Black Skin Care Twitter

Team Owner
Reactions
22,826 516 76
Alleybux
Its amazing what these folks look like when they dont control the video/photo/editing

Attachments

• 20210419_102409.jpg
    20210419_102409.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 20210419_102447.jpg
    20210419_102447.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 20210419_102432.jpg
    20210419_102432.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 175
General Manager
Reactions
28,393 118 45
Alleybux
The first pic has a lot of sunlight flooding her face...I imagine she's in poorer light in the next two shots. But generally speaking, whenever I see a still image on IG, I assume it's been doctored at least a little. IG is the land of fakery. Fake features, fake skin tone, fake bodies, fake lifestyles. Then these same people will complain about the pressures of looking perfect on IG when they're also guilty of feeding into it

Bench Warmer
Reactions
Alleybux
Omg thank goodness I found this thread because it really feels like I've found my people LMAO.....for the past couple of years I feel like I've seen the way skincare twitter talks to people and thought to myself "damn...am I the only one peeping this??" I've BEEN had to mute Sean on Twitter (i'm well on the way to doing the same on insta tbh), and I've followed and unfollowed Nai at least twice now

Sidenote- did anyone else notice or at least know if Sean and Lilly had a falling out? Because didn't he used to practice out of her old studio, and now that her books have opened back up,Bryce will be working there. I wonder if it's because of the Fenty line....

General Manager
Reactions
18,507 247 75
Alleybux
She kinda right though.........
No, she is not right.

These are all facts:
UV rays scatter. You do not have to be in direct sunlight to be touched by UV rays, even indoors.
Sunscreen does not last all day. It only stays active for roughly 2 hours. You must reapply to remain protected.
Sunscreen exists primarily to prevent cancer.
Black people can still get skin cancer. Follow @brownskinderm on ig. She just posted examples of skin cancer yesterday.

General Manager
Reactions
18,507 247 75
Alleybux
Omg thank goodness I found this thread because it really feels like I've found my people LMAO.....for the past couple of years I feel like I've seen the way skincare twitter talks to people and thought to myself "damn...am I the only one peeping this??" I've BEEN had to mute Sean on Twitter (i'm well on the way to doing the same on insta tbh), and I've followed and unfollowed Nai at least twice now

Sidenote- did anyone else notice or at least know if Sean and Lilly had a falling out? Because didn't he used to practice out of her old studio, and now that her books have opened back up,Bryce will be working there. I wonder if it's because of the Fenty line....
First, let me preface this by saying that I do not know Sean personally.

As an esthetician, I can tell you that we have to constantly hustle. Sean is now in the position where he is most likely making enough money where he no longer needs to provide hands-on services. I believe a lot of people would jump at that opportunity. (Personally, doing facials is my favorite kind of work.) It doesn't mean he and Lily had a falling out.

You guys can say what you want about certain attitudes, but the bottom line is their skincare advice is correct. This doesn't mean I see eye to eye with all of them on every little thing but the fact remains that their content has a lot of value.

Now, speaking for myself, if I ever have an attitude about anything regarding skin or the advice I give, it is because estheticians as a whole are often met with push back, sometimes even from clients that are in our chair/bed/table. Some people would rather believe in unfounded claims, old wives' tales, and DIY recipes instead of scientific fact and chemistry. Understanding some chemistry is part of our job. What I can tell you is any good esthetician spends their free time (off the clock) researching and studying so we can better serve our clients. If I encounter someone spouting misinformation, or if their routine is damaging their skin in some way, I will tell them. Don't be rude when we are helping you, especially at times when we're doing so for free (whether it's on social media or in person). You're free to do your own research as well, but we are professionals in our field for a reason.

Starter
Reactions
2,250 43 16
Alleybux
First, let me preface this by saying that I do not know Sean personally.

As an esthetician, I can tell you that we have to constantly hustle. Sean is now in the position where he is most likely making enough money where he no longer needs to provide hands-on services. I believe a lot of people would jump at that opportunity. (Personally, doing facials is my favorite kind of work.) It doesn't mean he and Lily had a falling out.

You guys can say what you want about certain attitudes, but the bottom line is their skincare advice is correct. This doesn't mean I see eye to eye with all of them on every little thing but the fact remains that their content has a lot of value.

Now, speaking for myself, if I ever have an attitude about anything regarding skin or the advice I give, it is because estheticians as a whole are often met with push back, sometimes even from clients that are in our chair/bed/table. Some people would rather believe in unfounded claims, old wives' tales, and DIY recipes instead of scientific fact and chemistry. Understanding some chemistry is part of our job. What I can tell you is any good esthetician spends their free time (off the clock) researching and studying so we can better serve our clients. If I encounter someone spouting misinformation, or if their routine is damaging their skin in some way, I will tell them. Don't be rude when we are helping you, especially at times when we're doing so for free (whether it's on social media or in person). You're free to do your own research as well, but we are professionals in our field for a reason.
All true, but the issue being discussed here is not the value of what they're saying (we wouldn't have followed in the first place if we didn't see value in the content) but th fact that the esthies mentioned here are very rude for NO REASON, and almost all of the time. There's a difference between being snappy because your audience is being willfully ignorant and repetitive and being snarky and sarcastic for nothing.
At the end of the day if you are a professional providing a service, it definitely helps to at least be pleasant.

The Culture

Ask LSA

General Alley

Recent Posts

Toya apologizes to Lisa Nicole; apparently went off on her last night on IG live (M2M)
She said that’s her being her so ain’t no need apolo-lying talking about her spirit wasn’t right smh. I found Toya annoying ass shit when the show...
NYC Fonts get in here
I thought yall wanted the grittiness to return after complaining about gentrification?
  • Poll
Pink heard rumors about a new Lady Marmalade Cover
And did she really low key shade Patti? Lmao! Yeah I hope not, she can have several seats.
Men criticize you
He's not a looker his damn self.
BREAKING NEWS: Anti-Asian Hate Crimes Bill Passed
Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott are trying to remove the qualified immunity repeal. That's it. Thank you. I still think perhaps Lindsey is there to...
Detroit Gossip part III
a fake page commented on Lauren lyrics post a while back asking about the step child. She said they are very much in the child’s life but the...
Top Bottom