Quantcast

UPDATE *Blinks in Immunocompromised.*

Huairen

「 ✦ᴘɪᴄʜɪʜᴏɪᴘᴘᴜ✦ 」
Reaction score
Reactions
9,619 1,300 698
Alleybux
Premie, born with asthma, developed diabetus as a young adult. Medical back history, cool. Working built up my immunity towards germs and what not but after the pandemic hit, I slowly but surely lost all that immunity. Now, this year... I hadn't been outside in 3 months. Last time I got a cold, I brought an overnight bag with me to the hospital because I couldn't breathe and quite frankly, I had another problem on my hands in which they had to use an ultra sound to find a vein. I- Anyways. Feeling cooped up in the house with nothing to do and constantly being on a short leash with everyone. I finally bit the social anxiety bullet and texted my sister for the dog because he always makes me feel better.

Got the dog, according to my pacer, I took him out for a 15 minute walk. Everything is all fine and dandy and then yesterday I felt like I got hit with a brick wall. Understand that after we got back in the house, I washed all the pollen off me, disinfected, changed my clothes, took proper precautionaries with his fur. Everything. So it wasn't that at all.

I woke up sweating three times, tongue swollen, post nasal drip, fever, half cold/half hot. Only outside for 15 minutes and I ended up taking 4 allergy pills. 2 before I left and 2 afterwards. Sucks my teeth. Maaaaaan.

I've been drinking lots of fluids and taken holistic medicine because most man-made medicine doesn't work too well on me if at all. (i.e. the only pain med that works on me is pamprin, allergic to mucinex and etc.)

The only thing that's really bothering me out of all this is I know I'm hot because my body is fighting off something, but I'm used to being cold. I love being cold and I don't know how to adjust being a walking furnace temporarily. It's worse than on my menstrual. Any tips to combat the sweltering heat that is my upper body trying to cook me?

Edit: Thank you guys for all your suggestions and I implemented most of them thoroughly. I do have Zyrtec but when in severe cases like this, it does nothing. Tylenol does not work on me. I did place a lot of icy-cold things on my person and regularly rotated. Now I feel a lot better. Dehydrated. But a lot better.

I actually don't have a nebulizer, but I've been requesting one yet my doctor keeps saying no. (Still demanding one though) but my doctor wants me to get an epipen after having a few allergic reactions to certain stuff... off topic but anyway.

Yesterday was grocery day, so I got it delivert and was able to flush away anything else that was lingering. Thanks you guys so much.

P.S. My doctor is a POC but not Black. So you know, we have to demand to be taken seriously and let them know we're not overreacting.

Last edited:

LoLu10Plus

Laughter is the best medicine.
Reaction score
Reactions
41,680 873 192
Alleybux
I’m so sorry you’re not feeling well. Would a cool shower, a cool washcloth, or even a bag of frozen vegetables on your forehead or torso help?

I’m far from a doctor, and sorry I can’t offer better advice. But I’m hoping you’ll be feeling well and stronger soon. Xoxo

Madox

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
87,732 3,097 1,438
Alleybux
Get a bedfan.
bedfan.com
best 170 bucks I ever spent.
It blows cold air in between your fitted and flat sheet and it’s a god send for hot sleepers.
Hope you’re using your nebulizer daily! Hugs

Tea Masala

My cup runneth over, Hallelujah!
Reaction score
Reactions
3,550 83 15
Alleybux
How about a fever reduce like tylenol/acetaminophen?

brandiBOW

B.O.W
Reaction score
Reactions
32,908 1,242 351
Alleybux
I hope you feel better. When I moved down south I tried zyrtec to combat against random allergies that I soon discovered I had. It helped me out tremendously! I would also suggest a humidifier at night to purify all that air in your room when you go to sleep.

lameur4

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,927 1,488 210
Alleybux
Premie, born with asthma, developed diabetus as a young adult. Medical back history, cool. Working built up my immunity towards germs and what not but after the pandemic hit, I slowly but surely lost all that immunity. Now, this year... I hadn't been outside in 3 months. Last time I got a cold, I brought an overnight bag with me to the hospital because I couldn't breathe and quite frankly, I had another problem on my hands in which they had to use an ultra sound to find a vein. I- Anyways. Feeling cooped up in the house with nothing to do and constantly being on a short leash with everyone. I finally bit the social anxiety bullet and texted my sister for the dog because he always makes me feel better.

Got the dog, according to my pacer, I took him out for a 15 minute walk. Everything is all fine and dandy and then yesterday I felt like I got hit with a brick wall. Understand that after we got back in the house, I washed all the pollen off me, disinfected, changed my clothes, took proper precautionaries with his fur. Everything. So it wasn't that at all.

I woke up sweating three times, tongue swollen, post nasal drip, fever, half cold/half hot. Only outside for 15 minutes and I ended up taking 4 allergy pills. 2 before I left and 2 afterwards. Sucks my teeth. Maaaaaan.

I've been drinking lots of fluids and taken holistic medicine because most man-made medicine doesn't work too well on me if at all. (i.e. the only pain med that works on me is pamprin, allergic to mucinex and etc.)

The only thing that's really bothering me out of all this is I know I'm hot because my body is fighting off something, but I'm used to being cold. I love being cold and I don't know how to adjust being a walking furnace temporarily. It's worse than on my menstrual. Any tips to combat the sweltering heat that is my upper body trying to cook me?

My dear please purchase and read Cleanse to heal by Anthony Williams. IT WILL CHSNGR YOUR LIFE

Reaction score
Reactions
13,229 727 828
Alleybux
So you stayed in the house for 3 months so you wouldn’t get sick... and ended up lowering your immune system, making you sick, which is what you were trying to avoid in the first place. Might as well have just left the house every once in a while.

Huairen

「 ✦ᴘɪᴄʜɪʜᴏɪᴘᴘᴜ✦ 」
Reaction score
Reactions
9,619 1,300 698
Alleybux
Blinks in Social and General Anxiety amplified by covid and race wars. I mean yeah after catching a cold and being sent to the hospital was the catalyst to stop going outside but there was another reason as well.
So you stayed in the house for 3 months so you wouldn’t get sick... and ended up lowering your immune system, making you sick, which is what you were trying to avoid in the first place. Might as well have just left the house every once in a while.

Seoe

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,588 398 299
Alleybux
Get tested for covid and get an oximeter. Try your best to get someone to bring it for you. Please isolate asap and monitor your breathing. Take your maintenance inhaler frequently and on time.

I'm sorry you're unwell

GirlIGuess

Fly Ass Pisces
Reaction score
Reactions
44,597 1,256 203
Alleybux
Tell your doctor to document in your chart the refusal of your requested medication. Sometimes that gets them to give in , because if something happens in your medicial history that the nebulizer would've remedied they'd be liable.

For breathing issues, the herb mullein is good. Tincture or tea. I use the Tincture in tea for my daughter's asthma. Put a free drops in Yogi Breathe easy tea.

Air purifier to get things you track in the house (pollen dust dander) out the air.

A cool shower and some Tylenol to help with the fever. Keep a cold wash rag on your head (wet it and put it in the freezer) and do on for 20 mins.

Hope you feel better love.

Huairen

「 ✦ᴘɪᴄʜɪʜᴏɪᴘᴘᴜ✦ 」
Reaction score
Reactions
9,619 1,300 698
Alleybux
I do take them regularly. I always take 2 everyday. I mentioned I took 4 because I noticed it wasn't working whatsoever and I didn't want to accidentally overdose in a panic to feel better.
Allergie meds should be taken regularly, not just before and after you go outside.