Quantcast

Blogging Tips

Purplecharm

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
29,063 1,188 796
Alleybux
I recently started a blog that I eventually want to monetize.

I am trying to decided if I should go with post excerpts on the the home page to get the additional page view or if I should display the entire post on the home page.

Any bloggers have advice on which approach is best?

If you have any other advice, please feel free to share.

BummyBetty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,399 919 371
Alleybux
I recently started a blog that I eventually want to monetize.

I am trying to decided if I should go with post excerpts on the the home page to get the additional page view or if I should display the entire post on the home page.

Any bloggers have advice on which approach is best?

If you have any other advice, please feel free to share.

You will receive more views if you post excerpts. ..so that your viewers will actually click on the post and view/ maybe read this post or other post. What is the blog about

Purplecharm

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
29,063 1,188 796
Alleybux
You will receive more views if you post excerpts. ..so that your viewers will actually click on the post and view/ maybe read this post or other post. What is the blog about

I blog about the city where I live.

I am leaning towards excerpts but when I researched the topic I read that you can lose visitors if they have to do an extra click to read the content.

AhsokaTano98

Ahsoka, You Have Disappointed me 4 the Last Time
Reaction score
Reactions
25,164 643 456
Alleybux
IDK what your blog is about or how its set up, but for the purpose of my blog I have my home page, about page and three menus with links. I've only been blogging for about a month and a half, I.also have my other social media connected with out and links direct in said social media. I even did a small campaign on facebook.

Purplecharm

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
29,063 1,188 796
Alleybux
IDK what your blog is about or how its set up, but for the purpose of my blog I have my home page, about page and three menus with links. I've only been blogging for about a month and a half, I.also have my other social media connected with out and links direct in said social media. I even did a small campaign on facebook.

Is your home page static or is that where your blog content is?

How did the facebook campaign workout for you?

AhsokaTano98

Reaction score
Reactions
25,164 643 456
Alleybux
Is your home page static or that where your blog content is?

How did the facebook campaign workout for you?

Yes its static because of the content, I didn't want a traditional blog in that your most recent posts stays on top. Well my page on face book got a lot of likes. I used very little money and it only ran for a week. I'm going to do another campaign next week. I've tumblr to be useful.I'm very new to it, I post links to my blog on there and remain active so I've gotten many.more hits.like that. I do have Twitter although.I'm not super active on it like I should be, I do update it every time I have a.New post.

Purplecharm

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
29,063 1,188 796
Alleybux

Yes its static because of the content, I didn't want a traditional blog in that your most recent posts stays on top. Well my page on face book got a lot of likes. I used very little money and it only ran for a week. I'm going to do another campaign next week. I've tumblr to be useful.I'm very new to it, I post links to my blog on their and remain active so I've gotten many.more hits.like that. I do have Twitter although.I'm not super active on it like I should be, I do update it every time I have a.New post.

I have another blog and it has a static front page but my new blog will be traditional.

I wanted to hold off on running a FB campaign and just try to see if I could grow my likes organically. My likes are trickling in very slowly. I have 48 fans. My page is less than 2 months old but I really would like to get to 100 soon, if possible. I think people are more inclined to like a page when it already has a decent amount of likes.

One of my post went mini-viral recently. I checked my analytics one morning and the page views for that post were through the roof. The traffic came from FB. Someone must to shared the post and it started to spread. It was short-lived though because the next day my views tanked, but I knew that would happened so I wasn't surprised.

I am also on twitter, instagram and tumblr. Not much traction for any of those platforms yet.

Misty4m

Flaunting My Curves
Reaction score
Reactions
1,803 19 11
Alleybux
I found with my blog when I made a few changes to it 3 years ago my readers increase major and it's also good if you have a trackback report letting you know who is sharing your content from your blog that help give you load of readers to your blog.

Always stay focus on what your blog focus is that will keep readers and big more visitors to your blog.

AhsokaTano98

Reaction score
Reactions
25,164 643 456
Alleybux
Yes i get more traffic organically from Tumblr which is why I'm on there more. I guess it takes time, just in the last couple.of days 300 more views than without being so active on tumblr. I have instagram too but haven't done anything with it yet.

chamberice

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,481 498 330
Alleybux
Yes i get more traffic organically from Tumblr which is why I'm on there more. I guess it takes time, just in the last couple.of days 300 more views than without being so active on tumblr. I have instagram too but haven't done anything with it yet.

I have another blog and it has a static front page but my new blog will be traditional.

I wanted to hold off on running a FB campaign and just try to see if I could grow my likes organically. My likes are trickling in very slowly. I have 48 fans. My page is less than 2 months old but I really would like to get to 100 soon, if possible. I think people are more inclined to like a page when it already has a decent amount of likes.

One of my post went mini-viral recently. I checked my analytics one morning and the page views for that post were through the roof. The traffic came from FB. Someone must to shared the post and it started to spread. It was short-lived though because the next day my views tanked, but I knew that would happened so I wasn't surprised.

I am also on twitter, instagram and tumblr. Not much traction for any of those platforms yet.

I'm just starting my own blog as well on wordpress last week and i setting up a tumblr and youtube since i use them the most.

to monetize it, are you guys using Google, amazon or something eles?

i know your guys are just starting to get an audience but have you received any money yet?

Purplecharm

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
29,063 1,188 796
Alleybux
I'm just starting my own blog as well on wordpress last week and i setting up a tumblr and youtube since i use them the most.

i know your guys are just starting to get an audience but have you received any money yet?

I moved my blog from wordpress.com to a self-hosted wordpress.org account which caused me to lose what little traffic I had. I'm working on strategies to drive traffic to my site. Once I build a decent audience and get my page view up, I will then start to monetize.

AhsokaTano98

Reaction score
Reactions
25,164 643 456
Alleybux
Ues

No, I'm not really looking into that really. Oh yes forgot to mention I do use Google plus as well. It's just me trying to get my.voice out there, that's all.

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom