Quantcast

Blogging and passive income

bellpepper

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
156,915 4,617 951
Alleybux
Have any of you had success with blogging (hobby or 'professional') and passive income?

If willing to share:
  • How frequently do you post?
  • Do you post on other platforms, such as FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. (for link redirects)?
  • How long did it take you to get visitors?
  • How many visitors does your blog get (on avg) a month?
  • How much do you make a month (via ads, affiliate marketing, brand partnerships, ad networks etc)?

Last edited:

wutthephuq

Mariah Carey’s Whistle Note
Reaction score
Reactions
3,174 12
Alleybux
I doubt people will wanna share smh. They say game is sold not told, especially these days.

SaraSampson100

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
26,748 2,447 3,790
Alleybux
Have any of you had success with blogging (hobby or 'professional') and passive income?

If willing to share:
  • Do you post on other platforms, such as FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. (for link redirects)?
  • How much do you make a month (via ads, affiliate marketing, brand partnerships, ad networks etc)?

A woman on a Reddit blogging forum had a good break down of how much she made. I’ll try to find the link.

Reaction score
Reactions
3,698 93 12
Alleybux

If willing to share:

1) I never count. Maybe 2 to 3 blog posts in a month. Sometimes less. I have 3 blogs so things get hectic.

2) Pinterest brings me a lot of traffic. Pinterest plus SEO. I just recently started incorporating Facebook into the picture. I post on IG once in a blue moon.
Pinterest still remains one of the easiest ways to drive traffic to a blog old or new. I have a thread here but a lot of the information is outdated because they’ve made a million changes this year. I have a blog where I talk about Pinterest so you can check it out here to stay up to date. I’m trying to be consistent on there too. Whew I really need to get a VA next year.

3) I hit 10,000 visitors in about 5 months I believe. I think I posted it in my Pinterest thread. All of these people were from Pinterest btw.

4) It’s in the 50,000 to 100,000 range.

5) $50 to $100 a day on Mediavine adds up for ad income.

Affiliate income, $200 to $500- I haven’t really actively focused on driving this figure up. This one can go as high as you want it to if you find the right programs. Especially ones with good commission rates like 40%. I recently signed up to one and made $98 as my first commission. This is when I realized that I’ve been signed up to the wrong programs.

I haven’t done any brand collabs/sponsored posts. I wanted to focus on building a solid SEO traffic base.

I’m rebranding next year so I’m aiming to work with more brands. I rank on the first page for too many hair related articles to not have brand collabs with hair brands.

This is getting long but someone wrote this on Twitter and I agree.

“Blogging is content marketing. Content marketing is a critical part of digital marketing. Digital marketing isn’t going anywhere. Therefore blogging is absolutely relevant today.”

Blogging is still a very profitable venture. I know people who make as much as $10,000 a month. Especially people who have niche sites.

If you PICK THE RIGHT NICHE, set up the right systems & structures, invest in proper tools, products & resources(you’ve got to spend money to make money at some point) and create good content, you’ll make good money.

I’m aiming to have consistent $10,000 months next year through blogging. It will require a lot of work but I’m ready to match the effort that’s needed.

Search Mediavine income report if you want to read some good income reports. I can vouch for those ones because I’m a Mediavine publisher and I see the crazy figures people hit everyday.

Edited to add the bit about niches.

bellpepper

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
156,915 4,617 951
Alleybux
1) I never count. Maybe 2 to 3 blog posts in a month. Sometimes less. I have 3 blogs so things get hectic.

2) Pinterest brings me a lot of traffic. Pinterest plus SEO. I just recently started incorporating Facebook into the picture. I post on IG once in a blue moon.
Pinterest still remains one of the easiest ways to drive traffic to a blog old or new. I have a thread here but a lot of the information is outdated because they’ve made a million changes this year. I have a blog where I talk about Pinterest so you can check it out here to stay up to date. I’m trying to be consistent on there too. Whew I really need to get a VA next year.

3) I hit 10,000 visitors in about 5 months I believe. I think I posted it in my Pinterest thread. All of these people were from Pinterest btw.

Affiliate income, $200 to $500- I haven’t really actively focused on driving this figure up. This one can go as high as you want it to if you find the right programs. Especially ones with good commission rates like 40%. I recently signed up to one and made $98 as my first commission. This is when I realized that I’ve been signed up to the wrong programs.

I haven’t done any brand collabs/sponsored posts. I wanted to focus on building a solid SEO traffic base.

I’m rebranding next year so I’m aiming to work with more brands. I rank on the first page for too many hair related articles to not have brand collabs with hair brands.

“Blogging is content marketing. Content marketing is a critical part of digital marketing. Digital marketing isn’t going anywhere. Therefore blogging is absolutely relevant today.”

Blogging is still a very profitable venture. I know people who make as much as $10,000 a month. Especially people who have niche sites.

If you PICK THE RIGHT NICHE, set up the right systems & structures, invest in proper tools, products & resources(you’ve got to spend money to make money at some point) and create good content, you’ll make good money.

I’m aiming to have consistent $10,000 months next year through blogging. It will require a lot of work but I’m ready to match the effort that’s needed.

Search Mediavine income report if you want to read some good income reports. I can vouch for those ones because I’m a Mediavine publisher and I see the crazy figures people hit everyday.

Thank you so much for sharing! I will visit your site soon!

Sade Winfrey

Retired
Reaction score
Reactions
156,498 4,980 2,863
Alleybux

Where would you suggest finding affiliate progams for high earning products?

Any site suggestions? @Lonewolf 98

Reaction score
Reactions
3,698 93 12
Alleybux
Depends on your niche and the type of products you want to promote. Brands that price their products on the higher side tend to have higher commission payouts.

Alternatively you can try joining affiliate networks like rewardStyle, Awin, Shareasale. These ones usually have many brands housed under 1 roof and often categorize them based on commission rates.
Where would you suggest finding affiliate progams for high earning products?

Any site suggestions? @Lonewolf 98

Sleepb4nine

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,282 553 100
Alleybux

What platform do you use.

I more of so just want somewhere to rant and talk sh!t. Post my pictures and opinions and go.

Sleepb4nine

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,282 553 100
Alleybux
WordPress. Self hosted Wordpress.

Thank you!

What would you say is the hardest thing?

I just looked up some videos on making my website/ Wordpress.

Then what?

I know next you get a domain. The rest is posting content and getting your work out there?

Reaction score
Reactions
3,698 93 12
Alleybux
Definitely being consistent. Starting is easy, staying at it not so much especially in the beginning when you feel like things aren’t moving as fast as they should. This mostly happens when you only solely rely on SEO because it takes time for Google to index your site.
Thank you!

What would you say is the hardest thing?

I just looked up some videos on making my website/ Wordpress.

Then what?

I know next you get a domain. The rest is posting content and getting your work out there?

VioletHibiscus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,612 1,080 162
Alleybux
Does anybody know how to embed an Apple Playlist into a Wordpress blog? Simply trying to embed is not working, although Google says that it should.

Kingshady

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,670 1,125 1,075
Alleybux
I had a blog a few years ago that brought in money from Google Adsense but I was able to make even more money by providing niche services to visitors of the blog. Over the 6 years that I had the blog I was able to hit 1,000,000 in total visitors. But I posted everyday with some breaks and used twitter at the time for social media.

I also worked 12 hour days on the blog. It took a lot of hard work and dedication.

The Red Woman

President of LSA
Reaction score
Reactions
109,204 7,407 6,519
Alleybux
I had a blog a few years ago that brought in money from Google Adsense but I was able to make even more money by providing niche services to visitors of the blog. Over the 6 years that I had the blog I was able to hit 1,000,000 in total visitors. But I posted everyday with some breaks and used twitter at the time for social media.

I also worked 12 hour days on the blog. It took a lot of hard work and dedication.
How much did the Adsense bring in

whocaresaboutit

PM me for info on personal tarot card readings
Reaction score
Reactions
68,673 1,058 244
Alleybux
Blogging is not "set it and forget it"

You have to put in the work to find the right niche and write posts that will attract your target audience.

Most people burn out because of the work involved.

You've gotta love your niche, because you'll have to talk about it all the time.

BigLolaFalana

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,009 1,688 848
Alleybux
A woman on a Reddit blogging forum had a good break down of how much she made. I’ll try to find the link.

Also look into affiliate marketing. It’s when you share content about sh!t and link products. Companies (Amazon) pay you for purchases made after clicking such links. It why you see product linked in news articles, blog posts, viral tweets, YouTube descriptions etc.