Black Skin Care Twitter

"whore/creative"
Reactions
85,431 1,241 430
Alleybux
Nai is still tweeting 50 reasons why her tweets weren't offensive. That's a surefire way to continue to get dragged. If she was smart she would learn to stfu, delete her tweets, and continue about her day if she didn't want to take accountability, but she's just drawing more negative attention to herself.

Yes I keep seeing them on the timeline. She is on private so the people she is responding to can't see her tweets.

She should just take this L because Cali has a high percentage of Asians and you are losing customers.

General Manager
Reactions
8,659 77 22
Alleybux
I thought they were all friends? Is Nai disliked in the skincare community too? Those who turned on her seem to have been waiting for this moment.

Anyway, I find skincare twitter to be a scam. It's a very catty environment full of egomaniacs who have 136647 favorite products. You don't need that many products for a good routine. Haircare twitter is a better space imo

They're ridiculously snarky for people who are basically begging for brands to sponsor them. Then wonder why they don't get engagement on their IG posts lmao. They tell you to over exfoliate one month then the next its "omfg yall are so dumb why r u exfoliate ugh omg dont ask me questions i have a headache"

Team Owner
Reactions
8,661 108 21
Alleybux
Wait. Fairyglowmother. I used to listen to the podcast she did with her homegirl a handful of years ago, Mmhmm, Girl. I stopped listening a few years back when they started being inconsistent with episode drops.

I see from her Twitter she started a skincare line last year. She used to work marketing or tech or something back when they were doing the podcast. I wonder when she got into skin care.

I think she was working on getting her license or whatever when the show was off/less consistent. I used to listen to and I remember after they came back from a long hiatus she had a side project going and when I put two and two together eventually I realized it was the skin care thing. I loved that show & wish they had remained consistent. I think they even deleted their old episodes.

Team Owner
Reactions
31,515 293 26
Alleybux
It's so hypocritical - Hyram stays in his lane. It's ain't for me but I can't knock his hustle if people find his content more relatable than other skincare influencers. Makeupforwoc is the only skincare influencer that I like. The others all seem very shady and jealous when anyone who isn't them or one of their friends gets some recognition. She's also the only one who made a fair critique of that Fenty Skin line. Everyone else was hyping it up like it was something special. You can get better skincare products that cost less and are more effective.

I like the smell of the Fenty Moisturizer and I like that I don't need cotton balls for the toner.

Starter
Reactions
688 12 10
Alleybux
I follow Nai, Cave and makeup woc. Nai is definitely the snarky bougie girl that can’t fight in real life. A skin care internet thug.
I find Cave and makeup woc to be cool and unproblematic.

A Plain Jane
Reactions
13,550 407 34
Alleybux
I follow Nai, Cave and makeup woc. Nai is definitely the snarky bougie girl that can’t fight in real life. A skin care internet thug.
I find Cave and makeup woc to be cool and unproblematic.
Oh chile Cave can be messy. She got into it with a couple of estheticians either last year or the year before. And she likes shady tweets or sub other estheticians as well. But let me shut up before she come at my neck on here like last time lol

MVP
Reactions
4,748 19 6
Alleybux
Oh chile Cave can be messy. She got into it with a couple of estheticians either last year or the year before. And she likes shady tweets or sub other estheticians as well. But let me shut up before she come at my neck on here like last time lol
Wait pls spill! My fav esthie (starasia @_starsabreep_) said lily is the only esthetician she genuinely dislikes & ive been curious af since.

General Manager
Reactions
6,517 107 13
Alleybux
I get bad vibes from Cave but I might just be bitter over her forcing me to reschedule a consultation after being a minute late because of some miscommunication. When we did the meeting, I thought it would be a phone call but it was all over text messaging so I thought that was so weird. I know she's overextended with her business or whatever and I think she's still battling long-term covid symptoms but I also remember some tweets of hers being weird too.

MVP
Reactions
4,748 19 6
Alleybux
I get bad vibes from Cave but I might just be bitter over her forcing me to reschedule a consultation after being a minute late because of some miscommunication. When we did the meeting, I thought it would be a phone call but it was all over text messaging so I thought that was so weird. I know she's overextended with her business or whatever and I think she's still battling long-term covid symptoms but I also remember some tweets of hers being weird too.
I’ve had a very similar experience with her too. For the first appt I booked, I was expecting a confirmation email a few minutes before my appointment time so that she could call me, but I never got an email (yes I checked my spam folder LOL). So I had to reschedule, but the second time I booked, I responded to her email a few minutes after my appointment time and she said we would have to reschedule a 3rd time. I felt like such a burden I just let her keep my money lol.

A Plain Jane
Reactions
13,550 407 34
Alleybux
Wait pls spill! My fav esthie (starasia @_starsabreep_) said lily is the only esthetician she genuinely dislikes & ive been curious af since.
Okay so basically lily was sitting in some black Esthie studio in BK & was talking shit about the girl & her spa while eating McDonald's right outside that girl door. She said that girl spa was dirty & blah blah but when the girl overheard & popped up on her, she went quiet. The girl kicked lily out & then lily went on twitter throwing subs. So the girl came on twitter ready to be petty & post a security camera video of lily sitting outside her studio eating her food & clowning her. It became huge beef. Next thing you know it's nai, lily, skinclasshero etc on one side vs. The girl, star, etc on other side. Both sides were talking mad shit about the other. One of the other side girls even said allegedly that lily sucks at her work & that some of lily clients go to her to fix lily's fuck ups. The fight ends up calming down & everyone blocked each other & deleted their tweets.

Then another skincare war happened over Vaseline & yet again lily got into it with another esthie, emani, cause she threw subs (which yet again she deleted) at emani opinion over Vaseline. I attached a screenshot where emani approached her about it so you can see.

When star had an opinion of also putting sunscreen at night, boom there goes lily throwing subs. Star caught it & cursed her out & lily delete the subs. It's a constant routine with her. When skinclasshero got into it with emani recently (as in near the end of 2020), she was liking skinclasshero rude tweets. Lily is the type to throw stone & hide her hands. She is FAAAR from unproblematic. Tiara truly is the only one

A Plain Jane
Reactions
13,550 407 34
Alleybux
No you're right to feel that way. After the first huge twitter beef, i had been side eyeing her since. Even lowkey estheticians side eye her & hinted her bad vibe & messiness. Girl gave some good skincare advice i still follow to this day but she is meeesssyy. Damn near half of known bk esthies don't like her

Castlevania Hive
Reactions
9,394 154 9
Alleybux
i just saw this thread pop and i feel so vindicated lol.

I followed Nai on twitter a couple years ago and blocked her sometime last year. I always found her to be so mean spirited and short tempered for NO reason at all. Like I could understand if people were trying it with her, but she’d come at people sideways for respectfully asking her a simple question. How tf you have a career where it’s your job to service people, and you don’t want anyone asking you any questions???

What’s worse is that her twitter followers would see her hostility play out in real time and somehow still found a way to defend her antics.

glad I found this thread bc I really felt like I was crazy! I was like damn, am I the only one that’s seeing this shit?

Starter
Reactions
1,567 69
Alleybux
OMG only a minute late! And text message consultation?? I assumed for that price it would be video chat so she can look at your face real time. Sorry that happened, that’s crazy. I went to the class her and Nai had in NYC 2(?) years ago that started maaaaaaad late. I had to travel 3 or more hours to get there, took a half day from work and everything. For it to be nowhere near ready when I arrived 15 mins before start was disappointing. I know ppl blasted them on twitter after that. They both were nice and friendly in person though, know their stuff and I took some tips that have helped me. But online, they do come across mean girly.

General Manager
Reactions
6,517 107 13
Alleybux
I’ve had a very similar experience with her too. For the first appt I booked, I was expecting a confirmation email a few minutes before my appointment time so that she could call me, but I never got an email (yes I checked my spam folder LOL). So I had to reschedule, but the second time I booked, I responded to her email a few minutes after my appointment time and she said we would have to reschedule a 3rd time. I felt like such a burden I just let her keep my money lol.
No because this is EXACTLY what happened to me. I had been sitting there waiting for the confirmation way before the meeting time and didn't see anything so I sent her an e-mail about 3 minutes before the meeting to ask if we're still on. She said that she supposedly sent the confirmation e-mail already but it was nowhere to be found. Checked spam and everything. By the time I could get to the Hangouts "call", it was a minute past the time. Now I'm so sure she sent the email late on purpose because she didn't feel like doing the consultation that time.
OMG only a minute late! And text message consultation?? I assumed for that price it would be video chat so she can look at your face real time.
That's exactly what I thought too. And the products she recommended for me (which were a loooot), aren't working for me. So I'm waiting for her to respond to my message about that.

Last edited:
Starter
Reactions
1,567 69
Alleybux
That's exactly what I thought too. And the products she recommended for me (which were a loooot), aren't working for me. So I'm waiting for her to respond to my message about that.
Oh no!! I hope you get a response for all you’ve been through already. I don’t use all of those big name products they talk about (I chose Dermalogica bc that seemed more neutral and pocket friendly haha) but I have a decent number of products in my lineup and it all works.

Reactions
8,028 108 5
Alleybux
Star had me waiting long af for my skincare consultation results. It took literally two months because she kept rescheduling and her excuses were vague af.

MVP
Reactions
4,748 19 6
Alleybux
Star had me waiting long af for my skincare consultation results. It took literally two months because she kept rescheduling and her excuses were vague af.
Sheesh two whole months??? I know she’s super busy but that’s insane. I guess that’s why she doesn’t do consults anymore

A Plain Jane
Reactions
13,550 407 34
Alleybux
Looking at the stuff you guys went through just from scheduling consults from these skincare girlies make me so glad I ain't get it. A lot of them clearly lack professional customer service. They're better off being skincare influencers

Team Owner
Reactions
70,434 904 225
Alleybux
Looking at the stuff you guys went through just from scheduling consults from these skincare girlies make me so glad I ain't get it. A lot of them clearly lack professional customer service. They're better off being skincare influencers
A lot of them just like the idea of calling themselves entrepreneurs or saying that they have a brand.

General Manager
Reactions
6,323 179 196
Alleybux
Black skincare twitter are such a gang!! Its like the group in highschool who thought they were better than everyone else

Alicia Lartey or whatever her name is, UK black skincare instagrammer as she has no blog, says shes a trainee aesthetician, why does she tlak to slow? Because everyday she has migraine and everyday its youll get this and that tomorow Im too tired toda

Evie skin again on insta and twitter, why does she talk like that? Its so fake and again, shes SO rude, thinks you need to share and comment but wont answer your questions and we need to appreciate the knowledge ahe gives us!! Okay girl, always moans about that but then reminds you to interact on her page lol

Now we have a black skincare guy, Lateef, British, has joined the clique with Alicia and Evie

Sick of this skincare gang that consists of them and others on social media who think they are better than everyone else
what the tea on him?

MVP
Reactions
4,748 19 6
Alleybux
F1F53874-7352-403F-9C0F-9890CE2D94EE.jpeg
Omg help????? I like her but girl if you’re trying to thirst trap why post this picture in particular??? And wtf is this caption??

General Manager
Reactions
28,393 118 45
Alleybux
what the tea on him?
There was some discussion on the London thread that he might be bi and from Clubhouse talks I think he works in banking. No other tea on him as such but he seems to have calmed down a lot on Twitter. Men who join in on the pettiness and rudeness of women on Twitter come across so feminine.

Starter
Reactions
874 17
Alleybux

I wonder what she did with all the money she’s raised in the past from fans helping her with getting a new car, merchandise sells, consultations, etc??

General Manager
Reactions
5,263 66 15
Alleybux
so happy to see this thread!!!

Nai has been blocked for years. shes gives me real weirdo bad energy vibes.
i first started following her around 2015/2016 i believe. I had issues with my skin since hs so i was always looking for solutions online. at this time, skincare wasnt a big obsession like now with alot of info online from BLACK people. i loved that she was a black woman. I didnt like her attitude on twitter at times but i just supported her anyway.

you know what made me unfollow??
She was tweeting about going to a mansion party with some friends and that she was gonna post pics of her outfit later.

so she posted pics.... this girl was wearing a bra, underwear, heels and pantyhose. thats it. to a party.
I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt so i just assumed it was a lingerie party or some sort of costume party.

Then it got weirder... the pics she took of the outfit were taken AT the party in a random mirror on the wall, and you could see her friends and other people in the background AND THEY WERE ALL DRESSED NORMALLY... like smart casual attire. her friends included. AND SHE WAS IN A BRA, UNDERWEAR AND PANTYHOSE WITH HEELS WITH NOTHING ELSE!

to make it even worse, when she posted the pic she got no likes, no retweets and no comments for a while. radio silence because it was just a very cringey and awkward thing.

SO SHE DELETED THE PIC AND REPOSTED AND TWEETED BEGGING PEOPLE TO LIKE AND COMMENT ON THE PIC!!!
I was cringing for 5 straight business days from second hand embarrassment.

I had to block her. theres no way you're inserting your elitist underqualified skincare opinion all over twitter and be THAT weird and thirsty. I believe this was before she met her photographer fiancee btw but i could be wrong i dont keep up with her.

(sorry for the dramatics, ive been waiting to tell this story for a long time:LOL:)

Last edited:
General Manager
Reactions
28,393 118 45
Alleybux
so happy to see this thread!!!

Nai has been blocked for years. shes gives me real weirdo bad energy vibes.
i first started following her around 2015/2016 i believe. I had issues with my skin since hs so i was always looking for solutions online. at this time, skincare wasnt a big obsession like now with alot of info online from BLACK people. i loved that she was a black woman. I didnt like her attitude on twitter at times but i just supported her anyway.

you know what made me unfollow??
She was tweeting about going to a mansion party with some friends and that she was gonna post pics of her outfit later.

so she posted pics.... this girl was wearing a bra, underwear, heels and pantyhose. thats it. to a party.
I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt so i just assumed it was a lingerie party or some sort of costume party.

Then it got weirder... the pics she took of the outfit were taken AT the party in a random mirror on the wall, and you could see her friends and other people in the background AND THEY WERE ALL DRESSED NORMALLY... like smart casual attire. her friends included. AND SHE WAS IN A BRA, UNDERWEAR AND PANTYHOSE WITH HEELS WITH NOTHING ELSE!

to make it even worse, when she posted the pic she got no likes, no retweets and no comments for a while. radio silence because it was just a very cringey and awkward thing.

SO SHE DELETED THE PIC AND REPOSTED AND TWEETED BEGGING PEOPLE TO LIKE AND COMMENT ON THE PIC!!!
I was cringing for 5 straight business days from second hand embarrassment.

I had to block her. theres no way you're inserting your elitist underqualified skincare opinion all over twitter and be THAT weird and thirsty. I believe this was before she met her photographer fiancee btw but i could be wrong i dont keep up with her.

(sorry for the dramatics, ive been waiting to tell this story for a long time:LOL:)
So I see the weirdness started a while ago - there I was thinking she was fishing for attention because she was upset about Covid. Women should do what they want but I don't understand how someone with a whole fiancé is so thirsty for attention online. She already has a large following because she has expert knowledge in a field that people are interested in but instead she begs it to get the insta baddie treatment. And her 'sexy' pics aren't even tasteful or nice - just very cringe and try hard

The Culture

Ask LSA

General Alley

Recent Posts

Would you STOP working out with a lazy friend...
I'm serious about my workouts and because of that, friends like to ask to join me. What I do is do my normal workout (an appointment to keep with...
Former Glossier Employee Launches New Beauty Brand for Melanin Rich Skin
I just purchased The Lip Bar's skin tint otherwise I would run to buy the set. I still may at the end of the week.
The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
Off-topic: I recommend you watching the show on Netflix, was pretty entertaining.
RHONY Real Housewives of New York RHONY Season 13 Official Thread Premieres May 4, 2021
lol! Not sure. It's odd. At brunch, (scene in the hot pink blazer) Sonja asks Eboni "do you think you want to have kids someday?" and her...
Ma'Khia Bryant case shines light on 'adultification' of Black girls
Black women really need to learn the art of silence. When white men or Asian men are in the wrong the collective of white men and Asian men are...
"brown-ish' from Kenya Barris and Eva Longoria coming to ABC
Now who asked for this? At least it’s not starring Gina Rodriguez.
Joe Budden: I'll Name This Podcast Later
I fuck with Joe,but he should have known better,but also it's ent and performance. They talk crazy on the JPB pod,there's just no female co hosts...
St.Louis Area Popeyes Employee Age 17 Shoots Man After Argument
And I would still eat there drive thru of course I’ll pay the DoorDash fee. lol
Miss Hollywood Posh/IamPosh Official Thread
Who records another female?..Knowing she doesn’t know that lady like that. But that’s how she went to a baby shower lol her and ugly ass Block...
Top Bottom