationships, teachers, doctors you name it.

.VALENTINA.

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
6,569 10 13
Alleybux
Black people will get turned off by other blacks with the quickness. Yet they'll let a white/asian/mexican person continually screw them over and swear up and down they're "better."

You can apply this to everything, not only black-owned businesses but relationships, teachers, doctors you name it.

Those black people you described are slaves in many ways. These are the same ones who will spend hours posting about a black celeb dating a white woman or what type of Asian hair they plan on purchasing from the Korean hair shop.

I find the asians really cheap.
I usually do my own nails or go to a natural nail salon that is black owned in Atlanta. I have only been to one Asian nail salon that was several years ago in Cali. My Thai friend owned several shops.

I was lucky enough to find a black nail salon. I finally found one and she was good!!! She took her time, and you sat in the chair listening to jazz, sipping whatever you like. It was truly a relaxing experience AND she was only 25 for mani and pedi! She did take long, but she TOOK HER TIME, which is something the asian salons dont do. THey are doing you nails and feet at the same time to chime em out, like a chinese factory. not only theat, they will hire ANYONE to do nails. There are teenagers in there doing nails!
There are many health hazards and violations at many of those shops. I am not trying to get a staph infection. :dazed: Good for you for patronizing a black nail salon.

I HATE this.

She's stubborn.
We have the same cousin. :giggle:

Even with the stigma that come with patronizing black businesses, I will always support my sisters and brothers.
:clap:

Thank you for posting.

Hustle Marsalis

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,607 5 4
Alleybux
I HATE this.

She's stubborn.

Yet she will give a pass to a chinese woman who cant even speak english and use cheap dirty products on her nails though.