Quantcast

Black protester who carried injured white man wanted to avert 'catastrophe'

Sereneone

Independents on Here are MAGA. Don't Be Fooled!
Reaction score
Reactions
140,289 4,129 2,788
Alleybux

By John Bowden - 06/15/20 10:44 AM EDT
A black man who was seen on video carrying an injured white protester to safety in London told CNN that he did it to prevent negative narratives from forming against the Black Lives Matter movement.

Patrick Hutchinson said that the unidentified white man, apparently a counter-protester, was still being struck by protesters as Hutchinson carried him to medical and police personnel on Saturday.

"My real focus was on avoiding a catastrophe, all of a sudden the narrative changes into 'Black Lives Matters, Youngsters Kill Protesters.' That was the message we were trying to avoid," he told CNN.

"I am carrying him, my friends are protecting myself and the man on my shoulder. He was still receiving blows, you can feel people trying to hit him," he continued. "There were people trying to protect him at the same time carried him over to the police and I said here you are. One of them said, 'Thank you - you did a good thing there.'"

Hutchinson added that police thanked him for his effort.

Violence reportedly broke out at the London protest after right-wing groups arrived at the protest in London.

Protests have continued in the city and dozens across the U.S. for weeks over the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis as well as other black people in the U.S. and elsewhere who have died in police custody.

"I want to see equality for everybody. I am a father, a grandfather and I would love to see my young children, my young grandchildren, my nieces, my nephews have a better world than I have lived in," Hutchinson told CNN. "The world I live in has been better than my grandparents and my parents and hopefully we can continue until we have total equality for everyone."

Last edited:

Jared Boo

Your fav racist 47 year old upperclass white woman
Reaction score
Reactions
84,119 8,670 7,146
Alleybux
giphy.gif

leelee16

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,613 254 43
Alleybux
None of his nazi friends cared enough to carry him.

If that man has any sense or humanity in him that's something he should think about.

As for Patrick, I understand why he did and agree that the media is looking for a chance to change the narrative, and how they would have loved that headline. I can't say I would have done the same, but I'm not going to call him out of his name for it.

PurpleBeats

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
54,361 958 651
Alleybux
I get why some are mad but movements are also about optics. That photo was a needed blow against the white supremacists. They like to paint black people as savages but that black man came off as a saint. In a time where news media keep emphasizing the rioters over the peaceful protesters, things like this change the narrative.

If you go on *****, you'll see how the alt-right likes to manipulate the media. We're not going to win by simply refusing to play.

thebanshee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,394 286 24
Alleybux
I read it as they were going to blame black people for that one lone :emoji_man: getting hurt and he wanted to avoid that. Makes sense to me.

AngelzRock

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
i would never do this. all this does is mark him as "one of the good ones", it doesn't change people's perceptions of black people as a whole. People who are racist are aware that all black people don't fit their sh!tty narrative, they just don't care enough to see us as human. All this man did was contribute more to the "feel good" media that promotes disingenuous unity and peacefulness, like all of those dancing/kneeling cop stories

black people need to stop helping others that would never keep that same energy for them. this goes for black women who help/fight for black men as well, a lot of them aren't good allies to us in the same way that white people are usually bad allies to black men/POC in general.

LolaMoon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
123,034 1,533 797
Alleybux
I read the title wrong. I thought he was actually "WANTED" by the police to avoid catastrophe and I was like... NO!! Don't turn yourself in! They are lying!! They are going to kill you!!

TiredoftheBS

Back to putting y’all’s stupid threads on ignore!
Reaction score
Reactions
127,076 5,312 3,329
Alleybux
He’s so fine but he gives me “my wife is white or nonblack” vibes so of course he saved him

Last edited:

Keep_It_Pretty

Cuteing everybody off
Reaction score
Reactions
16,570 436 270
Alleybux
Lmao! This is disgusting. Saving a white supremacists life? He's useless to the Black community and should be ostracized.

oumoub

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,519 986 348
Alleybux
Imagine if the tables were turned?! It just goes to show that we are kind hearted people whose first instinct is to help rather than hurt. The same can’t be said for whites.

I haven’t really paid attention but what is BLM in the UK about? I’m guessing it’s not focused on deaths of unarmed blacks because their police don’t even carry guns...

oumoub

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,519 986 348
Alleybux
I get why some are mad but movements are also about optics. That photo was a needed blow against the white supremacists. They like to paint black people as savages but that black man came off as a saint. In a time where news media keep emphasizing the rioters over the peaceful protesters, things like this change the narrative.

If you go on *****, you'll see how the alt-right likes to manipulate the media. We're not going to win by simply refusing to play.
Yeah but the media will spend one day on this story and five days on a story about Walmart being raided by 200 people. Then they’ll post copaganda with police kneeling and giving flowers to little black girls.

oumoub

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,519 986 348
Alleybux
He’s so fine but he gives me “my wife is white or nonblack” vibes so of course he saved her
IDK, he does live in the UK so they are extremely limited in their options plus he has a Brit accent do he must have been born there. We need to do a 90 day fiancé and bring him to the states!

PurpleBeats

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
54,361 958 651
Alleybux
i would never do this. all this does is mark him as "one of the good ones", it doesn't change people's perceptions of black people as a whole.

But how would letting the man get badly hurt or worse killed have helped? People who were willing to listen before would have used that example to stop supporting the protests. I personally am not shedding any tears over dead neonazis. However, a lot of people don't think people deserve to die for their beliefs while they support them being ostracized and possibly jailed -at least in the UK where they have hate speech laws. Black people are minorities in both the US and the UK. It's unfortunate but without broad support from all other races, we won't be making much headway.

Sayat

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
47,269 884 507
Alleybux
I'm a savage for the most part but I also believe in kill em with kindness so in this case, let the world see who they are and who we are. A picture speaks a thousand words, just like those brothers (protesters) last week who created a human fence around the cop to protect him cus he had gotten caught alone in the middle of a mob. Good for them!

AngelzRock

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
But how would letting the man get badly hurt or worse killed have helped? People who were willing to listen before would have used that example to stop supporting the protests. I personally am not shedding any tears over dead neonazis. However, a lot of people don't think people deserve to die for their beliefs while they support them being ostracized and possibly jailed -at least in the UK where they have hate speech laws. Black people are minorities in both the US and the UK. It's unfortunate but without broad support from all other races, we won't be making much headway.

It wouldn't have helped, and it's not our job to help other people at our own expenses. Act neutrally and let the other neo-nazis prevent that man from getting hurt. Anyone who hears about a neo-nazi getting hurt at a protest and decides that it means that black people don't deserve rights or shouldn't protest is not an ally, and we should not bend our backs trying to gain their support.

The type of support that black people receive from being expendable is a support that promotes the idea that our peacefulness in a society that spits on us is ideal. It gives us allies that favor the white moderate, which is literally the worst type of ally to have, because they're passive and pretend that they're helping while allowing harmful institutions to continue to degrade our community. There are other ways to highlight kindhearted black leaders to the public that don't center around saving white men.

CoastalElite

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
382,825 13,533 6,873
Alleybux
He’s a better man than me. I do hate the idea of being nice and understanding to people who hate us ~~~ It wouldn’t be me. Ever.

geos85

Your faves favorite.
Reaction score
Reactions
8,469 549 1,046
Alleybux

I agree. Black ppl need to to learn strategy and stop being so predictable. You kill one white person on camera and how do you look? Thats why the alt right does violence and make it look like antifa or black lives matter. They might be evil but they arent stupid.

Last edited:

744Boss

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,967 1,892 1,986
Alleybux
As a Christian, I give him props for being a good human. It took courage to do this. That said, it wouldn't be me. I'm not interested in catching COVID from a white supremacist.

TiredoftheBS

Back to putting y’all’s stupid threads on ignore!
Reaction score
Reactions
127,076 5,312 3,329
Alleybux
IDK, he does live in the UK so they are extremely limited in their options plus he has a Brit accent do he must have been born there. We need to do a 90 day fiancé and bring him to the states!
Those men have a lot of beautiful black there. They just CHOOSE WW. They’re worse than these nuccas here

LaVieEhBelle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
100,432 2,996 1,243
Alleybux
I haven’t really paid attention but what is BLM in the UK about? I’m guessing it’s not focused on deaths of unarmed blacks because their police don’t even carry guns...
Yet they've managed to kill many Blacks living in the UK. Repeated baton strikes, kicks and punches to the head, tear gas and restraints can kill a person. Here's a documentary about police brutality in the UK that had been banned for years.

correct link added

Last edited:

TheEqualizer

Greatness Only...
Reaction score
Reactions
34,185 5,428 16,604
Alleybux
The Millwall fan rescued by a protester at the weekend is a retired police detective who travelled to London, got 'stinking drunk' and sparked trouble after shouting 'f*** Black Lives Matter,' MailOnline can reveal.

Bryn Male, 55, met with friends in Parliament Square in Westminster to help protect the sculpture after being 'incensed' by the graffiti attack at protests the previous weekend.

However Mr Male, an ex-detective constable with the British Transport Police, who retired in 2014 after 20-years in the force, had too much to drink and got into trouble.

29723266-0-image-a-14_1592413855440.jpg

He was surrounded by a crowd of angry Black Lives Matter protesters as he walked back to Waterloo station on Saturday and was punched and kicked to the floor.

In a now iconic photo he was pictured being rescued from the mob by hero BLM protester Patrick Hutchinson who lifted him up on his shoulders and took him down a flight of stairs to where police had lined up.

A photographer who witnessed the situation unfolding told the Daily Mail that Mr Male had provoked the incident by saying ‘f*** Black Lives Matter’.

Tichmatic, a 26-year-old musician who was among the first people to shepherd Mr Male to safety, said his language had helped ‘instigate the whole incident’.

He said: ‘Initially, he said, “f*** off, nobody cares”, and then one of the young boys replied, “What did you say?”’

Video footage shows Mr Male, who was swaying and wearing a Millwall t-shirt, falling to the ground after being slapped by a white protestor.

Tichmatic, who attended the protests to prevent violence from erupting, said: ‘I grabbed him, picked him up and said: “You need to get up and go, right now.” He kept saying: “Why are they doing this, why are they doing this?”’

'He went to London and met some of his Millwall mates to protest against the monuments being damaged the previous weekend and to make sure they were not targeted again.

'What actually happened during the protest, I don't know as I wasn't with him. But I know that he got stinking drunk and was attacked as he walked back to Waterloo station.

'He got a black eye and suffered cuts and bruises and also had his phone and gold chain stolen.

'He refused any medical treatment, despite the police advising him to, and came home later on Saturday night with a shiner. His wife was livid, he's 55 not 25!

'He pretty much keeps himself to himself in the club, he has a few pints and watches the football.'

Family friend John O'Brien said: 'Bryn loves his football and his beer. I haven't spoken to him since all this happened but I know he would have been angry about all the threats to the statues.

White man carried by black BLM protester is ex-policeman who yelled 'f*** Black Lives Matter' | Daily Mail Online

hardleyf

pink flowers
Reaction score
Reactions
1,172 11 3
Alleybux
I'm sorry but this going high is getting old. I would have left him to get what he was asking for.

ANTIUSERNAME

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
127,637 11,232 14,342
Alleybux
The Millwall fan rescued by a protester at the weekend is a retired police detective who travelled to London, got 'stinking drunk' and sparked trouble after shouting 'f*** Black Lives Matter,' MailOnline can reveal.

Bryn Male, 55, met with friends in Parliament Square in Westminster to help protect the sculpture after being 'incensed' by the graffiti attack at protests the previous weekend.

However Mr Male, an ex-detective constable with the British Transport Police, who retired in 2014 after 20-years in the force, had too much to drink and got into trouble.

29723266-0-image-a-14_1592413855440.jpg

He was surrounded by a crowd of angry Black Lives Matter protesters as he walked back to Waterloo station on Saturday and was punched and kicked to the floor.

In a now iconic photo he was pictured being rescued from the mob by hero BLM protester Patrick Hutchinson who lifted him up on his shoulders and took him down a flight of stairs to where police had lined up.

A photographer who witnessed the situation unfolding told the Daily Mail that Mr Male had provoked the incident by saying ‘f*** Black Lives Matter’.

Tichmatic, a 26-year-old musician who was among the first people to shepherd Mr Male to safety, said his language had helped ‘instigate the whole incident’.

He said: ‘Initially, he said, “f*** off, nobody cares”, and then one of the young boys replied, “What did you say?”’

Video footage shows Mr Male, who was swaying and wearing a Millwall t-shirt, falling to the ground after being slapped by a white protestor.

Tichmatic, who attended the protests to prevent violence from erupting, said: ‘I grabbed him, picked him up and said: “You need to get up and go, right now.” He kept saying: “Why are they doing this, why are they doing this?”’

'He went to London and met some of his Millwall mates to protest against the monuments being damaged the previous weekend and to make sure they were not targeted again.

'What actually happened during the protest, I don't know as I wasn't with him. But I know that he got stinking drunk and was attacked as he walked back to Waterloo station.

'He got a black eye and suffered cuts and bruises and also had his phone and gold chain stolen.

'He refused any medical treatment, despite the police advising him to, and came home later on Saturday night with a shiner. His wife was livid, he's 55 not 25!

'He pretty much keeps himself to himself in the club, he has a few pints and watches the football.'

Family friend John O'Brien said: 'Bryn loves his football and his beer. I haven't spoken to him since all this happened but I know he would have been angry about all the threats to the statues.

White man carried by black BLM protester is ex-policeman who yelled 'f*** Black Lives Matter' | Daily Mail Online

So OP are you going to apologize for defending the black man who carried this white supremacist man?
It's a L for both of you.