Black Twitter Tea & Discussion Thread

I know you’re somewhere, somewhere
Reactions
5,632 45 15
Alleybux
She’s mad that her friend is a hater so now anyone who is attractive is morally bankrupt? And how was she treated violently? Men ignored her? She puts a lot of attention into things she claims to be above. She needs therapy.
She said she already has a therapist. Anyway, my thing is, if she was criticising western standards of beauty/conventional beauty I think a lot of people would understand and even agree but ‘morally bankrupt’ is extreme because someone simply existing as a conventionally attractive person has absolutely nothing to do with their morals :/ also she does this thing where instead of criticising oppressive systems she has a deep personal hatred for individuals that exist within them even if they acknowledge their privilege and don’t weaponise it

edit: a word

Last edited:
to the moon alice the goon palace
Reactions
47,007 520 470
Alleybux
I know you’re somewhere, somewhere
Reactions
5,632 45 15
Alleybux
She’s mad that her friend is a hater so now anyone who is attractive is morally bankrupt? And how was she treated violently? Men ignored her? She puts a lot of attention into things she claims to be above. She needs therapy.
Also I’m laughing because it sounded like she loved the attention she was getting with her new found ‘beauty currency’

General Manager
Reactions
10,983 587 16
Alleybux
Something about his hands bother me. Also, he looks like he has nothing to offer inside the shorts. Also, why does he look so sad. Also, is he a hostage? Also, something in this pose. Also, are we sure he didn’t parole to her house for a place to stay, how did he have his own apartment fresh out of prison what font said that, can you clarify your tea?
Maybe that's why she posted a pic of a huge black dildo in an adult store they visited during this trip..

Also, he kind of sounds like he swings that way. :joy:

General Manager
Reactions
10,750 260 166
Alleybux
Rookie
Reactions
581 27 3
Alleybux
Bringing it back to those dastardly jumbo braids. Y’all saw the tweet of her complaining her man kept on asking her to wear a scarf over them?

at least he knows what’s up and it isn’t her five head. He’s tryna keep that under wraps

Naughty Two Shoes
Reactions
69,794 1,342 259
Alleybux
Also I’m laughing because it sounded like she loved the attention she was getting with her new found ‘beauty currency’
And one minute she hates men and attention from is also violence and horrible and being married is violence (while married) and blah blah blah blah blah blah but it’s okay while she’s benefiting from it.

she had a shitty friend so now anyone she thinks is beautiful is toxic and violent lmao. When can we deplatform her? It’s too bad that she otherwise seems like a smart person. She can string her thoughts together well and captivate an audience but she’s dangerous, because her issues most definitely affect her personal interactions with people and she’s supposed to be an attorney or something right? I can imagine her purposely fucking people over if she feels threatened by them for being any of the things she decides are violent because they’re what she thinks are better than her due to her own internal issues. Scary.

Rookie
Reactions
614 10
Alleybux
8F344166-7269-4B2E-91B6-FCD2192D2B32.png

Sometimes it’s okay if you just mind your business.

Reactions
8,028 108 5
Alleybux
I would like to file a restraining order against her on behalf of the words “violent” and “violence.” God damn.
I was wondering if the meaning of the word changed. Violence? Really? I do agree about the featurism thing and that’s a phenomenon within every race but violence? We can acknowledge that pretty privilege is a thing but to say that beautiful people are automatically moralLY bankrupt is her projecting . PERIOD . Like another tweeter said, people like her use critical social theory to justify their insecurities .

Team Owner
Reactions
27,940 199 15
Alleybux
And one minute she hates men and attention from is also violence and horrible and being married is violence (while married) and blah blah blah blah blah blah but it’s okay while she’s benefiting from it.

she had a shitty friend so now anyone she thinks is beautiful is toxic and violent lmao. When can we deplatform her? It’s too bad that she otherwise seems like a smart person. She can string her thoughts together well and captivate an audience but she’s dangerous, because her issues most definitely affect her personal interactions with people and she’s supposed to be an attorney or something right? I can imagine her purposely fucking people over if she feels threatened by them for being any of the things she decides are violent because they’re what she thinks are better than her due to her own internal issues. Scary.
she needs to take ownership for her deep seated issues, which i get darker skinned woman do get it bad at times. I can't speak on that entirely because i'm not one but I get her point but still not everyone thinks how she does. I think along with everything else, she has these issues within herself and she is projecting onto others. And people can sense her issues and that prob is what makes ppl stay away from her more than anything. There is someone for everyone. And most times these "beautiful" ppl are still just as miserable and alone as everyone else. And beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Find happiness within yourself. It can be a hard thing but you have to do it for inner peace.

Starter
Reactions
1,432 22 29
Alleybux
Anybody else think some of these Twitter “activists” turned book writers (thanks to attention given by retweeters) are wonky?
Many of them believe they’ve created theories and have been “teaching people things”. It’s getting pretty disturbing considering all of these discussions have been had prior to Twitter, decades ago by others with little to no followings or online persona. Dashaun did not create discourse about what they call “desirability politics” which is actually just a fancier term for pretty privilege. There is a sociological phenomenon that predates anything dashaun/oba boni/Sara ogun and multiple other annoying, lame, “I learned discourse online and then went to school so I know better than you” sort of folk have ever said.

These people don’t realize they are only smart to people who look to them to learn things. They’ll be accusing folks who have been speaking about these issues from first hand experience for years of theft just because they think they have range. Some of us didn’t learn our politics online and don’t look to random tweeters to be educated on basic sociological realities.
It’s getting outta hand.

Attachments

• 1B9DDB55-BD6E-4A25-9EFE-500A6E7919B2.png
    1B9DDB55-BD6E-4A25-9EFE-500A6E7919B2.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 48
Starter
Reactions
1,432 22 29
Alleybux
I would like to file a restraining order against her on behalf of the words “violent” and “violence.” God damn.
The way these people have weaponized the word violence will never bring peace. The phenomena is called Lookism, lookism has always existed. It’s just unfortunate that incels have used the word to support their wayward hatred for women, so most people don’t take it seriously anymore. Oba Boni is not saying anything new and to be honest, none of those “black elite” tweeters ever do. They just have a following. There are people who have less formal education or following who have been saying this for years. It’s not rocket science.
The way society chastises any woman considered unattractive is wrong, that’s straight up and down a fact. Yes, people who are pretty often are taught to participate in things that further discourage others from seeing uglier women as valuable. And yes, that can result in violence due to lack of being considered worthy of protection, it makes you the sacrificial lamb without feelings. But the way she and all her peers use the word violence is just sad. What’s violent is stealing theories and pretending that you’re saying something that nobody else has ever said. She said “I’m in my 30s trust I know the truth.” Ma’am, people have been saying this since I was 10 and I’m 30 today. Who are you, exactly?

people are so desperate to learn that they latch onto these bozos and no flare their egos so much that they all begin to believe they’re teachers. Lawd.

General Manager
Reactions
4,479 103 8
Alleybux

That's so weird. I got an alert that you quoted my post but I'm not the one who said that.

General Manager
Reactions
10,896 122 46
Alleybux
I'm all for calling out colorism but the conversations I've seen lately have a strange energy. The craziest tweets get cosigned. I just saw a tweet calling light skin/biracial women mongrels over a tik tok.

Starter
Reactions
1,432 22 29
Alleybux
I'm all for calling out colorism but the conversations I've seen lately have a strange energy. The craziest tweets get cosigned. I just saw a tweet calling light skin/biracial women mongrels over a tik tok.
I honestly wish Black women would stop dedicating their time or w.e to discourse on Twitter lmao. They’re so messy, and the folks like dashunn are too. Live your life, take pics? Be human...laugh. All these idiots think they know everything. Blitter Academy

General Manager
Reactions
24,763 582 82
Alleybux
Are they really acting like pretty/thin/light-skin privilege is new? Adding -ism to the end of a word to describe a phenomenon doesn't make it something they thought up on their own. I recall discussing weight in sociology 101 a million years ago. Leading a twitter discussion isn't the same as being at the forefront of a conversation in real life but these folks forget life exists off twitter.
Anybody else think some of these Twitter “activists” turned book writers (thanks to attention given by retweeters) are wonky?
Many of them believe they’ve created theories and have been “teaching people things”. It’s getting pretty disturbing considering all of these discussions have been had prior to Twitter, decades ago by others with little to no followings or online persona. Dashaun did not create discourse about what they call “desirability politics” which is actually just a fancier term for pretty privilege. There is a sociological phenomenon that predates anything dashaun/oba boni/Sara ogun and multiple other annoying, lame, “I learned discourse online and then went to school so I know better than you” sort of folk have ever said.

These people don’t realize they are only smart to people who look to them to learn things. They’ll be accusing folks who have been speaking about these issues from first hand experience for years of theft just because they think they have range. Some of us didn’t learn our politics online and don’t look to random tweeters to be educated on basic sociological realities.
It’s getting outta hand.

The Culture

Ask LSA

General Alley

Recent Posts

Name A Restaurant That Is Nasty But People Hype It Up
Here are my contributions: Whataburger = They always cook their meat medium rare, thus it has this spongy texture that's not very edible. If you...
New Youtuber Kirah Ominique- Any tea?
I feel like Kirah’s trainer does too many bulking/muscle gain exercises. I feel like she needs to focus on cardio and lean out first then get to...
Los Angeles County says Vanessa Bryant is going too far in lawsuit over grisly photos
#VanessaAlley Seriously though I have a hard time sympathizing with LA County here think of all the non famous people that have had this happen...
YouTube's Beef Sector: The Poor Reports
He's a mega troll. He's babenation and I have seen him go at James real heavy. I guess he was trolling Seven. I'm not even sure that's him. I...
GPK
Ok I thought the same thing but I had to do the math…that’s about $115 per order. It’s possible cause of his jacked up Wish/Amazon products he...
RHOA EXCLUSIVE: RHOA Cast Getting A Major Shakeup For S14; They Need To Do Something To Get More...
What we need are new producers, new editors, and stop protecting favorites behind the scenes! They edited out the argument between...
Married at First Sight: Season 12 Atlanta (Watch Thread) - Starts Jan. 13
I can’t like these posts enough! I learned a long time ago I can’t bring a s/o around my family too soon. They love making traits that you’ve...
Dear Larry Reid
I low key think less and feel a ways about jives knowing this information and not saying anything and trying to use it as a leverage to break a...
Unpopular opinions: Prince William
Also William went to sandhurst because he didn’t want Harry to outrank him, mind, he made rude comments about Harry not going to university.
Top Bottom